[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to "/co/ is love" mentality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 1453840192585.png (51KB, 797x600px) Image search: [Google]
1453840192585.png
51KB, 797x600px
People used to be chill autists there, now you only see raging autists. I was writing a long text about janitors not being the cause but gave up because its not worth derailing the question. I feel some things are important to it
> /v/ crossposters turned /co/ in their home but kept habits that ruined their board
> good posters from /co/ simply left to better forums/websites as they realized the board would sink
> mlp and SU
> tumblr becoming a popular website by 2011-12
> userbase too big. /qa/ also suffered of it when hiro's admission brought everyone and their mother here and it turned in /q/ 2.0 (but i dont miss you brett)

Is there a way to "heal" the userbase it or should I give up to another chinese imageboard?
>>
/co/mblr happened.
tell tumblrfags to leave.
>>
It's a dead board content wise.

>Nostalgia love thread
>nostalgia hate thread
>simpsons thread
>SU
>random general
>No comics at all
>>
>>425231
The answer is MLP.

When MLP first became a thing, /co/ became a warzone for the entire site. The people who watched the show were pretty quickly corralled into a general but everybody wanted to come poke them with a stick. People were weirded out and/or annoyed by people watching My Little Pony, so trolls on other boards used MLP pics to rile them up constantly Those people would then make threads on other boards or make 5 or 6 generals to get them booted off the site. Eventually somebody told moot that if he made a pony board that the whole MLP thing would die, so he did, which is what basically led to bronies being born.

Then Homestuck came and the same thing started to repeat itself: segregating them into a general, people creating false flag threads to try to get them booted, etc. /co/ was so scared of creating another /mlp/ that they were ready to self destruct to prevent it.

At the same time, though, you had tumblr's cartoon community start to take off. Those people started coming to 4chan after Homestuck started, and other "fandoms" followed. Those outsiders completely changed the board's culture- they brought their thin-skinned rules lawyering and their "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" attitudes with them, and it left everybody pissed off.

There's also the fact that there's a mod by the name of Redwood who loves /co/ and is a tremendous tumblrist.

People are being very vocal about things on /co/ because there are a lot of bad decisions being made in the comics and cartoon industries; DC got a massive reboot that shit all over their continuity and Marvel is a fucking joke. There are also a lot of things being put into those shows or comics deals with politics, which a lot of people get incredibly defensive about.

So no, /co/ will never recover until it gets rid of its tumblr users and the mods learn that people are allowed to have differing opinions.
>>
>>425279
Don't forget all the non-/co/ stuff that people sneak onto there without even trying to be subtle half the time.
>>
File: 1438087463987.gif (11KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1438087463987.gif
11KB, 600x600px
>>425563
>Eventually somebody told moot that if he made a pony board that the whole MLP thing would die, so he did, which is what basically led to bronies being born.
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was already pretty damn popular elsehwere before /mlp/ was a thing. The permanent stain on the internet was already made.

It's pretty silly how things that are comics or cartoons have been banned from /co/ because people couldn't let them go. On that note, I have seen the claims that removing MLP really hurt the board as it scared away newfags and people who come to /co/ to post whatever off-topic subject.
>>
>>425231
The lack of moderation was (and still is) the biggest problem, generals being allowed to run rampant, constant presence of /tv/ and /v/ threads, same few bait/shitposting threads being posted every few days etc...

As for the users, newfags don't use the catalog, nobody reports low quality posts and threads, even the weakest bait is guaranteed replies and "funposting" is considered board culture.

A sticky and one semi-active janitor and the board would improve monumentally.
>>
>>425571
Yeah. On /co/ and /b/. That's what kickstarted it.
>>
>>425231
Everyone is welcomed with open arms. Negative people are welcomed with open arms. Negative people begin to hold a majority. No one is welcomed with open arms.

/co/ is love was inherently flawed.
>>
>>425575
>The lack of moderation
>lack of moderation
>/co/

confirmed for not using the board. /co/ is one of the most over-moderated boards there are. If you have anything negative to say about Marvel, your thread will be deleted and you'll be banned. I've seen it time and time again.
>>
>>425575
Dude /co/ mods are ban-happy
>>
>>425575
is this copypasta?
>>
>>425678
You can google suspected copypasta to find out whether or not it is. It's not hard.
>>
>>425231
Oh, I never left.
And I know you missed me anyway.

