[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does 4chan realize it takes about a month at most to get accustomed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

File: 1446207221805.jpg (9KB, 200x226px) Image search: [Google]
1446207221805.jpg
9KB, 200x226px
Does 4chan realize it takes about a month at most to get accustomed to board culture? It doesn't take years to learn how to post like your average user. Oldfags and newfags are exactly the same when it comes to posting style and overall attitude.
>>
>>431042
lurk moar
>>
>>431042
this
4chan is not rocket science
>>
I can't believe after all these years, there's still a subset of 4channers who are autistic enough to engage in a newfag vs oldfag war. Shit I can't even bring up 4chan in 2006 or 2007, even as a passing comment, because some projecting and raging lunatic will respond to it crying about how I'm lying. There ARE people who think 4chan is a bragging status, and they happen to be the very kind of people who accuse others of doing it. There's also still people who think Rules 1&2 are a thing.

I make an effort to explain things to people who don't get it, and watch others rage at me explaining their "meme". No, that girl isn't dead and saying "too soon" got old 40 years ago, the least I can do is tell everyone else how much of a shitpost it is.
>>
False.
>>
File: 1192477961491.png (354KB, 486x470px) Image search: [Google]
1192477961491.png
354KB, 486x470px
>>431127
Such a sad story....
>>
>>431137

Before I completely gave up being a part of the people who whine about "muh newfags muh cancer muh oldfags", I used to think this image was a perfectly good newfag test. I still think it's pretty cool to post it though and see how many people try to fit in and how many people are confused by others posting "too soon" and whatnot. That's not such a bad image though, just participating in the meme seems like something that should've ended a long time ago. That's speaking about /b/ though, and they do as they like.
>>
4chan isn't one board, it's 60+ boards. Some boards are easier to break into than others. Becoming a legitimate patron of /a/ or /m/ would typically take more lurking than it would to become apart of some of the extremely shitty and vapid boards like /tv/ or /co/.
>>
>>431144
autism speaks
>>
>>431148
Hello.
>>
>>431144
/a/ was my first board and I've never been called out, it's not special. I was on Funnyjunk and Memecenter for years before I went here. Anyone who has been on another site for a bit knows how to post on 4chan.
>>
>>431042
On top of that, you'll still get called a newfag and told to "lerk moar" for any little misunderstanding. It's a completely worthless pursuit.

Just today I was told to lurk more for not knowing about some shitty obscure manga that came out 4 months ago, and I've been here since moot was a weeb. There's no use.
>>
>>431144
>legitimate patron

Siding with >>431148 here

Even if you're not completely on the same page as other posters, it's still just another site on the internet with it's own community. I can go to any other imageboard and fit in just fine. I can even go to reddit and blend in if I really wanted to. I don't understand this mentality that people should lurk before they post. Not unless you want to put every post through some kind of arbitrary analysis in your head. "Ah, this guy doesn't seem like he lurked long enough. I'll pass on this guy!"
>>
>>431167
I guess that's true.
>>
>>431156
>On top of that, you'll still get called a newfag and told to "lerk moar" for any little misunderstanding. It's a completely worthless pursuit.

You saying this is the equivalent of whining.

Me pointing this out is shitposting or being autistic.

You responding is just feeding the troll.

I'm a troll for being upset.
^ This is an example of every shitpost argument that stems from the idiocy around here. Everyone is dismissed as something else. The culture here really has gotten more and more poisoned.
>>
File: >muh sekrit club.jpg (86KB, 1562x206px) Image search: [Google]
>muh sekrit club.jpg
86KB, 1562x206px
>>431167
>I don't understand this mentality that people should lurk before they post
Because 4chan is a imageboard with its own unique culture and way of doing things. You are expected to lurk and learn because its a fucking community. If you want some bland board discussion board, go use the hundreds of thousand others on the internet. When the site looses its identity is when it has truly gone to shit, because at that point it'd be no different tot every other site on internet, except, this one is filled with shitposting. If the notion that people don't like outsiders upsets you, don't fucking post here.
>>
>>431042
>a month

