[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In last night's debate Sen. Marco Rubio said "We cannot

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (52KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 640x360px
In last night's debate Sen. Marco Rubio said "We cannot afford to have another president that supports common core"

Is he retarded? What's wrong with having a national standard for education? I want to support the Republican Party, but not when they say stupid shit like this
>>
States rights
>>
>>61080516
Because Common core education encourages this type of thinking.
2+2=5 if you 1+2 and then you get 2+3=5

In what world beside common core does 2+2=5?
>>
>>61080516
common core has been shown to lower standards and is filled with pro-government indoctrination
>inb4 tin pencil
>>
>>61080712
This is why SC public schools are shit compared to New York public schools
>>
>>61080516
> National standard that teaches all kids that 2+2=5.
Yeah, no.
>>
>>61080845
Post source for lowering standards. I highly doubt that
>>
>>61080739
Are you surious?
Thats fucking retarded
I would beat the shit out of my kid if he told me 2+2=5
>>
>>61080915
This one is in math.
>http://pioneerinstitute.org/news/lowering-the-bar-how-common-core-math-fails-to-prepare-students-for-stem/
>“With the exception of a few standards in trigonometry, the math standards end after Algebra II”

I know you've probably seen the pics where children are told not to stack and instead use some convoluted method that takes 5 minutes to solve on problem.

I'm not saying standards are bad, but this isn't exactly an improvement except for the worst off states and inner city schools.
>>
Wait, he really said that? Isn't he jeb's apprentice or something? And wasn't Jeb one of the biggest proponents of common core.
>>
>>61082025
OK, but it's not like common core forces everybody who is already above the standard to lower their quality, right? It's a floor, not a ceiling. If you're not in a terrible state or an inner city school, just ignore common core.
>>
>>61080516
Then dont support the republican party
>>
>>61080516
>What's wrong with having a national standard for education?
The standards in common core are set at a pathetically low level. It would allow low IQ minorities to "achieve" while stifling the ability of higher IQ students
>>
File: 1452066810864.png (31KB, 510x385px) Image search: [Google]
1452066810864.png
31KB, 510x385px
>>61080739
Is this just a meme or does it happen for real?
>>
Common core is retarded as fuck and one of the main reasons I'm homeschooling my kids.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ8Nr3_2724
>>
>>61080739
>>61081454

No it doesn't.

That has nothing to do with common core.

That's the choice of the teacher's union in only certain states.

Also, some of the abstract things they use to teach math are there to teach critical thinking skills, not just memorization - you know, the things they do in countries with better math scores than the US.
>>
>>61082302
The problem is that they never get off the "floor"
>>
File: 1416432012846.png (2MB, 910x2659px) Image search: [Google]
1416432012846.png
2MB, 910x2659px
>>61080516
Yeah what's wrong with Common Core goys?
>>
The problem is that an education standard teaches to the lowest people. Do you think people in Montana who have 40 kids per school should be held to the same standard as a struggling shithole school in Chicago?
>>
>>61080850
All public schools are shit
>>
>>61082302
Holy shit kill yourself
>>
>>61082591
But the guy I was replying to said that "the problem with common core is this 'floor' isn't an improvement for anyone except inner cities/shitholes".

So everyone who isn't an inner city/shithole can just keep doing exactly what they're doing, whereas the inner cities/shitholes will be improved. Now, you're saying they might be stuck at the floor, but at least it's better than where they are now.

Seems to me like everybody either benefits or experiences a non-event, am I wrong?
>>
>>61080516

There is nothing wrong with it; it just needs to be used for the right purposes.

Such as a national standard that removes Marxist propaganda from schools.
>>
Privatize education
>>
>>61082571
>using common core for basic math to teach abstract mathematical processes that may not even be used
>other countries with less retarded niggers have better math scores
>other countries with less illiterate spics have better math scores
>other countries with less Somalian crime gangs have better math scores
>>
>>61080516
>He wants Washington DC to control what his schools teach
Completely and totally unamerican. This is coming from a New Yorker

>>61080850
Our schools are shittier now since we adopted CC
>>
>>61082802
Nice argument... it seems like the opponents of common core are mostly using the "your solution isn't a utopia, therefore we shouldn't pursue it." argument.

