[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain this to me? He's not a natural bor

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.png (690KB, 989x722px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
690KB, 989x722px
Can someone explain this to me?

He's not a natural born US citizen (canadian fuck) but he's still running? This isn't even on the same level as the Obama birth certificate fiasco, Cruz literally isn't a natural born American.

Why is he still allowed to run? Why isn't there an application process before declaring a bid that would weed out non-american faggots like this guy?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ted-cruz-is-not-eligible-to-be-president/2016/01/12/1484a7d0-b7af-11e5-99f3-184bc379b12d_story.html
>>
>>61083896

no one knows, it's never been settled.

what he should do, both for his sake and to give a big middle finger to trump (pbuh), is to get the declarative judgement.

if he gets the judgement that he's allowed to be prez, great. the whole situation is done and, in his mind, he can stump trump (pbuh).

if he's declared ineligible, trump (pbuh) is guaranteed victor.

also, lindsey graham just endorsed turtleboy lmao.
>>
>As a person with Cuban heritage from Canada, I can tell you immigrants are America's problem right now.
>>
US citizenship is acquired at birth either because you're
>born on US soil
or
>born to American parents

Cruz was born to only one American parent outside US soil. To make matters more complicated, his American parent had been living outside the US for a few years. Cruz also had Canadian citizenship until a couple of years ago. There may be some relevant rulings and statutes, but there's definite ambiguity.

Obama was born in Hawaii to an American mother, although the birth certificate wasn't readily available. John McCain was born on an American Air Base in Panama to American parents. Neither case is really comparable to Ted Cruz.
>>
>>61083896

He is not a natural-born American citizen.

He was born in Canada to an American mother and a Canadian father.

To qualify as natural born you must be born on State or Territorial land, with very few exceptions. His birth is not one of these exceptions.

If Cruz is eligible, then Arnold Schwarzenegger is eligible.
>>
>>61084751
>then Arnold Schwarzenegger is eligible.
>>
I heard it suggested that the reason Trump has brought this up now is to get it settled once and for all in case he decides to chose Cruz as the vice-president.
>>
>>61084691
He only renounced his Canadian citizenship less than a year ago.
>>
>>61083896
The meaning of "natural born citizen" has never been fully adjudicated in court. I think that the intent of the Founders is clear. They borrowed the term "natural born" from Black's Law Dictionary, where it was defined as someone born of a citizen on domestic soil. (I am paraphrasing).

The bottom line is that you have to have standing to bring suit in court. If you are not personally involved, you do not have standing.

Perhaps Cruz, because he actually has standing, will answer this question.
>>
>>61084691

"Cruz was born to only one American parent" - Obama's mother was the citizen, his father was a feckless Kenyan who ran away from responsibility (topkek). So they are similar in that regard. You're right on the soil part differentiating him from Obama.

I don't really mind because I back Trump not Cruz, but it's funny to see the left starting to pull the same boogeyman ineligibility for Cruz that they cried foul of with Obama.
>>
>>61084751
>To qualify as natural born you must be born on State or Territorial land
No, you can be born to at least one American parent outside of the US

>Schwarzenegger
False equivalency, Arnie was born in Austria to two Austrian parents
>>
>>61085209
I'm pretty sure the 14th Amendment wasn't intended to give citizenship to Chinese birth tourists, but that's how it's interpreted today.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/01/china-us-birth-tourism_n_7187180.html
>>
>>61085421
It's not the same boogeyman ineligibility. You just said so yourself he wasn't born on American soil.
>>
Whether he's eligible or not is almost beside the point. The media and Obama's judges are not trustworthy. They will use this as a club to beat Cruz to death.

I mean think of it. How could any conservative believe differently? Do you trust the liberal activist judges Obama has been appointing to the federal courts for 7 years straight? Did you know Ted Cruz was a lawyer on the 2000 George W. Bush campaign that went to court over the election which resulted in Bush v. Gore? Do you know how much legal liberals HATE that decision? They regard it as one of the biggest tragedies in American legal history. Cruz was a part of it. Think they'll come for revenge?

Do you trust the mainstream media, which is nothing more than the propaganda arm of the Democrat Party? Do you think they will "play fair" and not report extensively on the lawsuit Cruz will face?

