[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your honest, unfiltered opinion on anime? Not anime posters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 14

File: 1440912415537.jpg (65KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1440912415537.jpg
65KB, 848x480px
What is your honest, unfiltered opinion on anime?
Not anime posters or culture, just anime.
>>
good
>>
File: 1438622019793.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1438622019793.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
I really like a lot of it and consider it art the same way I consider certain western live action shows art
However I have never seen a western animated show I thought could be called art

Most anime is just fun with not substance though, which I still enjoy
>>
Commercial garbage by Japan.

But even if it wasn't commercial trash then Japan wouldn't know how to write an original, charming, intelligent cartoon.
Because Japan is autistic.
>>
>>406922

nice dubs
>>
I've heard that it's downgraded animation compared to that of other nations from what was back in the day. However, I don't know animation very well so I won't say much of that.

I haven't watched that much anime. The few series that interest me I just haven't bothered watching. The same goes for manga.
>>
3D women are not important
>>
File: ELUeH9d.gif (2MB, 533x300px) Image search: [Google]
ELUeH9d.gif
2MB, 533x300px
>>407533
It used to be, US animated on twos (12 frames per second), and Japan animated on threes or fours to save money. But this made it so that Japan could invest more on still art, allowing more complicated character designs. Now with computers, anything that can be tweened is done on twos practically for free. And some anime have so much budget that they can animate full action scenes in high-detail on twos just for the fuck of it.
>>
90% of it is crap, like all things, and the rest is pretty good, like all things.

Anime is just a thing.
>>
#banime
>>
>>406686
I don't tend to make a distinction between eastern and western animation. It's all just cartoons to me, no different than The Simpsons.
>>
It's a great and diverse medium. Has something to offer everyone and is a great hobby if you're poor since you can pirate everything for free.
>>
Love it. Can't get enough of it. I enjoy it as it is but this is probably the best season of anime in years too, so many shows that feel like good ol' 90s anime.
>>
>>406686
It often has cute girls that are far better than in Western shows. But I hate it when a show has submissive male characters in it or girls with cat ears and other animal body parts. Having retarded infantile humor in over half the shows doesn't help it either to become more popular.
>>
>>
>>406686
It's okay. Bit difficult to get into at times due to the cultural differences. But I like anime because it feeds my sci-fi fix, a lot of western sci-fi sucks because live action sci-fi is expansive so they pad their shows with dumb character squabbles in dark rooms.
>>
>>407988
Why do you hate catgirls nya?
>>
File: 1423927142234.png (109KB, 1020x715px) Image search: [Google]
1423927142234.png
109KB, 1020x715px
>>407993
Because they should be human, preferably with natural eye/hair color combinations if possible. Why should they be cats is what I should be asking.

Another thing I really hate about anime is when a female character cuts her hair to show her "progression/resolve", it's a disgusting display of cultural backwardness that adds absolutely nothing to the character and only ruins their looks.
>>
>>407998
But I don't want reality. That's why I watch anime.
>>
>>407998
>Another thing I really hate about anime is when a female character cuts her hair to show her "progression/resolve", it's a disgusting display of cultural backwardness that adds absolutely nothing to the character and only ruins their looks.
>i dont like the way another culture does something
That's your complaint right there, m8
>>
Anime is one of the "pretty good... Until you meet someone retarded who likes it" things in the world. I'm no animation fream or anything but I really like it a lot more than other cartoona, quality of productio. wise.

That's just my view
>>
They're cartoons. There's nothing inherently special about them that warrants being worshipped.

