[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pay no mind if you're not into academic 4chan meta. -- I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 29

Pay no mind if you're not into academic 4chan meta.
--
I've been thinking about the subdivisions of thread types on 4chan and how people naturally divide themselves into three main categories.

My theory of primary thread divisions is as follows:
1) The Blog Thread
In best case this is a T thread. In worst case a green text story.
2) The question or answer threads.
These try to attract the readers attention to something happening unrelated to the poster.
3) The Image Thread.
These are like daily doses or image dumps that try to get users to focus on images.

I believe that these three kinds of posts make up the backbone of all 4chan threads.
Everyone has there speciality and if they try to focus on whichever one they enjoy the most, then they will find thread making happiness.
>>
Take what you will from this, I just wanted to write my thoughts.
>>
>>1474762
didn't read lol
>>
"I recently took time out of my day to look at forums all around the internet, though I mainly checked out ones that were populated with people from imageboards as I have come across a couple in the past few months.
Forums have always had their issues, but when I started to compare the forums that were mainly populated with anonymous board users with forums that were around video games or hobbies I noticed a distinct difference in posting style.

For simplicities sake I would say there are three types of forums.

General forums: These are forums that are loosely based around some concept, but the main draw is the community that is on the forums.
Hobby specific forums: These are the forums that are strictly about the hobby, game, show, book or something similar. Though they can have a community the community is always second to the actual hobby.
Trouble-shooting forums. Things that are designed entirely for question and answer.

Forums that draw most of their user-base from anonymous imageboards are odd because a lot of the users seem to carry a heavy ego. I assume this is mainly because the forums are so similar to threads you would find on one-off imageboards like u b o a chan or smaller *chan boards, that the only people who post are the ones who want to hear the applause of someone else.

But this got me thinking. What is the point of joining a “general” forum? The post quality is rarely incredibly high and most the conversations that go on for more than a page end up to be either arguments or just chat-rooms. Things better deserving of an IRC or Discord group.
>>
The anonymous imageboard or textboard has the special ability to be essentially timeliness, excluding things such as memes or large events in the past. I can leave wizchan for 3 months and (granted nothing out of the ordinary happened) everything is the same. For forums if I could notice certain users post counts go up, and other users leaving or joining. Forums give off the impression of time passing, inherently.
This is why I feel imageboards are so easy to lose years in. For me to thoroughly feel “caught-up” I’ve already browsed for a long time, all I have to do is lurk for a day or two and then I can jump back in as if nothing had ever changed.

Trouble-shooting forums are easy to understand as they are usually user-driven. It is definitely a format where experienced users guide people who usually come and go in short succession.

So what is the appeal of forums over something like chatrooms? Is it the more organized layout? The aura that things will be higher quality?
I know posts like this are usually just brushed off as “normalfags want to stroke their ego” but I feel the answer is a lot deeper.
bbs will rise again."
>>
>>1474762
What about game threads? Threads that promote user interaction in a gameified manner like risk threads, roll threads, quest threads, ect?
>>
>>1475340
Most fall into image threads I would theorize,
A roll thread puts your attention on an image.
A draw thread centers around creating images.
A risk thread centers around users reacting to an image.

The quest thread and a boardless risk thread(done with a text user interface) though make me think about reconsidering the third category into something broader... not sure what though...

I'm not sure. This information doesn't really even have much use other than on a theoretical level.
People will make the threads they want to make.
>>
>>1474762
>In best case this is a T thread.
>best case
>>
File: 63965937_p0.png (942KB, 800x1102px) Image search: [Google]
63965937_p0.png
942KB, 800x1102px
>>1475367
What? They're ALWAYS fun
>>
File: 1499580443377.png (771KB, 1023x985px) Image search: [Google]
1499580443377.png
771KB, 1023x985px
>>1475368
You're just saying that so I don't wake up dead tomorrow.....
>>
File: 1500597786846.png (169KB, 626x689px) Image search: [Google]
1500597786846.png
169KB, 626x689px
>>1474762
>>
>>1474762
What about roleplay threads?
>>
>>1475384
uh you will never dare to do it anyway im not worried about that
>>
>>1475362
I think better categories would be discussion, content sharing, and game threads. Of course every thread would fall into one or more of those three basic categories.
>>
File: 1499580443377.png (793KB, 1023x985px) Image search: [Google]
1499580443377.png
793KB, 1023x985px
>>1475390
You're in for a surprise then.......
>>
Who is Trevor?
>>
>>1475435
Not you.

