[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /pol/ is joining the military a good idea? I'm 19 and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

File: ArmyLogo.jpg (132KB, 1040x1376px)
ArmyLogo.jpg
132KB, 1040x1376px
Hey /pol/ is joining the military a good idea? I'm 19 and have my diploma. What's the best branch?
>>
Navy or Air Force marines and army are really hard on the body while coast guard is the navy's bitch
>>
>>61044652
Fucking Air Force bro.
>>
>>61044652
it sucks for four years, then it's awesome the rest of your life. I was Navy, coast guard actually has some damn good chopper pilots, etc. Marines are obviously very hardcore, Air Force just plays golf all day, honestly never worked with the Army.
>>
>>61044652
pic related.
>>
>>61044652

Join the air force and be an 89D EOD tech
>>
>>61044652
Chair Force if you don't wanna do shit and get paid.
>>
>>61044652
It depends what you are joining for, but overall, Navy is best.
>>
>>61044652
Black ops sniper
>>
File: 1452830325066.jpg (22KB, 255x230px)
1452830325066.jpg
22KB, 255x230px
This
>>
>>61044652
Got a good friend of mine in the 101 airborne air assault 2nd battalion 327 infantry. Kinda quiet guy, talks alot about the army. Turn 19 in a couple weeks, thinking about on my 20th bday signing up, got a comfy state job and make damn good money for 18, but want to remove kebab with one of my mates. From what I know its 3 years 16 weeks for a contract into army infantry, after that you go inactive reserves, almost never get redeployed and reap benefits.
>>
>>61045539

Sailors bending over what else is new?
>>
File: aron.jpg (20KB, 184x174px) Image search: [Google]
aron.jpg
20KB, 184x174px
>>61044884
>>61045107
>>61045331
Navy it is
>>
>>61044652
Air Force if you are smart enough to not fall for the Marine meme. The other branches give shit to the Air Force because they end up in a shithole doing ditch digger work while the Air Force has it made, gets to put in a 9 to 5 and then go home to on base housing and get on their computer to do free college classes or vidya. Navy and Coast Guard I hear are pretty good as well but I don't have experience with them, /k/ has a lot of military people you can try there.

I've heard that the Army is the worst, if you want to be buffing floors and picking grass from sidewalks by hand then go for it. The marines might not be much better but I've just always heard that the Army was the worst for shit like that.

What do you want to get out of the Military?
>>
If you are going to join the military be good at PT and join into a combat arms mos in the Army or Marines.

If you do not, you will basically be glorified welfare recpirent wearing a uniform and wasting days of your life doing random details, guard duty on Garrison in a random building, and standing around in formation doing nothing and chances are will not ever do the job or mos you are trained in and will be doing paperwork and computer jobs.

Trust me I joined as a 68W thinking I would be a soldier and learn cool important skills that would carry over. The EMT training is very basic and only lasts a few weeks and after that in garrison my job is so easy that technology could easily replace what they have me do and pretty much my EMT training was pointless. Also I have to stay all day sitting around doing nothing or doing random details as a result of this job. I have probably spent more time doing SHARP classes compared to shooting a rifle.

Pick infantry or artillery etc. You will get to actually be a soldier and go in the field, go to ranges and shoothouses. If you don't deploy and go to a crappy unit, with those jobs chances are your day will still mostly be to report to formations, go to the gym and workout and maybe do some cleaning and go back to your room the rest of the day.
>>
>>61045539
that's actually a good point. I'm old as fuck so it was still pretty badass when I was in, but there's a very decent chance it's all gay now. Try to talk to some people that are in now and see what's up. I mean if you go army and your sargeants are all pansexual fat girls it's really not going to do much for you.
>>
>>61044652
Go National Guard or Reserves

This is not the environment for Active Duty right now. Afghanistan and Iraq are done with no return in sight. Your best bet is to get deployed to Qatar, Bahrain, Camp Lemonnier in Africa, Deploy to Egypt getting the MFO, or Kuwait deployment.

Its go to basic, go to Advanced Individual Training, GTFO.

Recommended MOS for Army

35 series (intelligence)
25 series (Commo)
15 series (Helo mechanic)
All Medical MOS
29 series (Electric Warfare Field)
42 series ([Minus the band shit] Administration)
40 series (Army Astronaut)

There's your best options to because they have the most transferable credits to college.
>>
>>61045839
Sheeiiit I have nothing do other than sell crank to rednecks and wetbacks. Free education too
>>
>>61044652
Army.

11B Infantry.

We need strong men to fight the Muslims and ISIS next year with President Trump.
>>
>>61046207
Any conflicts springing up? We gonna go fuck up some syrians or what? My m8 in Army Infantry has to go play peacekeeper in some african shithole.
>>
>>61045960

The Army culture is entirely ruined.

