[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
> Creationism
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 463
Thread images: 64
> Creationism
>>
>>
>>
File: 4.png (344 KB, 1070x760) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4.png
344 KB, 1070x760
>>
File: ardi_anatomy_zoom.jpg (131 KB, 600x963) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ardi_anatomy_zoom.jpg
131 KB, 600x963
>>
>>60628268
Creationism is true you atheist cuck
>>
>>
>>60628268
Why are only the last and first ones alive...
>>
File: twoheads.gif (41 KB, 1933x885) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
twoheads.gif
41 KB, 1933x885
>>
File: slide_15.jpg (70 KB, 960x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
slide_15.jpg
70 KB, 960x720
>>60628382
Nice one m8
>>
>>60628268
I took an anthropolgy class so i can transfer to a bigger college.
fun stuff
did you know humans are the only apes to have a chin?
>>
File: haeckelmader2.jpg (14 KB, 247x359) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
haeckelmader2.jpg
14 KB, 247x359
>>
>>60628357
the bat is the best way to dig your own grave because walking on all 4's while your developing wings would be so counterproductive its not even funny.
>>
File: haeckel.gif (188 KB, 500x376) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
haeckel.gif
188 KB, 500x376
>>
>>60628515
do you believe you came from a rock?
>>
>>60628515
you know humans share DNA with a banana guess were all related to bananas.
>>
File: image153.gif (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image153.gif
11 KB, 320x240
>>
>>60628617
a toyota has 4 wheels guess it has the same genes as a skateboard

fucking cuck
>>
File: fdc2BNq.jpg (79 KB, 1050x535) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fdc2BNq.jpg
79 KB, 1050x535
>>60628617
Good observation. Yes, we are
>>
>>60628608
>evolution is real!!one11!
>Well why isnt it happening today?
>IT TAKES FOREVER REEE
>Well some single cell organism and other organisms have lineage for that long yet we have yet to see them change?
>YOU ARE RLLY DUMB HURRR

This is what its like arguing with them
>>
>>60628732
>these things look like these things
>they are the same thing

Antifreeze looks a lot like gatorade go drink it OP.
>>
File: 1447659790377.jpg (59 KB, 600x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447659790377.jpg
59 KB, 600x600
>>60628718
>>
>>60628744
evocucks have no evidence
>>
File: 1452175305412.jpg (14 KB, 228x228) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452175305412.jpg
14 KB, 228x228
>>60628832
>>
>>60628461
Because one never left it's niche and the other one dominated the new niche after quite a lot of mixing between the two?
>>
>>60628461

ya primates are pretty a failure race except for humans
>>
>evolution is real bcuz evry1 haz bones!!1!!!111!!!!1!!1!
>>
>>60628744
Have you ever taken a biology class? None of it makes any sense without evolution. My biology class literally took me step by step through every single process of how evolution works, right down to the DNA molecules.
>>
File: 1452006743223.webm (805 KB, 480x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452006743223.webm
805 KB, 480x480
I stopped arguing with creationtards a long time ago

You almost never run into them in the real world

When you do, they're not the kind of people you can take seriously anyways. They're obviously those typical white, redneck, religious, obese types that would vote for trump.
>>
>>60628744
>>Well some single cell organism and other organisms have lineage for that long yet we have yet to see them change?

We do see them change.
My father is a microbiologist.
He can literally SEE bacteria evolving before his eyes with antibiotic resistance.
>>
>>60628944
did the bacteria turned into monkeys?
>>
>>60628744
>evolution is not happening today
>antibiotic resistant bacteria are not a thing
>>
>>60628744
Why would the single called organisms need to change if they inhabit the same environments for millions of years? And if you want to see single called organisms that do change, research the experiment with Nylonase and bacteria.
>>
>>60628911
ya its , weird, they are the only ones interested in self preservation, all the atheists and the left that hate religion (except islam and jews) and especially christianity are self destructive because of nihilism.

its like you need the noble lie
>>
>>60628893
>god is real cuz muh jewish fanfiction sez so!
This really is the proper way to debate. You should start posting fedora memes pretty soon, I don't know what's wrong with you guys tonight. You're slippin'!
>>
>the evolutiontards are back again today to try to convince us to their faith
>>
File: 1451168773271s.jpg (6 KB, 244x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451168773271s.jpg
6 KB, 244x250
>>60628870
>>60628893
>>60629080
>>
>>60629080
>Canadian "education"
Lol. If only /pol/ really was satire.
>>
>>60629080
Do they need to?
Anti-evolutionists can literally be proven wrong by antibiotic resistance.
>>
>>60628268
>believing God wasn't playing Spore 100.0
>>
prove evolution

>protip, you can't cause it is false
>>
>>60629138
>"i only belief in science!!!!!!!!"
how asshurt does it make you to know that the greatest scientist was christian
>>
>>60628906
I have bio 1 & 2 orgo 1 & 2 quit and switched major after i saw what BS it was.

>>60628911
>Liberal
>atheist
>calling others fat
what.jpg

>>60628944
Antibiotic resistance
Evolution
So the DNA code elongates when they learn to resist

Yawn learn here show daddy
http://www.creationresearch.org/crsq/articles/41/41_4/bact_resist.htm

The mechanisms of mutation and natural selection aid bacteria populations in becoming resistant to antibiotics. However, mutation and natural selection also result in bacteria with defective proteins that have lost their normal functions.

Evolution requires a gain of functional systems for bacteria to evolve into man—functioning arms, eyeballs, and a brain, to name a few.

Inb4 sickle cell argument.
>>
>>60629385
antibiotic resistance
>>
File: 1449711107244.jpg (93 KB, 1032x758) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449711107244.jpg
93 KB, 1032x758
>>60629162
> observable, testable evidence
> faith
> Creationists, pic related
>>
>>60629162
Threads this week:
Religion :at least 12.
Christianity specifically (not counting retarded Christ Chan memes) :8 threads
Atheist (secular) threads: this one.
Who's trying to convince whom now?
>>
>>60628268
You can show gravity

You can show multiverse

You can show atoms

You can show cells

You cant show evolution. The end. Most atheists dont believe in it. Its literally science to fit a narrative.
>>
>>60629468
only proves selection, not evolution

now prove evolution cuck
>>
>>60629379
adaptation != evolution
try again
>>
>>60628617
But we are, technically speaking.

All life on Earth - animal, vegetable, fungal - has a single common ancestor. And plants and animals most likely emerged as distinct entities about one billion years ago.
>>
>>60628563
Bats originally were only able to glide, like flying squirrels. Flying squirrels seem to have no problem walking and climbing around. The only difference is that bats had webbing between their fingers, a mutation that even some people have. It could have even been used for swimming before they were able to fly.
>>
>>60629439
>using a creationist website as a source
top
fucking
kek

"
The mechanisms of mutation and natural selection aid bacteria populations in becoming resistant to antibiotics. However, mutation and natural selection also result in bacteria with defective proteins that have lost their normal functions."

Exactly the same with humans.
Do you not understand simple fucking biology?
>>
>>60629508
prove evolution

you can't, cause your a rockcuck
>>
>>60629508
When did you observe fish turn into monkeys?
>>
>thinking "early" man skulls are anything but extinct apes

top kek
>>
>>60629564
The two are not mutually exclusive.
Adaptation will have led to changes in animals over extended periods of times, as clearly illustrated here
>>60628732
>>
>>60629550
You do understand that natural selection is an agent of evolution, right?
>>
>>60628308
atheistcucks would argue that whale pelvises aren't necessary until they found out that whales need them for reproductory purposes
>>
>>60628268
We've lost a chimp's !orth of brain since Cro-magnon/neandertal times...
>>
File: dogphoto.jpg (171 KB, 500x392) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dogphoto.jpg
171 KB, 500x392
>>60629548
There you go you stupid fucking moron. There's a reason why we have dog breeds that didn't exist in the past, or why you need a different flu shot every year. If you believe in micro evolution and just refuse to believe that macro evolution happens after many millions of years of micro evolution you are an illogical retard.
>>
>>60629698
yes because if you flap your arms really fast for long enough they turn into wings, right? sod off, cunt
>>
>>60629804
wut is brain/body ratio
>>
>>60629702
selection is only selection, has literally NOTHING to do with mutation of shit

prove evolution, no you can't
>>
>>60629550
>animals or microorganisms changing to live
>changing
>you accept this as evidence
>christians vehemently deny that animals could have changed over millions of years


Just give it up, cucks. Enjoy your christianity, but you're fucking wrong and the whole world laughs at you.
>>
>>60629631
Why is this still an argument? You think a fish crawled out of the ocean and magically turned into a monkey. It took literal hundreds of millions of years for that to happen, it wasn't direct.
>>
>>60629523
The secularists. The Christian threads were a discussion about Christianity, not an attack on irreligion. They had no argument in the OP for Christianity - their purpose was to merely discuss it. This thread, however, has a clear argument against Creationism, and therefore Biblical Christianity. So if you ask who is trying to convince whom, I say it is you lot.
>>
File: 1451170115673.jpg (50 KB, 500x375) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451170115673.jpg
50 KB, 500x375
>>60629439
> "Mutations, on the other hand, can potentially account for the origin of antibiotic resistance within the bacterial world, but involve mutational processes that are contrary to the predictions of evolution. "
> "any change that appears to provide a so-called "beneficial" adaptation is commonly seen as a driving force of evolution. Indeed, some mutations, such as antibiotic resistance, can be beneficial since they may provide the organism an increased ability to survive under very specific environmental conditions. Thus, evolutionists typically conclude that genetic examples of "evolutionary change" are abundant and that creationists are forced to deny this readily observed evidence."
Omg please keep posting this is creationcuck gold
>>
>>60629865
>hurr durr I have no idea about biology but if I make retarded arguments that'll get em1!!!
>>
What if evolution was part of God's plan all along?
>>
>>60629573
What is the wolf

>>60629612
50 million year old bat fossils
The fossil record sheds no light on the bat’s alleged evolution from non-flying creatures. The oldest known (by evolutionary “dating” methods) fossil bats are practically indistinguishable from modern ones

>>60629613
Adaption is not evolution muhammad. Go have some bacon now shoo shoo.
>>
>>60629819
>dogs and wolves aren't the same species

good example of macro evolution AHAAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 1452275794875.gif (2 MB, 249x199) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452275794875.gif
2 MB, 249x199
>>60629865
>>
>>60628268
why cant there be god and evolution


what if god is science
>>
>>60629892
I didn't say it was direct or immediate. Let's for argument's sake agree that it took millions of years, fine. How did we observe over millions of years that fish turned into monkeys?
>>
File: 1451961088891.png (1 MB, 513x1117) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451961088891.png
1 MB, 513x1117
>>60629631
>>
>>60629891
a dog produces a dog
>it might be a wolf
still a dog

you show me evidence of 1, ONLY 1 animal changing from 1 kind to a different KIND and you win

you believe you came from a rock, you are a rockcuck
>>
>>60629819
are you saying that black people in africa are more evolved since they've adapted to their environment by developing their melanin-enriched skin
adaptation != evolution
>>
The fossils are older because we found them deeper in the ground. Also they have super special radioactive isotopes and blah blah you are insignificant and nothingness. Explain cones and rods and renal physiology and bees and pollen. Missing link, etc. Either those are fake, animals, or we have been here far shorter and those are like groups of fish as to a shark
>>
>>60628832
>tripfagging
>refuting modern biology, anthropology, archaeology, and chemistry
>refuting chemistry
How the fuck do people not realise how important chemistry is?
>and suggesting that a series of books written by a people whose sole existence is to lie and cheat others is good explanation for the creation of everything.
M8, im sorry to tell you this, but you have the autism.
>t. Biochemist
>>
>>60629819
If you believed in evolution you would know dogs came from wolves. but before the wolf theres nada enjoy m8!

