[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Islamic Golden Age Did it really happen?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 53

File: averroes.jpg (428KB, 1546x1600px) Image search: [Google]
averroes.jpg
428KB, 1546x1600px
Islamic Golden Age

Did it really happen?
>>
>>60029489
No, they nearly destroyed Greek mathematics on top of it.
>>
No it was all stolen from the Greeks
>>
>>60029489
It happened, ever heard of the arabic numerals?

>>
No. Arabs stole all the knowledge from the Greek and Romans, then flaunted about it being theirs.
>>
>asking about Islamic history on an anti-islam board

You stupid OP
>>
>>60029663
Pure, unbiased facts are not anti-anything.
>>
The Islamic Golden Age meme is so significant because it was the end of Roman-Greek influence in the area.
>>
>>60029489
it did
>>
>>60029489
the islamic world had good trade links with most of the known world at the time e.g europe and china/india so they figured out what the chinks and indians knew and then figured out what the europeans knew slaped all these foreign ideas together and declared it their own.
>>
>>60029716
You're a bluepilled idiot if you think /pol/ would be unbias on this subject. I doubt most people ITT have even studied the period.
>>
>>60029489
Oh, and then they stole a bunch of logic from the Hindus as well like the concept of zero.

To be fair if the Arabs did anything, they bridged a lot of these ideas together.
>>
>/pol/ claims the islamic golden age was just stolen greco-roman knowledge
>the successors of rome (western europe) were living in wooden huts and actively shunned ancient knowledge as pagan and un-christian
>places where rome never had influence like persia were better than rome itself
>even greece wasn't as prosperous as muslim lands
>>
>>60029489
If by golden age you mean that they stopped killing each other for like 2 centuries during which a maximum of 4 people in the entire Islamic world caught up with Ancient Greek knowledge...

Then yes.

For them it's probably the pinnacle of their civilization, so don't take it lightly...
>>
What's really interesting is what was happening in the Middle East in the 1800's.
>>
Yes, it happened. No it wasn't their own doing. They were literally building off of what was done before hand. Nothing wrong with that, Greeks after all were building off of older civilizations.

During the period of Islamic Golden Age, Islamic World was in it's infancy. It was the dying embers of much older and grander civilizations in the area. They did a lot for mathematics, sciences and astronomy. Giving the western world their numbers which were way better at doing math with than Roman Numerals.

However infancies don't last long and they collapsed back into barbarians. It wasn't until 1920s and the finding of oil did they become relevant again. However they never did grow out of the tribal stage, or sectarian tribalism.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age

inb4 >wikipedia
prove it wrong
>>
>>60029929
I just read the history on early mathematics. To be fair, Germans contributed even less.

As for trade, they had slavery going, not exactly something that liberals should want to gloat about.
>>
File: 1404120152610.png (216KB, 469x581px) Image search: [Google]
1404120152610.png
216KB, 469x581px
>>60029489
>loot, pillage and destroy all the libraries in North Africa
>preserve a few books
>export them to Spain
>claim that WE WUZ SCIENCE N SHIIET, RAFIQ
>call it Golden Age
>>
>>60030010

>even Greece wasn't as prosperous as muslim lands

Thats not true. Greece was the economic heart of the Roman empire, and later as Byzantine empire, it was the richest place on the planet.

You'll never guess who put en end to that...
>>
>>60029929
/pol/ is surely biased and that's good, but historical facts are not. Expressing them is always neutral.
>>
>>60029613
>It happened, ever heard of the arabic numerals?
You mean Indian numerals?
>>
>>60030321
Pretty much the only actual invention Islamic golden age brought about was distillation.
>>
>>60029489
It did happens BUT THOSE FUCKING SAND NIGGERS STOLE OUR AND GREECE.KNOWLEDGE AND BUILT THEIR SHIT ON IT
>>
If anything, their Golden Age is right now. Islam has never been so strong across the world than it is today. It's the fastest growing religion and the 'refugees' are making sure it reaches every corner of the world.
>>
>>60030290
> Greece was the economic heart of the Roman empire
more like egypt
>>
>>60030391
You're an ancient Greek? Was your people athenians and shit?
>>
>>60029489
No. Europe is so great that when the Muslims allowed themselves to translate a few European translators they lived much better lives. The major failing of every society is abuses of power intended and often succeeding to preserve the status quo. Muslims are massively guilty of this. They reject better ideas so they don't have to change. Compare the Chinese Boxer Rebellion. And for most Muslim societies this type of rejection and self-limiting is their main mode of social analysis.
>>
>>60029489
>collect scientific knowledge from dissolving of the of Western Roman Empire
>couple hundred years after this go all WE WUZ SCIENTISTS N SHIT
>>
>>60030290
>You'll never guess who put en end to that...
the crusaders
>>
>>60030368
Don't forget goat fucking.
>>
File: my politics.png (17KB, 480x400px) Image search: [Google]
my politics.png
17KB, 480x400px
>>60029489

tldr; it's mostly a deal because europe went dark

Full disclosure: every Muslim I've ever met is bro-tier, and I'm personally euphedoric.