Many homosexuals are in, transsexuals are in as well. Political correctness is making it so they have to pander and cave in and accept these people. So this created EO and SHARP classes and people getting in trouble for saying offensive stuff.

Lowered physical standards loads of people do not meet PT standards, even with easier and cheating tape tests and trying to get everyone to pass on PT tests. Loads of people undeployable or on profile not allowing them to run or ruck.

Now females going into combat arms while the Army draws down troops yet these females get to keep the same lowered standards which waters down the combat arms.

Putting an emphasis on college for points as opposed to soldiering skills.
>>
>tfw waited until I was 23 to start applying

I already see how I'm not really the guy they want. I've spent too much time in the soft-ass real world, between education institutions and comfy workplaces to actually be any kind of babykilling motherfucker.

Whatever I apply for, I just know they'll shove me in some office somewhere allocating food tickets to army wives.

Whatever. I wasn't doing anything with those five years anyway.
>>
>>61045919
I was combat engineer, its not any better. We sat around all day and took smoke breaks. Counted endless inventory, sweep the indoor parade square, bitch jobs for other units actually doing something.
I remember one time we had to sweep concrete pads outdoors against the wind blowing dirt back, it was so fucking stupid but at the same time made sense as the ICs were idiot high school dropouts.
>>
>>61044652

Looks like someone wants to get on the gibsmedats.

Fucking welfare scum.
>>
>>61046318

For now, no (cmon, we have lame cuck Obongo - we just had fuckng sailors surrender to 120 lb Iranian manlet cucks). But bet your ass new President we boots on ground fighting for Raqqa lad.
>>
Just go to college spent 8 years in the navy
>>
File: 1447207349915.jpg (113KB, 331x459px) Image search: [Google]
1447207349915.jpg
113KB, 331x459px
>>61046491
Yuuuuuup
>>
>>61044652
It's a good idea if you're a low IQ welfare queen.
>>
>>61046367
A month ago thete were all these threads about women in combat roles.
Several asked, why?
Afterwards I ran across Alex Jones re-iteratibg the point that the army is actually the most idealistic and redpilled and awake segment of society. It already near-mutinied to stop Obama's planned open war in Syria.
>>
>>61046488
When were you enlisted? I'm joining the reserves this year and plan on becoming an officer once I finish uni
>>
>>61046106
>wanting to get deployed to die for the jews
i want to join the military so i can fight in the race war
>>
File: ray liotta green face paint.jpg (35KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
ray liotta green face paint.jpg
35KB, 500x282px
>>61044652
If you're a retard and have nothing going for you, then yeah, go for it.
>>
>>61046552
Shit then once god emperor wins i'll be camping out at the recruiting office then.
>>
>>61046784
Do not make any plans son...there's a high chance the green weenie will fuck it up
>>
>>61046784
2007 - 2010
Reserves is great, I did 3 years before going reg force. Because theres only limited time that time is spent actually doing and learning stuff.
>>
>>61046636
A final warning, you have the tools at your disposal to research what the branches are really like. Whether you are going to hate your life or enjoy the decision you made will be up to you, don't be the person who sits for years thinking "I should of joined X". Figure out what will get you places beforehand because you have no one else to blame but yourself when your life in a branch turns out to be shit.
>>
>>61046760
>It already near-mutinied to stop Obama's planned open war in Syria.

Obama was the bitch who pussied out on his own 'chemical weapons red line' and basically left the innocent people of Syria to be ground to dust between radical jihadis and an increasingly brutal authoritarian.

There was a window where America could have provided the necessary power structure to keep the jewel of the middle east from destroying itself. If the American military should be good at something, it's exerting power to keep collapsing societies upright.

I don't know if we deserve to be the world police, but we better do it right if we're already there.
>>
>>61044652
The army is either the most fun you'll ever have in your life or (and this is most of the time) exceptionally miserable BS.
>don't join with the intention of being a welfare queen
youll hate your life and everyone around you will also hate you for being a lazy piece of crap
>don't go in with the attitude that you'll do the bare minimum and life will be easy
You will get out of the military exactly what you put into it. The days will be long and you'll do things beyond belief. If you play the game and push yourself, good things will happen.....eventually.
good luck OP
>>
>>61046464
>>61046760

The Army and military has been made soft as almost all aspects of society have. Trust me basic training is very, very easy and pretty much anyone who is not mentally or physically ill and actually moderatly motivated can pass.

We even had guys who took the PT test about 6 times where it was made easier for them to get them to pass. The Army wants to pass you and does not want to fail people as it costs them money to do so.

Like everything else it becomes a trophy for everyone thing where the standards are low and where even if you do not meet standard they will try and find a way to push you through as it costs loads of money to train you in the first place and they don't want to kick massive amounts of people out for not being able to meet standards.