>>60629907
There is no mutation which elongates the DNA or is beneficial to the organism found in nature inb4 muh bacteria adaption and they lose proteins in the process so its counterproductive.
This is literally what evolutionist believe

fish + fish = human

HOLY FUCK
>>
I love how christcucks have been btfo'd on the whole idea of evolution of small variances (eg antibacterial resistance) so now resort to "micro" and "macro" evolution (something never discussed in any formal holy text and has no real meaning because we know evolution doesn't happen in large chunks at a time)
>>
>>60629889
Selection of what? The organisms most likely to survive. An organism who can sense light, for example, would have an advantage over one who doesn't. That organism mates, spreads it's genes, and those that do not suit the environment (those who can't see) either stay in their niche (dark caves and such) or die due to competition. It's not hard.
>>
>>60630147
>>60630166
Why do proteins only synthesise from the left pair of amino sequencing? Also do you think the Sun is a reactor? You bowtie bitches know nothing
>>
>>60630126
Can you see the different chemical compounds in the two? No I never refuted chem. Your argument is this structure is like this structure so it came from this. You know a lot of poisions have structures similar to harmless chemicals too.

Let me guess 18-20 and think you are gonna be a doctor ehh
>>
>>60630147
>There is no mutation which elongates the DNA

What is this memery?
A mutation of DNA doesn't necessarily elongate it. Are you that fucking retarded?
The whole point of a mutation is that it changes the base pairs that code for protein function. Mutations don't elongate DNA.
>>
Any1 here show proof of 1 animal changing from 1 kind to another and you win


but you can't
>>
>>60629439
Yes, mutation will also result in defective bacteria. Natural selection gets rid of these.

What was BS in Bio 1 and 2? The part about genetics?
Every time a bacteria cell splits, it leaves an identical cell. Except it's not. It's mostly identical, but sometimes there are errors made in the copying process. These are called mutations. They happen rarely by simple mitosis, but are quite common from radiation (cancer) and other environmental processes. If a mutation happens to give the organism a higher chance of survivability, it is more likely to be passed on to the next generation of organism, especially in the case of bacteria and other single-celled organisms.

Do you disagree with any of this? This is observable science, and can easily be replicated in a lab.
>>
File: 1449983359838.jpg (73 KB, 400x363) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449983359838.jpg
73 KB, 400x363
>>60630037
Fossils, you nigger, since neither of us were alive for the last billion years.
> Google
> "fossil evidence for evolution"
>>
>>60630293
>proteins only synthesise from the left pair of amino sequencing

That literally makes no sense. You clearly have no understanding of protein synthesis.
>>
>>60630147
You know those threads that show how stupid feminists are?
You know nothing about evoloution whatsoever, do you even know any scripture, do you pay attention during mass?
Ignorant bastard.
>>
>>60628732
cats, whales and bats evolved from humans confirmed
>>
>>60630166
where's the proof of any single species that "evolved" into every other species? how come those particular fossils of "proto-lions" and "proto-wolves" and "proto-elephants" don't exist?
>>
>>60630166
Evolution does not happen large scale heheheh we so smart.

goo mated with goo and made a frog. Literally what.
>>
>>60630037
What is the fossil record.
What is gene expression.
What are integrated viruses.
What is radiometric dating.
What is structural analysis.
>>
>>60630293
Meant not for >>60630147 but the guy he was taling to. >>60630166 still applies.
>>60630346
This
>>60630239
Who(m) does the selecting? Manatee computers?
>>
>>60630058
What's a kind?
>>
File: 1452290049865.jpg (80 KB, 900x702) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452290049865.jpg
80 KB, 900x702
>>60628268
>imblying creation and evolution are mutually exclusive
???
>>
>>60630398
>where's the proof of any single species that "evolved" into every other species?

Fossils.
Google a bit, mate.

>>60630401
>admits that there's so called "micro" evolution
>can't contemplate that millions of small differences over millions of years may result in large differences from the start and end product

top
kek
>>
>>60630315
If evolution was real the strand would elongate. Otherwise you just have variation not a new species buddy.

HE DOESNT KNOE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EVOLUTION AND VARIATION HAHAHAHAHAHA

>>60630347
Yeah i dont think its got rid of any of it and i have yet to observe it

>>60630364
Transition fossils dont exist.

>>60630390
Im mad and losing. Let me call names now.
>>
>>60629385
reminder I'm laughing at you, not with you
8/10 tho
>>
>>60630300
Nice one.
Good little ad hominem there at the bottom.
And that just shows you're shitposting and not reading half of the diagrams.
Chemistry is directly related to biology, have you ever heard of a chemical reaction? Or is knowledge haram?
>>
>>60630364
So we couldn't observe or repeat it? Very scientific, no?
Show me an intermediary fossil from a fish to a monkey.
>>
>>60630239
so what?

that is selection, not evolution
>>
>>60630548
there are no fossils of "proto-lions"
there are no fossils of "proto-elephants"
there are no fossils of "proto whales"
there are no fossils of any "original species" that diverged into all of those things
>>
>>60630472
I know from doing tests using radiometric dating when it gets over 10k years it takes A FAT FUCKING DUMP. a lot of scientist dont always use carbon either. read up they use what fits the study. the problem with 21st century science.
>>
>>60630571
>If evolution was real the strand would elongate.

What strand?
Are you trying to throw as many buzzwords in as possible

Also, topkek at christcucks.
I fucking love it when they try to use modern biology knowledge we've ascertained through much hard work to try and disprove a modern biological theory because their book says so.
>>
>>60630574
show me proof of 1 kind changing to another?

you can't, and you still cuck on
>>
>>60630657
>prokaryote

>not an original species

I'm done.
>>
>>60630571
>the strand would elongate
Thats bullshit, thats like saying cancer is entirely made out of DNA because it is a mutation of existing cells.
>>
>>60630688
prove 1 kind turned into another and then you win

you can't rockcuck
>>
>>60630525
The environment does the selecting, and you know this. You're not making yourself look smart here. If to survive you have to climb a hill, anything that can climb the hill will survive, and anything that can't climb the hill will die. The one that climbs the hill the fastest gets the most and dominates the environment. This isn't even science, this is common sense.
>>
>>60630548
Micro is not real. I had the italian lizard experiment crammed down my throat until i asked my professor if the italian lizards could have just mated with the native reptile species creating a new variation. Or if their diet and added sunlight could just have allowed for optimal growth conditions.

Literal butt hurt

>>60630605
Dis is dis im a doctor my daddy pay my college. my jew teacher say so i am right.
FYI: couple years ago scientists thought heroin and coke could cure colds.
>>
>all of these contrarians pretending that they actually believe in creationism and aren't just baiting
>>
File: 1359120938779.png (470 KB, 869x810) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1359120938779.png
470 KB, 869x810
>>60629548
can't show plate tectonics, cosmic inflation or most subatomic phenomena either.

It's a shame you dropped out of college, but it was inevitable all in all.


>>60630742
oh, is cuck out of the word filter now?
>proof
nigger, there is nothing that can convince you, and nothing that can convince you that there is nothing that can convince you.

That's how fucked you are.
>>
>>60630754
that's your "evidence"? you're retarded
>>
>>60630799
Consider the following.

If we know life has been on earth for millions of years.
And christianity states that suddenly, god just "made" the animals we have today


...when did they suddenly appear?

Why do we not have evidence for massive ecological change over a spectacularly short amount of time? Surely habitats would change significantly if animals just all appeared at once?
>>
>>60630861
>>60630892
>>60630928


prove 1 kind turned into another, please
>>
File: the star.jpg (39 KB, 400x553) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
the star.jpg
39 KB, 400x553
eh, who gives a shit what abrahamic pseudoreligious people think about secularism? they barely believe what they spout on a daily basis. if they truly believed half of the shit in their goatfucker journals, they'd be living in hovels, praising jesus or allah or whatever, and beating their women with sticks. none of these people lead a practical religious life. they lead a secular lifestyle with a religious veneer to pose some sort of moral objectivity and right of will over others. in reality, the real religious people are the ones blowing themselves up, or prostrating themselves to the lord day in day out, avoiding any work of any kind on the sabbath, stoning women to death for infidelity, not worshiping craven images, not wearing clothes with mixed fibers, stoning their disrespectful children to death... all of these things you pseudoreligious people don't do because you made the moral individual choice not to do so, and not because your lord whispered it to you. i doubt any of you even have read your "god's word" in its original language. some devotion to the lord's message to you, that you can't even be bothered learning a new language just to be closer to the god you shove down people's throats, and ridicule people for not believing in.
>>
>>60630385
You're welcome https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL6-cVj-ZRivqKeqAklhYfFFmmAdvwcnCT&v=shyI-aQaXD0
>>
>>60630835
The environment does not select, because it does not think, because it does not have conciousness. It is just there.
>>
>>60630632
It selected the one that mutated, genius. It didn't have light sensors before, and it does now. What do you call that? >>60630664
Radiometric dating has more than one form, genius. The one you're talking about is Radiocarbon dating. There's more than one method.
>>
>>60630966
You're completely avoiding the question because you can't answer it.

