[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I do about a libcuck college professor who won't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 26

File: tau crucifix.jpg (101KB, 566x381px) Image search: [Google]
tau crucifix.jpg
101KB, 566x381px
What should I do about a libcuck college professor who won't stop running his fucking mouth?

It's a college course on history in the Middle Ages. We're only 3 days into the course and this guy will NOT shut the fuck up about Catholicism.

I'm Catholic, and obviously this offends me. Normally I wouldn't care, I'm not an SJW fascist who cries when his feelings get hurt.

But seriously, this is a history class, a class based on facts. And yet he has calling the Pope the Antichrist, he has claimed that the Middle Ages were a time of zero thinking or rational thought (which is bullshit) because of the strangehold on the Church, and he is teaching people that monks in monasteries burnt any books they found that they didn't agree with.

He then went on to say how Christianity is a superstition and that Pope Benedict resigned because he was so fed up with corruption in the Catholic Church (which is horseshit, he resigned for medical reasons)

Like I said, normally I can deal with this shit, but we're only three days into this course and it is literally an indoctrination camp on hating Christians (while he's focusing on the Catholic Church, he has also said that all Christians everywhere are guilty of burning people alive, destroying books, being corrupt, etc etc)

If I don't do something, I'm going to bunch this fat fucking loudmouth right in his teeth. Should I talk to the university or what?

Also, he said that there is no historical evidence for Christ and that it's based off of lies that have fooled people for thousands of years. Even if you don't believe in Christ's miracles and stuff, you're a fucking idiot if you don't "believe" the historical evidence for the existence of Jesus.
>>
Call him out in class. Ask his source info and then refute it if not credible.
>>
Jesus was a black Jew
>>
>>61102144
I'm supposed to ask for his source info on calling the Church corrupt and the Pope the Antichrist? I don't think he cares about facts, he just wants to indoctrinate people.

Plus, it's not like I want to just shut him up, because he'll keep doing it. I'm fine with putting up with his shit and getting this class over with, but there will be hundreds of students after me who don't know any better and will graduate genuinely believing that Christians are to blame for everything evil.

This guy is a disgrace to historians and academia, I want him fired, or at least officially reprimanded and warned by the university to quit running his fat mouth on shit he knows nothing about.
>>
File: shrimp.jpg (46KB, 450x410px) Image search: [Google]
shrimp.jpg
46KB, 450x410px
Pick just one topic on which you know he is definitely wrong ( Challenging him on his entire worldview would be futile and end bady).
Research it well so you know it itnside out
Go up to him after class and talk to him along the lines of:
"I heard this and this so I researched it further and came up with this, this and this so I think ..."
Try to talk about that one with him about just that one topic you picked. Maybe you are lucky and you will actually have an interesting discussion with the guy which will also be good for your grade.

If he just cuts you off and is a retard about the facts you researched and doesnt want to talk, just let it go and next time that topic comes up in class challenge him on it if possible.
>>
>>61101775
>Offends me

You're shitposting in the wrong board
>>
>>61101775
Conservatism and traditionalism are not about disrupting a class so that can feel good about yourself for ten seconds.
Be a good student, get an A, tell him what he wants to hear, keep the faith.
>>
>>61101775
What uni
>>
>>61102446
m8, this guy also claims that anything with a Pulitzer Prize means it's basically infallible. He claimed Guns, Germs, and Steel was a brilliant book.

I don't think there's any arguing with this guy. And again, I don't want to just shut him up and put him in his place, because come next semester he'll just repeat the same shit with another group of students. And the ones who don't know any better will believe him.

The university needs to do something about people like this. It's not that he's being offensive, there are plenty of ways to offend Christians (or anyone for that matter) with facts. But he is blatantly spreading disinformation. He doesn't deserve his job.
>>
>>61102446
I mean don't be offensive right away. Let him think that his shitty class actually got you thinking and doing your own research but that you came to different conclusions.

Likely hes narcissistic and will be more receptive that way.
>>
>>61101775
Tell him Jesus did nothing wrong, and that you will pray for his soul.
>>
>>61102605
I told you, I don't care if he offends me. I care that he's spreading blatant lies and passing them off as fact.
>>61102661
I don't want to disrupt the class. I want the university to officially tell him to stop spreading propaganda or they're going to fire him.
>>
>>61101775
Why do you care what trash thinks of Catholicism? Either drop the course, or just write what he wants to read. Given his wildly inaccurate historical references and tendencies to slander, his opinion on your choice of religion should mean less to you than the opinion of a rat. There is no need to let someone beneath you get so underneath your skin.
>>
File: 1404309885983.gif (3MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1404309885983.gif
3MB, 384x288px
>>61102707
He's extremely narcissistic, so maybe that will work. On our first day he blathered on for a solid 20 minutes about how he went to Johns Hopkins and Columbia and said, verbatim:
"If I present something to you, you will understand that this is not my opinion: this is a fact. I am a world expert on my field of study and you will treat me as such."

Then he went on a rant that if he sees anyone using an e-book or laptop or any electronic device in his class to study he will fail them for the course because they are "inferior modes of study."

The guy is on a massive fucking ego trip.
>>
>>61102862
As I've said like 5 times, I do not give a shit about his opinions on Catholicism.

I give a shit that this man is in a position of power and that every time he teaches this class every semester, probably 20-30 people are walking away from it legitimately believing that Christians are the most evil force in the world. And these people are aspiring historians. I'm guessing he's pissy that most historians realize what a positive impact Christianity has had and so he's trying to undo that by making more anti-Christian historians.
>>
File: 1435040530530.png (84KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1435040530530.png
84KB, 600x600px
>>61102144

A student can in no way try to undermine a tutor. He will be opening a huge can of worms and it could jeopardize not just his Uni career but this entire future. You should keep your fool mouth shut unless you're trying to fuck him over.