Don't use my images.
>>
File: 89684823.jpg (99KB, 752x720px) Image search: [Google]
89684823.jpg
99KB, 752x720px
>>1475446
You're the imposter, not me.
>>
>>1475470
Your image isn't even named right........
>>
>>1474762
>Pay no mind if you're not into academic 4chan meta.
Could you possibly be any more pretentious?
>>
File: image.gif (18KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
18KB, 256x256px
>>1474762
>2) The question or answer threads.
This category is way to broad that should be devided into these categories:
Discussion thread: discussion-centric
Content creation thread: focus on creating contents (requires the users to create things not existed before, including unexpected behaviors). This includes picture manipulation, game, and roll threads.

>3) The Image Thread.
This is better to be substituted for content sharing threads in general not limited to image albeit being the most common incarnation (see: music thread)
>>
>>1475547
Ya, that makes sense.
I like that.

Then you can go into each category and start making more branches.
>>
>>1475561
Deeper into the subtree of blogs is maybe the Ironic blog and then the sincere blog, romance threads, feels threads and then greetext stories.

I'll put more thought into it later since this is just a bump.
>>
>>1474762
Classification: there are two types of posts - posts, which are replies to a thread, and opening posts, which initiate threads.

I will add that since the premise for all posts is that they should pertain to on-topic discussion, you can label them by assigning them a positive or a negative value based on whether they are on-topic or not. This value is used when determining if a post is relevant and subject to deletion.

If you want to categorize threads you must first understand that a thread is a sum of its posts; since a post can be composed of text, an image or both, you could categorize them as either "text threads" or "image threads". However, since images are a prerequisite for starting them, and threads are certain to receive posts with either only images or both, you can categorize threads based on the intentions of its posters.

The most common threads involve discussion and storytelling. The most common patterns for image-centric threads are image dumping and content creation/aggregation.

>2) The question or answer threads.
Questions are simply interrogative statements can hardly be regarded as anything more than a device to elicit information. If you're referring to stupid question threads or any of its cousins then I'd like to say that threads that give users permission to display their ignorance and an excuse to be lazy cannot be called a backbone of anything.
>>
File: c3obq6jenmogsk84w08kk044_640.png (182KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
c3obq6jenmogsk84w08kk044_640.png
182KB, 640x360px
There are three kinds of people in this world.

Those who can count,
And those who can't.

Now check my dubs
>>
>since the premise for all posts is that they should pertain to on-topic discussion
i reject that premise also I would consider the board a kind of "post", i.e. a thread is simply a "reply" to a board. you also forgot that the op can delete the opening image, making it possible for a thread to contain no images
>>
>>1476727
>I would consider the board a kind of "post", i.e. a thread is simply a "reply"
I disagree that a board is a post, but I do agree that an OP is as much of a post as any reply post. A board is limit on what kind of posts are appropriate.
>>
>>1474762
congatulations! your theory has successfully defined the parameters that of which 4chan has its users operate.