Nice. Are you one of those die hard christ cuck Nigerians? Considering the flag, I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>60630688
My friends an atheist and doesnt believe in it. In mutation the DNA shortens. this is the opposite of evolution. Only variation exists. Never will you see an elephant mating with another elephant and making a whole new animal. Wont happen.

You people pick straws at everything and say sickle cell is evolution because you cant get malaria. Cells shaped like sickles. immense pain. Lower blood oxygen levels... this is like saying having no legs is evolution because you cant jump to your death.

>>60630784
Your right they do mutate...But does it make something new?
>>
Lenski experiment
>>
>>60630849
>ad hominem as damage control
>admitting im right necause you cant think up any coherent response.
Ciз дepьмo бyмeн кyчa бoлып тaбылaды
>>
>>60631025
if you claim evolution is true then surely you can produce some evidence?
>>60631062
you claim evolution, so prove it, or are you arguing from faith?
>>
>>60630892
Yawn Im a STEM major with a 3.6 you are a 19 year old who will end up a nurse or having to take a masters to get into medschool of bahamas.
>>
>>60628357

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA HORSES HAVE NO TOES! GOD IS REAL! YOU AND YOUR FALSE PROPHET DARWIN WILL BURN FOREVER!!!
>>
>>60630986
>kent hovind

>MY SIDES

Isn't this the nigga who got put in prison for scamming or something to do with taxes?

The guy literally doesn't beliieve in tectonic plates.
Just kill yourself.
>>
>>60629548
You can't even show gravity or the multiverse. You can't see atoms with visible light, only with beams of electrons. The only two that you listed that are actually observable are cells and evolution.

Gravity: We still have no idea why it exists, what it is, what causes it, or even how to model it. We had to make up "Dark Matter" to explain why galaxies don't fly apart. Newtons laws are only an approximation at large scales, don't work at all on small scales, and don't work at high speeds. General Relativity is nice, but it doesn't work with any theories at the quantum level and still can't explain Dark Matter.

Multiverse: This is often thrown around in the popsci circuits. It's not just this imaginary idea of multiple universes. It's about non-homogeneity in our universe. Our current understanding of the universe is that there was an inflation period where the universe expanded rapidly for a few million years. To prove this theory, we should find traces of gravity waves created by this expansion. We haven't found those yet. BICEP thought they found some a while ago, but it was just cosmic dust. The multiverse is a theory that says that the inflation theory results in uncontrollable quantum action that would allow certain parts of the early universe to keep inflating while other parts (like ours) stop. Those inflating parts could split, and so on, until we have an unknown and possibly infinitely growing universe. In such a universe, just about anything is possible, and each of these segments of non-inflating universe is called a multiverse.

Atoms: Light waves at frequencies high enough to diffract atomically scaled objects will necessarily be too high in energy to not destroy the atoms they're trying to view. We use waves of electrons to do this instead.

Cells: Easily observed under a microscope.

Evolution: Easily observed under a microscope, but also in the macroscopic world. Everything from apples to zebras can be bred to have certain traits.
>>
>>60631157
you claim evolution, prove it

I will literally admit you are right if you just prove evolution
>>
>>60631157
This is the guy who btfo everyone he debates. You can try to mock all you want but insulting is just a sign of losing. The winner remains cool calm and collective and does not have a dad who works in socialist medicine in an islamic country.
>>
>>7774317
>atheist

Not him, I am a Catholic and laugh at creationists too.
>>
>>60631003
Literally the most retarded argument I've seen so far
It doesn't pick and choose like a human, child. Those that fit the environment survive, and those that don't, die. That's selection. Call it whatever you want if it makes you feel better.
>>
>>60631137
You claim that all the evidence (for probably the most scrutinised scientific theory human kind has ever had) we currently have is wrong. Surely, you must be able to explain an alternative if you point blank refuse? Just some simple questions?

Consider the following.

If we know life has been on earth for millions of years.
And christianity states that suddenly, god just "made" the animals we have today


...when did they suddenly appear?

Why do we not have evidence for massive ecological change over a spectacularly short amount of time? Surely habitats would change significantly if animals just all appeared at once?
>>
>>60631144
>Im a STEM major
webdev "on leave" detected

>>60631240
did you miss all those posts at the beginning of the thread?
>>
>>60631177
Cant show gravity...

Drops can it hits ground.

Not reading the rest you are blurping BS. Hows the lab work making 40k.
>>
>>60631071
Not technically, the cells reproduce rampantly, the DNA never changes in length.
өзiнe ciздi өлтipyгe лac швeд
>>
>>60631304
Show one new species that has physically been seen coming from two different species. PHYSICALLY SEEN.

I will admit im wrong.
>>
>>60628461
Because chimpansee is similar to our common ancestor. Chimpanzees were evolving all the tine too, but there was no pressure for them to change their appearance in such lengths as in humans.
>>
>>60631265
I completely agree. But 'selection' is a bad word for it, because nothing is literally being selected.
>>
>>60631381
Consider the following.

If we know life has been on earth for millions of years.
And christianity states that suddenly, god just "made" the animals we have today


...when did they suddenly appear?

Why do we not have evidence for massive ecological change over a spectacularly short amount of time? Surely habitats would change significantly if animals just all appeared at once?

Still waiting for an answer from someone
>>
>>60629439
Lol you seriously think christians aren't the fattest demographic in the US? Next to blacks, they are.
>>
>>60631316
What he meant was since gravity is an unobservable force, noone beleived Isaac Newton, which is a fact that you can look up.
>>
>>60628617

Now you're learning. All of life is related. Bananas and humans - along with all other life forms - share a common ancient ancestor.
>>
>>60631275
>>60631304

prove that 1 kind turned into another

if you have science on your side then show me the source and the debate is over

so provide evidence and you win
>>
>>60631395
Chimps are evolving all the time still? So shouldnt more of the stuff in the middle be coming still why dont we see that anymore.
>>
>>60631381
>coming from two different species
you have no idea how evolution works, do you?
>>
>>60631381
one new species from two different species? do you even understand the concept of evolution?
>>
>>60631157
>thinks the earth is round and we put men past the van allen belt
>I don't know if he is that guu but tax fraud is not a huge deal
>thinks we can take footage of 'nukes' going off, and the camera just sitting there laughing
Think of this for a moment. Red Bull space jump guy. He goes up. He jumps down. He lands pretty much exactly where he started from on the ground. That's fucking retarded to the conventional narrative if in fact he were above the stratosphere. Which he was. Explain now please and do it well this time
>>
>>60631071
In mutation the DNA CHANGES. It COULD lengthen, it COULD shorten, it COULD be mistranslated. Two strands fusing together is a mutation. A strand breaking into 2 is a mutation. An extra allele or chromosome is a mutation. All of these affect DNA in different ways. It's not a one size fits all thing.
>>
>>60629548
Evolution just says that they can be bred enough to produce new species, which is true. Breeding a horse and a donkey will create a mule. Breeding a lion and a tiger will make a liger. However, this is apart from the issue. The idea is that species can reproduce certain traits enough to become sexually incompatible with other members of their own species. This makes them two separate species. Speciation has been observed in nature over the last two hundred years, particularly by scientists recently on the Galapagos Islands.

To the adaptation != evolution argument:
Adaptation can create speciation. Speciation is a small-scale form of evolution. Speciation over long periods of time leads to more speciation. This is literally the definition of evolution.
>>
>>60628911

im an atheist and i would vote for trump

fuck off
>>
>>60631137
I literally just described the processes.
>>
>>60629406
>greatest scientific
Wew lad
>>
>>60631461
you're right, evolution is false, the bible is true.

It's OK. You're right, don't worry anymore.
>>
You can be conservative and still not have to dismiss proven facts
>>
>>60631454
toyota has 4 wheels
skateboard has 4 wheels

>huurr durr they share the same father

retarded argument from rockcuck

or, they might share the same designer
>>
File: le hat joke.png (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
le hat joke.png
26 KB, 640x480
>>60629138
>ctrl+f
>fedora
>only post is a post asking where the fedora post are

Is the fedora meme, dare i say it, officially over?
>>
>>60628906
You're lucky. I had a similar experience but I think it's much rarer in the US.
>>
>>60631461
>the christcuck meme that "if we don't know already then we will never be able to prove it"

topkek.
This is why people hate you. You scream the same thing over and over and over again willfully being ignorant.

For your arguments to work you either have to be completely devoid of any knowledge of basic biology, strawman the argument or be utterly retarded.
>>
>>60631381
Grizzly bears.
Most Alaskan dogs.
All gmos.
>>
>>60631547
yeah, i'm voting for trump too, and i'm an atheist. hell, who wouldnt want muslims in their country MORE than an atheist?
>>
>>60631555
you described the process but you provided no evidence

If you claim you came from a rock you need evidence and not a speculative process
>>
>>60631403
One can argue that the dominant organism is being 'selected' to continue its reproduction.
>>
>>60631418
Here ill make some of these, and some of these cool. Ill make these like snow and these like woods. I mean hes god he can do whatever. He made the setting and dropped in the characters.

>>60631435
Atheists are the most suicidal and most unlikely to reproduce.

>>60631445
I pick up rock I drop rock

>>60631454
Wolf has no common ancestor. This keeps getting skipped lmao.

So I was once a banana...you really believe this.
>>
>>60631492
>he doesn't believe in parachutes or orbits

holy kek.
I didn't realise this sort of delusion existed.
>>
>>60631614
so prove it and you win
>>
>>60628268
>not believing in an all loving and all powerful god.

hope you enjoy burning in hell you satanist fucker
>>
>>60631674
By whom?
>>
>>60630346
That's not a requirement to prove evolution as that's not a claim of evolution.
>>
Only a complete retard with 2 digit IQ would consider god and evolution to be mutually exclusive.

Discuss
>>
>>60631474
>>60631473
What is hearing and talking? Like the invisible market hand you think nature never combines only improves but it's not a god or The God. It's muh old man and his heresy and shit. But protein became birds and beaks became mouths. Or moths? Go away Santa Claus
>>
>>60631682
And it falls.
The absence of an explanation was a good explanation at the time.
>>
>>60631473
Species A and Species A mate
Species B comes

An A and an A cant make a B

>>60631493
No mutation exists where the DNA lengthens only shortens.