OP, kep your powder dry and talk to either your Pastor or Priest. Ask their advice. Take notes as to what this guy is saying and, if you can record him, ideally on video. if you're serious about wanting this guy to suffer some consequences you may have to bite your tongue till you graduate. if you try and nail him to the wall while you're still in Uni his colleagues will circle the wagons and the entire University faculty will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

Remember, the current curriculum across the developed world's educational sector is to corrupt and, if possible, utterly eradicate Religion and God from the social consciousness. It's no longer 2016AD but 2016CE, the person of Jesus is now a myth and we are no longer spiritual emanations but consumers who must consume.

Play the long game if you can and just tow the line for now until you're safely graduated, then nail that fucker to the wall.
>>
>>61101775
Here's what you gonna do
You need to aknowledge that your shitty christian education made you dumb as a brick and that you're billions of light years away from understanding any spiritual concept. Church stopped us from evolving for centuries and it's still doing it judging by faggots like you.
Really. Kill yourself. Christ is a beautiful thing, you're just fucking stupid.
>>
>>61102446
>>61102702
>I don't think there's any arguing with this guy. And again, I don't want to just shut him up and put him in his place, because come next semester he'll just repeat the same shit with another group of students. And the ones who don't know any better will believe him.

In that case still try what the guy said but record the conversation.
If you confront him with generally accepted scientific data and he tells you to suck it because his opinion maybe you'll have something against him with that recording.

but still I think the chances of doing something to the guy in terms of job will be unlikely because academic circles love bashing christianity. Its basically official curriculum
>>
>>61101775
Bring your own facts, don't let him say one goddamn thing without questioning it and providing your own proof
>>
My religions teacher who taught his class with the presumption that Christianity is correct and that no one can teach neutrally, got literally fired when muslims went full jihad. Do the same thing, throw a fit, get the media involved and get a bunch of soccer moms behind you. The board will pussy and fire said teacher because its on Fox News. Here's one of hos writings on Islam.

http://capro.info/wp-content/uploads/Islam/PDFs/The_Cult_of_Islam.pdf
>>
>>61102666

Don't identify yourself or your Uni here.
>>
>>61101775
he's right tho

go christian, the only right way to God
>>
>>61101775
Kill him.
>>
Just drop out of college and go to a community college to learn an actual skill. 4 Years of SJW brainwashing is not worth any money to other people. Get a CDL or something..
>>
>>61101775
>Pope the Antichrist
Current one is debatable.
>>
>>61103260
It will have to come to that eventually for all of the traitors in positions of influence
>>
File: 1418700562681.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1418700562681.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
>>61103174
see
>>61103087

I don't think you understand what happens to students who speak out against their professors. Professors are allowed to fail you and recommend you for expulsion for literally no reason other than they don't like you. And if you read my other posts, you'll see this guy is an egotistical maniac, and I wouldn't put it above him to try to destroy my career before it even starts.
>>61103100
pic related
>>61103087
Yeah this Sunday I'm going to talk to my priest about it and see what he recommends. Like I said, I don't mind being offended. It's just the fact that this guy is in a position of power to mold students' minds that frightens me.
>>61103185
I don't want to do this publicly. The guy is an idiotic asshole, but I don't want to embarrass him. And I don't necessarily want to cost him his job. I just want this to be a quiet, in house thing where the uni formally reprimands him and tells him not to do it again.
>>
>>61101775
this is probably why college professors got paid higher 20-50 years ago, they tried to present a balanced, non-egotistical viewpoint on any field of research. Nowadays most professors are like "wow wow, look at me", "I did this".."I believe in this"..."You should believe in this"

>OP please stop being a little bitch, you will meet people in the real world who have different viewpoints, Some you can listen to, some you're allowed to ignore. You probably hate atheists like your professor hates catholics? Did i just pop your balloon?
>>
But he's right. Your religion is fairytale and you're a dumb fuck for believing in it
>>
>>61101775
>No historical evidence of Christ

Is he a moron, a communist, a feminist, or a retard?

Does he understand historical analysis? I'm not talking about just the Bible.

Roman Tacitus
Jewish Josephus
Julius Africanus
Historian Thallus
Pliny the Younger
Babylonian Talmud
Lucian of Samosata greek writer
Mara Bar Serapion
Letters of Paul

Jesus existed. Historians already PROVED he existed. Historians agree that he did. Just like Alexander the Great etc.

To try to debate wether he existed is like trying to debate if Alexander the Great existed or Caesar.

>Although there is "near universal consensus" among scholars that Jesus existed historically,[6][3][7][nb 1][nb 2][nb 3][nb 4

>Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed historically,[f] and historians consider the Synoptic Gospels (Matthew, Mark and Luke) to be the best sources for investigating the historical Jesus.[19][20][21][22] Most scholars agree that Jesus was a Galilean, Jewish rabbi[23] who preached his message orally,[24] was baptized by John the Baptist, and was crucified by the order of the Roman Prefect Pontius Pilate..

ALL muslims, and jews agree he existed too.
There's MORE evidence Jesus existed than there is that Socrates existed.
>>
Study up on Catholic history and refute him. It's part of your faith to defend it against libel.

He will bring up the inquisition, tell him the facts behind it and the reconquista. Argue with facts and avoid emotion.
>>
>>61101775
Leave him to it but redpill ur classmates slowly over a beer in the pub

You want to win with this idiot or prevent him retarding another generation
>>
>>61101775
College Professor, History Course.
There's your problem.
Professors are 99% trash is they're not in the STEM fields. I mean, what else could they do with their Major in History and Minor in Ethnic Studies besides shill for their version of how they wish history occurred.
>>
File: 1436674283259.jpg (213KB, 1101x980px) Image search: [Google]
1436674283259.jpg
213KB, 1101x980px
>>61103478
>I don't want to do this publicly

You have no idea how a thing like this could develop. What you "want" is neither here nor there, what avenues are open to you will dictate how events unfold. There will be a complaints procedure and you must follow it. You have NO power, you have NO influence, you have NO credibility AND you have EVERYTHING to lose. If it transpires that he loses his job, GOOD! It will be lesson to his fucking crony colleagues and the Educational establishment. Dawkins recently came out to say Christianity is a Bulwark to Islam so I sense a turning of the tide may be near. You could light the fuse that OP but remember WHO YOU ARE. Right now you're a spotty fucking no-one and they could squash you like a bug if they find out what you're trying to do. Keep your faith, Pray, and know that we are all a part of the Masterplan.
>>
>>61103604
Fuck off, fedora. I don't give a shit about atheists.