Historyfag here.

Undergrad in poli sci and int'l law, master's in history from F.I.T., 2002.

It's not nice to say it /didn't/ happen, but ... it kinda didn't happen. Middle-age "Islamic" science, medicine, and philosophy has very tenuous ties to Islam itself. It's closer to "Arab and Berber golden age" than anything. During late Rome, greco-egyptians were doing great things in the medical field, and Muslims now claim responsibility for this, as well as "holding the books" of Plato et al.

And it's /mostly/ a golden age in that Europe is seen as a backwater at the time--after the collapse of Rome--and that is for several reasons that aren't quite correct either:
>It was deemed a "dark age" by quatro-ciento Italian philosophers who didn't identify with Christians so much, so of course they didn't appreciate the beauty of Christian philosophy

>There was indeed a dearth of lit that survived the "dark ages," which was why the term was initially coined. Researchers found a great gap in source material from Europe, and only stuff from the Arabs, transmitted by Muslim-enforced trade routes. Those routes, extending into the Med. were vital in shutting down the Euros' ability to "talk" to us with source material.
>>
>>60030499
Oh please that is so pre-islamic Arabia.
>>
>>60030453
Knows about ancient Greece and Athens knows nothing about ancient Egypt 100% retarded anglo
>>
If by golden age you mean destruction. Sure.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG9ONF3CWV8
>>
>>60030488
Well, yeah tbqh.

If it weren't for the crusaders the fall of Constantinople wouldn't have happened.

But the notion that Islam was experiencing a golden age is still questionable. Consider this: Under the Roman emperors the Balkans and Anatolia were the richest places in the world. And of course they were. They are in a strategic position, have temperate climate and are full of resources.

But they were never rich again under Ottoman (Islamic) rule ...
>>
>>60029489
Yup. While yuropoors were acting like wild animals, the muslims retained and expanded old world knowledge which Europeans would later on use.
>>
File: I accidentally constantinople.jpg (66KB, 668x720px) Image search: [Google]
I accidentally constantinople.jpg
66KB, 668x720px
>>60030488
>>
>>60030488
Their own interior fraction technically.
>>
>>60029489
It did. But contrary to what islam-apologists try to say, it didn't end because of the Crusades. The seeds for destruction of arabic science were sown by a philosopher called al-Ghazali, who pretty much said that things like aristotelean logic and experimentation are not islamic. As his ideas spread, the world of islam became more devout, but also more and more scientifically illiterate.
>>
Math was satanic in the 9th century to Islam and they killed all of the smart people. Muhammad using sabotage did more damage to the Middle East than any Mongol invasion could've dreamed.
>>
>>60030796
There isn't a risk the fall would have occured earlier?
>>
>>60029489

It was real, but it was basically because of stuff the Muslims stole from Persians and Byzantines. There was a golden age, despite them being Muslims, not because of them being Muslims. That's the important thing to understand.
>>
Guess who put end to the crusaders oooh yeah the kingdom of Egypt ;)
>>
>>60029489
Rape and pillage age would be a better description.
>>
>>60029553
>>60029489
>>60029571
>>60029615
>>60029724
>>60029954
>>60030010
>>60030119
>>60030207
>>60030290

i enter this thread because i knew that white people will be saying that it was all romans and greeks when even arabs and other muslim have admitted always that it was iranians knowledge that give birth to the islamic golden age

>On the long-term impact of this battle, Sir Muhammad Iqbal wrote: "If you ask me what is the most important event in the history of Islam, I shall say without any hesitation: “The Conquest of Persia.” The battle of Nehawand gave the Arabs not only a beautiful country, but also an ancient civilization; or, more properly, a people who could make a new civilisation with the Semitic and Aryan material. Our Muslim civilisation is a product of the cross-fertilisation of the Semitic and the Aryan ideas. It is a child who inherits the softness and refinement of his Aryan mother, and the sterling character of his Semitic father. But for the conquest of Persia, the civilisation of Islam would have been one-sided. The conquest of Persia gave us what the conquest of Greece gave to the Romans."[16]

its amazing how pathetic and stupid you people are
>>
>>60030812
But look at what you're saying:

Muslims were simply /less barbaric/ than Euros, and they held the books of the Euros while they experienced the effects of judeo-christianity.
>>
>>60029489

Yes and no.

