[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't post from my computer anymore. First, I ran into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: wtf.png (79KB, 1913x795px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
79KB, 1913x795px
I can't post from my computer anymore. First, I ran into pic related. After switching from HTTPS to HTTP, I was able to get the board to load, but then I kept getting connection error messages. I checked the feedback page and the solution was to turn off Adblock, so I did. I'm still getting connection errors after turning off the rest of my extentions too.

What gives?
>>
>>402236
You know what you did. You've been very naughty indeed.
>>
>>402272
Yes, I've been posting here. For shame.

Oddly, I can post on the feedback page with my desktop, so I made a bug report. I hate browsing this site with my phone. It's such a pain in the ass.
>>
>>402236
>I checked the feedback page and the solution was to turn off Adblock, so I did.
DON'T TURN OFF ADBLOCK!
4chan runs malware ads.
>>
>>402287
So you're telling me Hiroshima Nagasaki is ruining the site? Figures.
>>
You're not running gentoo
>>
>>402236
Same problem, for me the issue seems to be my antivirus and Firefox.

I can post with Firefox when the web shield is disabled, and I can post with other browsers when the web shield is up.

Weird.
>>
>>402537
Avast is dog shit and basically malware itself the way it spies on your browsing and shows ads. Find a better antivirus.
>>
>>402537
I tried turning off my antivirus. Let's see if that works.
>>
>>402558
What the fuck. That's retarded.
>>
You don't need an extension to block ads. You can just edit your HOSTS file to deny connections from IPs that run ads. It's not difficult to configure: http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts2.htm

This will also cut down your browser's memory usage, since the function is performed on an OS level.

I'm not having any issues accessing 4chan on Firefox, so something is definitely wrong with your settings.
>>
>>402564
I have 16gigs of RAM. I'm not concerned about my browser's memory usage.

And the problem turned out to be Avast.
>>
>>402564
There's no reason to use a browser with extension support if you're not gonna use them.
Using the hostfile for blocking might be useful with some program's server or on a crippled device, but a decent adblocker is much more flexible and useful.
>>
It is Avast webshield

It worked so wall until this

Shame
>>
>>402564
>This will also cut down your browser's memory usage
I have 16GiB of RAM. Since when in this day and age is browser memory usage even an issue?
>>
>>402523
He's making the site better for people who use adblocking software by killing everybody who doesn't.
>>
>>402590
>There's no reason to use a browser with extension support if you're not gonna use them.

I use other extensions. I avoid ad-blocking extensions specifically because they're a waste of resources. Significant CPU cycles are eaten up just to re-render pages without ads. HOSTS blacklisting simply refuses connections from ad servers in the first place, so no re-rendering, and thus no demand for resources.

>a decent adblocker is much more flexible and useful

Sorry, but I strongly disagree. Having used AdBlock and its various clones for years, all they caused was intense resource usage and page incompatibilities. HOSTS blacklisting can't be detected like an extension can, so pages don't nag at you or refuse to display important content.

By all means, use whatever method you want. I was only relaying my personal experience for OP's consideration, in case AdBlock was somehow causing the errors.
>>
>>402793
Would you care to post your HOSTS file? Sounds like something I'd like to use.
>>
>>402813

I use the one hosted on this site: http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts2.htm

I update my file about once a year, but I don't see any ads in the meantime, so update intervals don't have to be extremely regular.
>>
>>402793
>Sorry, but I strongly disagree. Having used AdBlock and its various clones for years, all they caused was intense resource usage
Posted from my 10 year old PC, with FF + uBlock :^)

>page incompatibilities. HOSTS blacklisting can't be detected like an extension can, so pages don't nag at you or refuse to display important content.
Not really, consider this (pastebin.com):
>server: content + anti-adblock script
>adservers: ad scripts

With hostsfile you can only block the adservers, the anti-adblock script will still nag at you and you can't block the main server because it also provides the content

With an adblocker you get fine-grained blocking/unblocking, anti-anti-adblocker lists, selective blocking of third-party elements.

Not to mention that adblockers give a nice list of blocked elements in the page, which is useful to solve those compatibility issues that might arise, with hostfile blocking you only get a bunch connections refused in the dev console, some browsers/websites also break with this connection refused mess so you have to redirect those requests to a server like pixelserv that serves empty content.
>>
>>402287
Yeah, on the frontpage. Are you a cancerous Facebook newfag? Because only them browse the fucking frontpage.
>>
Been having the same problem, apparently it's caused by Avast and Firefox.
>>
>>403238
However updating Avast fixes the issue, I can now post freely again and do not get the connection error message.
>>
>>402564
APK pls go.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.