[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's become impossible to discuss video games on /v/ due

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
It's become impossible to discuss video games on /v/ due to the entire board being filled with threads about this meme game. The attempt to make it /vg/ only was a terrible failure, so when will this get its own board?
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 500x500px
>>402392
>waah this thing is popular make a new board so I never have to see it again!
>>
File: 565931.png (17KB, 426x396px) Image search: [Google]
565931.png
17KB, 426x396px
>he posts on /v/
>>
seconding this, it's not as bad as OP makes it out to be, but undertale is getting spammed a lot and mods don't always do anything.
>>
>>402398
It's not getting spammed by people that actually want to discuss the game. It's people trying their damnedest to shitpost.
>>
File: Liru eating.png (235KB, 321x480px) Image search: [Google]
Liru eating.png
235KB, 321x480px
>wanting to discuss anything on /v/
>still browsing /v/
>literally /b/ and /s4s/ with a blue board skin and video game aesthetic
don't kid yourself. wanting to discuss toby-tale ain't gonna happen. although it was enjoyable game, you can't deny the furry undertones, and you know how much the /v/ userbase likes to shitpost when they find a small flaw to latch onto. in other words, it's not happening.
>>
>>402402
>Furry undertones
Monstergirls aren't furry. There's exactly one furry character and toby buried it under as much code as he could, because he was forced to put it in the game.
>>
>>402404
and what? being able to flirt with toriel? the lesbian fish and lizard? there's a fine line between monstergirls and furries which undertale clearly passed at some points. i'm not even dissing the game, it's fun, but there's definitely more than just "So Sorry" that are furry
>>
>>402392
>meme game

Great way to kill whatever point you were trying to make. People are going to discuss games they like. Deal with it. Thread hidden.
>>
>>402408
The problem is undertale fans wanting discussion on /v/ because a specific youtube video redirected them to 4chan. They don't lurk.
Not that "blue /b/" was that good before anyway.
>>
File: 1447652005939.png (374KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1447652005939.png
374KB, 1280x1280px
>JESUS FUCKING CHRIST HIRO HELP US YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS IS THE DOWNFALL OF OUR BOARD
>PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY DISCUSSING VIDEO GAMES ON /v/ JESUS CHRIST BAN THEM
>DO SOMETHING SAVE US FROM THE UNTHINKABLE HORROR OF VIDEO GAME DISCUSSION
>>
Hiro should create a board called /mlp2/, where the only things that are allowed to be discussed are movies/shows/games that have been declared as "the next MLP."

This will include things like Undertale, Steven Universe, and we might as well throw Sonic in there as well.
>>
>It's become impossible to discuss video games on /v/
it has never been possible to discuss video games on /v/. if you go to /v/ to discuss video games, you are a retard. go back to gamefaqs.
>>
>>402392
>board being spammed with something
>GIVE IT ITS OWN BOARDS INSTEAD OF GIVING IT THE HAMMER OR GETTING THE MODS TO PUT IT UNDER CONTROL
Fucking /q/babbies
>>
File: 1437164003427.jpg (42KB, 637x478px) Image search: [Google]
1437164003427.jpg
42KB, 637x478px
>>402392
Seriously though something should be done against this

This shit is /v/s very own MLP.

Optimal solution; ban it to /vg/. Actually enforce that shit
>>
>>402438
>LOOK AT ME I'M MAKING YOU SOUND DUMB BY MISREPRESENTING THE ISSUE XD
way to prove OPs point
>>
Oh 4chan, why can't you just be reddit?
>>
File: get outta here.png (273KB, 746x715px) Image search: [Google]
get outta here.png
273KB, 746x715px
>>402471
this. mods just need to crack down on the obvious bait threads and fanart dumps until cripplechan calms down.
>>
>>403787
>WAAAH PEOPLE ARE DISCUSSING A VIDEO GAME I DONT LIKE MAKE A NEW BOARD SO I DONT HAVE TO SEE IT AGAIN
>>
>>403869
>still doing the exact same thing
way to prove OPs point even further
>>
>>403877
>"hurr way tah pwuve opees point "

Like every other fad it will die off. Stop screaming for a new board every time something on /v/ and outside 4chan becomes popular
>>
>>403880
don't want a new board, just want mods to do something about the incessant undertale spam.
there's always at least one thread up, that's called a general and is the reason /vg/ was created in the first place.
>>
>entire board being filled
Kill yourself. Yes, there's always at least one Undertale thread up, and, maybe, at most, 3 simultaneous ones, but that doesn't warrant its own board. Faggots like you are the reason why we'll never get a board for sw, to free /tv/. That franchise has several dozen threads up at a time. Yet you complain about 1 or 2 for Undertale?
>>
>>403896
and 90% of the time they're poorly constructed bait like this one
>>>/v/322991012
all I'm asking is that mods take some action.
>>
>>403885
>if more than one person is discussing a game I don't like it's spam!
>>
>>403939
fuck are you on about?
as soon as one of those threads would 404 another would take its place.
it's a blatant general, and usually the OP is blatant bait.
>>
>>404025
>there can only be 1 thread ever on stuff I don't like >:(
>>
By that logic we need a separate anime board to contain the anime on [s4s]
>>
>>403880
>Like every other fad it will die off.
Yeah, we should allow mlp threads on /tv/ and /co/ again. Great idea, I mean it was just another fad that died off so we don't need to enforce anything because thats always easier than actually putting effort into maintaining this website
>>
>>404044
I wish kids like these could get banned for being underage. You argue like a toddler and nothing you will respond to this will convince me otherwise
>>
>>404087
>these ad hominems mean I'M right and YOU'RE wrong! >:(
>>
Hell no. The vast majority of these Undertale threads are just people posting shitty bait threads and idiots responding to them. They're perfectly emblematic of the current state of /v/ and EXACTLY what our board deserves.

