[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/im/ - Internet Media

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

File: 9445.jpg (71KB, 800x458px) Image search: [Google]
9445.jpg
71KB, 800x458px
Why hasn't this board been made it?

It could be dedicated to all things media related on the internet, which would greatly reduce the traffic on /v/ and /tv/.
>>
Sounds cool
>>
bump
holy shit, /tv/ is full of underage /v/eddit-tier eceleb shit
>>
I'm all for it if it gets rid of all the fa/tv/irgins spamming their eceleb shit on /v/.
>>
why not just make /cel/ and count e-celebs?

also pretty much convinced the main reason there's no move to split up boards like /v/ and /tv/ is because marketers don't want less exposure.
>>
>>430737

a good idea desu, particularly if it cleared up the amount of youtuber gossip.

/ec/ (e-celebrity)
>>
Yes, please remove e-celeb garbage for good.
>>
>>430737
>which would greatly reduce the traffic on /v/ and /tv/
And even /co/ and some /a/. Honestly why has this not been created yet?
>>
>>430918
Because /im/ would get rid of shit like YT-bait threads on /v/ (e.g. HDD threads that were up when his new video came out). My only concern is that you can put a lot under this label, and like /vg/, could actually detract from the board.
>>
So basically /cel/?
>>
+1 for this.

Make it happen please.
>>
>>431203
In my opinion, all /cel/ stuff should go on /hr/.
All that stuff is just a circlejerk anyway. People can discuss whatever they want on /hr/ as long as they keep posting high resolution pictures of the celebrities.
Celebrity shit gets removed from /tv/ and other boards and the posters get to swap and share high resolution pics of the celebrity they want to fap to.
Is there anything about the scheme I listed above that would make things worse than what they already are? (Not trying to sound authoritative there, I'm just trying to see if there are any legitimate flaws)
>>
>/tv/
>actress threads are not allowed
>edrama garbage not related to the board is fine though
>>
>>431554
maybe make a gossip board or some shit so all that garbage along with eceleb shit could fit
>>
Add in social media discussion to prevent retards from using twitter screencaps to bait people on /v/ and /tv/
>>
File: 1452722911007.jpg (39KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
1452722911007.jpg
39KB, 500x442px
This should definitely happen.

If a board like /aco/ can exist, then /im/ absolutely should.
>>
Make it happen
>>
>>>/tv/65555417

>a bunch of fucking retards talking about personal lives about some "eceleb" is considered on topic on /tv/
fffffffffffffffuck off
>>
File: fffffffffffuck off.jpg (205KB, 938x1649px) Image search: [Google]
fffffffffffuck off.jpg
205KB, 938x1649px
>>432094
>>
This is a good idea.
>>
Please, this could save /v/ and /tv/.
>>
this shit needs to go

>>>/tv/65565434
>>>/tv/65581138
>>>/tv/65580048
>>
I've been advocating a board like this forever. I would call it /www/ - Internet.

It's, in my opinion, the one medium that doesn't have its own board. Put all your discussions of other websites and of e-celebrities over there. We can talk about Youtube drama, Reddit, websites other than 4chan, and any internet-specific media content.
>>
>>433014
>the second thread
>all those upset apes
more proof that we need /im/
>>
Could we really have a board like this that wouldn't be overflowing with people self-promoting their youtube channels?
>>
>>433089
It would be easier if the threads get deleted ...
>>
How about "other media," which would cover all the media that isn't based on any extant boards and would shut up the people who don't want to go to /b/ or /trash/?
>>
+1
>>
>>433014
>>>/tv/65615506

dude its ok to talk about the personal lives of ecelebs but not real actors/actresses haha
>>
I was thinking about this the other day. An Internet Culture board is probably a great idea. It'd basically be a gossip magazine, and it'd contain all that shit in there so that /v/ doesn't get flooded with Let's Player shitposting and Twitter celebrity bullshit. Would help out /co/ and /tv/ too, I'm sure.
>>
>>433922
what do you expect from a meme spouting mod?

>>>/tv/65623124
>>
>>430737
Good idea anon, I'm tired of Youtube gossip bullshit and those tgwtg generals on tv are as autistic as it gets
>>
Reminder that this still needs to happen
>>
File: deleted offtopic.png (106KB, 877x237px) Image search: [Google]
deleted offtopic.png
106KB, 877x237px
>>434778
Won't happen.

Gossiping about some failed film students from youtube is more ontopic than talking about shows/movies.
>>
>>433089
This is the main problem with this proposal.
>>
A board other than /tv/ needs to make this request

Its been proven many times if the request comes from /tv/ they'll ignore it because the board made them insecure at one point
>>
ever heard of global rule #11?

for some strange reason the janitor ignores the report

>>>/tv/65654960
>>
>>434931
/v/ here, it needs to happen. We get eceleb threads all the time.
>>
>spoony thread gets deleted straight away
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/65679017/

If the mods hate it on /tv/ even though it breaches no rules, then where are you even supposed to discuss them?

Yes this new board should be made. That, or sack the shitty /tv/ mod.
>>
MAKE IT HAPPENS SWGLRD
>>
>>433089
You mean like how they do it now on /tv/?
>>
>>>/tv/65697361
>retards discussing personal lives
ETA on /im/??
>>
>an entire board for e-celebs
Do you know how hard that would be shilled?

>>434083
But that's fun.
>>
>>436272
You can shill anything on any board.
>>
>>430737
Cool
>>
This needs to happen. One thing we could finally remove from /v/ for good is LOL threads, which are massively off topic and are mostly memes. A boars where people could discuss those webcomics without being a retarded general, would be great for all. It's more than e-celebs.
>>
lets go mook
make it happen
>>
>>433014
>>432999
>>432839
>>432097
>>434806
+1

I hope any mods read this and consider it. It would free /tv/ from so much shitposting cancer.
>>
>>436272
>Do you know how hard that would be shilled?
They already do it though

This guy was spammed everyday for a week >>>/tv/65820450 with the op asking when the next video is as its been months and now theres a video
>>
+1
>>
This is the best idea I've ever seen on this board.
>>
Here's my take on it.
This should be a board about internet culture, and all the things that go along with that.
It would be called /ic/ - Internet Culture
It would be a place to discuss memes, happenings on 4chan from both recent and long ago times, other websites such as Reddit, Tumblr, YouTube, iFunny, etc., and basically everything that can be described as a part of internet culture.
It could be a board that 4chan would be able to brag about...
>>
>>439957
Wait a minute...
okay, it would have to be called /itc/ - Internet Culture.
>>
This is the most needed board ever. Stop making /b/ remakes and do this Mook.
>>
>>439957
Memes goes to s4s.

No internet culture is stupid.

Internet media is better idea.
>>
Does Hiro even read these threads?
>>
>>441160
I wouldn't if i was him
>>
If you want to vote about /im/, go here

>>440342
>>
>>441160
no he's japanese
>>
why the fuck is the janitor clearing the report queue for posts like this?

>>>/tv/65959226
>>
>>433015
m00t didn't want people talking about other sites, as he was a failed Goon who was desperate to promote and pump people into 4chan. Hiro is a greedy criminal who wants people here and promoting 4chan even more than anyone else. These people don't like anything that could be perceived as promoting the discussion of competition.
>>
I'm sure such a board and moving threads to other boards more often would help /co/ a lot too. Quite a few people treat /co/ as a board for all kinds of media.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.