You can call it an Arabian golden age, but the knowledge gained had nothing to do with Islam. The religion just played a role in acquiring the resources necessary for scientific advancement.
>>
>>60029613
It's indian/Persian like the Rest of Islamic science
>>
>>60030992
Guess who defeated the Seljuk ooooh yeah the Egyptian kingdom guess who defeated the ottomans after fleeing from their rule and.took 70% oh yeah the Egyptian kingdom guess who defeated the mongols who tried to invade Europe and Africa oh yeah the Egyptian kingdom
>>
>>60031148
>they held the books of the Euros
they didnt
>>
>>60031226
>who defeated the mongols who tried to invade Europe and Africa oh yeah the Egyptian kingdom
they didnt defend europe, they just defended themselves to not get conquered

>>60030996
>Muslims stole from Persians and Byzantines
they destroyed everything from the byzantines
>>
>>60031226
And now look at you
>>
>>60031139
It's amazing that you can read that and not understand that Iqbal is saying exactly what the people you're calling stupid are saying!
>>
>>60031238
They didn't hold Greek philosophy texts dear while Europe was undergoing the throes of Christianity?

Wanna check again?
>>
>>60031329
what?
they are all saying IT WAS GREEKS AND ROMANS, EUROPEANS ARE DA BEST

when in reality it was iranians and not europeans
>>
>>60031148
They used books from India too.
>>
>>60031164
>Arabian golden age

The Berbers and the Persians played a big role too. Naming it the 'Islamic golden age' would encompass all those groups.
>>
>>60031328
Well fc>>60031320
xk you anglo since 4000 b.c and we have been doing good stuff but well Anglo looks like you are right we are shit tier country

And yes we defeated mongols look up ain jault war we cucked them so hard
>>
>>60031413
they destroyed everything, that was haram for them
they also destroyed most of books of the iranians and some iranians learned arabs and started translating the few books that they didnt destroy
>>
>>60031164
>Arabian golden age

Arabs were always stupid and are still worthless trash, they can't produce anything (E.g. Gulf States, everything in their country is almost made/run by foreigners), while Iran still produces many things on his own and has a great history of achievements

>Arabs
>Not like Niggers
>>
>>60030532
>Middle-age "Islamic" science, medicine, and philosophy has very tenuous ties to Islam itself.

And suddenly, everything clicked. Thanks for the answer.
>>
ITT :
IT WUZ THE GEEKS AND RUMANS !
>>
>>60031555
>4000 b.c
you arent the ancient egyptians
>>60031555
>yes we defeated mongols
you just stopped their campaign to conquer egypt, they still kept their empire
>>
>>60031139
>it was the persians

No shit faggot
>>
>>60031603
>(E.g. Gulf States, everything in their country is almost made/run by foreigners)
that is false
>>60031603
>while Iran still produces many things on his own and has a great history of achievements
they are arabs just like gulf arabs
they arent the ancient iranians
>>
>>60029489
Happened about as much as the Dark ages (ie. It didn't)
>>
>>60031461
If you don't understand the veneration and importance of Greek philosophers to the Muslim golden age, you're not prepared for this discussion.
>>
>>60031749
Iranians*
the entire regio was called persia because the empire at the moment was persian
>>
Like almost everyone else on /pol/ I haven't studied the period so i don't know and I'm a history student.
>>
>>60031328
Almost makes me wonder what happened their once so great country?
>>
>>60029489
No. There was nothing "Islamic" about it since most of the contributers were Assyrians and Persians
>>
>>60031794
what is your source you stupid faggot?

fucking arabs themselves havd admitted it was iranians that gave to the islamic golden age

they havent said anything about greeks

the world doesnt revolve around europe
>>
Numeral system was invented by India, Arabs took it, slightly improved it, and transmitted it to Europe.

Also they translated a book on math from India and took it into Europe.

They didn't do a whole lot of original work but did some good stuff unifying concepts that were developed separately from one another.
>>
It happened but it was vastly overrated. What others have said about them basically borrowing the ideas of the classical Greeks is correct. This was knowledge that they came across after subjugating Syriac-speaking Nestorian Christians. The equally borrowed from the Chinese and Indians.