>>60631616
Variations i have fucking been over this 100 times its not a new species.
>>
>>60629966
>50 million year old bat fossils
Right around the same time a HUGE period of diversification and shit happened. All sorts of new species were popping up to fill up new environments n' shit.
>>
>>60631682
>instead of unfathomably complex chemical reactions and biological processes we get "well he's god n shiet"

Christians, everybody.
>>
>>60629548
Evolution is proven at this point... only the uneducated or literal idiots don't realize this.

As just ONE example we've literally seen evolution happen in fish in the wild by conducting experiments that introduce certain fish to environments with different predators or other variables... but besides that there's an INSANELY large amount of proof to show evolution is real.

You're probably one of those idiots that says "Oh but Evolution is JUST a theory" not understanding that "theory" in science means something totally different than "theory" in everyday language.
>>
File: fag jesus.jpg (44 KB, 400x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fag jesus.jpg
44 KB, 400x400
i repeat: who gives a shit what abrahamic pseudoreligious people think about secularism? they barely believe what they spout on a daily basis. if they truly believed half of the shit in their goatfucker journals, they'd be living in hovels, praising jesus or allah or whatever, and beating their women with sticks. none of these people lead a practical religious life. they lead a secular lifestyle with a religious veneer to pose some sort of moral objectivity and right of will over others. in reality, the real religious people are the ones blowing themselves up, or prostrating themselves to the lord day in day out, avoiding any work of any kind on the sabbath, stoning women to death for infidelity, not worshiping craven images, not wearing clothes with mixed fibers, stoning their disrespectful children to death... all of these things you pseudoreligious people don't do because you made the moral individual choice not to do so, and not because your lord whispered it to you. i doubt any of you even have read your "god's word" in its original language. some devotion to the lord's message to you, that you can't even be bothered learning a new language just to be closer to the god you shove down people's throats, and ridicule people for not believing in.
>>
>>60631726
Disprove it and you win
>>
>>60631771
that is EXACTLY the claim of evolution

that 1 kind of animal turned into another kind

prove it or stay cucked
>>
>>60631730
>literally living in fear of a fairy tail
being you is suffering

>>60631780
is this some kind of autistic haiku?

>>60631805
>Species A and Species A mate
confirmed for having zero clue
>>
File: 1450331084435.jpg (52 KB, 600x596) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450331084435.jpg
52 KB, 600x596
>>60629948

That is actually the Vatican's official position. Has been for years. When the Pope himself concedes that evolution, like the heliocentric theory, is a fact, you know that Christianity is over.
>>
>>60631700
>parachute affects your 'orbit' for that last .00001% of jump
>meaning anything
>>
>>60628617
See? A retarded attempt to make fun of an argument you don't like is actually a teaching point for you.

We ARE related to bananas, just as we're related to EVERY living thing on this planet.
>>
>>60631852
I don't have to disprove it, I didn't make a claim

If you claim evolution is true then prove it
>>
>>60631778
Fair point honestly.
The bacteria didnt just magically appear.
Unless of course you believe that lightning can turn acidic substances into life, which is pretty impossible.
>>
>>60631663
>>60630472
>>
>>60628268
Heres what I believe.

God makes Earth. Cool he adds some setting maps some designs and shit awesome. Now we need characters. He bases everything off a system that he can alter small parts of to make different things or he can make variations of the same species editing this system (DNA)

Laugh all you want. Ever play an MMO? Same shit character creator is the games way to edit the DNA, and the map was designed by a creator as well.
>>
>>60629966
>What is the wolf

What? A wolf is a species of canine.

Where do you want to go with this?
>>
>>60631967
prove it

don't insinuate, actually prove it and I will fold
>>
>>60628268
>monkeys sort of look like humans
>therefore we came from monkeys

Wew
>>
File: 1451805795142.png (122 KB, 500x281) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451805795142.png
122 KB, 500x281
>>60629406
Of course I only believe in science. It's another way of saying I live in this reality and not in imaginary cuck fairy tales.

> "LOL THIS GUY ONLY BELIEVES IN THINGS THAT CAN BE REASONABLY PROVEN TO EXIST/OCCUR"
> ...
>>
>>60628595
You do realize that was totally debunked, right? I'm not even sure if this is b8 tbqh familia
>>
>>60631952
You made the claim that all the scientific evidence we know is false and that you know it's false.

Therefore, explain to me how it's false.

Surely to have such strong convictions over the falsehood of a theory you must at least attempt to disprove it?
>>
>>60631754
We literally just went over this. It's just a word. I have provided context for the word. You know what it means.
>>
>>60631879
No
>>
>>60631841

The voice of reason. Christians will actually try to debate this.
>>
>literally proves every science completely wrong
>don't realize that this still doesnt prove god exists, and in fact, makes it more difficult, since they've just destroyed the scientific method

y'all niggas don't get it.
no wonder most blacks are religious.
>>
>>60629966
"The earliest known bat, Onychonycteris finneyi, was recently described from the early Eocene of Wyoming (about 52 million years old). While primitive by the standards of modern bats Onychonycteris had the wings of a fully functional, flying bat. Unlike the wings of modern bats, each of its digits had tiny claws, suggesting that it could climb in trees - perhaps hanging beneath small branches while searching for insects or moving to a good launching point. However, studies suggest that this bat was fully capable of flight."

The fossil record isn't just a library of everything that ever existed. Complete mammalian fossils are rare at best, considering there hasn't been a mass extinction aside from the ice age since the first mammals came around. Just because something doesn't exist in the fossil record doesn't mean it never existed. It just means we haven't yet found a fossil of it. That's why it's a job. Forty years ago, people laughed at evolutionists because we hadn't found transitionary fossils that show fish with lungs and gills. Now we have.
>>
>>60631778
The time frames don't fit.
>>
>>60631472
You do you dumb tripfag it just takes millions of years. Notice how a chimp's baby doesn't look exactly like it?
>>
>>60628268
that doesn't prove anything. those are just cherry picked ancient degenerated people. because they are organized in a way which makes them appear to gradually change?

that's like showing pictures of different mice from large to small and saying that the mice grew to evolve into the biggest mouse from the smallest.

just because you organize it a certain way, so what? proves nothing.
>>
File: 1451804427339.jpg (11 KB, 155x202) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451804427339.jpg
11 KB, 155x202
>>60632064
Proof that the evidence posted went right over your head
>>
>>60631822
Because they randomly felt like it right

>>60631827
Were part banana. Atheists everyone

>>60631840
Its not proven its forced by an agenda. Science is literally meme shit today.

>>60631948
We was gravel nd shit
>>
>>60632096
I didn't read it next to the blasphemy
>>
>>60632082
It's a poor choice of word.
>>
>>60631841
>pseudoreligious people
this x1000 times
I hate that mental gymnastics people do to reconcile their bronze age beliefs in this day and age.

>dude the creation myth is just a metaphor :^)
>the snake didn't really talk. it was just a metaphor
>JUST
>A
>METAPHOR

Yah because fucking God was a riddle master
>>
>>60631805
What is gene fusion
What is HERV-E
>>
I believe in evolution.

I believe as a species, we came from the sea.

But why would evolution set it up so that we could no longer drink sea water?
>>
>>60632080
I actually didn't

I simply asked for proof of 1 kind of animal changing to another kind
>the clim of evolution

if you can't prove it you are making an argument from faith

simple as
>>
>>60628268
>anthropomorphised neanderthals
>they would have looked like fucking apes
>look at the lack of a forehead
>lack of a nose and the huge ass brow ridge
>2016 and don't know about the annunaki

>inb4 "muh ancient aliens on history channel"

at best the human race has been on this planet a lot longer and none of these are our ancestors, just contemporaries.
>>
>>60632015
has nothing before it.

>>60632154
They have been around for millions of years...They are still not evolving THEY HAVE BEEN HERE FOR MILLIONS BUT THEY ARE STILL FUCKING CHIMPS doing it lol and as it matures it does.
>>
>>60631952
> impossible standard of evidence
> unless it's about a faggy god masturbating to mary in the sky
>>
>>60632163
I'm not an atheist.
I'm a christian.
The fact that you looneys feel such a sense of conviction that you have to argue for a laughable attempt to explain life on earth 2000 years ago by some retards in the middle east and not just accept that the bible didn't get everything right is laughable.
>>
>>60631682
>Wolf has no common ancestor. This keeps getting skipped lmao.
>So I was once a banana...you really believe this.


http://www.britannica.com/animal/Miacis

>Miacis is representative of a group of early carnivores, the miacids, that were the ancestors of modern caniforms—which include the canids (that is, the dogs, coyotes, wolves, foxes, and jackals)
>>
>>60632264
Here for atheism: We were all just here the end
>>
>White Adam and Eve fucked
>Now we have niggers
Checkmate, christcucks
>>
>>60631472

Because their lineage stayed in the forests and changes in the phenotype are very small. Human lineage, on the other hand, had a lot of evolutionary pressures and needed to adapt, the scale at which we changed is something very rare in the history of the Earth.

Also do people really believe that Christian=creationist and atheist=evolutionist, or is it just an American thing?
>>
>>60631942
Aaaand, nothing.
>>60632068
BUT ISSA WEEAHRITY!
>>
>>60632290
Mispelled muslim.
>>
>>60632264
be evolution
claim 1 kind can change to another

>asked for evidence of the claim

THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE STANDARD

prove it or claim faith cuck
>>
>>60632143

<80 IQ detected
>>
>>60632259
>THEY HAVE BEEN HERE FOR MILLIONS BUT THEY ARE STILL FUCKING CHIMPS
Because that specific group doesn't necessitate a significant change in order to survive well in its environment, dumbfuck. We see significant genetic diversification occurring when a line of creatures need to adapt to a new or changing environment, like with the arctic fox.
>>
>>60632163
>gravel is an organic form of life

Do you not understand how a banana is a form of life and a rock is an inanimate chuck of stone?
>>
File: 1401312019046.png (301 KB, 800x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1401312019046.png
301 KB, 800x600
>>60628911
>degenerate atheist into transvestites

color me surprised.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 567x561) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 567x561
God damn the tripfag in this thread is literally unfathomably retarded. Like unreasonably ignorant. Just put a bullet in your skull and say hi to Jesus for me you fucking subhuman.
>>
>>60632163
No really... it IS proven and absolutely. We don't know literally everything about it but we do KNOW and ABSOLUTELY that evolution does happen. The body of proof for evolution is massive and astonishing. But I don't expect someone of your intellect and closed mindset to understand :( It's a shame really that with the availability of knowledge in the world there are still people like you... but whatever, the ignorant and stupid will never go away.
>>
evolution is real, humans did not evolve without intervention. that much is easily known
>>
>>60632056
Did you actually look at any of those? They each prove it. The fossil record and radiometric dating gives the time line. Gene expression gives the process. Structural analysis shows the similarities and differences. Integrated viruses show relation between two or more species and subspecies. You are literally staring the proof in the face and ignoring it.
>>
File: wegwe.jpg (11 KB, 213x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
wegwe.jpg
11 KB, 213x200
>>60629439
>Yawn learn here show daddy
>http://www.creationresearch.org/crsq/articles/41/41_4/bact_resist.htm
>>
>>60632187
But it's what we've got. It doesn't affect the argument in any way.
>>
>>60632486
Buzzword bingo
>>
>>60632215
>if you can't prove it you are making an argument from faith

As opposed to yours..?
Evidently, as you have no understanding of how science in the modern ages works, I'll give you a quick run down.

