[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does GR15 still exist? pt 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11

First thread is almost off the board so here's a new thread to discuss the issue some more.
Why does Global Rule 15 still exist? The rabid popularity of MLP has lowered tremendously on the internet since the fandom's height in 2011-2012. No longer are we in an age where you'll see people spamming it everywhere or having pony avatars on every forum. The fandom has mostly fiddled down to its own niche sections and don't appear too much in the wrong places anymore.

I bring this up because on several boards throughout the site, a user who people refer to as "Barneyfag" has been shitposting his hate for MLP and the show "Barney and Friends" since 2012 and still has regular posts about it to this day, often using the same images and such in his posts. This user has an RSS feed that tells hime whenever a post on any board even remotely related to MLP is posted, even when the image in question could look completely innocuous to one not rabidly familiar with the show and its fandom. This has resulted in the derailing of numerous good threads that were on-topic to board content in question. This user often cites that GR15 is one of the reasons he does this, as GR15 clearly states that MLP content is against the rules. He breaks the anti-ban evasion rule to try and get that rule enforced due to his past history with the series, and its unhealthy for him and ruins threads on various boards, including, but not limited to:
/v/, /co/, /fit/, /tg/, /an/ and so on.
https://desustorage.org/_/search/filename/bronies%2C%20this%20is%20your%20mindset/
https://arch.b4k.co/_/search/boards/g.v/filename/bronies%2C%20this%20is%20your%20mindset/ (this one doesn't go too far back due to the newness of the /v/ archive, but it still shows what he does) (1/2)
>>
File: guide to barneyfag.jpg (982KB, 3000x4500px) Image search: [Google]
guide to barneyfag.jpg
982KB, 3000x4500px
>>409769
Whenever banned, this user just ban evades and comes back to shitpost some more, sometimes not using his usual images to mask himself. If GR15, this user might have no further reason to continue doing this.

However note that I'm not stating that this user alone is the only reason this should be done. As I said, the rule is archaic and no longer necessary due to the fandom's dissipation over the years. Its already against the rules to post off-topic content on boards, so if the rule were removed it would both help prevent shitposting from people spamming anti-MLP stuff in threads when a post is only remotely related to it and otherwise on topic (if at all related to MLP) and allow boards to generate more on-topic content. I'd like /mlp/ to have a relationship with the other boards sort of akin to how /vp/ relates to /v/ and /a/. The Pokemon anime is allowed on /a/, and Pokemon video games are allowed on /v/, however anything not on-topic to either of those isn't allowed on those boards since its off-topic. Off-topic posting is disallowed.

I suppose a large part of what I'm saying also refers to some of GR3, since a lot of shitposting on boards will come due to whatever show or game or whatever is about and what content it has. For example, Sly Cooper games might get spammed by some anti-furry dude, or someone might tell loli-fags to go away when a thread for Hyperdimension Neptunia is made.

But that's a topic for another time, and I'm mainly interested in wondering why Global Rule 15 is still a thing and if it can be removed. (2/2)
>>
File: barneyfag and his demise.png (299KB, 970x1732px) Image search: [Google]
barneyfag and his demise.png
299KB, 970x1732px
>>409770
Oh, and so people know the threads Barneyfag has ruined that aren't even MLP related:
>>>/v/323739464
https://4ch.be/v/thread/323488773
https://4ch.be/v/thread/322305418/
https://4ch.be/v/thread/322524548/
https://4ch.be/v/thread/323240167/
https://4ch.be/v/thread/323187849/ (3/2)
>>
>>409771
Oops
https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/323739464/
>>
I just made this thread to trigger Barneyfag and he didn't notice kek

>>>/v/323741564
>>
because /mlp/ should stay on /mlp/
now fuck off horsie.
>>
>>409769
Buzz off you brony crybaby.

You've been baiting the shit out of /v/ and now you come crying for sympathy?

Learn how to act like an adult before you demand anything.
>>
I don't understand why you're giving this guy so much attention.

Just add the word "barneyfag" to your filters. Nobody who uses the word says anything constructive and they rarely make posts that don't contain that word.
>>
>>409769
>>>/v/323746582

>immediately starts fishing for barneyfag

Holy fuck you can't help yourself can you?