now derive something from this and actually theorize on something worthwhile
>>
File: tumblr_ewykb3he4dw4m22dih_500.jpg (187KB, 750x927px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ewykb3he4dw4m22dih_500.jpg
187KB, 750x927px
>>1474762
>>
>>1476760
bump to "trigger" the plebs
>>
File: Thread Typology.jpg (103KB, 1606x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Thread Typology.jpg
103KB, 1606x1000px
>>1475547
>>
>>1474762
>>
File: Thread Typology.jpg (186KB, 2063x1351px) Image search: [Google]
Thread Typology.jpg
186KB, 2063x1351px
Slowly I'll work on this.
I'll refine it later maybe, idk. Just for fun really
>>
I wonder how deep the tree needs to be for me to place ethical dilema threads somewhere...
>>
I really don't like the phrase ``content creation''. It sounds so soulless and PC.
>>
File: Thread Typology.jpg (282KB, 2684x1451px) Image search: [Google]
Thread Typology.jpg
282KB, 2684x1451px
I'll make it look less messy later. Just jotting it down at this point.

>>1481235
If you can make it even more soulless I'd like to hear that.
This is pure 4chan academia
>>
File: 0 (68).jpg (271KB, 1280x1884px) Image search: [Google]
0 (68).jpg
271KB, 1280x1884px
But I'll take any suggestion you give seriously.
>>
File: Thread Typology.jpg (492KB, 10000x929px) Image search: [Google]
Thread Typology.jpg
492KB, 10000x929px
Making trees is a pain in the ass. I'll tidy it up once I complete it.

If you think I mistaged or forgot anything in terms of content, go ahead and tell me.
>>
>>1481440
Discussion would probably contain:
Questions, theories, complaints, shitposts, instigations, image disucssion which would break down into critique and clickbait styled topics.
>>
>>1481440
How exactly are blogs and discussion not ``content''?
>>
>>1482663
I think I might change it to "media content"
>>
>>1482670
But then that requires me to specify against text content and I have to make an arbritrary branch...

I hate trees....... ..
>>
>>1482680
Then again, maybe a text branch was needed after-all...
>>
I like where this thread is going
>>
File: Thread Typology.jpg (838KB, 10000x1141px) Image search: [Google]
Thread Typology.jpg
838KB, 10000x1141px
Need to tidy this up and resolve all inconsistencies on the R tree...

>>1482663
Thanks
>>
File: 1494679052870.gif (1MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494679052870.gif
1MB, 720x720px
>>1476332
*Quack* You were close *Quack*
>>
File: threads.png (250KB, 3865x710px) Image search: [Google]
threads.png
250KB, 3865x710px
>>1482762
Just use GraphViz. It's not perfect but it's decent.
https://pastebin.com/YFHrUvrn
>>
>>1484214
Maybe. I'll see about it.
>>
File: Thread Typology.png (365KB, 7465x710px) Image search: [Google]
Thread Typology.png
365KB, 7465x710px
>>1484214
It kind of has it's problems but it's a timesaver in terms of laying stuff out.
If I decide to do a finalized version I would do it in something else probably.
>>
File: Thread Typology.png (381KB, 7985x710px) Image search: [Google]
Thread Typology.png
381KB, 7985x710px
>>1484598
>>
>>1484601
What the heck is outside discussion?
>as defined by interest in discussing things outside to themselves
what does this mean? why are you making it sound complicated?
>"Chat rooms"
really
where is subject discussion? why does it look like the person who made this only browses MISC boards and /int/.
>>
nerds
>>
>>1474762
>In best case this is a T thread. In worst case a green text story.
The retards in /qa/ are metastasizing.
>>
Post threads to classify
>>
>>1484821
The way I see it is that there's the sphere of threads that want to focus the discussion around the users and the sphere of people who want to focus discussions around subjects.

For lack of better words atm, inside refers to posters wanting to create a circlejerk of either blogging or inclusive chat room threads.
outside refers to posters wanting to discuss topics, ideas and randomness
>>
I'm taking a break over the weekend from this anyways so if you want to criticize, plz do.
>>
File: 1498116160001.png (205KB, 659x525px) Image search: [Google]
1498116160001.png
205KB, 659x525px
>>1474762
>on 4chan
>post is more /qa/ specific
Stupid people use fancy words. Nothing new.