For example, one time I was debating a teacher I know about school vouchers. She opposed it, and her argument was that it wouldn't help the poorest of the poor afford a good school. Well so what? If the program doesn't help a certain person, they can just ignore it. They aren't hurt by it. Meanwhile if a voucher program could help a couple middle-class or lower-middle-class people afford a better school, why not go the voucher right? If it doesn't hurt the people who don't participate, what does it matter if it doesn't benefit them?
>>
>>61082812
No, common core does not let everyone else keep doing what they're doing. It forces them to teach to the national standard, with only approved books and methods. The reason those schools were successful in the first place was that they were able to adapt to their students, unlike inner city schools who are so burdened by numbers they can't fucking function already.
>>
>>61083058
Kids can't just ignore schoolwork you stupid faggot. That's how you get bad grades.
>>
>>61080516
That national standard is very low to pander to nigger-only schools. You're advocating for a socialized takedown of the education system so you can give grades to niggers like you give them welfare.
>>
The error with Common Core is that it thinks that everyone is equal in ability and learning capabilities, which is not true. If you have the same standards for everyone then people who are for example, more humanist, will fail in school only because of math.

For me the best education system is the one that adapts to the student, not in which one the student must adapt to the education.

Besides, I'm pretty sure it's full of propaganda.
>>
>>61082302
You're assuming that common core doesn't care how you got your answer if its correct, but the personal accounts alone show you need to do the equivalent of an approved (by common core standards) proof for the homework.

Imagine how kids would score on the actual exams if they didn't solve problems using the "correct" method.

Kids will literally be learning just another way to take a test instead of thinking critically to solv math problems.
>>
>>61083274
>I'm pretty sure it's full of propaganda.
They've been pushing the multikulti shit since the early 00's. I'd scribble the dumb African/Chinese names out and put Anglo ones above them
>>
>>61082571

You do realize that the creator of common core has admitted that it is used to boost underperforming students (blacks) and at the same time cause the smarter students to be more even with the dumb students?

So you support handicapping the brightest students just so you can "improve" overall scores for each school to make it look like we are getting smarter overall?

Fucking pleb.
>>
>>61082571
>>61082685
>>
>>61080516
Common core lifts up low IQ kids, mostly shitskins, and hinders the advancement of higher IQ kids, like whites and Asians.
>>
>>61082946
This *1000
>>
>having a national standard that tries to teach kids to understand math on a theoretical level that they are too young to grasp
>having a national standard made by businessfags instead of academicfags
I learned math like a non-faggot, now I'm on the last semester of my engineering degree. It's not hard.
Actually, now that I think about it, let common core continue. The more people get fucked, the less competition I have, the higher salary I command.
>>
>>61082812
The problem is they get their funding cut if they don't teach common core. So basically only private schools are unaffected.
>>
>>61083557
Why do you think this?
>>
>>61082946
We already have private schools
>>
My main gripe with common core isnt the retarded way they do math (by 10 or whatever), its the political shit they introduce into it. Kenny has two mommies... Rashida was born a girl but is now Rashawn... A citizen must obey authority... The 2 nd amendment applies to militias... Also common core routinely holds back gifted kids dumbs down curriculum. Notice that when they set a universal standard they rarely lift the standard they almost always lower it to have more kids pass which makes the politicians looks good. By the time a child is finished with common core curriculum my guess is that they will be way back in terms of university readiness.
>>
>>61083419
This.

Ask ANY teacher and they all will tell you that CC is a joke, and cripples average and above kids for the sake of retards and minorities.
>>
File: 25.jpg (104KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
104KB, 900x600px
https://youtu.be/Si-kx5-MKSE

THE best video against common core I have ever seen. The retarded math problems are only a fraction of it. Very much worth the watch, I promise.
>>
>>61083800
True if anything they should introduce the abacus bc it will make it more interactive and into a game. At first it will be just a game eventually the theory will click.
>>
>>61082812
>So everyone who isn't an inner city/shithole can just keep doing exactly what they're doing

lol, no. they have to buy all common core books, and then teach the common core propoganda bullshit. also retarded common core math. as much as some people claim, "i do math like that in my head already". no, you fucking don't.
>>
File: 1393641954466.png (351KB, 609x332px) Image search: [Google]
1393641954466.png
351KB, 609x332px
>>61080516
A national standard is different than the government telling you what you have to learn and the way you should learn it.