>Very rarely in science do we guarantee that we know something is correct, hence "laws".
>Laws are rigorously researched and experimented before acceptance

>Most often in science we look at the EVIDENCE
>We make detailed analysis of the EVIDENCE that we have, look at what the EVIDENCE has and make a reasonable (and often conservative) extrapolation of the implication said EVIDENCE suggests.

Evolution is as much as a theory of faith as the chemical reaction 2Mg + O2 -> 2MgO
>>
>>60628268
Look at the Duckbilled Platypus:

>Duck like feet
>Duck bill
>Gives milk
>Has no nipples
>Males are venomous
>Lays eggs
>No separate vajayjay and anus. (Yes, one hole)

Conclusion:
That fucking thing was designed by a goddamned committee.

Monotheism disproven!
>>
>>60632486

Okay, let's be specific

Give me your best evidence of 1 kind of animal turning into a different kind of animal?

please do
>>
>>60632292
>http://www.britannica.com/animal/Miacis

This has hind limbs. so do dogs. they are related. Literlaly your argument dead serious this is what you are basing faith on.

>>60632338
I have buddys who are atheist and say the idea of evolution is utterly retarded.
>>
>>60628268
Those are just various extinct species of monkey.

God created man, those aren't man. He probably liked those monkeys quite a lot, because we seem share a lot of the same features, but we aren't the same, they are evolved and they have died, and we are created and go on living as a species. Bats and birds are quite alike physiologically but a bat has more in common genetically with a whale than it does a bird. Could it also not be the case that we only look similar to these extinct monkeys through sheer coincidence?
>>
File: 1448150253148.png (710 KB, 562x657) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448150253148.png
710 KB, 562x657
>>60632341
> insulting someone for living in reality
This thread has sated my thirst for christian rage
>>
>>60631381
>stem major
>doesn't even have a fundamental understanding of the very basics of evolution
Way to take the bait, /pol/.
>>
>>60632378
<Person who has never opened a science textbook or read the Bible detected
>>
>>60632542
It does, because of connotations to the word 'select', it implies a mind is behind it.
>>
>>60632572
so prove it, I have claimed nothing

I'm simply asking you to prove your claim

if you can't then you are arguing from faith
>>
>>60632259
So why do you think these two animals wouldn't be related?
>>
>>60632666
I understand that you're likely a subhuman nigger from Nigeria... but really?
Are you this unfathomably retarded?
>>
File: 1449711021012.jpg (15 KB, 219x265) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449711021012.jpg
15 KB, 219x265
>>60632373
I posted evidence you shill, that was the fucking point
>>
>>60632392
Again variation of same species not evolution. Its like you guys are autistic.

>>60632395
We wuz blueberrys.

>>60632459
No you dont its still just a theory friend ;). And it will never be a law because it does not follow the scientific method.
>>
Retard Rating:
1. Flat Earther
2. Evolution denier
3. Jewish conspiracy believer
4. 9/11 truther
5. Moon landing hoax believer
6. Vaccines cause autism
7. Fluorine is brain control juice
----power gap-----
9001. Liberal media wants to destroy civilization
9002. Lol the nazis weren't all that bad
9000000003. Vaporwave is good music
900000000000000004. God exists
90000000000000000000005. "Wew lad" is a funny meme
>>
>>60629236
>an American laughing at another nations education system

That's cute
>>
>>60632575
Fuckkkkkkk
>>
>>60632740
wew lad
>>
>>60632605
>Those are just various extinct species of monkey.

No. Those are races of man. They are the ones who didn't survive the flood that God warned Noah about.
>>
godcucks on suicide watch.
>>
>>60632588
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_species
There, now shut up
>>
>>60632718
prove your claim

I have asked for it 20 times now, if it is so fucking obvious then prove it
>>
File: 1451170175275s.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451170175275s.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>>60632597
> mai buddis say that evilution is a ly and thare athyist!!
>>
>>60632708
Because if evolution is real why would it need a direct relative? Would it not just have similarities to all creatures since we all share a common ancestor?

>>60632740
When your single.
>>
>>60632723
>Again variation of same species not evolution.
And what happens when significant variation occurs to the extent that an offspring from Group A cannot breed with an offspring from Group B? Do you think there's a set in stone "middleground" that this variation deviates from? How do you determine the middleground, and can you demonstrate its existence?
>>
>>60632597
>This has hind limbs. so do dogs. they are related. Literlaly your argument dead serious this is what you are basing faith on


http://news.discovery.com/animals/pets/dogs-not-as-close-kin-to-wolves-as-thought-140116.htm

>A widely held belief is that dogs evolved from gray wolves, but a new study finds that the common ancestor of dogs and wolves went extinct thousands of years ago.

>What's more, the extensive DNA analysis -- published in the latest PLoS Genetics -- found that dogs are more closely related to each other than to wolves, regardless of their geographic origin. The genetic overlap seen today between dogs and wolves is likely then due to interbreeding after dog domestication.

>The common ancestor of dogs and wolves was a large, wolf-like animal that lived between 9,000 and 34,000 years ago," Robert Wayne, co-senior author of the study, told Discovery News. "Based on DNA evidence, it lived in Europe."

This is like arguing with a 5 year old.
>>
>>60632722
but you didn't

show how 1 kind of animal turned into another

cause that is the claim of evolution correct?

now prove it rockcuck
>>
>>60632653
Change the word to whatever you want, call it natural blue waffle for all I care. Doesn't change the process. Which is what we are discussing.
>>
>>60632795
Interesting theory, I never considered that.
>>
>>60632740
>not liking wew lad
wew lad
>>
>>60632814
Just kill yourself.
You keep shitposting for evidence you know we don't have.
Are you hoping for some pictures someone took 50 million years ago or something?

Just kill yourself and say hi to Jesus for me, cuck.
>>
>>60630571
"Yeah i dont think its got rid of any of it and i have yet to observe it"

That's not even a sentence.

But I'm guessing you're trying to say that you don't believe that natural selection gets rid of weak members of the population in favor of stronger genes.

In humans, this is true. We are the top of the food chain. Our genetic deficiencies (like sickle cell anemia) are often treatable by medications.

However, for the rest of the animal kingdom, survival of the fittest is a daily process. Just because you "have yet to observe it" doesn't mean that scientists haven't. I've observed natural selection. In college, I created a strain of bacteria that could metabolize a common antibacterial substance. I also used simple genetic manipulation to insert a gene that would cause them to glow green under UV light. Then, I mixed them with non-mutant bacteria, and put them on an petri dish that contained an antibacterial substance.

Guess what happened.

The strain that had an antibacterial immunity lived. The rest of them didn't.

This mutation was man-made. I did it to the bacteria. However, it has been proven to occur in nature, in both the large and microscopic scale.

Observed.

Over periods of over 100 years.

By people who have dedicated their lives to researching the development of a single species.

http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Peter_and_Rosemary_Grant

Look up Peter and Rosemary Grant. They documented actual evolution over a 30+ year study in the Galapagos Islands.
>>
>>60632861
>Would it not just have similarities to all creatures since we all share a common ancestor?
We do have extreme similarities, like 95% of our genetic code being exactly the same.
>>
fucking christ aren't you people ashamed of yourselves?
>>
>>60632612
Oh is that what that was, now?
>I said parachutes and nothing else and I'm sticking with that
>>
>>60632799
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_species

that is literally just showing that a certain rabbit can't make babies with another rabbit, they are still rabbits you fucking cuck
>>
>>60632880
>cause that is the claim of evolution correct?

No.
This isn't the claim of evolution.

Ahh. This explains why it's like talking to a fucking wall when it comes to retarded christcucks.
>>
>>60632795
They would all be on the same sedimentary level then.
>>
>>60630657
There are fossils of all of those. In fact, there are more for whales and elephants than for most other species.
>>
>>60632869
Have not seen these yet. Dogs fuck wolves.

>>60632877
Cool so things with hind legs are not related. Then that ancestor to the wolf can be thrown out too.
>>
>>60632956
Your country is Islamic
>>
>>60632911
>just kill yourself

nice evidence
>>
File: 1449710169267.jpg (23 KB, 480x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449710169267.jpg
23 KB, 480x480
>>60632861
There are similarities among all creatures. Good job guy. Pretty soon, you'll start to get it.
>>
>>60632189
>not knowing about Enuma Elish

Genesis 1 could have been written during the Babylonian Exile due to its similarity with the Babylonian Creation myth. Keep in mind that the people for whom it was written probably knew the Babylonian myths and would recognise Enuma Elish in it. Why would it be written like this? The one big difference between Enuma Elish and Genesis 1 is that while the Babylonian story has a lot of nature gods, in the Bible there is only one God and nature is his creation. It's poetry senpai.

Don't worry, you will grow out of protestantism one day.
>>
>>60632861
>Because if evolution is real why would it need a direct relative?

Because life has only appeared once on planet Earth. You need a relative to be alive, hence why everyone on this planet has parents, grandparents, etc.

>Would it not just have similarities to all creatures since we all share a common ancestor?

