[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did tumblr and feminism ruin /pol/? it's way too big now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: angre.gif (1002KB, 175x197px) Image search: [Google]
angre.gif
1002KB, 175x197px
did tumblr and feminism ruin /pol/?
it's way too big now and it's very difficult to get an actual discussion going.
before it was brought to tumblr's attention it was "okay" now it's just a clusterfuck and not worth going to.
>>
>>414137
It's hardly been feminized... maybe the JIDF won if anything (have you seen all the clickbait lately?), but I wouldn't say it was SRS or Femen who did it.
>>
>>414139
>It's hardly been feminized
I'm not saying it has. I'm saying since it caught tumblr's attention and became a catch phrase over there, the number of users spiked. and most of them are useless shitposters.
>>
>>414137
No, it didn't.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I'll be here for a while.
>>
/pol/ is a meme eating its own tail. The concept of "board culture" ruined a lot of boards, simply by being codified with a moniker. Before people said "It's board culture" they just told the nascent lurker to... lurk. "Get with the times, in this happenin' scene, pops!" Something like that.

Putting a pin in it, pulling it up and and clothing it in a concept board CULTURE, you can hold others up to it and measure their worth.

Because /pol/ is a meme eating itself, there can be nobody. Nothing. Not a single thing adheres perfectly to the movings and the shakings of the fictional citizen of the /pol/caliphate.

If there were no accepted term, no accepted concept of "This is how [BOARD] is, and if you're not like that you are an outsider and must be driven away," then /pol/ might be salvageable. But because every last person there has internalized (oh no, it's the naughty word "internalized!") this concept of what is "good" and "right" on "/pol/" there can be no turning back. The only way to fix this is a brush fire, but I don't know how to analogize that into a forum, outside of blanket bans or deleting the board, but that is what is needed. Cut away 66% of the posters, somehow, and let the ship right itself.
>>
>>414151
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/texas-town-sees-61-drop-crime-firing-cops-hiring-private-firm/

Well, I mean...
>>
/pol/ needs to be balkanized. /his/ is a step in the right direction. Now make /news/ more of a thing and maybe open /rel/ too.
>>
>>414137
The problem with /pol/ is that it's such a fast moving board that only click bait that can get people to post manages to stay on top of the catalog. It's not that /pol/ is a bad idea, it just needs to be broken up into several different boards such as Jewish conspiracies, Gamer Gate, and an American version of /int/.
>>
>>414700
It's the same problem that every fast board has. Either it generates discussion and lives, or it doesn't and dies. 4chan isn't really a place to say "EPIC WIN" "50 INTERNETS TO YOU SIR" anymore, so if people don't have anything disagreeing or mean to say, they don't say anything at all.

I'm agreeing with you btw.
>>
>>414999
>I'm agreeing with you btw.

This.
>>
>>414999
Somewhere down the line, users started turning on people for making them "cringe" with useless positivity. All of the "XD LOL" that was used in earnest was shot the fuck down. Meanwhile, the ones used to be sarcastic or rude were more resilient and stayed.

This makes perfect sense, as, if I may make an unsubstantiated unsourced assertion, "Nice people are more sensitive." I'd imagine that a person who is being nice is doing so to be... well... nice. Meanwhile, a person who is being mean doesn't give a fuck if you shut them down, but the person who is being nice hears somebody shutting them down and while they may get indignant at first, they won't be "LOL I TROLLED YOU" because that wouldn't make any sense. If they find out their nice behavior isn't welcome, they'll leave, because they're nice. Trying to get an asshole to stop being an asshole doesn't work though, because the asshole responds to any derision positively because it's evidence that his efforts to shit up the board were successful. It's depressing. So while we stopped people from being nice without providing anything, we didn't stop people from being mean without providing anything. We realized that "OP IS GREAT!" was a substanceless post, but we didn't manage to get the corollary, "OP IS BAD!" to leave with it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.