Also to the guy who is a combat engineer that job might have sucked as well but imagine being a medic in a headquarters unit where almost everyone is old, out of shape and on the way out of the military and comes in only to get profiles or to get out of work and your unit having you pretty much never doing soldier tasks or drills.
>>
File: OP's Autism.gif (1MB, 284x210px) Image search: [Google]
OP's Autism.gif
1MB, 284x210px
>>61046864
>thinking I was saying 'deploy for der judden'

nigger infantry and cav scouts have the highest death rates when deploying. See the MOSs I listed. The only one that is expected to see direct shit garanteed is 68W Combat Medic. You are a fucking autismo fuck
>>
Leave for Air Force BMT in 3 days. I regret nothing
>>
enlist now and get comfy

bare in mind that the country is currently not at war. so dont choose a combat mos/rating, youll be picking weeds with your hands off lawns or shining the decks.

choose a mos/rating that will give you a skill you can use in the real world when you get out.

oh and choose the 4-year contract.
>>
>>61047226
>>61047487
Thanks for the advice, anons. I'm always lurking on /meg/.
>>
>>61047710

68W is not guaranteed to see shit, it has a very high chance of working in a clinic or in an aid-station being a low level poorly trained nurse.
>>
on a related note

I recently joined the navy (HM) and plan to attempt to go field medical

how fucked am I
is this a good idea
>>
My sister who can't figure out who to operate her wristwatch and is too afraid to swim in the ocean just joined the Air Force.
>>
>>61044652
Army. United States Cavalry. Otherwise you're a cant cunt,making time, and collecting a paycheck.
>>
Air Force
>>
>>61044652
>joining the only branch of government that is capable of suppressing your rights
>hurr durr "serve muh country"
>literally just collecting a paycheck from uncle sam for standing around holding a gun at parade rest

Fuck off military fags. Your welfare will soon come to an end.
>>
I'm meeting with a coast guard recruiter soon
What's /pol/'s opinion on this branch?
>>
File: 1450400275136.jpg (240KB, 1100x1380px)
1450400275136.jpg
240KB, 1100x1380px
All these COD fuckers think they know what theyre talking about.
>>
File: 1449511113769.png (12KB, 413x687px) Image search: [Google]
1449511113769.png
12KB, 413x687px
>>61046488
In reserves combat engineer, just finishing BMQ.
Anything I should know before Gadgetown?
>>
>>61050146
Have fun dying for Israel doc
>>
File: BuI4LoCIQAAk4Jo.jpg (37KB, 600x382px)
BuI4LoCIQAAk4Jo.jpg
37KB, 600x382px
>>61046491
>>61046642
>>61046864
>>61056451
Beta-tier faggots

>"Hur dur serving der Juden!"
Right, we're all fooled, and you've got it figured out. No one in the military is smart enough to know why they're serving. K.

>"Everyone in the military is fucking stupid"
Higher percentage of HS and college grads than the general population
Likely, military members are more educated than the faggots posting against service in this thread.
Not worried about it.

Anyways, OP, Air Force. ROTC if you can.
>Scholarship for a 4 year degree (if you're competitive)
>Can major in anything you want to at most schools (did International Studies at an Ivy League)
>Super easy and fun
>Graduate and have a guaranteed career, see the world, lead others, etc.
>I'm going to pilot training shortly.
So far, so good.

PLEASE, please go officer if you can. It's a world of difference.

Pic semi-related (Army officer helo pilot)
>>
>>61044652
>>61057200
Also, why Air Force?

>Easily the cutest girls
>Best food
>Newest, best bases
>Jets and shit
>Very unlikely to die
>Jobs that won't break your body
>APPLICABLE SKILLS AFTER YOU LEAVE

Don't buy into the infantry or nothing meme. If you want end up employed after service, pick a real-world skill.
>>
>>61057200
hahahaha go die for me bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcoBDVXpdr8
>>
>>61057547
Airforce truly does get the best shit. I was a nuke in the Navy and on top of being treated like shit we used to use "ratty Airforce housing" whenever our stuff was getting fixed. All the Airforce shit was five-star accommodation compared to what we were using.
>>
>>61057547
This
I'm leaving on Tuesday for basic and I am going to be a linguist, which is an easy skill to get a post military career with if you move to the right areas.
>>
>Dying para Israel
>>
File: fuckthetroopsreply.png (18KB, 498x395px) Image search: [Google]
fuckthetroopsreply.png
18KB, 498x395px
What do you think this is... a recruitment office?

This is completely off topic you FUCKING MORON.

Joining the military is never a good idea. It's for lowlifes.
>>
>>61053265
If you play your cards right you get to fight against El Chapo and illegal immigration. If we build that wall you got to protect the coast. Might get deployed to Qatar though.

It's also a small branch so less "respect" but you will probably feel closer to each other than some of the larger branches.
>>
>>61058357
Yeaahhhhh
>>
Air force is the most indispensable so they get the lowest athletic requirements, best food, best housing, best gear to play with, also most women go into Air Force.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.