It takes an hour if you're slow.
>>
File: 920x920.jpg (133KB, 920x614px) Image search: [Google]
920x920.jpg
133KB, 920x614px
>>431232

You gain experience by posting. You can lurk WHILE you post. No one is going to cease posting entirely just so they can absorb some of this wonderful and "unique" board culture. They're going to get it by being a part of it.
>>
>>431468
>They're going to get it by being a part of it.
No they won't, idiot. The only thing that does it teaches you what pisses everyone off, not the way they do things. If every fucking idiot does that instead of lurking, the site will drown in nothing but newfags who know nothing and do nothing but shit the place up.

When you go to a foreign country, you don't just fucking go their head first. You first do some research about their culture, country, history and their way of doing things. Not doing that is a great way to get yourself in fucking jail. When you attempt to join a new community, you don't fucking jump in head first shitposting going 'im fucking new here please be nice and spoonfeed me on how you do things here :^)'. No, you lurk and observe how the community interacts and does things. Posting is your one way ticket to getting banned, kicked out and told to fuck off. I don't see how this is so fucking hard for modern internet users to fucking understand. The community doesn't exist for you and they'd rather you fuck off and die, then you posting without having learned even the fucking basics of the community. If you don't like the culture and the community? Fuck off and use a different site instead of changing it.

People like you are the reason the site is going to shit. Instead of lurking, you treat the site like everything else, post and shitpost and ruin everything. When another ignorant newfag sees your stupid ass, they think what you are doing is acceptable and the cycle continues until the original culture is gone and dead and you are in the shitposting hell like the site is currently in. What makes it worse is you guys will come back later and complain about how the site is now going to shit without understand the irony in your statement.

tl;dr lurk the fuck moar and kill yourself.
>>
>>431480
>When you go to a foreign country, you don't just fucking go their head first.
Stopped reading there.

You know both of you have points. Just have thicker skin and awareness that you're on the internet anonymously, and can just walk away if shit gets too real for you. So you can post as you lurk and lurk as you post. When you get your ass gets handed to you, your mental thick skin will prevent you from focusing on the emotion you're feeling and instead focus on what you did that got the particular reaction you don't like. As you get more callouses, you won't mind getting those reactions and may even provoke them. That's when the real fun begins.
>>
>>431480
>comparing 4chan to a foreign country

Most newcomers aren't dipping their toe in every thread and posting as frequent as their frequent user. Yet, most newcomers aren't maintaining a strict "lurk only, no posting" mentality either. Lurking AND posting is better than simply lurking. You get no experience by simply lurking.

You're demonstrating some serious secret club mentality here. Unless someone starts talking like it's AOL in 2002, I can't see how you could even notice the average newcomer unless it's a thread where experience in 4chan culture is necessary. Go to /b/ and you'll find a whole assortment of different posters.

TL;DR: Nobody is strictly "lurk only" and yet you probably don't notice it. Newcomers are way too spread out and a lot of them are on /b/.

Again

>comparing 4chan to a foreign country

Jesus fucking goodness gosh.
>>
>>431491
Do people really take 4chan this fucking seriously like that guy? I don't get it.
>>
>>431493
I understand how he sees it, it's a mentality of oldchan when there were, at peak, half a million users. There are pros and cons to it, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it. The policy still works for lesser populated boards. It's simply no longer effective to enforce with the present number of users.
>>
The only difference between newfaggotry and oldfaggotry is whether you care about it or not, but that means that if you stop caring, you can't be something you don't really believe in.