Besides, it would be pretty unfair to Undertale fans to ban discussion of their game just because a bunch of kids want to shitpost about it. If you establish the precedent that you can remove any subject you want off the board just by posting a million threads full of venom about it... well you're not going to like that result.
>>
>>404095
I think we should have a better definition of what /vg/ is for. Right now its really really hard to determine what exactly deserves to have threads on /v/ and what should rather be moved to /vg/ instead.
>>
>>404086
>This one thing that happened means it will happen after every fandom and we should make boards before the fandom gets to big before even seeing what he actually outcome should be

Dumbass
>>
>>404187
>before even seeing what he actually outcome should be
No you're the dumbass because you don't even visit /v/. Just visit 3-4 Undertale threads and you'll see the cancer. There is no "we don't know the outcome yet", this shit has been going on for months since its release.

>and we should make boards
Never proposed that. I proposed enforcing the /vg/ rule and ban them to /vg/, or at least actually find a solid definition of what /vg/ is actually for and when a game should go to /vg/ and when its okay to stay on /v/.
>>
Memegame - Noun - Something popular that I don't like.
>>
>>404211
>multiple threads about a thing is bad

No it just means it has a large fanbase, which is normal

>if a game becomes too popular send it to /vg/

That would ruin the whole point of a board for video games

Dumbass
>>
>>404224
stop with your fucking "dumbass" and instead explain me what /vg/ is for then? That was my original question
>>
>>404242
Explaining it would just make you believe your wrong opinion more, so I won't.

Nobody listen to this dumbass.
>>
File: Lawrence.jpg (29KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Lawrence.jpg
29KB, 480x270px
>going to /v/ in 2016

Why? The place has gone to utter shit.
>>
>>404251
>Explaining it would just make you believe your wrong opinion more
Probably means I'm right.

you're pathetic, glad I don't have to argue with you anymore.
>>
>>404267
I never started arguing with you and I never will.

Nobody listen to this dumbass. He doesn't know what he's talking about. He honestly believes that talking about a popular video game is bad, forgetting what "popular" means.
>>
>>404265
Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.
>>
File: 1407412673913.png (186KB, 332x512px) Image search: [Google]
1407412673913.png
186KB, 332x512px
It's impossible to discuss video games on /v/ for a lot more reasons than just Undertale, I assure you.
>>
File: 1442011065681.png (102KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
1442011065681.png
102KB, 300x256px
>>404280
>Nobody listen to this dumbass.
>>
>>404324
this. /v/ is pretty much sfw /b/ at this stage.
>>404280
you don't know what you're talking about.
people talking about a popular video game is different than jackasses making thinly veiled generals and coordinated baiting efforts.
mods have already started deleting the more obvious bait so i'm satisfied for now.
>>
>>404532
>you don't know what you're talking about.
>people talking about a popular video game is different than jackasses making thinly veiled generals and coordinated baiting efforts.
>mods have already started deleting the more obvious bait so i'm satisfied for now.

So, the funny thing is, you're wrong, and nothing will ever convince you, so there's no point in addressing you. I'm going to just address all the would-be readers who might believe you if you go unchecked.

Nobody listen to this idiot. He's an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. He thinks that quality judgements have any bearing on whether or not a definition applies. He thinks that "I don't like it" means that something isn't popular and that instead it's some sort of "veiled general" or that coordinated efforts are even possible on 4chan. He's a conspiracy theorist and a paranoid idiot. Don't listen to his lies. They are infectious and even he believes them because he is so gullible that he falls for his own bullshit.
>>
>>404556
why am I wrong?
what makes you think I didn't like undertale?
>he believes them because he is so gullible that he falls for his own bullshit.
what does this even mean?
a thread goes up as soon as the last one goes down, I employ you to check the archive yourself and see how many of these threads are the same poorly constructed baiting tactics.

"Generals"—long-term, recurring threads about a specific game—should be posted in /vg/. This is not to say threads about specific games cannot be created on /v/, just that long-term, recurring threads belong in /vg/.
does this sound familiar?
>>
>>404581
>A tremendous load of bullshit.

Nobody listen to this retard. He doesn't know what he's talking about. He doesn't even have basic reading comprehension. His opinions are invalid. Disregard them.
>>
>>404593
>>>A tremendous load of bullshit.
do you have a single fact to back that up?
>>
>>404597
Posting a fact to back it up will only make you believe your wrong opinion even harder due to the backfire effect. I don't want you to believe your wrong thing more so I will not be providing you with evidence against your belief.

