[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Influx of Reddit-Tier Posts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Attach5663_20160112_071658.jpg (32KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
Attach5663_20160112_071658.jpg
32KB, 640x512px
I know I'm going to get shit on hard but it's becoming more and more apparent that Reddit users are lurking and posting. The way they type is like they're trying to prove a point when it's not a reply to a post. They ask questions within their posts to ask if they "fit-in" (not literal, but it's obvious that it's a begging for attention). Over the past two weeks, it's been getting worse. On boards like /his/ and /pol/ I see it a lot. Even on fucking [s4s] it's clear as day. People fucking claim they're from Reddit on /pol/ and on /sci/ the Reddit science logo was used as the OP image. I'm not saying that all Reddit users are bad, but a majority that come over here are very cancerous to actual discussion. We need to do something about it, just telling them to leave won't work.

Pic not related.
>>
I completely agree with you.
the nature of reddit encourages users to seek attention and validation with their posts not discuss the topic at hand.
>>
The only way to solve this is to ban them, but I highly doubt Hiro will do it.
>>
>>409086
It's funny how it's the little things that make them give themselves away, like the use of exclamations, use of ''omg'' ''wtf'' and such.
>>
>>409086
>Even on fucking [s4s] it's clear as day.

[s4s] has been full of Reddit users for the past year.
But I do agree with you. Reddit fags do not lurk enough and dont care for how the site operates.

All these recent posts on /qa/ begging mods to remove content and opinions the OP doesnt like, add boards, delete boards, etc. are evidence of it.
>>
>>409086
I agree, but not all newfags are from reddit OP.
>>
>>409119
>hey guise let's add this board we don't need!
>oh yeah me and buds are gonna be in charge of it thanks Hiro!
>>
Agreed OP. It's just been getting worse and worse. The whole reasoning is because of what one Redditor said on r/4chan: 4chan is for shitposting and Reddit is for serious discussions. And they all believe in that mindset
>>
>>409125
I understand that, but I'm talking about people who come from Reddit who don't adapt
>>
>>409219
>name (maybe a failed attempt at tripcode?)
>implying I've ever been on Reddit
>implying /b/ and [s4s] aren't just containment boards for shitposting
Stop trying to derail the thread you fucking scum
>>
>>409119
Add boards, sure. Delete boards? That's not even remotely reddit behavior. That's 4chan born and raised.
>>
>>409379
Reddit shutdown some of their subs though
>>
>>409119
except these things need to be removed and/or added.
>>
>>409086
You fucking morons have been scared of bogeymen forever.
SRS, JIDF, TUmblr, reddit.
You're stupid paranoid assholes with dull perceptions.

You people latch on to reddit as a way of solidifying your sense of identity as an epic Anon on 4chan. "We're not like those redditors! We're different!"
But real niggas who have seen a thing or two know there is remarkable similarity between the two sites. They don't need to make reddit an "other" because their identity is not tied up in being a 4channer.
I mean really you kids are so insecure you can't even use "lol"
>>
>>409790
And seriously, if you go on s4s you are worse than a redditor.
S4s is the most "fitting in" of all the boards. All of you nervously laugh at each other's shit jokes, for fear you will look like you don't "get it".
I'm not sure you people are even in on your own jokes.
>>
>>409790
>>409796
>only naming recent boogeymen
Shows that you've been here for maybe a month, maybe 2 or 3
>implying we want to be individual
Anon is short for Anonymous
>They don't need to make Reddit an "other"
>relating 4chan to Reddit
>4channer
4chan is an anonymous anime imageboard while Reddit is a user based discussion forum with a voting system. Also, you seem excessively hostile, maybe to spark a reaction? It looks like you're dying for attention. +1 for you ;^)
>not being able to say lol
We're an imageboard for a reason, post a reaction image instead
>capitalizing [s4s]
>not bracketing [s4s]
>not understand the point of [s4s]
We're on like 6 or 7 levels of irony here

Honestly, I either think you're Australia or you just don't want to adapt. Either way, just go back, it's obvious where you came from
>>
>>409830
All this damage control.

Irony, mirite fellow s4s'er?
>>
>>409765
They shut down brigade boards and sexualization of minors boards. If you didn't do either of those two things, your board stayed. /r/fatpeoplehate gone, /r/fatlogic stayed.

4chan has a sizable pedophile and personal army population, so I understand their hatred of Reddit.
>>
>>409833
>damage control
How is it damage control? Are you incapable of refuting my claims?
>Irony, mirite fellow s4s'er?
You're making an appeal to authority, and you're acting as [s4s] is a single entity rather than a community. Also, people asking questions of approval is making it proof of where you're from. As I said, either lurk moar or leave.
>>
>>409833
Damage Control - Verb - Attempting to clear up misunderstandings and uplift an ignorant dolt to your level.
>>
>>409871
I thought s4s was all jokes.
But when you call it out, suddenly all these little faggots with furrowed brows appear who are super serious about the "philosophy" of s4s.
Get a sense of identity that isn't gleaned from the Internet you sad fags
>>
>>409925
That's part of the joke believe it or not
>>
>>409925
That's the issue, it's people like you who come from Tumblr/Reddit/etc. You guys want instant gratification rather than digging deeper and finding diamonds in a river of shit. That's the beauty of 4chan in a whole. Also, [s4s] was created as a joke, it's never meant to be taken serious. There's no philosophy for dank memes :^)
>>
>>410134
Oh?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.