[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever considered disabling tripcodes? 4chan would really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: tf.png (90KB, 1125x681px) Image search: [Google]
tf.png
90KB, 1125x681px
Have you ever considered disabling tripcodes?
4chan would really be better that way.

An alternative would be to add a setting which shows everyone as anonymous which is activated by default and then everyone who wants to see tripfags can just disable that setting. win - win.
>>
No, you're the first person to ever suggest this.
>>
I wonder how old that comic is.
>>
Man, who even thinks of GameFAQs anymore? The only noteworthy thing they've done in years is this:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/6177-best-game-ever-final-undertale-vs-zelda-ocarina-of-time
>>
>An alternative would be to add a setting which shows everyone as anonymous
there are addons that do this
>>
>>405205
Yeah but i'm suggesting a default setting for all of 4chan.
That way most people won't even get into it and the tripfag culture would almost dissapear.
The only few people who would participate in it and notice it would be tripfags and a few tripfans.
>>
People who are eternally butthurt about tripfags derail threads much more frequently than any tripfags ever have.
>>
trips have their uses but should be controled like 4ex: no name/tripfagging unless you're contributing something and there's a chance that someone will try to troll by pretending to be you
>>
>>405233
This is so true.
>>
>>405233
Dubs witnessed
>>
Why are people so triggered by tripcodes?

I understand that it goes against "What 4chan is Supposed to be" in your opinion, but why does "What 4chan is Supposed to be" matter to people so much?

Is it just Xenophobia against different things?
>>
>>405323
It's just really annoying with these faggots and their fans.
>>
>>405323

I wonder the same thing myself. Shit, I don't even look at the name when reading a post.
>>
>>405396
Maybe you just don't browse places where tripfaggotry is a big thing.
In some generals and some boards at some times a large part of the discussions is just about different tripfags and their lifes and such shit.
>>
File: Capture.png (8KB, 302x90px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
8KB, 302x90px
90% of you people have 4chan X already, your solution is right here. Quit conveniently ignoring it.
>>
>>405176
This image is funny because people think they can dictate how something on a website they didn't build is used.
>>
Yeah, sure, lemme just go ahead and do that?
While I'm up, do ya want anything else?
>>
>>406260
Yeah but i'm suggesting a default setting for all of 4chan.
That way most people won't even get into it and the tripfag culture would almost dissapear.
The only few people who would participate in it and notice it would be tripfags and a few tripfans.
>>
>>405176
If you have a panic attack at the sight of a trip, then the problem lies with you.
>>
>>406303
Why do you want to impose your own will on the public? Let sleeping dogs lie.
>>
>>405240
>and there's a chance that someone will try to troll by pretending to be you
that's what tripcodes are for you dumbfuck

if you're not popular enough for people to recognize your tripcode nobody will care
>>
>>406307
Maybe you just don't browse places where tripfaggotry is a big thing.
In some generals and some boards at some times a large part of the discussions is just about different tripfags and their lifes and such shit.
>>
>>406333
GrĂ¥t mer slyna
>>
>>406303
>I personally don't like something so it has to go away
>>
>>406044
Tripfaggotry is really only a rpoblem outside the weeb boards. Say what you want about Lelouch and Black_Knight but there's only a few of them. You don't have full threads of unique tripfags on /a/ or /m/ unless it's inside one of the generals (namefagging is useful for matching up and whatnot in /EXVS/)
>>
test
>>
Tripfags can be annoying but they're only a problem when they're actively making the thread about themselves instead of discussing the subject. Simultaneously, trips are also extremely useful for when you need to confirm that it is in fact you when posting about a thread that hinges on one person delivering consistent updates, such as a story or art requests. Most complaints about tripfags comes from the fallout of people replying to them calling them dirty tripfags and derailing the thread. It's really a case-by-case thing and attentive mods banning attention-whore trips (possibly force-anoning them?) is the way to go.
>>
>>406422
The people who liked it could still see it.
>>
>>405233
truTV
>>
>>406422
>I personally like something so it has to stay
>>
>>405176
Diasable it where that only the OP is able to use a tripcode.
>>
>>406311
Why do you want 4chan to be the way you want it to be?
>>
>>408477
The way I want 4chan to be is however it becomes. I like to accept 4chan for whatever it is. I welcome change when it's natural, and reject change when it's ushered in by a minority unless that minority is the site owners, as I figure it's their house.

I feel the same way about Tumblr, Reddit, 4chan, Youtube comments, PHPbbs, Something Awful, and just about any other website.
>>
>>408484
Hey, but then you should want tripcodes disabled because they're a tiny minority that has been changing 4chan by being here for the entire time that 4chan has ever existed!
>>
Tripfags are necessary.
>>
If tripcodes bother you, then you should actually want them to stay turned on, because then you can easily filter them.
>>
>>408680
>>408487
>>406477
>>406422
>>406307
So much amazing Samefaggotry
>>
>>408698
[Citation needed]
>>
>>405176
Yes we have considered disabling tripcodes.

That is the answer to your question. The rest of that post isn't a question. Goodbye.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.