Oldfags don't actually exist and are just another out of control maymay to make newfags strife for something unreachable. It's pretty hilarious.
>>
>>431598
Holy shit. This is it. This is the explanation I've been seeking.
>>
>>431598
>stupid tripfag thinking his opinion matters or that is in anyway right
Kill yourself attention whore retard.
>>
>>431601
>stupid anon thinking his opinion matters or that is in anyway right
Kill yourself attention whore retard
>>
>>431603
As expected of a tripfag, can't do anything original and uses grade school tier retorts.
>>
>>431605
To be fair, your original post wasn't original at all.
>>
>>431605
As expected of an anon, can't do anything original and uses literal grade school retorts.
>>
>>431607
At-least my original post wasn't just no u.
>>
>>431610
No, it was the exact same thing every tripfag has heard a million times.
>>
>>431611
Yes, because its the only reply every tripfag bar a few deserves.
>>
>>431612
Just saying. Don't go around whining about originality when your post was no better.
>>
Holy shit there are seriously people who expect someone to just not post anything for 4 years and silently read everything that comes up with no input whatsoever.
>>
>>431480
>When you go to a foreign country, you don't just fucking go their head first. You first do some research about their culture, country, history and their way of doing things. Not doing that is a great way to get yourself in fucking jail.
Where are you traveling to, Somalia? I've been to various countries in Europe and never done this beyond basic hotel/sight research.
>>431492
>Unless someone starts talking like it's AOL in 2002, I can't see how you could even notice the average newcomer
There are a variety of ways. For instance (and fittingly, given your comment), I assume people who fill their comments with spacer lines are from reddit.
>>
>>431712
>structurally correctly paragraphing your text wall to make it more readable is reddit
You can not make this up. Please do no project your lack of intelligence on a scapegoat.
>>
>>431713
Hey, that reminds me of another thing. Tripfaggotry is just like a reddit username.
>>
File: WHO.CARES.png (798KB, 1063x781px) Image search: [Google]
WHO.CARES.png
798KB, 1063x781px
>>431142
>>
>>431715
Hey, that reminds me of another thing. Being anonymous is just like making an erotic roleplay alt account on Steam with zero connection to your real account which you use to roleplay as a girl with furfags with.

(Further emphasis on your lack of intelligent and incoherent anecdotes.)
>>
>>431717
Sounds like someone is upset and projecting.
>>
>>431718
Based on what, Anon? You should give arguments if your "ur projecting" post should be interpreted as anything but a "no u" post.
>>
>>431715
Usernames predate tripfaggotry by decades and trpifaggotry predates Reddit's usernames by years.

Some people's need to associate everything they don't like Reddit is just sad.
>>
>>431712
>I assume people who fill their comments with spacer lines are from reddit.
Now that's just dumb.

>>431715
>Tripfaggotry is just like a reddit username.
This too.

What you can easily assume though, is that someone who associates tripfagging with reddit usernames, is a newfag with a fixation on reddit who is so new to 4chan that he doesn't know that tripfagging was around long before reddit was thought of and has no relation.
>>
>>431700
I legimately know people who just lurk.
Maybe because they just look at the idiocy and laugh for entertainment. idk.
>>
>>431042
It's just a way for people to act elitist. More than half the time they're newfags aswell.
>>
>>431042
>Oldfags and newfags are exactly the same when it comes to posting style and overall attitude.
Found the newfag.

The difference between an oldfag and a newfag is context. Someone who has been browsing a board for a month doesn't view every post in the same context someone who has been browsing for several years does. The more time you spend on a board, the more events you witness, and you then apply those events to your future experience. You become more part of the board culture, rather than just witnessing it and emulating it. It's very easy for me to spot a newfag because they generally don't have a fucking clue about whats going on, asking questions about things that have been posted thousands of times in the past, and generally shitting up the thread with their ignorance. They contribute nothing and should just lurk.
>>
>>431042
I think it takes about 2 years to adapt to 4chan culture overall, but once you're in you can adapt to a new board in 1 month.