In terms of their own contributions to the sciences, these came mainly in the fields of optics, magnetism, and medicine. Figures like al-Kindi quite literally just adapted Hellenistic philosophy to an Arab-Islamic framework.
>>
>>60031829
Tldr
Every society struggles with change.
Almost all try to stop it and go stagnant.
Europe, because of its lack of centralized authority, went the other way and as a result dominated the world for centuries.
A society that successfully limits what can be read cannot have a Golden Age and can only make incremental material gains from superior societies.
>>
>>60031686
Are you . Retardes faggot troll or a shitposter we are same people by DNA test.you nigger plus look up mongols history faggot nigger we are the reason why they got cucked
>>
>>60031878
We gave ours up. We're nice like that.

Anyway you're one to talk my fellow fucked nation.
>>
>>60032015
>as a result dominated the world for centuries.
hahahahaha

this is what white people believe
>>
File: Crying-Laughing-Meme-07.jpg (44KB, 451x392px) Image search: [Google]
Crying-Laughing-Meme-07.jpg
44KB, 451x392px
>>60032037
This post
>>
>>60031890
haahahahahah lmao XD
>>
>>60032056
Kek that fag thinks that you Anglos suck now the british empire was too big to handle plus you are stronger this way
>>
>>60031890
>he doesn't know farabi and kindi streamlined aristotlean thought into arabic jurisprudence

Why do you think averroes was praised so much? Because he came up with it? Nah mate, he was fighting against the ashari (read : anti-mutazilite) movement started by alghazelus a hundred years before to bring it back into their culture.
>>
>>60032203
please learn some english
>>
>>60032037
I want to keep you as a pet. I can unleash you on any Finnish burglars.
>>
File: socrates and his pupils.jpg (672KB, 561x664px) Image search: [Google]
socrates and his pupils.jpg
672KB, 561x664px
Falsafa is a Greek loanword meaning "philosophy".

Pic related, arab art depicting the persi....I mean SOCRATES teaching his pupils.
>>
>>60032248
source
>>
>>60032015
Wasn't it only because of the strongly centrialized catholic church western europe atually preserved and the Karolingian renaissance from the strong frankish empire we began making progress? The enlightenment even started in the absolute monarchy of France.
>>
>>60032037
The English coming out of the sand nigger countries is like fifty rungs below that of white countries. Jesus fucking christ, my head hurts.
>>
>>60032037
your ancestors are the ones to came and destroyed the civilization that created the pyramids
>>
>>60032056
As expected from one of cuck country
>>
>>60029615

Don't forget the Persians. The Arabs also stole a lot of knowledge from the Persians.
>>
>>60031555
Anon must be Macedonian.
>>
File: 1449129066077s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1449129066077s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>60031890
Wew lad
>>
File: 1439297423293.png (316KB, 425x450px) Image search: [Google]
1439297423293.png
316KB, 425x450px
>>60029489
They conquered the Byzantines and used their knowledge for a couple of centuries before the constant infighting and stupidity of their religion tore it all down. So I guess yes, technically.

It's just a good thing that westerners stole it back before the mudfucks burned it all down.
Take a look at what ISIS is doing even today: destroying ancient history and knowledge because it's non-Muslim. When Muslims have no one to fight they just start destroying shit around them, and then eventually start destroying themselves. It's a destructive religion by its very foundation.
>>
>>60031810
Dont be autistic, the "aryans" went through so many periods and names in history that it really depends where you want to start.
>>
>>60032269
>Finnish burglars
No such thing, Finland is a nation of peace.

You fucking fennophobe shitlord.
>>
>>60032358
dont reply to him, he is a idiot
>>
>>60032288
Read a book if you dont know either of the names I used.
>>
File: arabic_numbers.jpg (27KB, 717x238px) Image search: [Google]
arabic_numbers.jpg
27KB, 717x238px
>>60029613
Though they might have originated from there, nowadays they don't even resemble that much, but let's give credit where it's due, they did a whole bunch of stuff on álgebra, chemistry, literature, among other fields
>>
>>60029489
It was heavily romanticized by Enlightment philosophers like Voltaire. That's were the myth started
>>
>>60031627
You're welcome.