You are in love with barneyfag
>>
>>409799
>>409812
>implying
I haven't been posting bait threads.
>>409809
But he's getting legit threads deleted. Even if I filter him that won't stop me from seeing some posts related to him and he'll still keep getting even decent threads deleted. And its not even just a him problem. I'm not interested in just getting rid of him.
Global Rule 15 itself is flawed and encourages him and people like him.
>>
>>409822
Hell, there wouldn't even be people trying to bait him if the rule was gone either since there'd be no reason to bait him.
>>
>>409824
>>409822
Changing the entire ruleset to deal with one ne’er-do-wells can't possibly be the correct answer. I do, however, agree that Global Rule 15 is obsolete and unnecessary, but not because of a single shitposting ban evader.
>>
>>409822
>legit threads

Tepid, repetitive threads (you bronies aren't the most creative people).

You are absolutely fixated on him.
If you really expect anyone to believe that you're not the one posting the bait threads, then you are more autistic than even barneyfag.

Hell you are so upset by him you (and others) wanted to kill him.

You fucking need mental help dude, and pointing at another mental person and saying "but him!" Doesn't make you any less mental.
>>
File: joshua.png (4KB, 174x192px) Image search: [Google]
joshua.png
4KB, 174x192px
>>409828
>saying one isn't doing something is autistic
Its not and I haven't. You're just making retarded claims to try and make me look bad and imply this thread carries less wait because of your retarded claims.
My fixation on him only comes from annoying the fuck out of me and getting potentially interesting threads deleted (see Danganronpa).
>>
>>409822
>WAAAH WAAAH WAAAH
get out
>>
>>409831
Dude you have been obsessed with him for YEARS. This whole thread is a testament to your narcissistic rage.

Just leave him the fuck alone and go back to your board.
Rule 15 has a flip side to it - you get a whole board. Barneyfag is constantly being banned and he only reacts to MLP images that are posted outside /mlp/.

So it's a simple solution, as long as you're not an autistic piece of shit who can never drop it.
I suspect you were a difficult child to raise.
>>
>>409831
nice persecution complex, horsefucker.
>>
>>>/v/323748061
latest brony baiting attempt
>>
>>409844
>>409845
I don't go to /mlp/
>>
File: but that's wrong.jpg (35KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
but that's wrong.jpg
35KB, 500x376px
>>409844
>he only reacts to MLP images that are posted outside of /mlp/
https://arch.b4k.co/mlp/search/filename/bronies%2C%20this%20is%20your%20mindset/
>>
>>409850
>implying
nobody but a brony would want gr15 lifted.
accept the fact nobody wants to see poneshit outside /mlp/
>>
>>409855
That was most certainly following /mlp/ raiding /v/ or some other board

Take responsibility for yourself for once you shameful child.
>>
File: them's fightin' herds.jpg (51KB, 564x321px) Image search: [Google]
them's fightin' herds.jpg
51KB, 564x321px
>>409857
>implying
>>
>>409850
You are also an unscrupulous liar.

You fags can't even admit that you're bronies.
In your view, you are never in the wrong. If you admitted to your bad behavior I think it would just about kill you.
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763KB, 1024x768px
>>409859
>posts brony game as proof he isn't a brony
>>
https://4ch.be/_/search/filename/bronies%20mindset/

Further info about Barneyfag.
>>
File: obama laugh.jpg (279KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
obama laugh.jpg
279KB, 660x440px
>>409862
>making posts about yourself
How narcissistic of you. You shouldn't quote people when you do that though
>>
Global Rule 15 makes no sense whatsoever in the year 2016. I understand it was done to combat spammers in other boards,but even after its implementation that didn't discourage those who used it to troll others.

I personally wish that it would be lifted completely as it makes no sense that images related to the show are relgated to a single "containment" board. All the while /vp/ has been described as a containment board and have no restrictions as to where they can post their images or even discuss games.