There are things called dominant and recessive genes.
>>
>>60628563

desmodus rotundus (common vampire bat) is perfectly capable of running using its wingclaws, while also being able to fly like any other bat. there's nothing "counterproductive" about it
>>
File: 1445605980870.png (98 KB, 400x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445605980870.png
98 KB, 400x400
>>60628268
If this is true then why there are still apes like Orangutans and Chimpanzees around?
>>
>>60632968
Which is why I asked WHAT THE FUCK IS A KIND???
>>
>>60632923
not reading to long a descent argument can be summarized in a few sentences. A book is reaching for straws.

>>60632952
I dont think i have anything in common with a banana m8 hate to burst your bubble.
>>
>>60632723
>No you dont its still just a theory friend ;). And it will never be a law because it does not follow the scientific method.

I KNEW IT!!! You're one of the TOTAL ignorant idiots who literally don't know that "theory" in science means something totally different than "theory" in everyday language. Saying "Evolution is just a theory" PROVES MASSIVE IGNORANCE you dumb fuck...

To put in base terms that you MIGHT be able to understand... Theory in science is an explanation of facts. When you gather a set of incontrovertible facts that can't be disputed and you want to make sense of what that body of facts mean you get a theory (I am grossly over simplifying because you're a dolt jfyi). Gravity is a theory too you moron.

Hahahaha... you proved you're an idiot!
>>
I found a this for you to watch @ christ cucks.

Educate yourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBdYnRhdWcQ
>>
>>60633014
>Have not seen these yet.
Humans can't fuck chimps and produce offspring.
>inb4 20 nigger jokes
>>
File: Kim Euphoric .jpg (84 KB, 1024x1208) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Kim Euphoric .jpg
84 KB, 1024x1208
>The Swede in this thread

0/10 effort bait, why are you replying to him
>>
>>60632992

prove it then
>>
>>60633017
well meme'd canuk khan
>>
File: MECHA-HUME.jpg (424 KB, 920x2492) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
MECHA-HUME.jpg
424 KB, 920x2492
>>60628268
>empiricism
>>
>>60633014
>Cool so things with hind legs are not related. Then that ancestor to the wolf can be thrown out too.

What parts are you not understanding? Its like your reading something different than what im posting.
>>
>>60632795
What >>60632993 said, plus they aren't modern human skeletons. Explain that.
>>
>>60632992
Lol ikr. Deluded to the max
>>
>>60633148
prove it then
>>
>>60633119
>I dont think i have anything in common with a banana m8 hate to burst your bubble.
You've demonstrated that you have no understanding of genetics and I fail to see why you have in interest in arguing the field of genetics yet none in learning about it.
>>
>>60631071
The sickle cell studies were about the heterozygous population. They had only some of their cells shaped like sickles, less pain, and higher blood oxygen levels than homozygous people. They also had the malarial protection. This made the trait more common in parts of Africa where malaria was rampant, but less common where it wasn't, since more people would die of sickle cell than malaria.
>>
>>60633098
Why wouldn't there be? They compete in different niches, and those that do compete in the same niche have populations that reflect that.
>>
File: oh for fuck's sake.jpg (149 KB, 644x497) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
oh for fuck's sake.jpg
149 KB, 644x497
if only these pseudoreligious people demanded as much evidence for their goatfucker journals as they do for evolution, they'd all be atheists.

this hypocritical double standard is clear for anyone with at least half a brain to see.
>>
>>60633097
So a bat would be better at running from predators then flying...Yeah real useful info.

>>60633078
So whats the dominant gene i share with a banana? Is it our eye color?

>>60633039
WE WUZ BANANAS!
>>
>>60633119
You and a banana are both alive and are made up of cells. Look at that, compared to a rock you and that banana you're holding in your anus, you guys are like brother and brother.
>>
>>60631144
I'm a STEM major with a 4.0 attending a Top 50 research university. Now I outrank you.
>>
>>60633275
>>60633275
>>60633275


prove it evofags
>>
>>60633039
>There are similarities among all creatures
And that observation is somehow more indicative of a common ancestor than a common creator... why?
>>
>>60632880
>the evidence you posted doesn't count!
>now post proof!
2moe
>>
>>60632905
I can't stop with it irl. Looks like an intredasting thread. Does anyone know why this thing hasn't evolved for 300 million years? Hint, what if it didn't need to?

God created a mutating monkey, why?
>>
>>60628308
Why are segmental muscles vestigial?
>>
File: 1451169669712.jpg (28 KB, 440x440) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451169669712.jpg
28 KB, 440x440
>>60633172
That's some nice propaganda there pal. Let's see your abundant evidence for creationism. Remind me of the vast data proving we are incest spawn from adam and believe. I posted evidence for my case, I await yours
>>
>>60633121
It is a theory not a law. goodbye with your magic that cannot become a law.

>>60633147
niggers

>>60633173
You said species A is a wolf ancestor. Only evidence would be hind legs. Well the dog has hind legs and is not a wolves ancestor therefore the hind leg argument goes out the window.

>>60633221
>You just beat me let me try to insult you now.

>>60633226
Sickle cell...Less pain. You are retarded.
>>
>>60633270
>So a bat would be better at running from predators then flying...Yeah real useful info.

considering that many of their predators also fly... yes it would be more useful to run and hide on the ground, which is why the evolutionary pressures upon desmodus favored the preservation of running ability
>>
>>60633148
>implying he's not serious
desu
>>
>>60633270
If you don't believe in evolution, explain to me how a baby forms from a single cell to a human being? Must be god magic, right?

I mean a cell and a human aren't the same thing at all, how can a cell turn into a human being? It's makes no sense.

WE WUZ CELLS
>>
>>60633367
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBdYnRhdWcQ
>>
>>60633399
you claim evo is true, prove it

>>60633275
>>60633275
>>
>>60633367
Because it can be tracked?
>>
>>60633279
Whats your definition of alive? A dead person is made up of cells too so there goes that argument.
>>
>>60633018
All the evidence is in fossil form. If you'd pull your head out of your ass long enough to look there are some good charts put there that showing the evolution of species that seems to make perfect sense to me...

What I don't understand is why theists are so against evolution. If god is real and made a logical universe based on scientific laws, why wouldn't it also include a scientific origin of the species that live in it.
>>
>>60631316
Prove that if you drop something, it will hit the ground every single time. Go ahead.

Please, tell me why things with mass have gravity. Or why things without mass (like light) can be lensed by gravity.

For that matter, please explain why electrons and protons attract each other. I'm dying to know the reason.

I have trouble believing your a STEM major. Probably a civil engineering student who want's people to think he's a scientist.
>>
>>60633492
No one's going to your thread until you can define what a kind is.
>>
>>60633119
Your IQ is certainly similar
>>
>>60633399
Nah, I'm not defending creationism - I'm just gonna attack your stance. Remind me of any kind of anything "known" a posteriori that can be determined to be as it appears rather than having an appearance completely non-reflective of true reality.
>>
>>60633446
I'm not attempting to insult you, I'm saying that by you saying "I don't think that's true" shows that you haven't studied the field of genetics at all, and that I can't understand why anyone would have an interest in arguing a subject if they haven't first attempted to learn about it. It's totally fine to not know something, but why would you make arguments against it if you don't?
>>
>>60633399
All humans share pretty much a 99.9% genetic similarity so theres that.
>>
>>60633486
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW6egHV6jAw
>>
>>60633399
>it says so in muh bible
>>
>>60633538
I don't care but you make a claim, so prove it

>>60633562
so you can't prove evolution, then you are arguing from faith
>>
>>60632740
Forgot one
90000000000000000000006.People who think wew lad isnt a good meme
>>
>>60633496
It can be tracked? Really? How do you know what you observe corresponds to reality?
>>
>>60633446
>>>60633173 (You)
>You said species A is a wolf ancestor. Only evidence would be hind legs. Well the dog has hind legs and is not a wolves ancestor therefore the hind leg argument goes out the window.

Did you not read this part

>The common ancestor of dogs and wolves was a large, wolf-like animal that lived between 9,000 and 34,000 years ago," Robert Wayne, co-senior author of the study, told Discovery News. "Based on DNA evidence, it lived in Europe."


>Only evidence would be hind legs. Well the dog has hind legs and is not a wolves ancestor therefore the hind leg argument goes out the window

I dont even know what point you're trying to even make here. Are you basing it solely on the fact they have hind legs?
>>
>>60633367
if we had a common ancestor we would expect similarities between organisms

if we were created there would be no reason why different organisms would be similar on so many levels

also it's pretty hard for evolution to NOT be happening given how DNA works, i.e. it has mutations and rearrangements happening all the time
>>
>>60633614
That's because about 98% of our DNA is junk DNA.
>>
>>60633531
A dead person is made up of dying cells.

A banana isn't dead when it's on a tree. Think of the tree as the bananas mother and the stem the umbilical cord. The second you remove the bananas from the tree it begins to die. What do you think rotting is?

Just some wacky stuff God does to our food just out of laughs? Hahahaha, good one God you got me again.
>>
>>60631581
Kek you don't know how correct that statement actually was. The skateboard/Toyota thing actually works really well as as an analogy. Of course they don't have the same direct 'father' but if you go back far enough there was an original 4 wheeled cart that would be their common 'ancestor'. Humans began to make changes that best suited their purpose over a long period of time and due to the various different uses as well as separation they finally developed into the two distinct vehicles we know today.
>>
>>60631472
>Why don't we see more stuff in the middle

You do realize chimps share 99.9999% of our DNA right? What is this stuff in the middle?

There is no middle. We didn't evolve from chimps, we evolved alongside them. Chimpanzees are not our common ancestor, we share a common ancestor with them. This is probably one of the most misconstrued facts of science.
>>
>>60633544
God said it should be. Thus it became so.

>>60633579
WE
WUZ
BANANAS
>>
>>60632597
>I have buddies who are utterly retarded
Ftfy
>>
>>60633687
Because we observe it.
>>
File: 1451192179501.jpg (38 KB, 400x397) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451192179501.jpg
38 KB, 400x397
>>60633492
I posted evidence above. "Proof" to Christians is like a child saying "why?" overand over in response to their parents. Enough memery, post evidence
>>
>>60628563
K. KEEP ME POSTED.
>>
>>60633446
>It is a theory not a law. goodbye with your magic that cannot become a law.

You literally don't understand the difference between hypothesis, law, and theory...

You need to re-read what I said here >>60633121

Saying that it's not true because "evolution is just a theory" or that it's now a "law" etc PROVES MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF PROFOUND IGNORANCE. You literally just proved beyond all doubt that you're an idiot!