If so, you put a lot of faith in people who absolutely hate your guys. You put a lot of faith in your enemies.

You know who doesn't do that? Donald Trump.
>>
>>61085755
>Do you trust the liberal activist judges Obama has been appointing to the federal courts for 7 years straight?

That's a really funny way to say two members out of 9 in seven years.
>>
>>61085755
The Democrats are going to fight Cruz tooth and nail. Where Obama had the backing of the Democratic party (and facts), Cruz is so unpopular in Congress that he may not have the political support to survive it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/18/us/politics/ted-cruz-shunned-in-the-senate-plays-unpopularity-to-his-advantage.html
>>
File: cruzifiction.jpg (93KB, 960x428px) Image search: [Google]
cruzifiction.jpg
93KB, 960x428px
>>
>>61086035
Dude. Obama has appointed 319 federal judges in 7 years.

Did you forget that cases don't go directly to the Supreme Court, they have to work their way up through the lower federal courts? They start in federal District Court, where Obama has appointed 260 judges. Then they go to the Court of Appeals, where Obama has appointed 55 judges.

You guys need to think this through.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_judges_appointed_by_Barack_Obama
>>
This is great.

Now Schwarzenegger can become president too

What is this bullshit that you had to be born in the US to become president anyway?

Once you become a US citizen you should have the same rights as any other US citizen.
>>
>>61085505
Being born to an American citizen extends citizenship to you but it does not make you a "born" citizen.
>>
Cruz isn't even that good of a candidate
>>
>>61086232
Presidency and vice-presidency are the only positions I know of that require it. It's basically a meme position, you're the ultimate figurehead of America. You were mostly just a diplomat and a fancy commander who "represents" America, he didn't used to have as much power.

It's the only office where your appearance and public reception matter more than your policies or behavior.
>>
>>61083896
"Naturalized citizen" means you don't have to obtain citizenship through a naturalization process. Cruz, although born abroad, was a citizen from birth, since his mother was a citizen.

It's the same reason McCain was able to run despite being born in Panama.
>>
>>61086232
>What is this bullshit that you had to be born in the US to become president anyway?

The Founding Fathers didn't want some dipshit Tory fresh from Britain coming over and getting himself elected President. So they wrote into the Constitution that you had to be a natural born citizen, which at the time meant born here.

Cruz has no standing to be President. You have to be born on U.S. soil. Cruz is literally a Canadian.
>>
There are arguments to both sides, that's why Cruz needs to get a judgement asap so he either buries this point or at least he gets out before he has sunk a bunch of time/money into a campaign.

>>61087218
The Panama Canal Zone was US territory.
>>
>>61084156
Trump told him to get declarative judgment you retarded sasquatch-licker. Trump just (understandably) doesn't want the dems to press charges if and as soon as Cruz wins the nom. It would destroy the GOPs chance at winning.
>>
>>61087685

And as I understand it someone already has filed suit against Cruz.
>>
DECLARATORY

JUDGEMENT

QUICK AND EZ
>>
>>61087218

Difference being McCain was born on US territory, just like people born in Puerto Rico are citizens because it's US territory.
>>
>>61085066
>didn't watch debate
>>
>>61086230

This is how and why abortion and homosexual marriage will actually NEVER be reverted in any appreciable manner.
>>
>>61088031
You lost. Get over it.
>>
>>61087817

i dont think its ripe since has not been elected/there has been no vote-- it would be a request for an advisory opinion which the court cannot do.

honestly if you wanted to get it sorted out go to the city in your state where he filled out his election forms and ask that he be charged with fraud for his answers on the form.

personally while i see both sides my answer as an attorney who works in constitutional law and who is privileged to work with people who no this stuff the answer is that he is NOT eligible.

plain letter of the law says so. the legislation history says so. the reason for the law says so. plus its an act of congress that grants the right of citizenship after birth out of the country and there are forms that have to be filled out (its not as automatic as people say) you still have to apply and be approved. plus his american solider/jon mccain/Romney/missionary analogy is off because his parents did not have residency in the united states at the time of his birth, were not serving america, and were not born on a base or embassy.
>>
>>61088031
Why do you even care? It's more money being pumped through the economy.
>>
>>61086232
>>61084751
are both of you literally retarded?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.