Of course I'm not talking about a neckbeard who spends 18 hours a day on the site, but a person who browses for 4 hours a week. Like a normal person.
>>
>>434039
But you obviously didn't find the newfag, because I'm not.
>>
>>434048
A wonderful counter argument
>>
>>434049
But anon, if newfags and oldfags are so different, why did you get me mistaken?
>>
>>434048
Everyone who got here after 2008 is a newfag.
>>
>>434052
Because you posted a single sentence reply on a board with 0 culture. You're a fucking idiot if you think that proves anything.
>>
>>434054
You were newfag once too so stop acting like this
>>
>>434039
>board culture

I hate this meme
>>
>>434056
I wouldn't deny I'm not an oldfag myself.
>>
>>434055
Are you saying you called someone a newfag with no knowledge of how long they've been here or how they even post? Like the exact thing that OP was talking about?
>>
>>434056
The point is that newfags should lurk more, not that they shouldn't come here, dimwit. We were all newfags once, but we all didn't post as newfags. I didn't post for years when I first came here, I was content to sit back and watch and enjoy. I knew I had nothing to contribute at the time, so I didn't tryhard to fit in.
>>
>>434060
I called someone a newfag because they displayed a clear ignorance that all newfags do.
>>
>>434061
>I didn't post for years after coming here
>he actually thinks people will believe this
>>
>>431856
>Now that's just dumb.
How so? It is standard fare for reddit and most redditors who come here do it, whereas most 4chan users simply go to the next line when starting a new thought.
There's nothing wrong with being from reddit, you don't have to get mad about it.
I'm well aware that tripfagging was around before reddit, I just found it rich that a tripfag would post an opinion in 'defense' of reddit considering the connection.
>>
>>434064
You can't imagine this place as being fun enough to just read threads? I still rarely comment. And I'm pretty sure I can count the number of threads Ive created on my hands.
>>
>>434063
That's the thing, both newfags and oldfags show these qualities. It's not a newfag exclusive thing, so saying you're a newfag for posting like that is asinine.
>>
>>434067
Oldfags don't show a clear ignorance for how this website works because they've been here and been through everything first hand. Newfaggotry is a special brand of ignorance that is terribly easy to spot.
>>
>>434068
>Oldfags don't show a clear ignorance for how this website works
Yes they do, all the time. Even if it were true, that ignorance isn't shown in the OP. All he's saying is that both newfags and oldfags almost always post and act exactly alike. You just get the occasional retard who types like a retard. Fuck, even when they act like a "newfag" it can be because of their home board's culture.
>>
File: Newfags and oldfags.png (79KB, 1283x387px) Image search: [Google]
Newfags and oldfags.png
79KB, 1283x387px
>>
>>434071
You have no idea what that ignorance looks like. You just keep repeating the same retarded mantra of "No, newfags and oldfags are the same!" and making no real arguments. OP does display that ignorance, it's very easy to see. It takes more than a month to get into a boards culture, to believe otherwise is overwhelmingly ignorant. There's simply no way to absorb the entirety of a boards culture in a month unless you browse 12 hours a day. You have to have some knowledge of the boards history to actually be informed about whats going on, and moreover witness that history first hand to get the correct context. Just seeing the latest memes of the month doesn't stop you from looking like an ignorant fool
>>
>>434073
I bet you think all frogposters must be newfags too.
>>
>>434080
They may not know the entire history of the board, but they don't need to to post exactly like the way your average oldfag posts. Are you trying to imply the average oldfag mentions ancient history every time they post?
>>
File: feels-good-man.jpg (19KB, 340x370px) Image search: [Google]
feels-good-man.jpg
19KB, 340x370px
>>434081
I don't.
>>
>>434086
No, but when a newfag bounces into a new board, they are met with a great deal of shitposting, much of it ironic. How is someone who just showed up suppose to understand that the difference is if they weren't around for the inception of that particular brand of shitpost? They wont, and they don't understand. And so they start posting, and they emulate the kind of retarded bullshit troll posts they see everywhere, all while falling for obvious troll posts.
They shit up entire threads with their ignorance and generally post asinine bullshit that looks like it's in the 4chan format, but is actually just bullshit. 9 time out of 10 they contribute nothing and are better off not posting. So, they should just fucking lurk moar, they have no reason to be posting, and 4chan is entertaining enough to just read. But no, they wanna feel cool and included, so they gotta post, even if they haven't got a fucking clue whats going on. It's cancer.
>>
>>434094
I'm fairly certain after a month of being around it, a newfag can understand Keti-Ai. It's not fucking rocket science, idiot.