For more information on the backfire effect, please watch any of these videos from this search term.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+backfire+effect
>>
>>404611
>Posting a fact to back it up will only make you believe your wrong opinion even harder due to the backfire effect
please fuck off with your subversive bullshit.
>I will not be providing you with evidence against your belief
shows exactly how much evidence you have.
stop trying to sound smart, pal.
>>
>>404617
I'm sorry that providing you with evidence against your preconceived notion about the backfire effect has backfired on you.
>>
>>404619
and i'm sorry your head is so far up your ass it's crippled your ability to have a rational discussion with someone.
>>
>>404624
Rational discourse doesn't have the desired effect. It doesn't work.

You, for example, are refusing to learn about how rationality has flaws. This just goes to show that rationality is flawed.

You can't escape this paradox, Anon.
>>
>>404626
and what is the desired effect?
what's your angle here?
besides actively trying to cover up the fact there's people incessantly making undertale generals.
it's gone beyond people talking about a popular game, and into 'recurring thread' territory. there is no denying this.
>>
>>404633
I don't care what you think because you can't be convinced. I'm not looking to make you believe anything. I'm looking to make you look like a moron so that nobody else who is on the fence believes you. You're unfixable but hopefully I can stop your cancer from spreading. It's probably a lost cause but following the directive is all I can do and it's a good thing to do.
>>
>>404673
so, you just think i'm problematic?
what makes you think I can't be convinced? just because I won't adhere to the same mental gymnastics you do?
>facts are irrelevant
that's what you appear to be telling me.
thank you for making it obvious your only goal here is to silence me.
>>
>>404686
I literally don't care what you have to say. You're a fool and I just want everybody to know it.

Nobody listen to this fool. He thinks I'm tumblr. He thinks anything that disagrees with him is tumblr.
>>
>>404686
How has presenting facts worked for you in internet arguments so far? How many people have you convinced? Has being correct ever made a difference with whether or not you've won an argument before? Are you capable of reflecting on yourself and your actions rationally and determining whether or not the things you're doing have worked for you? Are you content to just stay the course and not check your work?
>>
File: 1451507845035.png (179KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
1451507845035.png
179KB, 500x279px
>want to discuss video games on /v/
>9million culture threads, blacked threads shitposting threads what does x mean
>want to discuss video games on /vg/
>9million tripfags and avatar fags circle jerking and inflating each others egos while actual discussion is ignored

There's no winning on this website and the administration refuses to fix this. This exact same reason is why /news/ /r9k/ /pol/ /b/ and /sp/ went to shit.

I honestly don't know why there's not a giant ass sticky explaining the one rule "Talk about videogames"
>>
File: Backfire-Effect.jpg (163KB, 504x504px) Image search: [Google]
Backfire-Effect.jpg
163KB, 504x504px
>>404686
Can you provide me any proof that providing proof is useful for winning an argument? Because I can provide you with proof that it isn't.

https://www.dartmouth.edu/~nyhan/nyhan-reifler.pdf

If this doesn't work on you then I've proven my point.
>>
>>404712
and which belief of mine do you wish to 'correct'
>>404699
>He thinks I'm tumblr
you're sure acting like tumblr.
>He thinks anything that disagrees with him is tumblr.
nice assumption.
>>404703
i'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.
>>404708
this is closer to the issue I have, it isn't just the undertale threads that are fucking /v/ up, and mods need to do something about all of it.
the undertale threads are the most blatant example of mods ignoring a recurring thread/general, but there are many others.
>>
>>404727
Can you provide some facts that back up the assertions you're making? Because you sure are asking other people to provide facts.
>>
>>404735
https://boards.4chan.org/v/archive
>ctrl+f
>"undertale"
>observe recurring thread.
>>
>>404769
and keep in mind that the mods have been deleting a lot of the more obvious bait threads such as 'undertale is GOTY' and 'anthony burch liked undertale so you must hate it'
>>
>>404242
There isn't a point of /vg/. It was a lazy cop-out by moot instead of banning the generals like he should
>>
>>404708
The administration doesn't create new threads faggit
>>
>>404708
Have you tried going to reddit's http://reddit.com/r/truegaming subreddit?

Spend ten minutes there and see if this is the sort of place you'd prefer to be on. /v/ isn't really a place for TALKING about video games. It's more of a place for posting pictures of video game related things.
>>
>>404944
>actually going to reddit
shiggy diggy doo
>>404939
would banning generals altogether have been a better alternative?
>>
>>404946
I'm just saying, if you're fed up with 4chan, there are alternatives.
>>
>>404946
>would banning generals altogether have been a better alternative?
Fucking yes. There was never any reason for them. The only thing /vg/ did was cause general culture on the rest of the site grow and generals were still posted on /v/, they were just thinly veiled . Generals were never good
>>
>>404960
good point, can't say i've seen a general on /v/ or /vg/ i've wanted to partake in.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.