This guy is literally teaching and presenting as fact that: the Catholic Church is the most morally bankrupt and corrupt institution on the planet, there is absolutely no historical evidence of Jesus, Christian monks burned any piece of information they found that they didn't like, and that the Middle Ages were a time of "stupid superstition, one which unfortunately has not yet been eradicated" and that Christianity is evil and the Pope is the antichrist

He is presenting these as fact, with no disclaimer that they're simply the opinions of a loudmouthed prick who knows nothing.
>>61103620
He's a communist. Between his rants about Christians, he rants about Republicans and calls them idiots. He took about 5-10 minutes out of lecture yesterday to talk about why Donald Trump is an idiot.

This class is over Middle Age European history and I think we've honestly talked about the Middle Ages for about 30 minutes in the past 4 hours of lecture.
>>
>>61101775
The solution is easy
Just video tape every lecture with your webcam, isolate all the bullshit remarks, cut together a nice video of him being a giant assbucket and lets make that shit viral. Throw his personal info in at the end of the vid and he'll have a couple million christians raging on his ass
>>
>>61103662

Don't
Don't
Don't

this shit heel is trying to get you in trouble, fuck this guy
>>
File: 3602842124_c2cdc49a29_o.jpg (47KB, 441x264px) Image search: [Google]
3602842124_c2cdc49a29_o.jpg
47KB, 441x264px
>>61103620
>galilean
>jewish rabbi
Wrong. Jesus was White.

Egyptian depictions of the Israelites showed them with red, blond, or sometimes black hair, and then often blue eyes (Canaan And Canaanite in Ancient Egypt, by Alessandra Nibbi, 1989, UK). They were described as appearing no different from Greeks (Josephus' Antiquities 12.5.1), and King David was described as ruddy (1 Sam. 16:12). Esau, the grandson of Abraham, and the brother of Jacob, the progenitor of the Israelites had red hair (Genesis 25:25).
(Pictured: Residents of Galilee from the time of Christ from Mosaic found in Sepphoris)

“My beloved is white and ruddy, chosen out of thousands. His head is as the finest gold: his locks as branches of palm trees, black as a raven.” Song of Songs 5:10-11

“Her Nazarites were whiter than snow, purer than milk, more ruddy than the old ivory, fairer than the sapphire.” Lamentations 4:7

Dead sea scrolls apocryphal description of Sarah (Abraham's wife):

"“Her skin was pure white;
'She had long lovely hair;
Her limbs were smooth and rounded (her thighs were shapely)
'She had slender legs and small feet;
'Her hand were slim and long and so were her fingers.”

Apocryphal description of Noah, from the book of Enoch, chapter 106:

"2. And his body was white as snow and red as the blooming of a rose, and the hair of his head †and his long locks were white as wool, and his eyes beautiful†. And when he opened his eyes, he lighted up the whole house like the sun, and the whole house was very bright. 3. And thereupon he arose in the hands of the midwife, opened his mouth, and †conversed with† the Lord of righteousness. 4. (no space for verse). 5. And he said unto him: 'I have begotten a strange son, diverse from and unlike man, and resembling the sons of the God of heaven; and his nature is different and he is not like us, and his eyes are as the rays of the sun, and his countenance is glorious."
>>
>>61103969

This could be the fat cherry on the top. I'd like to live to see that.
>>
>>61103711
My other history profs are pretty cool. One I'm pretty sure is an atheist but he doesn't try to disprove religion because he says:
>You can't disprove things that in turn have no evidence, because you have no counterpoints to make. So whether or not Jesus Christ died and was resurrected, or whether or not Muhammed spoke to Allah, or whether or not Buddha fasted for 10 years is irrelevant to history
He takes a really comical, quasi-nihilist position on lots of things, which is entertaining and kinda puts things in perspective.

So I would have no problem if this prof in question had that viewpoint, but he's just being a prick.
>>
>>61102702
>He claimed Guns, Germs, and Steel was a brilliant book.

Haha
You can beat him in an argument easy then.

I don't necessarily think the Catholic Church is what /pol/ makes it out to be, though. I'm rather critical of Catholicism but I know the type of professor retard you're describing.

Is he an adjunct or ?
>>
>>61103932
Drop the course. If this guy is literally just using his position as a platform for stroking his ego, don't waste your time. Drop his class, get into one with a different Prof.
Or you could record his garbage lectures and tangents and turn them over to the dean with a statement about why you refuse to pay for a class that is the equivalent of watching telivision news.
>>
>>61104128
Not sure, I think he's an adjunct professor, yes. He's been teaching at my uni for about 20 years, he says.

And yeah I've got no problem with critics of Catholicism, I'm always happy to have a discussion. But having a discussion with this guy would be the equivalent of talking to a guy plugging his ears and going LALALALALALA.

Also, I'm pretty sure he's on Jared Diamond and Stephen Greenblatt's payroll, because he constantly talks about how amazingly perfect they are, how they are renowned historians who will go down in history like Polybius and Arrian, and how we need to go out and buy every book they've ever had and read it. There's no way this guy doesn't get paid for these plugs.
>>61104173
It's a required course and he's the only one that teaches it, lel.
>>
>>61101775
Record him and if he's really THAT bad then show it to the dean or whoever is his boss. If he sucks at his job, and it sounds like he does, then he should be fired. You can't teach blatantly wrong history and keep your job
>>
>>61103932
>Someone has a different viewpoint
>Whines about it on a internet website
>go read a book, or study
>>
File: 1435295082430.jpg (201KB, 426x617px) Image search: [Google]
1435295082430.jpg
201KB, 426x617px
>>61104117

This might sound crazy but no matter how much you like or respect one or any of your tutors, you can't rust them in this situation. They ALL know which side their bread is buttered and they will betray you and hound you out of Uni if you threaten the career of a colleague.