>So, they should just fucking lurk moar, they have no reason to be posting, and 4chan is entertaining enough to just read. But no, they wanna feel cool and included, so they gotta post, even if they haven't got a fucking clue whats going on. It's cancer.
Ha.
>>
>>434101
No, they really don't understand it, they go on thinking that kind of posting is the status quo and they perpetuate the same kind of bullshit posts they see, queue more newfags coming in and doing the same thing. This is why the website has gone to shit. The solution is to LURK MOAR.
>>
>>434108
>This is why the website has gone to shit
Oh, so you're one of those people. You got too jaded for 4chan and now you think everything's shit nowadays. It's exactly how 40-50 year old men say there are no good films made anymore.
>>
>>434115
You see, thats how I know you haven't been here very long. Quality of posts has indeed gone down, the only people who don't see that are people who just here in the past 4 years. I'm not saying this place was a goldmine, but it was sure as fuck was a better community.
>>
>>434119
>4chan used to be so much better!
No it wasn't. You're only remember the good things, just like how people only remember the good old movies. You would just cringe your way out of the site if you saw all the old seasonal memes and shitposts.
>>
>>434115
It can't be denied that nobody really enjoys overpopulated boards like /b/ and /v/ anymore.

I'd say the other boards are subjective.
>>
>>431042

We're not talking about oldfags and newfags, though.
We're talking about anons and Reddit users.
It doesnt matter how long it takes to learn a board's culture. Redditors arent going to bother at all.
>>
>>434126
You're utterly retard if you deny /b/ and /v/ are at their collective worst. The niche, lower traffic boards are okay, some better than others, but you simply aren't in a position to argue that the higher traffic boards aren't going to shit. Stop acting like you know whats going on, you are completely fucking ignorant.
>>
>>434143
/v/ is only ruined because of the way video games themselves have been handled these past few years. It's become a largely liberal, politically correct medium, which made /v/ rebel against itself. If anime started getting censored and included non-cute transgendered and stronk independent women /a/ would be ruined too.

Old /b/ is basically what /r9k/ is right now. Things change.
>>
>>434155
You're talking out your ass.
>>
>>434157
>oh shit! He actually made sense!
>>
>>434158
No, you made no sense, comparing /no gf/ to old /b/, are you dense? No, you just weren't there. I wont fault you for that. Because, I'll reiterate, there's nothing wrong with being a newfag, there just something wrong when you post as one.
>>
>>434160
/r9k/ is exactly how /b/ used to be, anon. Come on now. You can go on yelling at random people on the internet, but at the end of the day, you're the problem.
>>
>>434155
>Old /b/ is basically what /r9k/ is right now

My sides.
>>
>>434163
/b/ was not 70% feels, 10% nofap, and 20% tinder shitposting, you ignorant twat. Seriously, mook needs to delete /qa/, it's /q/ all over again; retarded faggots who don't know shit about the website trying to change its course. Fuck off, will you?
>>
>>434167
>/b/ was not 70% feels, 10% nofap, and 20% tinder shitposting
No, it was all the old memes posted long after they got tiring.
>>
>>434169
/b/ MADE the memes, and then promptly overposted them, in standard /b/ fashion, then moved on to the next one.

/r9k/ repeatedly posts two memes and whines about no gf. Seriously, stop posting, you don't know shit.
>>
>>434170
>what is frogposting
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.