Your theory is mostly worthless, because each board could have its own divisions.
>>
>>1485922
That's not true though.
Every thread has certain elements in common, and certain goals to be achieved.
These goals are defined by the posting format.

On 4chan all you can do is "discuss things" or "share things".
Within those two types lies everything 4chan has ever done.

If you were paying attention to the thread and not just dropping by to do some spam everyone ignored, then you would know that and criticize the most recent posts.
>>
>>1485934
>on 4chan all you can do is discuss or share
/qa/ and /soc/ are examples of this not being the case
And your thread devisions still don't apply to all of 4chan.
But how would you know if you just lurk 2 boards at most?
>>
>>1485945
/soc/ is a bunch of blogs and people sharing their addresses. What's your point?
>>
>>1485945
Do you even know what the words discuss and share even mean? What content on /qa/ or /soc/ does not fall under those categories?
>>
Unless you're referring to rule breaking sort of stuff like spamming...
Spamming and other things like that I guess do fall outside of the sphere of discussing and sharing since your goal is to abuse the catalog and pages.
>>
>>1485951
In the broadest sense of the word spam is a form of sharing and discussion depending on the context. The spam can be for making a statement (meta discussion) or simply to propagate a message (sharing/discussing). The words on the topmost of these category trees should be taken in their broadest sense.
>>
>>1485946
wrong
>>1485947
/qa/ had mindless shitposts and threads for the sake of threads (sliding) for example.
/soc/ has chatter and requests. gossip and chatting isn't discussion

Your categories are not only not accurate at all, they're also incomplete and useless.
You'd need categories for individual boards, maybe groups of boards but most likely for each board individually.
(this is currently a discussion btw, as oppsed to most other threads on /qa/)
>>
>>1486448
Huh?
I think you need to rethink how 4chan works.
>>
Discussion with you was already deemed as worthless by your frog avatar.
Your elaboration concluded it.
>>
File: subdivisions.png (90KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
subdivisions.png
90KB, 1000x600px
>>1485813
We're trying to identify and categorize all thread types here, right? I think the media sharing branch looks decent, but like anon above said, the categorization chart doesn't take common /soc/ and /qa/ threads into account. The definition of what discussion actually is seems to have been diluted a bit here as well.
>an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., especially to explore solutions; informal debate.

Simple "talk" is not discussion, so I have revised the chart a bit and expanded the first branch to also include requests and cacothreads.
Let me expound on what I changed first.

Classic Discussion is simply the most common type of discussion that occurs on any board, small or big, and can be centred around any allowed topic.

Clique-based Discussion is somewhat different. Like the name suggests, it's discussion whose participants have more than a common interest in a specific topic. Discussion on 4chan is anonymous, so discussion of this type is supported by users who e.g. have become recognizable(either through their choice of words, phrases or images they frequently post) or share the same nationality(flag).
I want to point out that this discussion can be as good as the previous type, but that it will easily. and indeed frequently, be replaced by chatter in the case of generals since any topic will at some point become exhausted. Since it's mutual interest and not common interest that sustains a general that has nothing to left to discuss, the virtues of anonymity will be diminished and the threads will devolve into chatter(shitposting) as a result. Occurs chiefly on /vg/.

1/2
>>
>>1487133
Socialization-centric Discussion should be self-explanatory and includes things related to self-image and the like, e.g. "Rate threads". This type occurs mainly on /b/, /soc/ and /r9k/.

Meta-discussion is also self-explanatory. While it counts as off-topic on most boards, it's allowed on a few such as /qa/.
I wasn't sure what I was supposed to call a category that include irrelevant shit and spam so I just came up with Cacothreads since caco means bad.

