[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please bring back visible sage. A lot of people still think moot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: sage.jpg (2MB, 2856x1513px) Image search: [Google]
sage.jpg
2MB, 2856x1513px
Please bring back visible sage. A lot of people still think moot simply just removed it.
>>
>>423674
pretty funny when I "bump" a general that, only for the regulars to think that the board moved fast for that hour and it ended up in page 10 despite the recent reply.
>>
>>423674
Visible sage was a horrible, horrible idea. People would write "sage goes in all fields" in any thread they didn't like, just fueling the shitstorm fire.
>>
Visible sage would still be around if newfags didn't perceive somebody saging their thread as a personal attack.
>>
Visible sage is an important component in the self-regulation of discussion that veers off-topic, without resorting to fascist moderation or shitposting. Please bring it back.
>>
it was good way of expressing displeasure. it's not a downvote, despite what the anti-reddit patrol thinks.
>>
>>423681
Visible sage was used as shitposting. It's not an alternative, just an example.
>>
Yeah, bring it back.
It was one of the few tools of self-moderation that we used to have.
>>
>>423674
>if you announce sage its a b&
this
please bring back heaven
>>
>>423684
it was just for replying to threads that you didn't want to bump. for example, if someone asks for sauce on something, you might sage the thread while providing them with sauce, as the thread has no need to be bumped once sauce has been provided. Or the OP of said hypothetical thread may sage the thread while posting a "thank you" reply.

people using it to express displeasure is why it was removed. When you use it to express displeasure, people will respond to your post, bumping the thread more than necessary without contributing to the thread at all.
>>
>>423689
>Visible sage was used as shitposting.
Anything can be used as shitposting. Pick any word, spam it ten thousand times and it magically becomes shitposting.

That's not a good argument for anything than banning said shitposters.
>>
File: lebannedface.jpg (203KB, 725x745px) Image search: [Google]
lebannedface.jpg
203KB, 725x745px
>>423674
The thing is, you'd have to bring back the email field for it to work like it did. What would be funny would be seeing all the newfags who think we never had it before.

It's weird thinking it's been gone for so long and we never see blue names anymore, pic related, also coincidentally relevant to something popping up on /qa/ today.
>>
4chan doesn't need pseudo downvotes. That's what most people would use it for.
>>
Visible sage is functionally a downvote. Why do you want downvotes?
Invisible sage fulfills all the same functions with infinitely less shitposting potential.
>>
>>423915
>>423916
>it's a downvote
this is nonsense.
Next you're gonna say that (You)s are upvotes.
>>
>>423975
No, (You)s are often craved by attention whores/trolls. They don't care if the reply is positive or negative. To them, the reply itself justifies their time spent here. "Someone replied to me! I'm not 100% worthless!"
>>
>>423674
I sage all the time. I'm using sage right now. People on this site are simply not mature enough to handle visible sage because they all think it's a way of "downvoting" a thread. Yes, isn't that ironic. For all the accusations of Reddit that are thrown around these days, the site used to be MORE like Reddit when visible sage was a thing. See posts like >>423690 for proof that it was considered a downvote.
>>
>>424042
>bringing everyone down to the level of retards
We can do it reddit!

The website ran fine for years with visible email/sage, subject on replies, unstripped images, no catalog, etc.
And there's nothing wrong with reminding people not to bump a certain thread, if they reply with whining it means they're subhumans and can be ignored.
>>
>>424076
And the world ran fine for years without computers, doesn't mean we should suddenly take computers away from everyone. It's called technological advancement.
>>
>>424288
>It's called technological advancement.
Yet we still use paper forms and other none computer legacy things. Is nothing wrong with keeping the old stuff along with advances. At minimum some kind of checkbox should be added in so the ignorant users of the site actually know it is still a feature.
Though my personal preference would be sage to be default and you have to actually put in something to actually bump the thread.
>>
>>423916
>Invisible sage fulfills all the same functions with infinitely less shitposting potential.
Pretty much this, end of discussion.
>>
>>424042
I tripcode all the time. I'm using a tripcode right now. People on this site are simply not mature enough to handle visibly tripcodes because they think it's a way of establish a "persistent internet identity". Yes, isn't that Ironic. For all the accusations of Reddit that are thrown around these days, the site used to be MORE like Reddit when visible tripcodes were a thing. See posts like >>>/r9k/26045076 for proof that it was considered a persistent internet identity.

HURRR DURRRAAA HERP just because a feature can be tied to reddit, has antecdotal proof, and can be abused by shitheads doesn't mean it isn't a viable addition to the site or that it was justified in being removed in the first place.
>>
>>424873
Then why are trip codes(or even more ontop of your point) secure tripcodes still on the site? Infact
>forced tripcodes fulfills all the same functions as tripcodes AND anonymous with infinetly less shitposting potential

Where do I sign up to end this discussion?
>>
>>424885
>Then why are trip codes(or even more ontop of your point) secure tripcodes still on the site?
So that we can filter out wich namefags we don't like ourselves.
Putting visible sage again is just opening a can of worms.
>>
Visible sage was a important part of /jp/ and 4chan culture.
>>
>>426012
If by "culture" you mean "shitposting" sure.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.