Public school in the US is garbage. I'm either going to home school or send my children to a private school.
>>
>>61084038
The fuck is wrong with that link?
>>
>>61084495
Mobile link I guess, copied it on my phone.
>>
>>61080850
Nope. Plenty of public schools in rich areas that are good. Donations, yo.
>>
>>61080516
common core is full of SJW bullshit
you are a shill
also states rights
>>
>>61082946
yes. internet homeschooling is the future. it would save billions in taxpayer revenue easily
there should be a movement behind this by now
>>
http://www.maa.org/sites/default/files/pdf/programs/JUEEDocument.pdf

this is why you're fucking education is worthless. You can't compete with the best in the world.
>>
>>61083347

This. I have an old-school example.

10th grade, geometry class. I got the right answers but wasn't giving the teacher the proofs he was lecturing us to do.

I failed all four quarters.

The mid-term and finals didn't require that specific proofing system, just the correct answer.

I passed the course with F, F, B+ midterm, F, F, B+ final. In fact, I calculated what I needed to a tenth of a point to pass.

70 passed. I got a 70.1 final average and laughed all the way to the door on my last day of classes. I knew how to get the results, but the teacher wanted me to use the most convoluted methods to get it. I figured it out myself.

For thinking through the problems and solving them better than everyone save the straight-A types, they nearly failed me from the course. Woo!
>>
>>61082571
They didn't teach that in China.
Multiplication table must be memorized, then we start getting into basic calculus at 7th-8th grade. Calculator is allowed in higher math courses and simple calculation is useless.
We need critical thinking yes, but common core only teaches useless nonsense.
>>
File: 1451414408656.png (34KB, 597x776px) Image search: [Google]
1451414408656.png
34KB, 597x776px
>>61080516
>>
They tried niggering up math since niggers dont like it, The history books are all commie shit written by a jew
>>
>>61082685

Fuck this guy. Sabotaging children's educations just to feel more self-righteous and feed your weird self pity is sickening.
>>
>>61085143

List of the top universities in the world, stay mad cunt.

http://www.shanghairanking.com/ARWU2015.html
>>
>>61085701
implying the top graduates aren't international students, privately tutored or homeschooled.
>>
File: 13601528945_437c1d896c.jpg (42KB, 419x500px) Image search: [Google]
13601528945_437c1d896c.jpg
42KB, 419x500px
>>61080516
you just can't have things like Education a national standard for starters.
Also, It's like P.C., it's just taking up so much more time and it's frustrating because the formula doesn't make sense, the kids wind up getting frustrated and giving up.

States are supposed to have the power for a reason, trying to get everyone on a standard makes the Standard of the Nation absolute shit.
>>
The formula's are all fucked
>>
>>61080516
common core is dumbed down to be at a nigger level
>>
>>61085158

Geometry is about understanding proofs, not memorization. You are an idiot.
>>
Common core is shit
>>
>wanting national hooked on nigger phonics
>>
Here's why OP.

In theory it's fine to have unified standards. In reality, you're just going to let the cultural left define what everyone's children learn about cultural/historical issues. The perspective they give kids will just be to toe the standard left line on all issues.

It's basically already like this, but why set it in stone?
>>
>>61080516
>Sen. Marco Rubio said "We cannot afford to have another president that supports common core"

Coming from the guy who just accepted large campaign contributions from the very people pushing for common core.
>>
>>61087022
Good luck finding a high school or middle school teacher showing kids proofs
>>
File: Guyer-HS.jpg (61KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
Guyer-HS.jpg
61KB, 540x720px
This a textbook for an AP highschool course.
>>
File: 2nd-amendment-assignment.jpg (256KB, 610x455px) Image search: [Google]
2nd-amendment-assignment.jpg
256KB, 610x455px
This one is from a workbook for middle schoolers.
>>
File: Triggered.jpg (30KB, 398x414px) Image search: [Google]
Triggered.jpg
30KB, 398x414px
>>61087412

That pic triggers me. Don't get triggered by much, but, that did it.
>>
>>61087412
that's fucking terrifying
>>
>>61080516
Commoncore is horrible, a national education standard also wouldn't feasibly work in a nation as large and diverse as the US. Education is hard enough when its a state issue to get right and for states to set a standard, but across the whole nation it would be a nightmare as it has already proven to be.
>>
Oprah: "would you ever run for president?"
Trump: "probably not"
Trump: "If it got so bad I wouldn't rule it out"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPs17_AkTI
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.