Some suggestions:
-I think you can remove "Static content" and let the subgroups branch directly from Content sharing.
-Add the new branch "Text-based content" above Information sharing
-Story threads should be changed to Storytelling, which you should put under the new branch "Text-based content"
-Move Blogs under Storytelling

Please share any thoughts on this.
2/2
>>
Not an argument
>>
>>1487133
>>1487136
Thanks for the serious response.
I'll look into this with more detail in a second since I'm in bed on my phone.
>>
>>1487133
cacothreads, lmao
>>
>>1487133
I think the general principle of that is correct but the concept of spamming, and discussion share a similar node of communication.
Probably the top L node will have to be changed to a more broad term to encompass both spam and discussion.

Also, I believe that requests are a form of sharing.
The goal of your request is a call for others to share info with you.
I don't see why it shouldn't be placed under the sharing node.

I like your sub-nodes under discussion though
>>
>>1489677
>general principle
I mean I agree with the specifics.

The goal of this IMO is to encompass everything that has been done on imageboards under a tree that others can add to if the wish.
>>
>>1489677
>The goal of your request is a call for others to share info with you.
Makes sense, requests go under Content sharing then. Should it be called Solicited sharing, or just requests?
>Probably the top L node will have to be changed to a more broad term to encompass both spam and discussion.
I know there's a difference between "benevolent" spam and regular, spammy spam. But spam is different from both Discussion and Media Sharing, I don't see why you would want to put it together with the former when the premises behind those are completely different. Any Discussion thread is for discussion and any Media Sharing thread is for sharing media. Spam on 4chan is most commonly used to suppress other user's posts/threads. It doesn't belong with discussion.
>>
File: Thread Typology.png (308KB, 4604x658px) Image search: [Google]
Thread Typology.png
308KB, 4604x658px
>>1491433
Thanks for the input.
I'll put more details into it and then see about refining it into something good looking

https://ghostbin.com/paste/jkjzb
>>
>>1491942
yo this is excellent, very well set up.

If you polish it a litttle I can see this getting popular pretty fast

>>1475105
I have had this idea in my head: We should make a clear line between general forums and hobby forums. It could potentially solve the board culture problem

>What is the point of joining a “general” forum?

Humans are social creatures and require a form of social validation or interaction, whatever you name it. In lack of real life social interaction, people are more than happy to see digital interaction as valid.

Digital interaction has the potential to be valid as fuck, but there's more risk involved imo
>>
>>1475107
>The anonymous imageboard or textboard has the special ability to be essentially timeliness

I disagree. In an established forum with a normal sized community (aka not massive places like reddit or classical forums like gaia online) you could post a 10 years old injoke and you are guaranteed to have someone recognize it

In an imageboard, you post something from 2012 and at best someone who read about it on kym would comment on it. Anonymous imageboards has this "quirk" to them where they forget their own history.

Some of the old guard proponents of western IBs (most namely, Shii and some of our oldest mods and users) think this behaviour is ideal for IBs, but the last years and the rise of the IB archives have proven them wrong - they turne dout to be net benefits.

>>1476308
In order to assign objective values to a post you need to have well defined boundaries for them. Many of 4chan's rules are extremely vague and some rule breaking attitudes so rarely moderated people's perception is that they are actually allowed.
>>
>>1491942
"Classic" discussion is a subjective concept.

If possible, separate classic discussion into the following

->Topical Discussion or Communal Discussion - Anything the community of a board come up with (ie: board culture and people creating context from board culture, such as /int/'s thick as fuck banter in-jokes) that isn't necessarily social or meta in nature
->Hobby Discussion - self-explanatory

We could make a case for board culture being a subject of text based content creation too.

There's also another thing: You could create a new category of discussion threads should be created to fin in personal gratification - posting to get a reaction from the board ie: trolls and nutcases who think they are on a mission. They could be a subset of socialization centric discussion.

ie:
Socialization-Centric Threads
->One-Sided Gratification Threads / Social Cacothreads
->-> Trolling (actively uses infuriating / toxic attitudes to cause a reaction)
->-> Griefing (actively tries to end discussion on a topic via flooding, cp spamming, etc, etc)
->Community Commentary / General socialization ("hey who went to X event, what did you think" "I'm doing X thing, whatcha think")
>>
>>1474762
>>
A US Navy supercarrier was teaching a class on Freedom of Navigation, a known imperialist concept.

”Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship AirSea Battle and accept that it is the most revolutionary doctrine military affairs has ever known, even greater than the People's War!”

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, PLAN shore battery who had conducted over 1500 test launches and understood the necessity of building new islands and fully supported all military decision made by the Politburo stood up and held up a WU-14.

”How many of these can you shoot down, gwai lo?”

The arrogant professor smirked quite Japanesely and smugly replied “All of them, you coolie peasant.”

”Wrong. Aegis has not even been tested against superior DF-21 ASBM system. The age of the carrier... is over.”

The professor was visibly shaken, and failed to acquire track or unjam her CIWS in time. She sank beneath the waves broadcasting that crocodile SOS. The same SOS American spy planes broadcast over the "reckless" PLAAF pilots (who in fact were only defending their sovereign airspace) when they bravely ram invading imperialist aircraft. There is no doubt that at this point our professor, USS Gerald R. Ford, wished she had pulled herself up by her bootstraps and become more than an obsolete weapons platform. She wished so much that she had a next-generation ASM to sink herself in embarrassment, but her own Navy had failed to deploy one!

The Taiwanese all applauded and accepted unification under one system that day. A panda named "Authoritarian Government" waddled into the room and sat down under the Chinese flag and shed a tear on the CIWS. "The East is Red" was sung several times, and Mao himself showed up and established Chinese hegemony across East Asia.

The professor lost her escorts and was mothballed the next day. She was decommissioned and sold for scrap to help service America's debt to China.
>>
Reimu...I don't get why she gets all the hate on /jp/. Touhou is just written to make her out as the destroyer, when really she's no worse than any of the 'protagonists' and a better person than most of them.

What are the main complaints? She allowed the Lunarians to rape Kaguya and used Alice to get close to Marisa?

Okay, let's get this straight. She never fucking raped Marisa. She never did it. She never did it. She never did it. She never did it. She fucked Marisa.

Let me ask you this. WHO IN THE GAME DIDN'T WANT TO FUCK MARISA? You can't even name one fucking character who didn’t want to plug her tight vag! She is the kind of bitch who will act like she doesn't want it when she really does. She'll say Ze~! while having multiple orgasms. Eirin knew this, she's a fucking man’s lady. She knows what filthy whores like Marisa want.

And there's this other big bitch you guys have with her. She supposedly used Alice to get closer to Marisa.

Objection! She was worried about her one and only precious witch. Is keeping your loved ones from heartache so wrong? When Sakuya does the same thing to Meiling it's like 'oh she's so sexy', but when Reimu does it it's wrong? She just wanted to protect Marisa. She probably was going to study magic to tighten Gensokyo's borders back up or cure Patchouli's asthma or something.

The story was written to make that faggot Sakuya look good. Objectively, Reimu is a far better character than Sakuya. At least she has the balls to take action decisively instead of dicking around like Sakuya, and if she weren't stuck with that lazy ass personality and invincible plothax she probably could have killed the entire cast. I mean, fucked.
>>
You bastards, I'll give you a hamburger if you leave those seats.
McDonald's, it should be more working class.
During mealtimes, a melee might start at the drop of a hat.
Provoked or unprovoked. That kind of atmosphere would be great.
If you've brought a woman, fuck right off.
>>
That was VIP quality!
VIP women and conquer method
* First, visitors from more please.
* All registration, write once
After the wish of the VIP We look forward to taking the immediate future to decide please.
Note high-income women members has been registered so many support you,
Personal guarantee. , But 74 percent of establishing出会えます.
* Contact person can not wait for the attack to search women like members please.
Note the color and women who may be circumstances, such as personal information questions please stop.
Useful information Useful information Useful information Useful information
latest to introduce more women registered to please your admission. → KOCHIRA
Useful information Useful information Useful information Useful information
Attack started earlier than anyone! !
All available completely free!
VIP recruit women members
>>
You don't come to McDonald's just because it says Megamac, morons.
It's Megamac!
Fucking Megamac!
There are parents and children here too. A family of four coming to McDonalds?
"All right, Papa's gonna order those Megamacs--"
Spare me. I can't watch anymore.

