[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What boards that you have browsed were the smartest? After about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 670294375327432.jpg (378KB, 1776x2000px) Image search: [Google]
670294375327432.jpg
378KB, 1776x2000px
What boards that you have browsed were the smartest?

After about three months of browsing /pol/ for the elections, I have come to the conclusion that they are honestly, completely, fucking retarded. It's not even that I disagree with their views. I'm probably more racist than half of them and I'm voting for Trump. It's that they misinterpret easy to understand statements all the time. There was someone who started spamming a thread because he thought it was something entirely different, and even when told otherwise he still thought so. The way that people type there reminds me of third grade English class.

Despite /int/ being filled with memes and shitposting, I'd wager that the average poster on /int/ is ten times more intelligent than the average /pol/ browser. They understand deep forms of humor because of the amount of irony they use on there, and you have to be pretty intelligent to learn a second language, which all of the non-Anglo posters have. I'm just going to stick to /int/ after having this epiphany about how godawful /pol/ is.

The same thing applies to /a/ and /m/. /m/ misunderstands easy to understand statements all the time. /a/, at least in the past before it went to shit last year, was one of the smarter boards I've browsed.
>>
/lit/ or /sci/ (when not filled with trolls)
>>
>>433484
/k/ gave me great 9mm advice.

/lit/ when they aren't being jokers are at least smarter than the average board, but even then it was it's groups and people don't seem to have a general understanding of much outside of certain genres.
>>
One thing you have to understand is that /pol/ is the proverbial "Third Rome" of 4chan. It's the /b/ of our age. When /b/ became shit, it became /v/, and then when /v/ was a charred corpse, they moved to /pol/.

Essentially what I'm saying is that you shouldn't go there expecting any sort of rational discourse, since all they want to do is spam stupid memes and follow cult of personality, much like /b/ with Cracky or Boxxy, /v/ with whoever the fuck they idolize (from what i've heard its shitty youtubers) and now /pol/ with Trump.

I'd say the hobby boards generally have a higher level of discourse. The more niche a hobby, the higher level of discourse.
>>
>>433486
Those are actually the dumbest boards on the site, because only a complete retard would use a site like 4chan to talk about those kind of topics.
>>
>>433503
/lit/ is definitely smarter than other art boards
>>
/a/ is a paragon of intellectual imageboard culture
>>
>>433507
/lit/ is full of low quality shitposting and dumb memes. /sci/ is even worse. Don't kid yourself. "Serious" topics just don't fit into 4chan at all.
>>
>>433484
/v/ and /ck/
>>
>4chan
>intelligent discussion
There is no single board that I would say is intelligent as a whole, but you can go to just about any board and fine decent discussions once in a while.
>>
>>433511
I know this is an easy excuse but in /lit/'s case it truly is satire a lot of the time. The issue is more with them thinking they have good senses of humor.
>>
File: 1439911274916.jpg (69KB, 611x548px) Image search: [Google]
1439911274916.jpg
69KB, 611x548px
>>433507
>/lit/ is definitely smarter than other art boards
>>
File: 1154232115577.jpg (59KB, 582x466px) Image search: [Google]
1154232115577.jpg
59KB, 582x466px
>>433484
>/a/, at least in the past before it went to shit last year, was one of the smarter boards I've browsed
>>
>>433486
Don't fool yourself by the name "science", /sci/ is /mu/-tier in shitposting. Just look at the catalog.
>>
>>433787
>/mu/-tier in shitposting
/mu/ shitposting is at least funny unlike on /tv/
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.