[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any of the mods really "SJWs"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 1452372588129.jpg (71KB, 720x656px) Image search: [Google]
1452372588129.jpg
71KB, 720x656px
Are any of the mods really "SJWs"?
>>
Is anything really anything?
>>
Yes, all of them
That why everyone pretends to hate /bol/, even though everybody actually loves us
>>
>>406687
No. They would have deleted /pol/ and enforced global rule #3 on a larger scale by now.
>>
>>406687

I would say the ones in charge of /v/ are.
Not just because of the GG stuff, but because discussing certain topics, even within a video game, seem to be off limits.
If they're not SJWs they at least seem to have their own set of rules that they like to enforce over the actual rules of the site.
>>
/lit/, /co/, /v/ and /tv/ all have SJW-tier moderation.
>>
>>407188
But they already do it. They don't delete /pol/ because they know there'll be riots but they actively try to sabotage it
>>
>>407205
>they actively try to sabotage it
How so?
>>
>>406687
They did filter SJW to "spooky scary skeletons" once. That doesn't necessarily prove anything, because it really is an annoying buzzword, but it's still a reason to suspect that they are at least left-leaning.
>>
>>407205
>But they already do it.
No they don't. Do you not see the bitchfit /tv/ throughs whenever a black character and a white character form an intimate relationship?
>>
>>407207
Or the fact it gets spammed every
>>
>>407208
And do you not see how the mods constantly delete that?

SJW talking points are protected on every board, but anyone voicing a different opinion gets banned. Hell, you aren't even allowed to mention the new Ghostbusters figures on /toy/.
>>
>>407213
>SJW talking points are protected on every board
Most thread I've seen pushing SJW talking points are either deleted by the jannies for being obvious bait, phased out by community moderation, or a combination of both.
>but anyone voicing a different opinion gets banned
I've never seen this happen.
>Hell, you aren't even allowed to mention the new Ghostbusters figures on /toy/.
Probably because it attracts off-topic discussion. It's the same reason you can't discuss Briana Wu's games on /v/.
>>
>>407210
That's what I said, it's an annoying buzzword, but it could still be a knee-jerk reaction. The people who kind of identify themselves with the group being targeted are more likely to take it personal.

The same thing with people who want to filter reddit to 4chan or gaia.
>>
Yeah. From the leaked IRC logs you can definitely see some who are. Some aren't, but those who aren't just tend to be assholes who do it to fit in or just seem to be newfags who want power over 4chan. I'd guess that maybe the few older mods that are left aren't, but even they've done down the SA mod route where even those who make fun of "sjws" still seem to share similar beliefs and just think it's cool to pretend not to care.
>>
>>407193
Nigger boards, no damage done.
>>
>>407246
because moot hired SJW mods because he fired anyone who disagreed with how he handled GamerGate
>>
Some of them definitely are.
>>
>>407246
Is there any proof that those IRC logs are genuine? 8gaggers fabricated evidence more than once to put moot and his friends in a bad light.
>>
>>407311

Yeah, people who left when moot demanded an ID to stay leaked shit. Either that, or someone autistically sat around on the 4chan IRC, infiltrated the mod room, imitated everyone's personality and writing style, and then proceeded to fabricate countless hours upon hours worth of conversation between these people.

So, it's either that, or someone who was disenfranchised with the way 4chan was going leaked the logs that showed the mods/janitors being corrupt and asking for shit like shadowbanning.

Which do you think is more likely?
>>
>>407246
There are literally no newfag mods. That doesn't compute. Mods are year-long team members and team members have to be year-long users before that.
All mods have been longer in the team than 90% of this shitty board have been browsing 4chan.
>>
>>407319

They're newfags compared to the original mods, yes. Most of these mods are not the ones who came in during 2003 right with moot. Those guys are all long gone. Odds are that you or any given person in this conversation right now have been around longer than the current mods/janitors.

A ton got purged such as W.T. Snacks over time, another big purge when people disagreed with moot on GG and how it was handled, and another purge when moot wanted a government ID to moderate 4chan. So, yes, all of those new mods had to be replaced somehow, and the current janitors got bumped right up. So a lot of the mods aren't exactly long term users. Janitors even less so.
>>
>Gamergate discussion is banned
>On a website that is infamous for Chanology

Hmm I dunno...
>>
>>407330
Wasn't chanology banned, or at least heavily disapproved of? Because iirc a bunch of people pulled an 8ch and made new chans focused around that shit.
>>
>>407327
Simply untrue. Mods aren't just picked from janitors. They are all long time users. They have to be due to their immense power.
>>
>>407331
No.
>>
>>407332

But they're not. And they are only picked from janitors. I know you may not like the idea, but it's true. The three senior mods moot left 4chan in the hands of when he left are the most long term users. Those were the guys moot trusted most and had been around longest and none of them were from 2003. Those original guys are all but gone. And I'd say at least a quarter of the userbase or a bit more has been around for far longer than they have.

Those guys have been around since maybe 2006-2008. And that was the longest term among them, the other mods and janitors have been around for even less time and mainly stepped up after mods got purged recently for the other two major events I said, so now those janitors at the time were made mods, and since they were mods, applications opened for new janitors.

So, a good portion of 4chan has been around for longer than these guys. That's not to say that they suck for that, but it does show in their attitude when you have a supposed senior mod like rapeape sitting around wishing 4chan code could handle shadowbans to shut people up.

moot fucked up by purging a ton of mods and then having to scramble to replace them with borderline newfag janitors and then rushing in more janitors because he wanted to purge people for disagreeing, and then taking away anonymity with the ID stuff and people stepping down.
>>
File: 1448431426025.png (66KB, 1136x270px) Image search: [Google]
1448431426025.png
66KB, 1136x270px
On /v/? Definitely.
>>
>>407380
>Uses the word "Cucked"
>Posts Breitbart article clearly to get replies
>Blames SJWs

I'd ban you too.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.