NEVER FORGET

You are one of a vast number who year in, year out trundle into their place of work conveyor like and they will be nice to all of you and talk about you viciously to their colleagues. I went to Uni as a mature student and they fucking hated me because I could see them and they could see I could see them.

It didn't end well for me and all I did was to offer defenses for God, Christianity and Organised Religion.
>>
You could go to the university with a bomb attached to yourself and yell Deus Vult! while blowing yourself and your shitty professor, you will then go to heaven
>>
>>61104441
This has to be b8. This guy is deliberately teaching demonstrably false information as fact because he knows most college students won't go out and actually research and make up their own opinions. You sound like an angsty fedora who wants to hear anything that confirms his viewpoint that "HURR CHRISTFAGS ARE RETARDED DURR"
>>
>>61103969
This or a variant, it's not hard OP.
>>
>>61103969
OP do this.
>Wait long enough with releasing the vid so he wont know it was you. And don't tell people IRL that you're doing it.

Will be great. Most importantly post it on /pol/

Plot twist: Tell him you love his lectures and ask whether you can record them in full for your youtube channel.

Than an 'anonymous' other youtuber can upload a bullshit-compilation :)
>>
>>61102788
Ask them to do so. Fight fire with fire
>>
>>61104528
>angsty fedora

hehehe. I bet you're super easy to tease in real life.
Stop being a little bitch
>drop the class, sign up for it next semester with a different teacher retard
>"Hurr hurr chirtfags are retarded durr"
>>
>>61101775

>University should be a hugbox where my views are never challenged
>I am entitled to have my professors never say shit I disagree with
>I am going to university even though I think I know better than the people who spend all of their time studying this shit

Little turds like you are the reason the American university is garbage.
>>
>>61104546
And if I do that they'll quickly find out who posted it and expel me for "distributing privileged classroom information on the internet" or some retarded legal loophole like that.
>>61104658
This is a better choice, that way I would have his permission. But I don't want to wait like 10 years to burn this asshole, by that time he will have indoctrinated another 10,000 people to be Muslim worshiping libcucks just like him.

Yeah that was another thing I forgot to mention, he rails constantly on Catholics and yet has not mentioned a single fucking word on Islam and Europe during the Middle Ages. Not a single fucking word.
>>
>>61104528
tradCat here

Keep your head down and your mouth closed. That kike in charge will ruin your life if given an opportunity, and you won't get anything more than a moment's satisfaction.
>>
File: 1404059360151.jpg (58KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1404059360151.jpg
58KB, 479x720px
>>61104709
>can't read the thread
>>61104365

It's a required course, he's the only prof that teaches it, and that doesn't solve the problem of him indoctrinating other students.
>>
Fight fire with fire. Do what people who manage to get power do. Get your teacher eliminated. Not killed but get a woman on campus, maybe a friend and make up a fake rape story on how she was raped by the teachers. The idiot sheep known as sjws will side with the girl. Get this marxist out of here.
>>
>>61104441
I don't like the church either but OP is right. False information being taught in "academic" institutions is what /pol/ should help fight
>>
>>61101775

catholics are piles of shit
the entire catholic religion is invalid heresy boyfucking cult

fuck off back to your sub level of monarchy you philipino transvestite
>>
>>61104365
Required course with only one Professor. Sounds like someone got a sweetheart deal to secure their tenured position.
Shit like that is why college is a fucking joke.
Just give us this guys staff e-mail or something so we can sign him up for a bunch of inappropriate mailing lists and accounts on free cam sites.

He sounds like a real cunt.
>>
>>61101775
>Grow beard
>Wear towel on head
>Yell "Allahu Akbar" every time an insult to Catholicism is made
>When he asks you not to do that, report him to the dean for Islamaphobia.
>>
>>61104791
He teaches blatantly false information and presents it as fact, what don't you fedoras get about this? I thought you guys loved facts?

I have other profs who have been critical on Christianity that I did not have a problem with because they provided evidence. This retard makes statements like "The Catholic Church is the most corrupt religious institution on the planet" and "there is no historical evidence of Jesus" and "monks burnt every book they didn't agree with."

All of these things are patently false, and yet he says they're fact anyways.
>>
Get him involved with a fake rape story with a female friend. His ass is grass.
>>
>>61101775
Yawn really loud when he talks non sense and smack your lips really loud.
>>
>>61101775
Record lecture, email to Dean with "Am I really paying thousands of dollars to listen to a lecture not based on fact but based on conjecture?"
>>
>>61101775
>he is teaching people that monks in monasteries burnt any books they found that they didn't agree with
This is true, though. Not only monks, but the more mainstream clerical instututions, as well as individual nobles who weren't part of the clergy but were just as fanatical. Look at the actions of the Church in the middle ages with respect to dissenting opinion; it wasn't tolerated, and any views (written or spoken) that deviated from the official doctrine even slightly were declared heretical.
>>
File: 1452660840738.jpg (506KB, 745x706px) Image search: [Google]
1452660840738.jpg
506KB, 745x706px
>>61101775
Carry your cross bro

Stand up and tell him he is wrong in the middle of class and that God will forgive him of his blasphemy but only if he repents

You cannot debate or reason with someone this hardened

Just smile and tell him he is still a child of God and let him have a tantrum
>>
if it's anything like my college they probably only have one professor that teaches/specializes in that area of history/time period.