There's plenty good and bad anime just like there's good and bad music, videogames, cartoons, shows and movies.
>>
>>408031
They should keep it neutral if they want to show it to the rest of the world. They make people grow attached to certain characters only to ruin them with cultural bullshit that only those in Japanese culture appreciate.
>>
>>408168
>They should keep it neutral if they want to show it to the rest of the world
What are you even talking about? No anime is made with the intent of being viewed by outsiders. It's all made for Japs, m8
>>
I like the cartoon girls but anime in general is largely pretty lame. Maybe I haven't seen the right animes, but they're pretty simple and seem to be poorly written. Again, however, the QT cartoon girls are alright by me. Well, thanks for reading.
>>
Most of It sucks especially the ones that have little girls doing things
>>
>>406686
Some of it is good, most of it sucks
>>
>>406686
Some of it sucks, most of it is good
>>
File: IMG_20151006_150159.jpg (205KB, 705x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151006_150159.jpg
205KB, 705x501px
I think this sums it up nicely.
>>
>>406686
It's fine but the fans are horrible. 4chan's anime watchers overall are horrible but the japanese anime industry is fucking itself over by being forced to pander to otaku nerds. It's a potentially good medium being ruined by it's disgusting fanbase which only wants the same thing constantly. Because of the desire for money, so called "pretentious" shows that want to be more than fanservice die off for yet another onee-chan pantie high schooler drama love bullshit.
>>
>>408231
Those higher level shows keep getting made though. You are confusing 4chan idiots with the actual industry.
>>
>>408234
To back that up, look at this:
http://anichart.net/winter

Tell me how many of those shows under TV are "yet another onee-chan pantie high schooler drama love bullshit."
>>
>>408226
True but the setting of many anime and underage humor in it makes at least 75% of it shit, but it often does have art style superior to Western shows.
>>
>>408237
Better than being 100% shit like American cartoons.
>>
>>408242
Yeah nearly all of it is shit, but still there is so much shit anime out there, I find it hard as adult to find many shows enjoyable.
>>
>>408242
I don't reprimand anyone who likes American cartoons but I dislike some of the "zany" artstyles used frequently. The only reason I loosely bother with anime is because some of my japanese games are tied to them.
>>
>>408246
And yet Sturgeon's law doesn't stop you from enjoying other things. Funny, that.
>>
>>406686
I suppose what drew me to it was the idealistic way high school was interpreted. At this point I don't know what it is. Maybe the art? Japanese people have a way with creating anime that is just appealing to me and I find it interesting still after 10 years.
>>
Obnoxious.
>>
File: 1444515542330.webm (2MB, 800x432px) Image search: [Google]
1444515542330.webm
2MB, 800x432px
There's is a lot of garbage to sift through, but when the Japs get their animation right, they blow everything else out of the water.
>>
>>406686

Over the years i saw that only americans get defensive about anime. The rest of the world is basically "weeaboo" by american standards.

Why the fuck does it trigger them so much ?
>>
File: MANGA.png (295KB, 600x519px) Image search: [Google]
MANGA.png
295KB, 600x519px
>>408287
It's mainly their insecurity over the huge anime craze from the early 2000s.
>>
>>408296
explain please
>>
>>408297
In the early 2000s, many American teenagers who are now adults were going through an embarrassing weaboo phase. From which resulted in the creation of a lot of cringe-inducing, anime-style fanart, edgy AMVs centered around their favorite angst-y Naruto characters, people believing a small niche of Japanese culture represented the entirety of Japan.
>>
File: j5wpkne.jpg (349KB, 1002x1011px) Image search: [Google]
j5wpkne.jpg
349KB, 1002x1011px
>>
>>408302
But this was in the whole world, this type of passive agressiveness i keep seeing after 2008 - 2010 is totally diferent. Even /a/ is doing it now, hating on japan and all that.
>>
File: AstroBoy1963[1].jpg (12KB, 220x299px) Image search: [Google]
AstroBoy1963[1].jpg
12KB, 220x299px
>>408309
>Anime was invented in 1980 by Japan
>1980