Also if you're just baiting then I guess you win, but I'm pretty sure you're not and are really just a complete and total moron.
>>
File: 1445678451870.jpg (38 KB, 600x860) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445678451870.jpg
38 KB, 600x860
Creationism and Theologies are both theories.Theories are not fact.
>>
>>60633672
What's your proof that your god is real?
>>
>>60633700
Nah nigga. Your whole country is related explains your retardation.

>>60633703
Skin cells. Die upon death. The banana cells eventually die too i dont get what you are getting at lol.

>>60633717
Its all junk DNA we dont see the middle stuff anymore because it never existed.
>>
>>60633695
>if we were created there would be no reason why different organisms would be similar on so many levels
Huh? You honestly believe there's "no reason" why a creator would create things using certain common baselines to his craft? That's like saying there's no reason to expect an architect's different works to not have similarities to one another, when almost invariably they do.
>>
>>60633672
I just showed you evolution, and you denied it on the basis that it is still the same kind of animal. I want a definition on kind.
>>
File: 1379738990636.jpg (95 KB, 700x493) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1379738990636.jpg
95 KB, 700x493
>>60633797
>le semantic dodge
>>
>>60633717
>You do realize chimps share 99.9999% of our DNA right?
That's literally false
>>
>>60633695
>if we had a common ancestor we would expect similarities between organism

I already told you what recessive genes are.

>also it's pretty hard for evolution to NOT be happening given how DNA works, i.e. it has mutations and rearrangements happening all the time

Mutations do happen all the time, hence retard babies.
>>
>>60633755
You can also observe floating pink elephants during an acid trip. That must make them real.
>>
>>60633672
Horse evolution. Looks like some pretty solid evidence to me
>>
>>60633861
>Nah nigga. Your whole country is related explains your retardation.

>clear provable scientific fact about our DNA is refutable by "nah nigga"

rightyo
>>
>>60631682
You were never a banana. A banana and you shared common ancestry. I hope you realize that according to the fossil record that you seem to love to use when it "lacks transitional forms", there was a point in time when the only life on Earth was plant life.

And back to gravity - how do you know that the rock falls because of gravity? If you dug down to the center of the Earth and dropped a rock, where would it go?
>>
>>60633767
Yeah because those are wings right?

>>60633785
Bye now. Law>theory come back when the science committee accepts your hocus pocus.

>>60633802
Well big bang didnt make everything. (energy cannot act on energy and in the begging only energy existed) so shit something had to.
>>
File: 1445605980870.png (386 KB, 1436x1652) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445605980870.png
386 KB, 1436x1652
You're all wrong no one knows what is real.
>>
>>60633687
What is virus insertion
What is HERV-E
>>
>>60633147
Yes, it may be possible that humans and chimps could produce offspring.
>>
>>60633890
>implying omnipotent god needs to reuse his old designs
regardless, I explained why similarities between species are indicative of descent with evolution. Saying there are reasons why god would leave similarities is nice but ignores the point.

Of course, you're a creationist so there is literally no amount of evidence that can convince you.
>>
>>60633861
>The banana cells eventually die too i dont get what you are getting at lol.

Neither do I, you're the one that brought up the "alive" part.

Why didn't you answer>>60633474?
>>
>>60633964

>can't trust your observations because hallucinations are a thing

do you just reject the scientific method entirely?
>>
>>60633941
I think you have me confused with someone else, senpai
>>
File: Evolution.jpg (6 KB, 250x202) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Evolution.jpg
6 KB, 250x202
>>60633969
Your evolving into sloth from the goonies.

>>60633966
Toes to hooves. Wut.
>>
File: 1452416167465.jpg (14 KB, 388x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452416167465.jpg
14 KB, 388x500
I'm an Atheist and I really don't have anything against Christians, they're a pretty based religion.
We need to go beyond our differences in order to combat our common enemy, Islam.
>>
>>60634008
I am a banana

>>60634132
Muh cells are alive and will die just like brother banana
>>
>>60634070
You completely failed to understand the implications of the question.
>>
>>60634080
No, just... no.
>>
File: 1427497460887.jpg (81 KB, 379x364) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1427497460887.jpg
81 KB, 379x364
Both Creationists and Evolutionists can't prove anything.

Pick your poison don't compete which one is better.
>>
>>60633964
Observed meaning having been reliably observed by many different people.
>>
>>60634235
Answer>>60633474
>>
>>60634016
>Bye now. Law>theory come back when the science committee accepts your hocus pocus.

>Not realizing that laws are rules within a "theory"...

You do realize that GRAVITY IS A THEORY don't you?

I going to decide to not believe in gravity because it's "just a theory" and then I guarantee I'm going to suddenly start floating off into space! Yup Gravity is not real within our universe... after all it's just a theory!
>>
>>60634140
in comes instersubjective reality, some people can't tolerate the possibility that true objectivity is unattainable. they rely on the anchor of their belief in god to give them a sense of objectivity, when that foundation is presuppositional, and is simply yet another axiomatic derivation of reality. when they attempt to disprove another's axioms, they undermine their own in the process. it's pretty funny stuff.
>>
>>60634114
>regardless, I explained why similarities between species are indicative of descent with evolution
Yet my *QUESTION* was what makes that *BETTER* of a hypothesis than that there is a common *CREATOR*. I never once said I don't think you can spin evidence to support a conclusion - obviously you can. But what makes evolution *better* at explaining life than creationism? You haven't answered that at all.
>>
>>60633966
Neat variation

All horses resemble each other so much that they have been classified in the same family—Equidae. Because of this close similarity it can therefore often be difficult to discern any differences through the study of fossil skeletons alone. Another caution in identifying vertebrate fossils is that the variation in structures even within a genus of living animals can often be so great that it overlaps with the variation in other groups; e.g. there is much analogy in the tooth structure between different carnivores, even when the animals are not classified in the same genus (or sometimes not even the same family). The most important diagnostic differences between different groups of animals are often in the construction of the soft parts. Many findings of fossil horses furthermore only consist of teeth or parts of jaws.
>>
>>60634191
>what is an abrahamic religion
>>
>>60634140
Do you understand the problem of demarcation at all? You've probably never even heard of it if you even said something as vacuous as that.
>>
>>60634016
Let's say the big bang turned out to be wrong. At least science ATTEMPTS to explain why the universe is the way it is today.

What have you creationist fucks done to logically explain how our universe may have formed without pointing fingers at your outdated book?

>>60634249
Google chimp hybrid Oliver.
>>
>>60631805
Species are simply animals that cannot be bred together.

Lets start with:
Species A and Species A mate
Species B comes

This isn't how it works. Try:
Species A and a variation of Species A mate
Species B comes

>No mutation exists where the DNA lengthens only shortens.

Mutations where DNA shortens are quite rarer than the majority of mutations. Most mutations are caused when base pairs are incorrectly matched.

Viruses work by inserting DNA into an organism. This obviously makes the DNA longer and is a mutation.

When you breed a horse and a donkey, do you get an animal that can breed with either of them? No. You get a mule. It's a different species. We created mules rather recently in the evolutionary timeline. You don't think nature could have created them over millions of years?
>>
>>60634303
What makes many different people seeing something any better? What if they're all tripping too?
>>
>>60634249
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanzee
>>
Fuck, philosophy is such a worthless subject.

Lmao @ directionless art students ITT.
>>
>>60634352

yeah that's pretty much what these arguments boil down to
>>
>>60634413
Magic poof made everything>science

Magic man made everything>religion

wut

>>60634419
Cool so the horse argument is out now
>>
>>60634302
One has evidence, one has absolutely none.
>>
>>60634413
>chimp hybrid
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/(SICI)1096-8644(199803)105:3%3C395::AID-AJPA8%3E3.0.CO;2-Q/abstract;jsessionid=4CB54AE26E9710541CD1595ADCA2EA0B.f03t03
>>
>>60632009
So your belief system mirrors an RPG? There is literally no evidence in your favor. You just have your little believies
>>
File: 1374775161933.jpg (42 KB, 375x375) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1374775161933.jpg
42 KB, 375x375
>>60634302

>Evolutionists can't prove anything.
>>
>>60634543
What constitutes evidence toward a certain conclusion as opposed to not-evidence toward a conclusion?
>>
File: 1459870870784.png (245 KB, 900x827) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1459870870784.png
245 KB, 900x827
Can you prove God exists?

Can you prove God does not exists?
>>
>>60634489
Science wouldn't exist without philosophy

LMAO @ literally autistic STEMtards thinking they understand the implications of disregarding philosophy
>>
>>60634242
I provided support for my statement. If this is going to be some of that "how do you know you exist" shit I'm done. It fits reality because we can observe it.
>>
>>60632064
>monkeys sort of look like humans
>therefore, monkeys and humans share a common ancestor
>turns out most of them share over 98% of our DNA too

Fixed
>>
>>60634408

as vacuous as using "pink elephants" as a counter to observed evidence? you'll use the scientific method when it suits you and reject it when it doesn't

lmao
>>
prove 1 species became another


>>60633275
>>60633275
>>60633275
new bread evocucks
>>
File: 1367186093605.png (252 KB, 500x684) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1367186093605.png
252 KB, 500x684
>>60634353
because evolution is consistent with all the physical evidence without relying on some supernatural power, unseen entity or assuming some ancient myths are true

I mean, there are a lot of creation myths out there with no indication that any of them have any validity.

When you start with no assumptions besides "I believe the evidence of my senses" and try to figure out what happened, you end up with evolution.
>>
>>60634543
Yet it could work right? Why not? Is this not a good example for if there was a God how he would do things?
>>
>>60634540
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retard >>60634479
>>
>>60634621
>Science wouldn't exist without philosophy
KEK

Cooking is more of a science than philosophy.
>>
>>60634622
You didn't address the question at all, probably because English isn't your first language and you didn't understand it.

I can observe tons of things you probably think don't exist - does that make them real? *Great* criteria senpai.
>>
>>60628308
Missing a lot of muscles.

t.doktor
>>
>>60634642
Its garbage DNA
>>
>>60632068
yet there's still a myriad of things science can't explain
>>
File: 1445605980870.png (371 KB, 791x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445605980870.png
371 KB, 791x720
Both parties present evidence.

