[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If someone puts a bunch of illegal stuff on 4chan servers, who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1435736551124.jpg (46KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1435736551124.jpg
46KB, 720x480px
If someone puts a bunch of illegal stuff on 4chan servers, who would answer to the feds? I'm guessing they wouldn't fly over to japan to talk to ann hiro any time soon.

Now that I think about it, who the hell is even maintaining the ghetto pile of macs that are the 4chan servers now that moot's out of the pic? Never thought mods had the authority to do stuff like that.
>>
Wild ass spectulation: Feds call up the SuperHiro, and be all

>who dat?

And Hiro is all

>fuggifiknow.

And hiro gives the IP address, and tells the janitors to delete that shit.
>>
I assume the 4chan administrators (identifiable by a red capcode) would handle those situations accordingly. for example Mark Zuckerberg is not contacted every-time something illegal is posted on facebook servers. (common sense would tell you that) of course all this is speculation.
>>
>>404997
Facebook's staff complies whenever the feds want data from them. Moot, supposedly, does too.
>>
>>405000
I meant to say "did" not "does".

What a waste of trips.
>>
On a sidenote, how does 4chan contact the Feds when they see egregiously illegal contact like someone making credible threats or a CP spammer?

I mean, do they call 1-800-FBI-LOLI or the local police department? I wouldn't want to be the mod calling the authorities saying we have a CP spammer and have copies of everything.
>>
>>405174
Large websites and communities get contacted by a federal government body, one of several departments such as the FBI or more recently the NSA, and they're given a direct line that isn't open to the mainstream public and is illegal to disclose.
>>
>>405293

Learn something new everyday, thanks.
>>
>>405293
This is why 4chan should move its servers to another country. I mean, there are so many countries that company information is confidential. Malaysia, Panama, Northern Cyprus, etc.
>>
>>405549
buy a few thousand more passes so they can afford to move the servers.
>>
>>405585
That would incentivize them to keep their servers right where they are as here is where the money is being made.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.