Stopped reading right there.
>>
File: GmITtwi.jpg (6KB, 147x114px) Image search: [Google]
GmITtwi.jpg
6KB, 147x114px
>>408312
>>
>>408312
You should have stopped when they showed only modern anime for the 1980s and only old anime for the modern day. The whole image is a joke and you're a crybaby.
>>
>>408311
Anime has nearly sold-out completely in Japan, and the only real haven where it is truly appreciated is in foreign countries, mainly America. This creates a weird dichotomy where even /a/utists don't know where to put their trust because they hate the American anime scene for whatever reason, and Japan's anime scene is on it's way to being full-on commercial shilling where only greasy otaku care about it.
>>
>>408319
It's sad really. No medium deserves this fate.
>>
>>408319
What the fuck are saying anon ? There are masterpieces every year, please stop reposting things you read on the internet as fact and try to think a little, anime is going strong as ever and the artistic vision is not being killed or anything like that, it's not even close to being a hollywood.
>>
>>408322
>There are masterpieces every year
I'm a seasonal viewer and maybe saying it's headed straight into being an exclusively commercial product is going too far, but it is definitely not churning out annual classics. And if it is they definitely aren't titles that are agreed upon by most people as being great. For example I think Hibike! Euphonium! is as a highpoint in the medium.
>>
>>408329
No you fucking aren't. Fuck off with your pseudo-intellectual bullshit.
>>
>>408358
Sorry, I thought you were trying to have a serious discussion there for a second. My apologies.
>>
>>408367
He is not me, and i am not trying to have a discussion, i don't have the patience to argue on the internet.
>>
>>408367
No fucking way you thought you were having a serious discussion with a post like that.
>>
File: 1430490241573.jpg (57KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1430490241573.jpg
57KB, 800x600px
>>408373
>>408381
>>
>>408383
Piece of fucking shit. You stupid bitch.
>>
>>407612
There is just so much of it.
>>
I have watched exactly 1 (one) slice of life cute anime. It was nothing special obviously and it was just simple entertainment which probably appeals more to shameless men. I say that because while watching it there was a small feeling of self-hatred I felt, due to how pandering and embarrassing the anime was. It's hard to imagine anyone with dignity watching shit like that over and over. I don't need to watch any more because I'm certain that they're all like that.

I only care about anime with mecha or sci-fi themes, but a lot of that too is just unwatchable garbage, though not as much as inane kawaii uguu shows.
>>
>>408383
Kek, he's that weeb that likes to samefag to defend his precious cartoons.
>>
>>408231
>but the japanese anime industry is fucking itself over by being forced to pander to otaku nerds
Shows how much you know about its industry

Also 4chans anime userbase is overall the best on any english anime site
>>
I like a few shows, mostly sci-fi stuff like Gundam. I stay well the fuck away from moe and waifushit.
>>
It's better than anything produced in the USA, that's for sure.
>>
>>408302
>From which resulted in the creation of a lot of cringe-inducing, anime-style fanart, edgy AMVs centered around their favorite angst-y Naruto characters, people believing a small niche of Japanese culture represented the entirety of Japan.
Don't forget 4chan. Boy, what a fucking mess.
>>
I don't care about it really
The pictures are pretty cute but I can never force myself to sit down and watch it. Not because of anime itself, I'm with that with all tv. Probably because of ADD.
>>
Anime is OK. But like everything else, the fanbase is mostly garbage.
>>
>>406686
it's okay.
Anime productions are diverging more from my tastes more and more as the years go by though (there have been far fewer sci-fi shows, for one), so I haven't bothered keeping up as much as I used to.
>>
It's mostly good, besides the way they portray women and the insane losers that become weabs. They're the cancer of anime watchers. I used to watch a few series years ago but I'm no longer interested
>>
Absolutely juvenile. I used to watch it a lot in middle school and going into high school. I still watch anime fight scenes on youtube, though I refuse to watch the shows they're from. Like One Punch Man. The animation is great, but I will not watch it.
>>
File: I like anime.png (2MB, 1076x1692px) Image search: [Google]
I like anime.png
2MB, 1076x1692px
>>408309
>>
>>406686
It's just a fucking entertainment medium. Who the hell has an opinion on "anime"? It's like having an opinion on "cars". You judge individual works, not the overarching concept.
>>
>>409423
haha fagger
>>
>>409423
Somebody get this hothead outta here!
>>
>>408309
what are the names of the first three anime on the lower row?
>>
>>407482
kc
>>
>>408268
this tbqh
>>
Nothing good has been produced in at least ten years.
>>
>>406686
i love it

to be honest, i just like animation in general, but anime is pretty much the only thing available that's both not targeted towards kids and has large production values
>>
File: 1451523326123.webm (3MB, 640x368px) Image search: [Google]
1451523326123.webm
3MB, 640x368px
>>406686
I like anime.

Only plebs disregard and entire medium based on some arbitrary reasoning.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.