Neither of them can prove it.
>>
File: 1445712157397.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445712157397.png
13 KB, 418x359
>>60632009
I'M DYING
>>
>>60634457
If they're tripping then they're all seeing different things because they're hallucinating. It's impossible for two people to hallucinate and see the exact same phenomena.
>>
>>60634642
>turns out humans also share most of our DNA with bananas too
BUT WHO REALLY CARES RIGHT?
>>
>>60634609

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teapot
>>
>>60634518
fossil record, comparative anatomy, biochemistry, embryology, molecular biology, biogeography, etc>science
outdated book>religion
>>
>>60634775
Let's see the creationism evidence
>>
>>60634656
Pink elephants is a logical point. Scientism is incredibly illogical - it's why their answers to the problem of induction and Cartesian skepticism are so fucking awful and non-answers.
>>
>>60634746
Top
kek

Like I said earliier
>cuckchristians believing that if we can't explain it now then we never will

We've had "modern" science for about 70 years. Do, explain how your 2000 year old book explains it better.
>>
>>60634793
>It's impossible for two people to hallucinate and see the exact same phenomena.
Citation needed
>>
>>60632163
We most of the same cellular structure as a banana. We have almost identical organelles. Our mitochondria are the same. Our ribosomes are the same (exactly the same in fact). The double helix structure of our DNA is the same. We have the same types of RNA, the same cellular functions, we produce energy from the same Krebs cycle, and we use many of the same forms of sugar to store energy. To say that we aren't part everything would be idiocy.
>>
>>60631663
>Christians asking for evidence of evolution
>no evidence for creationism
>BUT 1 THING DINNDT TURNT INNTO 2
It's like they might almost be retarded or something.
>>
>>60634663
Why is not relying on some supernatural power better than relying on some?

And why would you believe the "evidence" of your senses? What logical ground is there for that, given there's no law that anyone knows of that makes it so your senses necessarily correspond to reality?
>>
>>60634875
Hallucinations by definition are unique to the person viewing it.
>>
>>60634793
>then they're all seeing different things
No, not necessarily. They're all tripping such that they happen to see the same things. What now?
>>
File: 0244_-_ckOUOZ5.png (258 KB, 600x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0244_-_ckOUOZ5.png
258 KB, 600x600
>>60634794
Good job guy! We sure do, but not to the extent that we share it with chimps. This guy is starting to get it
>>
>>60634793
Except when one guy says, "Man, do you hear that yelling?" and the second tripping dude tricks his chemical laced brain into believe he too hears the same thing just from the first guy mentioning it.

It's happened to me and my mates during our hallucinogen days.
>>
>>60634955
>Why is not relying on some supernatural power better than relying on some?
short answer is occam's razor

why assume shit when there's no reason to? we're trying to generate knowledge, not jerk off our "souls"
>>
>>60634728
Can you test those things? Are the tests repeatable? Are the questions you ask falsifiable? If you ask a shitty question you'll get a shitty answer.
For instance, you took drugs known to create hallucinations, therefore the things in your hallucinations exist? That is not how science works. That isn't objective. It has too many variables. It asks fundamentally flawed questions. Can a pink flying elephant exist? Sure, maybe. The universe is near infinite. But you're going to have to prove it.
>>
>>60632259
"THEY HAVE BEEN HERE FOR MILLIONS BUT THEY ARE STILL FUCKING CHIMPS"

No, they haven't been here for millions of years. They evolved over millions of years to become what we see today.
>>
>>60634680
Yeah it's pretty obvious that you're a retard who doesn't know how to read, I agree.
>>
>>60634865
There's also a shitload of things science has got wrong, how do you know the (fairly recent) discovery of evolution won't be debunked in the next few hundred years?
>>
>>60634982
Another unproven statement
>>
File: 1427497460887.jpg (25 KB, 527x705) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1427497460887.jpg
25 KB, 527x705
Creationists and Evolutionists

Show

Proofs

Protip: you can't.
>>
>>60634391
There are whole skeleton's of many of these species which are dated in succession. I used horses because it was the first thing that popped, but there are many other examples of fossil records that support evolution. Key word being evidence. There IS evidence which most creationists deny.

Evolution CAN be proven through the fossils record. I ask again, why cant theism accept this fact. Your god can still exist. Maybe he isn't some magical sorcerer who snapped his fingers but instead built the universe on logic so it would make more sense. I don't get the problem.
>>
>>60634844
>>60634955

there are plenty of arguments against descartes

literally just google it

the guy's philosophy is entry level, there's a reason it's taught in 101 classes
>>
>>60634982
>Hallucinations by definition are unique to the person viewing it
The fact that we can think of individuals as having "their own" hallucinations doesn't at all stop it from being possible that people all happen to hallucinate virtually the same things.
>>
>>60635110
The truth of this world is that no claim has any definite proof whatsoever.
>>
>>60635079
I don't know how to read a page that directly tells me there's 0 evidence to support a fucking Humanzee?

I also didn't know how to read that page telling me about the genetic testing on Oliver determined he was in fact a regular fuck off chimpanzee.
>>
>>60635039
Occam's razor isn't valid reasoning. It's a argumentative tool, like burden of proof. It posits value, but there's not necessarily value in simplicity.
>>
>>60635110
Neither side have solid "proofs." Maybe if you could re-word that to "evidence" then we have something to play on.
>>
>>60635110

>I would never dare risk forming a coherent view on anything, I'll just giggle about it instead!
>>
File: good_luck.jpg (34 KB, 326x246) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
good_luck.jpg
34 KB, 326x246
>>60628911
>I stopped arguing with creationtards a long time ago
Says a "social creationist" "who thinks sex, gender, and race are "socially constructed", even though the entirety of scientific evidence supports the notion that society is biologically constructed. Here you are, arguing your beliefs on a site for "creationtards who vote Trump".

Keep working on your idealized self. You might actual become what you like to imagine you are one day.
>>
>>60635063
Why do testability, repeatability, or falsifiablilty matter? Why should I care about your arbitrary values?
>>
File: 1444279454969.jpg (31 KB, 638x540) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444279454969.jpg
31 KB, 638x540
Both parties have no tangible evidence.
>>
>>60633119
As I have stated, most of your cells are exactly like banana cells. The fact that you don't know this proves you never went to high school.
>>
>>60635146
They all fall short, and they're all along the lines of "we can't really do anything about it, so let's not dwell on it", which is a non-answer.
>>
>>60634916
>be evocuck
>say 1 kind turn into another
>someone asks for evidence
>christfag kek

you are retarded
>>
>>60635229
As I said that's the short answer. I don't have time to explain all the nuances of the scientific method to you, nor would I, since you are unconvinceable.

If we take your approach, why should we believe the bible instead of the hindu scriptures or some aboriginal myths? I at least have a consistent way to narrow the field. You just have your feelings.
>>
>>60635365
What are transitional fossils?
>>
>>60633119
I gave my argument in two sentences. The rest of it was evidence for my argument. Which you seem to explicitly lack for yours.
>>
>>60635332

why should anyone care that you don't care lmao

it sounds like you dont even want to be part of the conversation, so why should people who DO care about those things lend any weight to what you patently don't care about
>>
File: 1452183930636.jpg (12 KB, 439x335) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452183930636.jpg
12 KB, 439x335
>>60635210
>I also didn't know how to read that page telling me about the genetic testing on Oliver determined he was in fact a regular fuck off chimpanzee.

Apparently not, considering it had nothing to do with what I originally said.

>I don't know how to read a page that directly tells me there's 0 evidence to support a fucking Humanzee?
What does this even have to do with the fact "it may be possible", as I stated in my original post.

>>60634080

Please consider killing yourself.
>>
>>60635388

that's because it's a non-question to begin with
>>
>>60635407
I can almost guarantee I know more on the subject than you, given my grad thesis is on philosophy of science.

I'm not defending any position right now - I'm attacking yours as inadequate.
>>
>>60635033
The two people aren't actually experiencing the same yelling because the hallucination occurs within the brain.
>>60635176
Virtually the same doesn't mean the same.

>>60635107
Hallucination
noun
1.
a sensory experience of something that does not exist outside the mind, caused by various physical and mental disorders, or by reaction to certain toxic substances, and usually manifested as visual or auditory images.
>>
>>60633367
Because it can be observed as an ongoing process through the fossil record.
>>
>>60635332
Exactly the shit people say when they have no other argument. Simply put, it is the most objective method of proving something we have to date. It is not arbitrary.
>>
>>60635430
>why should anyone care that you don't care lmao
Maybe they shouldn't. But you're not particularly convincing when you just appeal to things you can't substantiate value or truth in.
>>
>>60635430
This guy put my feelings into words
>>
>>60632486
how does it feel to masturbate to bill nye?
>>
>>60634659
>be this tard
>asks for proof
>be me
>gives proof through fossil evidence
>this guy ignores and asks again for proof later in thread

It's like arguing with a watermelon... Fack.
>>
>>60635505
protip: liberty university isn't a real school
>>
>>60635548
give us your best piece of evidence
>>
>>60635507
>a sensory experience of something that does not exist outside the mind, caused by various physical and mental disorders, or by reaction to certain toxic substances, and usually manifested as visual or auditory images.
And it does not mention anything regarding hallucinations all being unique to each individual person.
>>
>>60635499
>question is a purely logical one - how can we be sure our experiences correspond with reality?
>"non-question"

T o p
K e k
>>
File: 1445698087087.png (33 KB, 400x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445698087087.png
33 KB, 400x200
No proofs

No evidence

Theory

Just

a

theory

Both

are

partially

true

but

no

proofs
>>
>>60635602
you didn't provide any evidence for 1 kind turning into another though did you

you are arguing from faith
>>
>>60635560

>cant kno nuffin

alright socrates we get it
>>
>>60633446
Please, tell me the law of gravity. I would love to hear about the "law" of gravity.

Also, being heterozygous for sickle cell means that only some of your cells are sickle-shaped. It is considerably less painful that all your cells being sickle-shaped, and definitely more survivable.
>>
>>60635601
Better than not masturbating at all so god doesn't get jealous
>>
>>60635507
So you're telling me when I'm *NOT* tripping and look at a landscape, I see that landscape *EXACTLY* the same as someone else? Despite the fact that the cones in our eyes are nigh invariably different?
>>
>>60633531
A dead person and you also happen to be evolutionarily related, so there goes that argument.
Thread replies: 463
Thread images: 64
Thread DB ID: 419706



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected]