[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anonymity lowers the level of discourse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0117.jpg (60KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0117.jpg
60KB, 600x900px
Does anonymity lowers the level of discourse?
>>
>>1506513
You lower it because you make the board too fast.
>>
>>1506513
Yes.
>>
No, it's just a side effect of making it too easy to post
>>
>>1506851
making it too easy to post lowers the quality of discourse
>>
>>1506513
The default state of anonymity unveils who's an idiot, and who isn't.
>>
>>1506513
No, but anonymity + lax moderation + a gargantuan user base that's impossible to effectively police does.
>>
Given the sort of garbage people post on Facebook, I'd say it has less effect than you might think.
>>
moderation does
>>
File: anastasia is cute 66.jpg (687KB, 800x1103px) Image search: [Google]
anastasia is cute 66.jpg
687KB, 800x1103px
anastasia raises my heart rate—because shes cute
>>
>>1509597
Post anastasia is cute 23
>>
File: anastasia is cute 23.png (604KB, 909x437px) Image search: [Google]
anastasia is cute 23.png
604KB, 909x437px
>>1510725
anastasia is cute!
>>
All wrong.

What lowers the level of discourse is the political games humans are subject to when threatened, and how unbelievably easy it is to threaten the way of life, and the image, of a group of anonymous users who have no identity of their own.

That last sentence might be why you think anonymity alone is the culprit (e.g. give people identities and they no longer feel personally threatened by a few bad eggs in their community)
However, that might not be the only solution. I think there are likely other ways to achieve it without needing usernames, and that our real problem is every alt-chan has no balls to try anything new, they literally just make fucking clones and actually think it's going to magically become popular and also not succumb to the same fate as 4chan.

But yeah I guess without any innovation, if we're just stuck with the same ideas we currently use, then you might as well say popular anonymous communities will have a lower level of discourse.
>>
honk honk *spins bowtie*
>>
>>1511398
waka waka
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.