[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

extra respect for veterans

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: i dont even.jpg (41KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
i dont even.jpg
41KB, 400x250px
so, why do I have to show respect to veterans and servicemen? Like, i respect others but why am I supposed to show more respect to them than other people?

All my cousins joined the military in different branches and my jewbook is flooded with military honor this and that shitposts...

I don't get it. They are not fucking honorable, they just wanted an easy paycheck and maybe to have fun shooting guns once in a while. yet, if i so much as even mention that they are working a job for a paycheck my family barks down my throat about people dying for my rights and shit. Fuck off.

Do we honor the nurses and doctors that save our asses everyday? not really. Do we honor the researchers who make new discoveries in science and math? no, not unless you're an academic in that field.

So what's the big deal with soldiers? Shooting dune coons because your superior says so doesn't make you an honorable person. That's just a guy doing a fucking job in my eyes. No different than the dude at Walmart packing the shelves.
>>
why does the military have some of the worst salaries?

like it starts at 10,000 dollars.
>>
Military is a career path like any of them. I don't personally think there's much valor in the wars US fights, lots of good stories to tell when they get back home though.
>>
You don't.

Most people in the military are weird mixed ethnics that like anime or pencil necked white boys from shitty middle american towns.
>>
>>61053067

because you are fed and clothed and taken care of completely plus that 10,000 dollar salary. Also, they will house your family too if you have a spouse (yeah yeah military wife jokes aside).

Not bad at all. And you can climb the ranks quick enough if you're not a fucking retard. Also, if you have a education you can be an officer instead and make way more.
>>
>>61053067

http://www.militaryfactory.com/2015-military-pay-scale.asp

Even grunts start on 18K.
>>
I'll respect them when and if they actually defend our country but until then its just another job for them.
>>
>>61052919
Everyone is just doing what they can to feel superior to others. They do this by valuing bravery and toughness. You do it by pointing out the flaws in their values. I do it by pointing this out to you.

We're all just vying to compare ourselves favorably, on whatever biased metric works best for us.

They don't deserve more respect from a practical perspective--any risks they take should be factored in when they make the decision.
>>
>>61053269
Rachel from "Rachel and Jun" is former USAF Intelligence and she said the same thing. Military service is just a job for some people.
>>
>>61052919
Men tend to be grateful to people they outsource the murder to. I don't see you rushing to shoot dune coons and I doubt I ever will no matter what, but someone still has to do that. The guy pulling the trigger on behalf of his country gets to bear the entirety of sin and guilt that accompany any murder and for that alone he deserves honor and respect. Not to mention the fact that with this sacrifice of his he protects your peaceful indolent existence and your luxury to question his heroic acts.

It's really weird I should explain this to an american.
>>
>>61052919
You're no better than a SJW you anti American fuck. Regardless of whether or not you believe they're fighting for your freedoms, THEY believe they're fighting for your freedoms, and are willing to die to protect them. To protect you. Do you realize that your mentality is literally a cancer on a functioning, successful society? If the majority of people thought the way you do, no one would be willing to defend our country. Stop being a fucking child
>>
>>61053666
>>61053630

see, this is what i'm talking about. My family says the same shit.

Look, I know my cousins. They don't give a fuck about any of that. They just signed up for the enlistment bonuses
>>
File: 3q4W7ii.png (913KB, 640x3475px) Image search: [Google]
3q4W7ii.png
913KB, 640x3475px
You are american. You are not expected to show respect to anyone you dont disagree with. The public message to do that comes from the hippies spitting on returning veterans but nothing says you cant just live your own life. Just dont be salty.

I respect those that serve but my geopolitical situation means there is a demand to have such people around. But that does not mean i will not tell him to fuck off when a drunk idiot from the military that starts making outrageous demands.
>>
>>61054059

yeah see this is fair I think.

I respect military servicemen same as anyone else. I just don't see much honor behind the job. It's just a job in my opinion. It is a relatively more dangerous job than many others but that is up to the individual to decide if it's worth it or not.