>tfw I had an old Jewish woman teaching medieval history and when a sjw fedora went off about muh ebil church she set him straight pretty hard.
>>
Luke 6:27-36
>>
>>61101775
you're an idiot. most college classes allow discussion, especially history courses. Catholicism is a big topic for discussion in a Middle Ages course

he's also right about christianity and historical evidence for jesus is refuted by a lot of historians that are actual historians and not wikipedia editors
>>
Without Catholic monks ancient Greek and Roman manuscripts would be lost to us as they were the ones that rewrote them and recorded them. I took a class like this once and it was awful because they were a bunch of raging atheists that said they weren't really Christians but pagans instead. Hm, I suppose it's a protestant thing to say as well.

>>61103087
This. It's a dumb idea to rock the boat...just agree with them. You're in a powerless position.
>>
File: cover.jpg (34KB, 293x448px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
34KB, 293x448px
Have him read this book

He will immediately get BTFO in terms of his claim that nothing intellectual happened in the medieval period.
>>
>>61105066
Provide a single fucking source that monks burnt books they didn't agree with.

They did not go out of their way to burn the last remaining copy of some classical text on philosophy or something.

They would simply refuse to transcribe it into a new manuscript, ensuring that it would be ignored for the next several hundred years.

I'm not saying there weren't things that the Catholic Church DID order to have burned (like the teachings of heretical religious leaders) but claiming they went out of their way to destroy, for example, history books dating from classical Rome because HURP DE DURP WE'RE DUMB CHRISTIANS is asinine.
>>
>>61101775
If you're concerned about academic integrity, make an anonymous request to whatever office takes care of AI at your university. Request that someone sits in on a few random classes so they can assess for themselves
>>
File: 1452530550987.jpg (1MB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
1452530550987.jpg
1MB, 3508x2480px
>>61105226
>he's also right about christianity and historical evidence for jesus is refuted by a lot of historians that are actual historians and not wikipedia editors
No, it's not.

There is more evidence for Jesus being a historical person than there is for Plato or Socrates. I'm not talking about the miracles, I'm talking about simply a man named Jesus who existed.

And yeah, I'll get right on having a discussion with a man who presents blatant lies. Did you read the shit he says? He's a maniac.
>>
>>61101775
hes spot on about catholics. they are the a blight on humanity.

attacking protestants is pretty standard though. we are the hate-sponges of the world. we get it out of their system ;)
>>
Just record the class with his permission.
If hes as narcissistic as you say he will consent if you tell him its because you like his class.

>put youtube
>"somebody else" creates a compilation of his lies
>buy 100k views on the compilation youtube video (cheap as fuck)
>email youtube link to dean
>dean thinks asshat is giving the college massive bad rep on intertubes

-> no wating 10 years required
>>
>>61105302
My mistake, I wasn't aware you (or rather, your professor) were talking about them burning any old historical or philosophical books. You just said "anything...they didn't agree with", which I took to mean materials promoting theologically or socially subversive texts. If the former is the case, then that's obviously retarded and not true.
>>
File: Augustin-Louis_Cauchy_1901.jpg (47KB, 280x388px) Image search: [Google]
Augustin-Louis_Cauchy_1901.jpg
47KB, 280x388px
>>61101775
You need to read the writings of Francisco Suarez, a Spanish Jesuit from the end of the MIddle Ages. Obviously, the guy just doesn't like Catholics or Christians. Tell him of the consequences of the enlightenment era and how the Soviet Regime was its crowning event. The guy obviously enjoys cherry-picking. Show him that you can play the game as well. Is the Liberalism we experience today, where feminists and gays lambaste conservatives over trifles any better? Is our consumer society any healthier than the society of the Middle Ages? If he tells you "but muh science", you should proceed to tell him of the significance of religious persons in the history of Science, from Mathematics to Physics. I think this should be a time for you to grow as a critical thinker, and see through his fallacies with logic and grace. Good luck anon.
Pic related.
>>
File: 1449720463785.jpg (37KB, 420x408px) Image search: [Google]
1449720463785.jpg
37KB, 420x408px
>>61105546
POO IN LOO, RAJ
>>
Why can none of this shit ever happen to me?

I would play liberal guilt cards on him

>my family was saved by the Catholic Church from the Mayan Genocide in Guatemala, I will claim he supports the Genocide of the Native People when the Church was the only thing stopping the fucking Iberian fucktards from working us to death
>claim he is triggering me and call him a racist for supporting the genocide of the Indians
>get the media involved and destroy his career and anyone who tries to save him
>>
>>61105546
pajeet has a point op, don't sperg out in class, just hold his teachings up to the world and let the free marketplace of ideas have at it.
>>
>>61105599
Yeah, sorry. I should have made that more clear.

Like I said, I'm not denying that the Church burnt differing theological viewpoints, or that we burned Proddies (kek).

I think the Church needs to own up to these mistakes and learn from them.

But this guy is in love with the "Christians ruin everything" meme.
>>
>>61101775
Video him, post on YouTube and after every point he makes- edit in your evidence that refutes him. Share with class anonymously and see if it causes him to answer your information.
>>
>>61101775

He says something wrong, you debate it and win the debate if you're right. Embarrass him in front of the entire class.

The key though is not actually giving that much of a fuck. If you start sperging it ends badly .
>>
>>61104893

fuck man
that is fucking scary

hope the justice system is smart enough to see beyond shit like this

are they?
>>
>>61105723
On the genocide I was talking about is the recent one from the 80's.
My grandparents/father were saved by a black Catholic missionary from Belize who helped them get refugee status in Mexico.
>>
>>61101775
Go to the dean about it. He'll straighten out that fedoralord.
>>
>>61105900
Our dean is a woman.

I don't know anything about her or her ideals but that fact alone already leads me to believe that she cares little about academic integrity.
>>
Just ask if he then also deems the Islam as cancer.

