[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qa/'s opinion is very important

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1411519131856.png (673KB, 855x481px) Image search: [Google]
1411519131856.png
673KB, 855x481px
Hi /qa/. I hope you are having a nice day.

Should I advertise for >>>/news/ in the comment sections of a-list newspapers where serious news people lurk? Don't worry, I haven't, yet. I'm wondering what you think.

y/n ?
>>
???
>>
>>413412
Do you think /news/ would benefit from an increase in user traffic?
>>
>>413708
Yes, as it is now people can only post 5 news stories at a time, and it takes 2 or 3 weeks for them to fall off page 10.

With increased traffic /news/ would be a little more current, and the back pages wouldn't be filled up with 2 week old news stories.
>>
>>413715
/news/ is failing because people just go to /pol/. It was a shit idea to begin with. If you wanted to bring the old /news/ back why didn't you do that? The old /news/ was /pol/ but with more opinions.
>>
>>413715
What does /news/ provide that the comment section from the article you post on /news/ doesn't? Is it the unique culture? Do you think inundating /news/ with the cultures of other websites would be a good idea? You would gain popularity, but lose everything that makes /news/ worth existing.
>>
>>413723
I don't think /news/ is failing, and there are enough people who aren't /pol/ there to provide a balance of opinions. If you doubt that just look at one of the Hillary Clinton email scandal threads. Anyway, I wasn't meaning to complain about /pol/ being on /news/, that genuinely doesn't bother me.

I think the main problem with /news/ is that nobody knows about it, thus why I was asking if people think it's a good idea to advertise for it where other people lurk who are genuinely interested in news and current events.
>>
>/qa/'s opinion is very important
Lol
>>
>>413736
I think the main perk of having an actual /news/ board is that you find out about news that you normally wouldn't. It's also a place to discuss news with other 4chan people who have a unique international perspective seldom found elsewhere. It's only my opinion of course but I really am a fan of having /news/ and don't want it to end up like /new/ or /n/.
>>
>>413751
4chan's format would make it so the only news stories you're likely to see are ones that cause a large discussion, and if you've been on 4chan for a week and a day, you know that means. What happens to a thread that doesn't have replies and what sort of thread gets replies?

Are you certain that this is what you actually want?
>>
>>413756
>4chan's format would make it so the only news stories you're likely to see are ones that cause a large discussion
I find it better to browse /news/ in thread creation date order instead of bump order for that reason, but I get your point about what that resembles...

I was trying to avoid saying the 'R' word, but yeah that's not what I had in mind and I think the small dedicated userbase on /news/ right now would abandon ship if it got too much like you are describing.

That said, the board is just a bit too slow for its own good right now, and I think just a slight increase in traffic to bump those old stories off page 10 would really help things tremendously.

You make valid points though and that's why I made this thread.
>>
>>413751
>I think the main perk of having an actual /news/ board is that you find out about news that you normally wouldn't.
How does that work? People are posting links to mainstream articles and articles on publications with thousands of readers. If people wanted to post news that people normally wouldn't see, they would have to do the journalistic research and write the articles themselves for /news/. That way it would be news from /news/, which people wouldn't normally be able to find in the first handful of results in a popular search engine.
>>
>>414463
People are preoccupied with particular sources when it should really be about the aggregate of all the sources you see. For a simplistic example, a typical drudgereport reader is going to have a different idea of what's going on in the world than the typical reader of the huffington post.

/news/ provides a mix of different sources and worldviews that makes an aggregate unto itself, and viewpoints that includes more than just the political partisanship found on /pol/. Not all news is politics even if most or all of politics is news.

I really think /news/ has the potential to become more than the sum of its parts. I could go on forever about it.
>>
File: 12432354623.gif (677KB, 222x139px) Image search: [Google]
12432354623.gif
677KB, 222x139px
>ADVERTISING any 4chan board

this is beyond pathetic and extremely looked down on in this community, please get lost
>>
>>414487
The Rules of The Internet (including rule №1&2) are sadly outdated.

/news/ is a board about posting content from other sites, so it seems only fair to advertise on those sites for 4chan /news/ just as they get free advertising here by having /news/ users give them pageviews.

/news/ needs the bump in traffic. see >>413715
>>
I would advise against it, we really don't need more newfags coming in.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.