I'm not saying we need to spit on veterans and call them murderers or some bullshit like that. That's insane. Obviously it is necessary to have soldiers and peacekeepers around. I'm not a moron, I just have a problem accepting being a soldier as an honorable profession.
>>
>>61052919
You dont have to but dont be surprised when they dont come to your aid
>same with police
>>
>>61053839
Their motivation is irrelevant. They could be there because they are murderous psychopaths and actually like killing people and watching them bleed for all I know or care. What matters is the fact that I don't have to burn in a shot-down plane and the fact that I don't have to catch a moslem bullet blessed by Allah to home in on my liver and the fact that I don't have to drop the white phosphorous knowing too well that there's a 10 to 1 ratio of kids per terrorists in that hospital down there. So for the reality in which it's him and not me doing the killing, I am grateful.
>>
>>61052919
You don't have to. I don't care if you say thank you for your service or any of that. I wouldn't necessarily call it an "easy paycheck"
>>
>>61054365
Its more of a way to pressure soldiers to behave than to brainwash you. If we expected nothing from the military but to be a bunch of murderers, then they will be a bunch of murderers inevitably.

If we paint an overly heroic picture of them, they will at least make an effort to conform to the stereotype 90% of the time. Sure, they will commit massacres and rapes, but we will at least be surprised about it when we find out and demand blood for it, not just cynically go "well, what else did you expect" as its was once in russian forces.

Military practices extreme self-censorhip here to maintain this charade of chivalry the media tries to paint them as. And it rubs off on the grunts sometimes.
>>
>>61053839
Military phallic finagler they to stop and think about shit. Military recruits can be bros, but that doesn't mean you should suck them off for doing the same job as an unmanned drone. Not giving a shit is what the alt right is all about.
>>
>>61054628
>I wouldn't necessarily call it an "easy paycheck"
haha

the majority of people who enlist are bottom of the barrel grunts who never see actual combat. so what do these grunts do? they sit around playing grab ass all day, doing menial tasks and collecting "hazard" pay while they do it. it's boring, but easy
>>
>>61054590
>the fact that I don't have to drop the white phosphorous knowing too well that there's a 10 to 1 ratio of kids per terrorists in that hospital down there.
If we didn't have people who were willing to sign off on atrocious acts like that, our foreign policy would be in a better place and we'd make fewer enemies.

>>61052919
I treat military members like I treat the holocaust. In polite company or among strangers, I say what is expected of me, but when I'm among friends I let my true opinions be known/gradually introduced.
>>
OP I was you like three years ago

Friends and exes of girlfriends and just random folk around campus were all joining up and had all this recruitment propaganda and pride and it got into their heads and they were some nihilistic assholes who thought they were owed respect for the sake of it

Yeah I know it gets very annoying very fast, now is when I tell you that we were dealing with hoodrats and people who had no other choice but the military to jumpstart their life and that there are way more other people who volunteer. Let me tell you about the other veterans that are not high school recruits thinking they're joining a CoD frat.

This 26 year old dude came home to a literal cucked and broken relationship that he obviously ended upon returning and had hip and knee issues already. All he literally wanted was a life again, as years away from everyone sort of resets relationships unless people are purposely waiting for him, which most friends are not. Next is the vet that went out of his way to teach my father firearm safety and guns. He brought his big ol fat gun handbook and sat down during a lunch and spent his time answering any questions and to this day stays a great friend to my dad.

What do these guys have in common? They aren't insufferable brats and took home the idea of serving the nation. They aren't guaranteed a great life, or a great welcome, or a future, but they volunteered anyways, when they could have stayed home and jacked it to chinese cartoons or get high everyday, instead they took years off for training for any event where people might need someone with that sort of training somewhere and that's pretty great
>>
>>61052919
I don't have respect for them. I just nod my head as if I actually care.
>>
>>61055821
*narcissistic assholes, I meant

anyways I know what you're talking about, it's a path for free college for many but it's not so easy and they may come banged up and with scars so for the off chance that they are not some asshole dickwad, it's nice to say thanks and pay respect to someone who may very well be a friend
>>
>>61055689
If you didn't have people who were willing to sign off on atrocious acts like that you'd be conquered.
>>
>>61056644
If there was a situation like that in Mexico, fine, gas them or burn them or whatever shit is expedient. But in the middle east? Hell, if Russia wanted to do it in the ME, I'd understand because it's their neighborhood. But it's literally the other side of the world. If they start moving dirty bombs to Cuba/Mexico then my isolationist slanting will loosen, but we're not accomplishing much other than propping up favorable regimes and giving the people a reason to hate us.
>>
I always wondered why we dont honor people who fight for justice and equality like bloggers and youtubers the real soldiers on the front lines of social justice.
>>
>>61058508

you mean like /pol/ posters?

>>61055821
>>61056249

what you are saying makes sense to me. I suppose it's no biggie really to just acknowledge the fact that they served and helped their country. I just get sick of seeing it so much because of my cousins but really that's more of a personal problem anyway.

But I hear you, anon.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.