As for /co/, I don't think there's anything particularly horrible that doesn't plague lots of other boards as well. we/a/boos might be a little more snarky but it wouldn't be as much of a problem if people didn't bite the hook so much.

>>425279
This is kind of true, but there's constantly storytimes/hype threads up and I've been seeing a lot more webcomic threads (some might even be self-promotional?)
>>
File: 1444240436502.jpg (745KB, 1988x2992px) Image search: [Google]
1444240436502.jpg
745KB, 1988x2992px
>>425580
You mean /v/ level company war threads that are more about bitching about SJWs than the actual comics? Yeah those threads should be deleted.

Also DC threads like that get deleted as well.
>>
>>425741
why hello cuckmod
>>
http://desustorage.org/co/thread/79355728/

I don't know why this thread was deleted when movie and tv shows threads about "DC/MARVEL KEKS BTFO!!!!" regularly reach 500 posts.
>>
File: 1256672426382.png (543KB, 788x592px) Image search: [Google]
1256672426382.png
543KB, 788x592px
>>425231
/co/ was never good!
>>
Oh no, /co/ isn't love anymore? That used to be my home board.

It's probably because /lgbt/ made gay/lesbian threads obsolete.
>>
>>427009
Because they said something negative about Marvel. That's not allowed on /co/.

Mods are marveldrones.
>>
The mods decided to jump ship and have left /co/ at the mercy of /tv/ and /pol/.
>>
/co/ is shit now thanks to the fuckhead mod
>>
>>>/co/79408078

Why do mods delete any threads critical of Marvel?
>>
>>425231
Cancer kids from reddit and /pol/ ruin everything they touch.
>>
>>429834
>Cancer kids from reddit and tumblr ruin everything they touch.

Ftfy, since you've never actually been to /co/
>>
turns out you were all just fat and desperate
>>
>>430469
Hello tumblr
>>
It's incredible how shit the moderation on /co/, reporting threads does literally nothing.

>>>/co/79439083
>>>/co/79440941

https://desustorage.org/co/thread/79439083/
https://desustorage.org/co/thread/79440941/
>>
/co/ is doing fine.
storytimes are frequent, talkback threads are still around and hydra's still going strong. Stop trying to fix what isn't broken, just because it has a few dents.
>>
>>425580
the mods are there for /co/ when they don't need them and never there when /co/ does need them
>>
>>425563
golden post here mate
now if only hiro wisened up and completely purged the janitor and modbase
>>
>>425563
the final crack came with cape movies and with their discussion being allowed on /co/.
It fiinally brought /tv/ shitposters on co/ to stay.
If mods were to just filter and autoban the most common /tv/ memes the board would already improve greatly. Banning company wars could save the board, but it would require actual moderation.
>>
>love
>4chan
You know, something doesn't add up with this logic. Most of you don't actually give a damn about anyone other than yourself, and many people still don't even respect themselves.
>>
What's SU got to do with anything?

It's a show, gets discussed like any other show. Usually keeps to its generals, sometimes gets threads made.

I dont see how it is responsible for THE DOWNFALL OF /CO/
>>
>>432984
It causes endless shitposting similar to MLP.
That's why /sug/ is only allowed on /trash/ right now
>>
I really hate how /co/ is treated as some sort of "geek culture" board. I mean, just look at this shit:
>>>/co/79518832
>>>/co/79476665
At this point things like Doctor Who may as well have generals on /co/.
>>
File: 1435544058635.jpg (21KB, 249x255px) Image search: [Google]
1435544058635.jpg
21KB, 249x255px
>>425575
>newfags don't use the catalog
>>
>>425575
>newfags don't use the catalog,
Except, that's wrong. Because its the exact opposite and its a problem every board is facing. Newfags use /only/ the catalog and have never had a front page experience. It encourages generalfaggotry and the mentality of compressing and isolating everything, instead of spreading everything out like the natural way 4chan works. The problem with the catalog isn't that it isn't used, its the it's used /too much/.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.