[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the goal of an image board? What is the end game of individuals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

What is the goal of an image board?
What is the end game of individuals who use 4chan?
In my opinion it's entertainment.
Thread makers have the goal of providing entertainment to the people on the board. While someone from /pol/ might tell you that the goal of threads is to cause change, but he is wrong for 4chan is a form of socialization on the net.
Entertainment can come in many forms, from arguing about drama to discussing string theory, yet at the heart of it the goal of a 4chan user is to find some form of entertainment in their lives.
>>
Blow it out your ass
>>
File: 0 (6).png (327KB, 296x890px) Image search: [Google]
0 (6).png
327KB, 296x890px
>>1397951
In a way threads like >>1397949 are entertainment as well, however it's quite unconventional way.
Not many will understand the entertainment of destroying a thread that they did not enjoy.
Much like popping a pimple.
>>
>>1397951
>>
>>1397951
>What is the goal of an image board?
To provide dynamic discussion and fun where the strongest and most creative threads survive and the shit gets pushed off the board, it doesn't work in practice though.
>What is the end game of individuals who use 4chan?
My own goal is to nitpick and argue over the smallest things that people disagree with me on in the hopes that they'll leave forever.
>>
>>1398222
>My own goal...
Sarcasm?
I like fun threads. I got over arguing on the Internet at 20.
>>
>>1398253
Kinda, I wish certain people would fuck off but I just keep it to myself instead of shitposting about it, I just want to enjoy myself.
>>
>>1397951
>>
>>1397951
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.