If not, he's a naive cuckling
>>
>>61105960
Kek 99% chance you're right unfortunately
>>
>>61105801
>hope the justice system is smart enough to see beyond shit like this
nah happens all the time

But /pol/ should not endorse degenerate tactics. Those are the enemies weapons
>>
>>61101775
Just put up with it for now. There's no point in sacrificing your grades just to stick it to some self-hating commie pinko "academic". Just act like a leftist in school and when you graduate, then you can fuck them over.
>>
>>61105264
>modern science
>not a result of ancient greece
>>
>>61101775
I'll beat the shit out of this liberal faggot for 200 bucks and a 1/5 of Jacky D.
>>
>>61104365
>an adjunct professor

Does he have office hours? If no, he is an adjunct. Find a Catholic minority in the class, befriend him, and try to get him to agree with your shit. Once you have him in your grasp, get him to tell the professor to stop because he is doing blatant micro-agressions on Catholic minorities. He probably won't stop, that's your cue to go to the dean with your friend.
In order to beat the Jew, you must fight like the Jew.
You'll thank me later.
>>
>>61105960
What. Good women exist, but I understand your hesitation.

The thing to do should be to play on her emotions. Tell her about how offended you are and how it makes you feel unsafe.
You could even make it anonymous and claim to be a black woman.

Even if that doesn't work, you go to the Board of Directors and tell them about your teacher's behavior.
It's unacceptable.
>>
>>61101775
He's right about the church. The Christians starting at Justinian shuttered the universities and holed away classical thinking. The glory of Greco-Roman western civ was kept on ice from 500 until the 1400s when the Byzantine scholars spread throughout Europe. They didn't do much with it in the eastern empire despite preserving many documents.

The fall of the classical resurgence in the 1950s in exchange for modernism was the beginning od yet another ideology induced decline with the west departing from its roots like it did last time with the Jewish heresy known as Christianity. The west thrives in spite of Christianity, not because of it.
>>
>>61105546
This is a fantastic idea.
>>
>>61106136
I second that.
Such tactics do not befit us.
>>
>>61106167
this thinking is why degeneracy reigns
>>
>>61105801
Unfortunately not. Academia is filled with fedora tipping atheists and self-identified Marxists.
>>
>>61101775
Conservative Catholic here in Boston who is currently going through the same exact thing. Just put your head down. Get through college for yourself. You may be able to ruin your life to change this one teachers view, but thousands of others are preching that shit.
>>
>>61105408
drop the course and move on. you won't have much luck in a history program if you can't get over yourself. the point is to get a degree and get a job, worrying about "learning" or "teaching people" is fucking stupid unless you plan on making a career for yourself in academia which, from what you've said, you are completely unprepared for
>>
>>61106136
TO destroy the jews we must become the jews. Wish i had the picture on here but it is /pol/ gold.
>>
>>61106275
>The Christians starting at Justinian shuttered the universities and holed away classical thinking
Completely false.
Classical thinking wouldn't exist if the church didn't preserve Greek and Roman writings and theories. The church was a bastion of intellectualism in those times, and indeed, it was one of the only ways to develop a scholarly knowledge base.
>>
>>61105746
>"Christians ruin everything" meme
I'm not a Christfag, but I hate how much bias is present in entry-level classes and books about the middle ages. It's easy to rag on the Church as some great evil monster that had no positive effects, because it fits the popular narrative and fills up class time. At least when you get more in-depth, higher-level courses/texts dealing with a specific and narrow time period or particular facet of medieval life, the biases tend to diminish because the historians doing it aren't hacks.
>>
You sound like a pissed off muslim OP
>>
>>61105960
hand it over to God man let him take care of it. ive personally assblasted a couple fedora-tipping professors by keeping my cool and praying consistently
>>
>>61105546
This.
Or just get Hispanic to translate it into Spanish aka put subtitles.
Post on leddit and claim you are Mexican and tell them that professor was doing this despite the fact he knew it was offensive to you.
>>
>>61105408
Go.

To.

The.

Dean.

Faggot. Who cares if she as a vagina? Do it. If she doesn't do anything, go to the board of directors.
>>
>>61106210
All information would be lost if monks and the church didn't preserve this knowledge.
>>
>>61106459
I'm completely unprepared for teaching because I think it is disgusting that professors are allowed to get away with spreading lies and indoctrinating people?

What the fuck have you been smoking?
>>
Well he's a marxist piece of shit. Get up and kick his fucking teeth is!
>>
>>61102429

Calling him out and asking for a source is exactly what you should do, anon. If that doesn't work you can try going to the dean but chances are the school he works at like most universities is pretty insular.

I'm telling you this as an agnostic; if you want to defeat his viewpoint you're going to need to do it by presenting clear facts and holding his own assertions to the same standard. Your class may me not be pro-Christian but they probably think of themselves as tolerant and sensible individuals. Cater to the sensibilities of the audience to take the guy down a peg or two.

If all of this fails and you don't get anywhere remember the fact that your education and your future comes first, and that regardless of how irritating or offensive this guy's viewpoints may be, you're working towards something bigger here.

Good luck anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (145KB, 960x686px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145KB, 960x686px
>>61101775
Aren't universities supposed to be safe zones? Tell the dean/chancellor/president that the professor is spreading hate speach and that Christianity is the religion of peace. You should also contact the campus ministries about the professor, they should be able to make fuss and get something done.
>>
>>61101775
Record a lecture, bring it to the head of your department or the president of the school. If they choose not to act, bring it to the media.
>>
>>61106701
>Spreading lies and indoctrinating people
>Arguing for religion

You're a fucking idiot
>>
File: Ultramarine.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ultramarine.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>61106701

>whine about something on /pol/
>make shitty excuses for doing nothing about it
>>
>>61101775
welcome to history class, when i tried getting my high school certificate for employment reasons, i had to deal with a libcuck telling me all kinds of shit

"WW1 was the first widespread use of the machine gun"
actually miss, that was the boer war
"ww1 was caused by evil expansionist german nationalists"
Actually miss it was started by austria and serbia, over austria wanting serbian clay, german aggression had very little impact on this

and my personal favourite
"the ottoman empire was not relevant in the war, and we won't be doing any study about the situation surrounding them"

I just laughed at that one, got up, and left
>>
>>61106788
Unis are only safe zones for trannies/niggers/women/Muslims/fags/anything that isn't white, Christian, male, and heterosexual.

