[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you make 4chan actually profitable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1443383990948.png (10KB, 408x286px) Image search: [Google]
1443383990948.png
10KB, 408x286px
How would you make 4chan actually profitable?
>>
File: patrick.jpg (60KB, 405x305px) Image search: [Google]
patrick.jpg
60KB, 405x305px
>>415381
Safe-for-work, pay for "post-enhancers"
>>
Make 4chan pass required for quick reply as well as lowering the 4chan pass price a little to encourage buyers.
Since shitposters are less likely to want to buy a 4chan pass and no quick reply might slow them down, it will also help curb shitposting.
>>
Delete /pol/
Ban mobile from posting
>>
File: 2008-02-13-startreklincoln[1].jpg (13KB, 250x179px) Image search: [Google]
2008-02-13-startreklincoln[1].jpg
13KB, 250x179px
>>415383
>pay for "post-enhancers"
I would pay lots of money if I could post with html tags...

...or at least be able to change my font to blinking pink comic sans in bold italics underlined large text .
>>
>>415381
Malware ads on every page.

Or how about charging people to create/moderate their own boards and then charging for usage (say, $1 for every 2000 posts made)
>>
>>415381
Do people still believe moot's blatant lie that he wasn't making a profit from 4chan?

Holy shit, the ad revenue nets a profit. Stop being sheep.
>>
4chan pass gives you access to an exclusive board that's actually allows fun but is also moderated to keep away spam and shit. A ban for a post in that board means your pass if revoked.
>>
>>415403

Show us financial statements proving 4chan made a profit.

I'll wait.
>>
>>415381
Sell.

Merchandise.

I'd buy a fucking official 4chan sticker for my laptop.
>>
>>415431
not that guy, but moot was never one to discuss how well off he or his family was, other than at one point I think to say they were fairly normal, middle class. I doubt moot's mom paid for it.

Also, moot said a lot of things that may or may not be true over the years, like that he was gay and that he wants to be a little girl. You can't necessarily take what he says for absolute truth even if you do find some random screenshot of him discussing 4chan's financials. People forget but he is also a fully accredited level 84 master ruseman at telling tall tales on 4chan just as much as anyone else who has been here for too long.
>>
moot made nearly $200,000 from 4chan passes.
>>
>>415446
True, but how much does it cost to run 4chan's servers? The server costs for a top 1000 website probably would burn through all that with barely anything useful left behind.
>>
>.org
>profit
>>
>>415670
Like craigslist?
>>
>>415381
Quality of life improvements for 4chan passes. Like, up to three images per post, allowing html tags in OPs, and... shit, I can't think of much else.
>>
>>415381
Mandatory 4chan pass
>>
>>415431
If you do the math yourself (going off of rates and stats at 4chan.org/advertise) 4chan makes about $5.5M a year in ads. Seeing how things like archive.moe ran as little niche projects with little funding, I doubt server costs take up all of the ad revenue.
>>
>>415776
Then you need to go back to school, because 4chan doesn't have an ad partnership and the only real advertiser we have is J-LIST. 4chan makes about $200k per year.
>>
>>415381
4chan will never be profitable to the extent that it, in and of itself, could sustain someone's living costs. Even if the site "sells out", it's such a comparative niche and can't make much money that way, and the entire user base would abandon ship.

That's why the best plan is to make a lot of money fresh out of college via a lucrative career while maintaining your inner weeaboo NEET trash self, and then buy the site and operate not as the admin but the guy behind the scenes who's keeping it afloat and doesn't intervene in site functionings. [spoiler]It will haplen, I promise. [/spoiler]
>>
>>415724
No, I prefer blendr. But thanx for asking.

(I won't judge)
;)
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.