[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did it all go wrong? >build city on water >dominated

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

File: mexicotenochtitlan.jpg (153KB, 800x414px) Image search: [Google]
mexicotenochtitlan.jpg
153KB, 800x414px
Where did it all go wrong?
>build city on water
>dominated and enslaved its enemies
>militaristic culture/society
>pinnacle of technology and medicine in the Americas
>developed language poetry and art

WE...
>>
>>60997999
>>dominated and enslaved its enemies
Right here is where it went wrong.

A common memesconception is that it was solely the Spanish conquistadors who conquered the Aztecs, but they jewed it up first by going around and allying with every enemy tribe of the Aztec empire, then leading a zerg rush of 100,000 amerindians + 2,000 conquistadors against the city
>>
>>60997999
>Be Aztec
>Arrive in the Mexican central valley and adopt the culture and achievements of your Olmec predecessors
>Build a city on the middle of a lake because a vision told you so
>Sit on your ass for 100 years without making any significant discovery or cultural contribution to mankind
>Enslave all the tribes around you and sacrifice thousands every day on the retarded belief that the sun won't rise if you don't
Aztecs a shit
>>
The flu virus OP
>>
>>60998118
Exactly. Hernan Cortes not only showed great skill in war but also in diplomacy. The same with Pizarro.
>>
>>60998118
I wonder if they knew they where gona get cucked with religion at the end...
>>
>>60998723
How true is that sacrifice thing?

I feel it's just a meme
>>
>>60999004
Not great diplomacy.

Aztecs are terrible overlords. Raids everytime to sacrifices.

It's not hard convince their enemies to raise in rebellion.

>>60999444
We have few legit sources. Maybe they just enjoyed genocides
>>
>>60997999

let immigrants in
>>
>>60999038
Christendom > Live human sacrifice rituals
>>
>>60997999
Any mexican who claims they were related to Aztecs are retarded because the whole city got BTFOd out of existence and reclaimed by Spanish settlers
>>
>>60997999
Nice trips.

The common cycles of Empires.
Overpopulation and decadence.
>>
>>61000015
So then mexcians are 100% spanish?

cool facts brah
>>
>>61000097
Spanish rape babies
>>
>>60997999
What pisses me off is that they drained that beautiful lake and replaced it with Mexico City, a place not worth describing.
>>
File: 80F.jpg (38KB, 284x400px) Image search: [Google]
80F.jpg
38KB, 284x400px
>>60999444
Nope, it's not a meme... the Aztecs were batshit insane. Frankly, it was a very sick culture and the Spaniards did the world a favor by purging it.

Literally all of Mexico's other tribes hated the Aztecs and joined the Spaniards in massacring them. You won't here about it in modern SJW revisionist history though.

http://www.mexicolore.co.uk/aztecs/gods/god-of-the-month-xipe-totec
>The great god Xipe Totec, otherwise known as Our Lord the Flayed One, was another of the oldest Aztec deities. Also known as Red Tezcatlipoca, guardian of the east, Xipe Totec was often depicted as a man wearing the flayed skin of another.

>To mark the beginning of the festivities, captives of war were prepared and presented at the main Aztec temple for sacrifice. Before they died, their owners would tear off the hair at their crowns and then walk them to the temple and their fate at the sacrificial stone. According to Sahagún, those captives who resisted would be dragged up the stairs of the temple - quite a long way! The stone was high and narrow and the captive was bent over with his back against it. Five men then grasped him by his ankles, wrists and head and a priest proceeded to cut open his chest with an obsidian knife and pulled out his beating heart.

>This over, the sacrificed man would have his blood poured into a container that was given to his owner and his body thrown over the temple steps and collected by a team of old men called ‘quaquacuiltin’. Later on, the corpse would be skinned for participation in the following ritual.

>The priests and deity impersonators who wore human skins during the Tlacaxipeualiztli festivities did this for twenty or forty days after the sacrificial ceremonies.

And this one just ONE CEREMONY from ONE of their MANY GODS. There were multiple Gods and all of them required numerous sacrifice festivities throughout the year.
>>
>>60997999
> 1000 years underdeveloped compared to Europeans.
> Europeans arrive.
>>
>>61000015

>reclaimed

lol it was the aztecs land they claimed it for sure but it was never theirs

also, it's called race mixing. mexico had a lot of that. that's why a mexican can be either ugly and brown or beautiful and white.
>>
>>61000015
I'm pretty sure members of Aztec nobility struck deals to get the fuck out of there, or probably left before shit hit the fan.
>>
>>61000226
But you just said they can't be related to Aztecs, so that means they're not "spanish rape babies".