I am telling you this from personal experience: literally nobody gives a shit if a Christian is offended or concerned about something, even if they have a genuine reason that hurts non-Christians as well.
>>
>>61106854
Yeah, because in my OP I said I would immediately go and follow through with this right this instant, retard. I'm probably just going to go to the dean's office tomorrow.
>>
Assassate him, or I'll do it for you. Where does he live?
>>
File: 1448316536937.png (73KB, 650x850px) Image search: [Google]
1448316536937.png
73KB, 650x850px
>>61101775
Drop the class and report his to the department chair as making hateful comments against religioud denominations. Basically use the muslim/jewish playbook. Contact the head of your archdiocese. Before doing any of this, bring a gopro to class and get a bunch of offensive comments on video. Edit the worst ones together and put it on youtube with subtitles. Link this in emails to catholic groups.
>>
>>61106874
Good on ya m8

WWI was mainy caused because all these countries had secret alliances with one another that no one else knew about. After the war they all made laws so that no one could do that anymore. The Treaty of Versailles against Germany is also one of the causes of WWII. These are all accepted by historians.
>>
>>61101775
>still believing in religious hocus pocus
c'mon guys I thought it was 2016
>>
Quality American education and you guys even have to pay for that shit. You should copy Finland's education model.
>>
File: Neureichsadler.png (87KB, 1600x829px) Image search: [Google]
Neureichsadler.png
87KB, 1600x829px
Don't bother challenging him in open and public debate. When you get tests, quizzes, and assignments, use those opportunities to challenge his dogmas. So you answer a question with his "correct" answer, but attach a thoroughly-cited addendum demonstrating his expected "correct" answer is contrary to historical or other scientific fact.

Navigating the atmosphere of the modern university is fraught with pitfalls, and you have to be very careful how you defy their indoctrination. My freshman year, I got tossed from an English class for confronting our feminist professor. She constantly dragged feminism into every single class discussion and when I doubted allowed that architectural columns were deliberately designed phallicly (not joking), and asked why we would discuss such a thing in a composition class, I got thrown out. I succeeded in my academic appeal, getting the grade changed from an F to a Drop, but I learned a hard lesson. They're holding most of the cards. Make sure you consult your student handbook and every class syllabus thoroughly so you're fluent in what constitutes "disruptive" conduct.
>>
>>61102334
>jesus was black
.. nice meme but no

>jesus was a jew
probably not since if you read the bible he despited the jews so much.
Read the Bible yourself.
>>
>>61107055
>Anon, what are you doing with an HD camera strapped to your fucking head?
>Oh, you know, just... watching.
>>61107055
Read the thread. It's a required class for history majors and he's the only prof that teaches it.
>>
>>61107157
yeah, and austria being butthurt over losing most of its clay
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 500x484px
>>61106946
This triggers me
>>
>Secretly record the class
>Make a video titled proof of college indoctrination to hating christianity
>Edit in text that prooves him wrong
>Upload to youtube anonymously
>Post it to 4chan so we can see
>Hope some right wing news media people decide it's a story
>>
>>61107157
The post you are replying to was on point and what you added doesn't refute anything he said.
>>
>>61105546
great idea, sandeep. and when he's caught and kicked out of school?
>>
>>61107452
Yup, but they just had to deal with it. It's pretty interesting as an example of modern warfare and how one country brought in cavalry in the begining and the brilliant British general the meatgrinder that just threw as many soldiers as possible and hope for the best. Literally Russian tier military strat right there. Geez, now I want to go to /his/ and open up a WWI thread.
>>
>>61107267
Finland should copy the swedes immigration model
>>
>>61101775
>being religious
>>
>>61107596
This. Please oh please let this happen!
>>
>>61107691
Your point being...?
>>
>>61107274
You did the right thing nice to read about it
>>
>>61107596

Yes, and then start an activist group called the Social Jesus Warriors and tell people to check their secular privilege
>>
>>61107790
WW1 is awesome, we need more vidya garmes about it

motherfucking zepplins man
>>
>>61107337
>its required and only teacher
>read thread
I did. you're arguing 'do nothing, but OP has a choice:
>quietly tolerate anti-christian bigotry
>fight like every other group
If you do this in a way that threatens a broder PR and legal consequence, you might get offered concessions. Someone might sue on your behalf. Breitbart might hire you if you get exposure, etc. Might be a scholarship offered to a diff school where religious values are respected.
>>
Let him be wrong, let everyone be wrong. Plebs deserve to be wrong.

If you want to enact 'revenge' on him, it is because you hate him, and thus because you envy something about him. You should only feel contempt for these people, who are regurgitating edgy beliefs all day for the sake of seeming hip and cool. Anyone who is worth anything is already thinking exactly as you are, they don't need convincing.
>>
>>61107897
thought you tried to claim he is wrong
If not good vibes to you my canadian friend
>>
THIS
>>
>>61101775
Don't do anything. He will just give you a shitty grade.

I had a philosophy of science course in undergrad. We talked about theorybuilding, scientific realism, instrumentalism, etc. Nothing particularly religious and definitely not political.

And yet he managed to bash religion and conservatism whenever he could.

Need an example of a dumb argument? Use George W. Bush or Christianity.

It was childish, but I just left it alone.

Ended up getting an A+ in the class. Worth it.
>>
>>61107829

I've always said that we should, but unfortunately our country is not tolerant and progressive enough to undertake such reforms just yet. We made some good progress last year, though.
>>
>>61102605
>You're shitposting in the wrong board

He said that he doesn't get offended. But even if he did, there isn't anything wrong about being offended. Being a dick about it and shutting down speech we don't like is what's wrong.
>>
>>61108003
Hell. Yes.