If anything the rule should be modified such that people are allowed to post images on other boards but discussion related to the show stays on /mlp/. I've seen pony images posted in other boards before and the reactions by far aren't what they used to be back when moot this decision.

Which quite frankly only encouraged people to try to ban things or get containment boards for things that they don't like. I'm not the only person who has said this before and you can see evidence right here in this board. In fact there was a point in time where BarneyFag turned his attention to SU with his usual shtick.
>>
>>409870
>CURRENT YEAR
accept the fact nobody wants to see poneshit outside of /mlp/
>>
>>409769
So this guy is uploading unrelated pony images to a poni booru and getting threads deleted because of lulz?
>>
>>409870
Just so everyone on /qa/ knows, this guy (anti-barneyfag) has been pushing his agitprop to get rule 15 removed for years.

Of course, the actual rule is immaterial to him because he's constantly posting MLP on other boards to provoke barneyfag. The real reason he hates rule 15 is because it is evidence that people think his fandom is obnoxious.
Rule 15 is a constant reminder that he and his are viewed poorly by the rest of 4chan.
He can't abide people not liking him or his fandom. So he's been throwing a tantrum about it for years.
>>
>>409873
I would not mind poneshit outside of /mlp/. I'm not triggered by cartoon characters unlike some people.
>>409876
Its possible that someone is doing that. Don't think its barneyfag though. Not OP either. Barneyfag is just that autistic.
https://kiwifar.ms/threads/barneyfag-x86x2-revved-barney-watchhating-lulzyworthy-gigantic-autist-aspiring-4chan-janitor.10780/
http://x86x2.deviantart.com/
>>409889
You're so fucking deluded. I've only been on 4chan as a regular since 2014. Do you want me to record myself using a computer and showing my daily browsing and upload it to youtube just to prove you wrong?
>>
>>409889
>Every person who doesn't like GR15 is the same person

Guess what I'm not antibarneyfag. And you don't possess a single iota of evidence of what you accuse me of. Because I don't post pony images on other boards.
>>
To be fair, I'm all for GR15 being removed because there's some pretty good reaction pictures out there that can't be used due to it.
>>
>>409895
>Every person who doesn't like GR15 is the same person
reasonable assumption
>10 posters
>33 posts
>>
>>409906
>implying people don't reply to each other and discuss things
Considering the posts in this thread statistically speaking there has to be more than one person with similar opinions here
>>
>>409906
>>409909
Jesus christ get a room you two
>>
>>>/v/323755212

More baiting with tepid, generic topic
>>
>>409937
you posted this didn't you?
barneyfag hasn't even replied yet.
>>
>>409939
He might've just been scanning the first page
>>
>>409937
Wait a minute, how did you know if Barneyfag didn't even reply yet?
>>
>>409941
i highly doubt that
>>
>>409944
Probably because you autists aren't nearly as subtle as you think you are?
>>
>>409937
currently b& from vee but lol at that retard who thinks DK is western
>>
>>409951
Didn't see the thread but technically it is. Most of the games were developed by western companies. Same goes for Metroid.
>>
File: Brownies, this is your mindset.png (1MB, 1600x1259px) Image search: [Google]
Brownies, this is your mindset.png
1MB, 1600x1259px
DIE BARNEYFIGS
>>
File: anti-barneyfag.jpg (31KB, 520x86px) Image search: [Google]
anti-barneyfag.jpg
31KB, 520x86px
I think you'll find barneyfag will piss you off less if you don't go out looking for him
>>
>>410043
They don't. They know it and embrace it. Because they think it's hilarious. I do too. Perhaps I created the thread? GYAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>409770
He would continue doing this, he does the same thing with Steven Universe images and outright agrees he is breaking the rules in that scenario to get something he doesn't like removed.

GR15 is not the cause of his crusade, it is the justification of it.
>>
Another legit thread taken down.

https://4ch.be/v/thread/323792535
>>
Both Bronies and anti-Bronies should just commit suicide.
>>
GR 15 will eventually lift I'm just surprise mods can't block that guy forever he's clearly mentally ill
>>
>>410186
>>410246
>>410390
>>410405
>>
>>410559
what did he mean by this
>>
Not so fast.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.