>Irish "Intellectuals"
>>
>>60998118
Exactly this
What happened was there was a rival city that hated the Aztecs (or the Mexica, whichever you prefer)
And they would capture POW's and kill each other etc

Diplomacy and a mixture of conquest is the reason it fell

Regardless, the Mexican culture is one of the most beautiful in the world
>>
>>61000097
There were a shitload of other tribes.
>>
>>61000485
Well the entire city was wiped out by other tribes and Spaniards so doubt any pureblood Aztecs actually exist or even know it
>>
>>61000312
Imagine if the Aztecs stuck around and leftists had to defend this with their cultural relativism.
>cutting put hearts on a daily basis is part of their culture
>>
>>61000722
No, but there's plenty of other pureblooded amerindian tribes that still exist.

:^)

>>61000675
Exactly
>>
It was actually because they didn't have spears.

Since there were no cavalry in Mesoamerica besides pack llamas, they had no use for war spears. They were for the most part javelins and couldn't really penetrate steel.

The only melee weapons they had available were the ones that were best at close quarter combat, something that was basically non existent by the time the Spanish arrived.
>>
>>60999444

How to prevent overpopulation, so you can live in perpetual abundance on the natural resources of the mexican jungle:

"For the reconsecration of Great Pyramid of Tenochtitlan in 1487, dedicated to Tlaloc and Huitzilopochtli, the Aztecs reported that they sacrificed about 20,400 prisoners over the course of four days"

"it is recorded that at the dedication of his great new temple in 1486 there were slain in his honour 70,000 prisoners of war, who had been reserved for the purpose for years throughout the empire."

"Michael Harner, in his 1977 article The Enigma of Aztec Sacrifice, estimates the number of persons sacrificed in central Mexico in the 15th century as high as 250,000 per year."

you cannot comprehend the luxury and abundance the aztecs lived in; they consumed amounts of food and resources that put modern americans to shame.
>>
>>61000314
Not really, they had some pretty advanced farming practices and architecture. European metallurgy and ship building were way better. European diseases wreaked havoc on the natives, but that's not technology.
>>
>>61000795
Made me laugh.
>>
>>61000795
"The Islamic state are apropriating Aztec culture and must be stopped"
>>
>>61001021
They also developed astronomy and their own mathematics without the help of european settlers but let's just focus on the memes instead
>>
>>61000795
They would find a twisted way of doing it, no doubt about that.

>>61000097
Most Mexicans are mestizos (mixed), but descended from all the other native tribes, not from the Aztecs. They were literally wiped out.

>>61000858
There are no llamas in Mesoamerica, fuckface.
That's in the Andes.
>>
File: ans_56_02_1.jpg (9KB, 250x108px) Image search: [Google]
ans_56_02_1.jpg
9KB, 250x108px
This thing verse guns and steel.

Gee I wonder how they lost.

It's no surprise that most of them surrendered immediately after seeing the Spaniards. Even if they united as one it wouldn't make a difference, they were totally out gunned.

Look at the Anglo Zulu war if you want to see what would have happened if the Aztec tribes unified and fought back.
>>
>>61000001
Checked
>>
>>61001450
Zulus are way better warriors than racist Anglos.
>>
>>61001338
I stand corrected.

May I ask why you used the term fuckface to correct me?

Perhaps you should stick to your native tongue or mature a little before you talk with the big boys on the internet.
>>
>>61000312
I love how they were obviously insane but some people still took the world ending in 2012 shit seriously. Yeah, their calander ended that year but they also thought that if they didn't murder enough people a year the sun would go away because the gods were upset, so why would you give what they thought any weight at all?
>>
>>61000404
No, pretty much all the Aztec nobility was murdered by Spaniards while Pizarro was away. The rest died during the plague and siege of the city. And the handfuls that survived it all were executed later for fear of rebellion.
>>
>>60997999
The natives lost the Americas because they were warring savages

If they united they could have held off all European forces

But when you are too busy fighting, enslaving and killing you arent spending any time advancing technology or learning metallurgy

Nice stone spearheads, spearchuckers
>>
>>61000001
Checked, 1 off you unlucky faggot.
>>
>>60997999
As if that's saying much. The Americas were made up almost entirely of inbred barbarian savages.
>>
>>61002058
If you knew a single thing about llamas, you would know the idea of them living in Mexico is ludicrous. They aren't camels.
>>
>>61002254
Just like the romans! right! they sucked ass too!

Your theory holds true across all of history, you genius!
>>
>>61002211
Fuck, I said Pizarro, meant Cortez, always get the two mixed up
To back up what I said, I was talking about when some thousands of high ranking Aztecs were killed by the Spaniards during a festival, because they were scared it would escalate into rebellion. Cortez was at the coast at the time, dealing with the governor of Cuba who came to stop him.
>>
>>61002474
>Just like the romans!
The collapse of the Roman Empire and conquest of Americas have nothing in common, the fact that you would even suggest so shows you are an underage child that knows nothing of history.