Man, it's been years since I looked into this shit. I gotta watch some documentaries now.
>>61108183
You as well my Eastern European comrade.
>>
Op could always point out that the Church founded, funded, and administered the entire fucking UNIVERSITY SYSTEM in medieval Europe.
>>
>>61108169
>If you want to enact 'revenge' on him, it is because you hate him, and thus because you envy something about him.

This is the dumbest shit I have ever heard. It's like something straight out of some shonenshit.
>>
Tough Call.
Sit through it and get an A or stand up and challenge him in class.

You could get a lot of personal experience out of challenging him, but could well face the uni wrath.

At least you could strike up a convo with the student(s) next to you and trash the teacher

Teacher evals/reviews at semester end are a big deal. be sure to let it all out there - start prepping now!
>>
Prove him wrong with facts, learn history independently. Also if you're taking Liberal arts just drop out now and take something useful.
>>
>>61107309
>probably not
>"probably"
He was White.
>>
"'m not an SJW fascist who cries when his feelings get hurt."

Rants on for 5 long winded paragraphs about how his feelings were hurt.
>>
Record it and ruin his life

it's a new era
>>
He was correct, the middle ages had zero rational thought other than conversion trough mass killings.
Ok, I guess I`m wrong, they we`re rational, they planned the crusades pretty well, when it came to the destruction of cultures your cult was the best at the time.

Also you`re gullible. You would have never accepted Christ as your lord and savior if your parents hadn`t taught you that.
>>
>>61101775
>>61103087

I agree with what Poland says:
Play the long game. Get the grades and graduate. You won't be able to have an honest debate with this "professor". Tenure is a bitch.

Record the class (video or audio), write a very good article about what you heard in class, send the videos/audio to a more conservative news outlet, such as Breitbart, Glen Back, WND, Alex Jones, whatever... Be persistent.

In parallel, try to talk to folks from Christian and academic freedom advocacy groups such as http://www.studentsforacademicfreedom.org/

If you chose to do that before you graduate, ask the news outlets to keep you anonymous because you will get harassed.
>>
> he has claimed that the Middle Ages were a time of zero thinking or rational thought (which is bullshit) because of the strangehold on the Church, and he is teaching people that monks in monasteries burnt any books they found that they didn't agree with.

what part of this is wrong
>>
>>61109871
>I'm perfectly fine with professors indoctrinating students with blatant lies
okay, cuck
>>
File: squat.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
squat.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
>>61101775

Man, you're in college. Stop being so whiny, there's nothing you can do. Just hide your power level and get your degree.
>>
>>61110672
Because if you weren't an idiot you would realize how many scientific, theologic, philosophical, and engineering advances were created during the Middle Ages. It was just as progressive as the so-called "Renaissance" (another term that if you were educated you would realize it didn't exist, at least not how you believe it did).
>>
>>61107596
>Hope some right wing news media people decide it's a story

Don't just hope. Talk to the media. If you have a video, and you're persistent, you'll have a good change.
>>
>>61104365
You go to a really shitty tiny school if an adjuct is the only one teaching a required course, lol. I teach at a small college and the req courses in my program have at least two professors per course.
>>
File: 1410020150121.jpg (86KB, 1056x463px) Image search: [Google]
1410020150121.jpg
86KB, 1056x463px
You have a right to record him, catch him going off on one of his tangents.

rewatch it and find the ACTUAL facts on anything that he has said. If it looks good to you, submit it to a dean or your consular.

He probably won't get fired, but they'll probably check him and tell him to chill out. Not to mention since he won't know what student rated him out he'll have to be careful in every class.
>>
Stop hating what I like: the thread
>>
File: King-Edgar-and-Christ-in--007.jpg (37KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
King-Edgar-and-Christ-in--007.jpg
37KB, 460x276px
>>61110875
To be fair, art in the middle ages was hit pretty hard. You had unique painters like Giotto who did employ classical techniques like perspective and relatively realistic proportions, but for the most part art was like pic related, or Byzantine icons. It was only after the Renaissance when artists embraced classical techniques and started focusing on developing art for its own sake, which is why there is such a noticeable difference in art quality between the two eras.
>>
>>61103969
seriously this. There's a guy named Todd Starnes on Fox News who eats this shit up like crazy, and he has a far reaching voice. Show that to him and request anonymity, and watch as he does your work for you.
>>
File: 1.jpg (84KB, 520x494px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
84KB, 520x494px
Two options. Talk to him in private about it, or make a scene and say you're a muslim, calling him out on his bullshit saying that Jesus Christ (peace be upon him) is a prophet of Islam and that you see no reason for him insulting the memory of Christ.

Everyone will back you up in tolerance.
>>
>>61101775
>I'm Catholic, and obviously this offends me.
>Normally I wouldn't care, I'm not an SJW fascist who cries when his feelings get hurt.

You sound exactly like one, faggot.
Your religion is false, and you worship a jewish zombie.
>>
>>61101775
Go /his/torian on his ass and take it up with the department if it starts affecting your grade.

My history professors were also full of shit at times but it wasn't something I was passionate about.
>>
>>61112122
Friend, you're comparing the work of scribes, who had no training in the arts, to ancient sculptors and other artists whose livelihood was making art.
>>
File: ElmelundeChurchInsideFwd.jpg (1MB, 1932x2576px) Image search: [Google]
ElmelundeChurchInsideFwd.jpg
1MB, 1932x2576px
>>61113944
Nope. It is not subject to debate that in the middle ages, painting techniques did not see much development at all, and took a radical change after the Renaissance. The reasons for this ARE subject to debate, however.
>>
>>61113944
Also, scribes who did illuminations were very much artists, and illumination was an extremely valuable skill.
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.