You bastards, I'll give you a hamburger if you leave those seats.
McDonald's, it should be more working class.
During mealtimes, a melee might start at the drop of a hat.
Provoked or unprovoked. That kind of atmosphere would be great.
If you've brought a woman, fuck right off.
>>
More than 100 stealth egg attacks baffle one Euclid homeowner and police (photos and video) EUCLID, Ohio -- An 85-year-old Euclid man's home has become the target of mysterious egging attacks that began in March 2014 and haven't stopped. The continuous onslaught of eggs has baffled police, neighbors and local government officials who have tried and failed to identify the source of the attacks that have ruined the man's home and kept his family on edge. "The accuracy is phenomenal," Albert Clemens, Sr. said. "Because almost every time when it's nice weather and they launch five or six of these at a time, they almost invariably hit the front door." Clemens green two-story house sits on the corner of Wilmore Avenue and East 210th Street. He and his wife bought the home as newlyweds about 60 years ago. Though his wife has since passed away, Clemens still lives there with his 49-year-old daughter and 51-year-old son. The house has been pelted with eggs several times a week -- sometimes more than once a day -- for the past year. The attacks always happen after dark and last around 10 minutes each. The family has been awoken as late as 2 a.m. by what sounds like the crack of a gunshot against the aluminum siding or front door. Clemens and police believe the eggs are being launched from a block or two away. The siding on the front of Clemens' home is destroyed, splattered with dried egg residue that stripped off the paint. Other than a few rogue eggs that hit nearby homes, no other neighbors have been targeted. "Somebody is deeply, deeply angry at somebody in that household for some reason," Euclid Lt. Mitch Houser said. Winter offered a short respite for the family, as the egging became less frequent during the cold weather. But both Clemens and police anticipate the attacks picking back up as the snow and ice thaw. An unsolved mystery Euclid police have not taken the investigation lightly.
>>
Nobody has come forward with any tips.
"The person or people who are doing it have remained very tight-lipped apparently," Houser said.

"I would imagine it would be hard to keep a secret of something that had been done hundreds of times and for nobody to step forward to talk about it." The guilty parties don't appear to be intimidated by police interest in the case.

An officer last year was taking a report when a barrage of eggs was launched at the house.

One hit him in the foot. Houser said he's never seen this level of vandalism in his 20 years of police work.

It's frustrated the whole department, which has dedicated hundreds of hours toward solving the egging mystery.

"The man hours put into that investigation were huge and one of the reasons it's so frustrating that we don't have somebody right now that we can criminally charge," Houser said.

The culprits will face charges of felony vandalism and criminal damaging, Houser said.

Additional charges could be tacked on if investigators find evidence that the attacks are a hate crime.

The search continues Clemens is waiting until the perpetrators are caught before he repairs the tarnished siding.

His insurance company is refusing to settle a claim until the guilty party is found.

He said he used to clean up after each attack, but it became so frequent that he couldn't keep up.

Police initially offered a $500 reward for information, but bumped it up to $1,000 after nobody came forward.

That money is still up for grabs. "We're not going to let it go," Houser said.

"We'll continue to put effort into it until we figure something out."

Despite all the torment, Clemens said he'd never consider moving from his beloved home. "I like the neighborhood," Clemens said. "I like the city of Euclid. I would live and die in this house -- but it's been kind of a nightmare."
>>
>>1493828
Gonna leave it for a while, come back to it later again on thread death.
>>
>>1491942
keep good work
>>
>>1474762
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.