Rome fell because of internal struggles
>>
>>61000076
They killed a lot of people. They had a huge underpopulation problem.
>>
>>61001450
>guns
If my memory doesn't fails me, the early conquistadores didn't have any arquebusier, they were rodeleros, pikemen and crossbowmen.
>>
>>61002104
It was the Mayan calander, not the Atzec one.
Don't they sell Horrible Histories in the UK anymore?
>>
>>61002031
We still broke them before the dildos entering the rest of the West's ass shot it's pozz load and suddenly we had a shitload of sanctions to deal with.
>>
>>60997999
they should've kept the lake desu
>>
>>60997999
Is there a name for this kind of overhead/angled map?
>>
>>61004111
Because AFRICANS ARENT RACIST
>>
>>60997999
South America developed fast, sadly it also succumbed as fast as it developed.
>>
>>61004565
You mean that aerial landscape? I don't know, not sure if there's a specific name for an image rendered from an aerial position, featuring a landscape.
>>
File: cheqem.jpg (65KB, 474x369px) Image search: [Google]
cheqem.jpg
65KB, 474x369px
>>60999444
>>
Aztecs worshipped the religion of peace, fuck off.
>>
>>60999038

All of the native American civilizations were extremely religious. What do you think the point of all the pyramids were? Indian mounds? Nazca lines?
>>
>>60998118
This

If it wasn't for all the diseases the Spanish would have been remembered as liberators that came in and ended the brutal rule of the Aztecs.
>>
>>61003361
They did have some gunpowder weapons but seeing as the native americans didn't have armor they and had shit weapons they wrekt most of them with melee weapons.

The guns didn't really matter military but maybe it played a part in the myth about gods having snakes that spit fire.
>>
white people disease happened
>>
File: natives are noble.png (197KB, 617x1404px) Image search: [Google]
natives are noble.png
197KB, 617x1404px
>>61000312
The whole myth about noble natives is pretty ridiculous desu

I wonder what the world would be like if white people didn't exist.
>Aborignal running around eating kids.
>Arabs taking millions of slaves in east africa every year.
>Negroes eating each other in Africa.
>Mass human sacrifice in the Americas.

But at least we wouldn't have any white libtards hating on their own people.
>>
File: 3655246_com_aztecsmall.jpg (201KB, 800x588px) Image search: [Google]
3655246_com_aztecsmall.jpg
201KB, 800x588px
I saw a documentary which proposed some research that a virus like Ebola had killed many of them.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/sep/03/mexico
>>
A city on a lake just seems like a bad idea IMO

You can blockade the exit bridges. And theres only so many boats, not enough for everybody to escape.
>>
File: 1452035975302.gif (4MB, 158x223px) Image search: [Google]
1452035975302.gif
4MB, 158x223px
>>61004722
You gotta try harder
>>
>>61002058
>I say chap that was rather rude of you
>>
>>60997999
Not even close
But you'll suck central america's dick all day long because you're clearly both a spic and an idiot
>>
>>61001450
Sure it's just a paddle with glass stuck into the side... it can also chop a man in half with a single stroke.

>>60997999
They did great in their own little ecosystem. The Spanish conquista is to them what alien invasion is to us. Beings that are similar but different suddenly show up with weapons, tactics and transportation that is superior (if not vastly so) to whatever you know. They also are very ambiguous about their intentions and happen to carry diseases that your race has never built up an immunity to.

That said, they were pretty based being a jungle culture that has no ties to the "greater" world. Don't forget that Europe, China and the Middle Eastern civilisations have had the great advantage of being able to build upon other ancient cultures. The Aztecs had very few other cultures nearby and still did fairly well.
>>
>>61007434
i just kept reading thinking it couldn't get worse and it kept getting worse
>>
File: i must also rape.jpg (29KB, 577x435px) Image search: [Google]
i must also rape.jpg
29KB, 577x435px
>>61008361
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibalism
>In April 1892, 10,000 of the Batetela, under the command of Gongo Lutete, joined forces with Dhanis in a campaign against the Swahili-Arab leaders Sefu and Mohara.[100] After one early skirmish in the campaign, Hinde "noticed that the bodies of both the killed and wounded had vanished." When fighting broke out again, Hinde saw his Batetela allies drop human arms, legs and heads on the road.[101] One young Belgian officer wrote home: "Happily Gongo's men ate them up [in a few hours]. It's horrible but exceedingly useful and hygenic ... I should have been horrified at the idea in Europe! But it seems quite natural to me here. Don't show this letter to anyone indiscreet."[102] After the massacre at Nyangwe, Lutete "hid himself in his quarters, appalled by the sight of thousands of men smoking human hands and human chops on their camp fires, enough to feed his army for many days."

That is how you solve the food logistic for any army in Africa 1892
>>
>>61000312

t. white
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.