[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we have to enter a captcha after every single post?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: i.gif (984KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
i.gif
984KB, 500x281px
Why do we have to enter a captcha after every single post?

You could easily make it so a user only has to enter a captcha once every X posts.
>>
I kind of like having to enter a captcha every post. I catch many spelling mistakes that way.
>>
File: 1446916674360.png (1MB, 4040x1896px) Image search: [Google]
1446916674360.png
1MB, 4040x1896px
Spambots.
>>
>>431731
It's L I T E R A L L Y the only site feature capable of slowing down ban evaders. Would love to see more catchpas stacked on the front end of a session to force new IPs to solve 10+ before their initial post.
>>
I don't really post a lot, and I've noticed something.
If I don't post for say 10 hours, then I don't have to fill out captchas when I post again. The first 2 or 3 posts - no captchas. Then it starts again.

It seems like I'm being "rewarded" by not posting a lot and taking long, daily breaks (sleep etc).
>>
>>431807
captchas are to prevent spam bots. spam bots do not post infrequently. the more you post, the more likely you're a spam bot and the more captchas you'll get. if you post a lot, you'll start getting multiple captchas per post and then eventually the unsolvable ones.
>>
>>431799
Have to solve ten goddamn captchas for each post as it is anyway. Fuck street signs.
>>
>>431818
>if you post a lot, you'll start getting multiple captchas per post and then eventually the unsolvable ones.
Really? So in a way, there's actually a daily post limit on 4chan?
>>
>>431848
you can clear your cookies and/or change your ip and go back to the simple ones.
>>
>>431768
That was because you could check your ban without having to type in a captcha.

People would run a script to check a list of proxies to find unbanned proxies, but they can't do that any more, therefore spam bots are no longer a problem.

And besides, there could be a reward system.

For example:

After typing in 10 captchas you only have to solve a captcha once every three posts, after typing in 20 captchas you only have to solve a captcha once every 5 posts, etc.
>>
>>431807
It was never designed to be used this much by individuals. One click solutions are supposed to be the majority.
>>
>>431910
They don't need to use proxies. The Cornelia spambot, for example, was a trojan that used the victim's computer to spam 4chan. It used the victim's IP to post here.
Also, the reward system is pretty simple to bypass. Just type 200 captchas and boom, you fill up an entire board of spam threads.
>>
>>432022
This.
Even the dumb js script back in 2007 or 8 was a pain in the ass. Then came the color boxes. By 2010, traffic increased threefold and Cornelia found enough cretins to murder the entire site. Now with even more retards here, the spamtrojans would be completely unmanageable.
Captcha every post is a necessary evil.
>>
>>431768
Captcha every X posts would stop that just fine, as would captchas only for IE users, or even increased posting cooldowns when posting on multiple boards.

Besides, if Hiroyuki really wanted to stop malware, he would stop advertising malware.

The answer to OP's question is "yen."
>>
>>432061
You do know that you can spam this site with Javascript, right? You don't need to download a file to spam it. AJAX calls can do this fine, and it's even easier, because you only have to open your console and paste the script.
>>
>>432126
You would only be able to make a limited number of posts before you hit a captcha. You could not achieve self-sustained spam.
>>
>>432154
Well, it depends on how much posts you would need to hit a captcha. 50 posts, for example, already can spam a board.
>>
I REALLY LOVEY OU ANONYMOUS

SAVE AS 4CHAN.HTA
>>
File: 1307769039015.jpg (41KB, 1049x755px) Image search: [Google]
1307769039015.jpg
41KB, 1049x755px
>>431807
You are probably connected to the botnet, that's why, moron. Accounts with enough weight, in my experience, don't need to captcha at all.

>>431731
Yes, OP, I agree. Lets make the captcha even looser. As someone who quite regularly spams threads, why should I have to fill out 200 captchas to post 200 times, when I can just do 50 instead! It's genius OP! All that time I've spent solving captcha can be decreased and I can spam even harder now! Thanks OP!
>>
File: cornelia.jpg (419KB, 703x968px) Image search: [Google]
cornelia.jpg
419KB, 703x968px
>>432228
I lovey ou too ;_;
>>
It takes like 5 seconds to load and enter the captcha, even the street signs are that easy.
>>
>>432446
>You are probably connected to the botnet

No, I don't have a google account and I don't use Chrome.
>>
>>433392
>posted from you iPhone6 !
>>
>>433398
>using propriety software in 2016
>>
>>432126
>You do know that you can spam this site with Javascript, right? You don't need to download a file to spam it. AJAX calls can do this fine, and it's even easier, because you only have to open your console and paste the script.

Really? Proof?
>>
>>433894
>AJAX calls can do this fine
>>
>>432061
>as would captchas only for IE users
why do you think this?

people can spam from any other browser and spambots can spoof their user agent to appear to come from any arbitrary browser.

>Captcha every X posts would stop that just fine
no, it would just make it less costly to spam. Spam bots that spam sites that implement captcha typically forward the captcha to some actual person who is getting paid a small amount to solve the captcha.

>Besides, if Hiroyuki really wanted to stop malware, he would stop advertising malware.
Advertising it lets him get paid for it. Spam bots annoy the users and don't pay him.

>>433894
one could write a proof-of-concept easily enough, but if you just observe that 4chan's quick reply box uses AJAX, the implication is that anyone could write Javascript using the same AJAX that auto-fills the comment parameter and posts every x seconds using a simple timer.

Couple that with some javascript to cache captcha (4chan X has such caching implemented already) and one could very easily have spamming code.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.