I'd say all rational inquiry is inherently anti-religious. Interesting discussion of Jesus as "logos" aside, a bastion of thought that ultimately relies on faith is by nature anti-rational.
>>
>>60031981
>Syriac-speaking Nestorian Christians.
They're called Assyrians my friend
>>
>>60032286
>>60032269
>>60032115
>>60032015
>>60031878
GIYS‚ IGNORE THIS NIGGER JUST TRIES TO DENY ALL THE CIVILZATIONS BECAUSE HE I. A CIVILIZATIONLESS FAGGOTS THAT NIGGER WILL JUST DENY ANY FACTS ABOUT HOW THE BRITISH EMPIRE WAS THE.BIGGEST EMPIRE ETC AND WILL DENY THE ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS TOO STUPID NIGGER LMAO
>>
>>60030000
>the successors of rome (western europe) were living in wooden huts and actively shunned ancient knowledge as pagan and un-christian

maybe the anglo and germanic savages in the northwest...
>>
File: Achaemenid_Empire.jpg (101KB, 844x474px) Image search: [Google]
Achaemenid_Empire.jpg
101KB, 844x474px
>>60032435
>They conquered the Byzantines
hhahahhaha

>>60032440
its depend of the current empire, its a parthian empire, the region is called parthia, its the roman empire, they are called romans, etc
>>
File: 1449456042531s.jpg (12KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1449456042531s.jpg
12KB, 250x241px
>>60032544
>>
>>60030000
>>places where rome never had influence like persia were better than rome itself
yeah, no.
>>
No Muslims has ever walked on the Moon.
/checkmate
>>
File: Hyper-girl-loves-coloring.gif (1020KB, 450x345px) Image search: [Google]
Hyper-girl-loves-coloring.gif
1020KB, 450x345px
>>60032075
This is how africans cope with being irrelevant.
>>
>>60032544
Dude, i were refering to how it's the eternal anglos fault you fell
>>
>>60032488
>they did a whole bunch of stuff on álgebra, chemistry, literature, among other fields
Nope, algebra comes from Greeks and Persians that were later conquered by Muslim armies. Mostly Arab Muslims claimed credit, but that's the pattern -- they conquer and claim they "invented" things that the people thay conquered created before Islam. Muslims are pathological liars, and once they run out of cultures to conquer and assimilate, their civilization rots and withers.

> http://www.barenakedislam.com/2012/09/03/they-came-they-saw-they-plagiarized-1001-so-called-muslim-inventions-virtually-none-of-which-were-actually-invented-by-muslims/

> http://enzaferreri.blogspot.com/2013/08/how-muslims-did-not-invent-algebra.html#axzz3wI4lA3cN
>>
nah. maybe a few good things happened but wouldn't call it a golden age
we wuz kangz tier revisionism
>>
>>60032456

I will reply to him, you faggot.
>>
File: surrender.png (4MB, 1520x1037px) Image search: [Google]
surrender.png
4MB, 1520x1037px
>>60032649
>yeah, no.
what?
they were at the same level in knowledge and sometimes in power
Pic related
if the Sassanid empire would have conquer central asia and united all the iranians under 1 empire the rome empire would have been ravaged
>>
>>60032911
well fuck you then bitch
>>
>>60029489
it did because there was ONE based guy who allowed people to learn and then afterwards: nothing,
>>
>>60029489
Well, yes. The Islamic world had a Golden Age. The mistake that is often made, however, is to think that either Islam or the Arabs had any hand in it. The Islamic Golden Age was mostly based on the translation, comment and research of previous works by Greeks, Han Chinese people and Indians, amongst other things numbers ("zero" is either Egyptian or Indian in origin, not Arab). Another very interesting fact is that most scientists from that era were of Iranian or Spanish descent and were mostly not Arabs.
>>
>>60032544
>the middle east
>uncultured

Come on family, I know things have been pretty shitty for the orient since 1699 but still, no need to lie.
>>
>>60032976

Fuck you too, you smelly shit-skin.
>>
>>60032917
this carving is haraam please delete this
>>
>>60032882
>algebra comes from Greeks
no
>>
>>60033020

Zero is Indian in origin.
>>
>>60033060
Well we found traces of a similar concept in Ancient Egypt. That's why I included it. But yeah, technically, "our" zero is Indian.
>>
>>60033030
no
fuck you mongoloid nigger pigskin what eever you are
>>
>>60032882
A good amount of algebra knowledge comes from Indians

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahmagupta
>>
>>60031885
Assyrians are gay ass cowards and way too irrelevant since thousands of years
>>
File: 1450295801001.jpg (4MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1450295801001.jpg
4MB, 4000x3000px
Sort of. But people think that strict adherence to contemporary strict interpretations of Islam had something to do with it.
>>
>>60033020
>Spanish descent
there werent such a thing
>>60033120
>>
>>60029489
We wuz scholarz n shit
>>
>>60032589
Then in that case we should call them buyids, abassids, seljuk and so on since in those proto-feudalistic days the concept on nationality/nationalism did not even exist.

"Khorasanian" then maybe?
>>
>>60029489
No, everything science and mathematical was stolen from the Designated Street Shitters and the Greeks. Well, except for man on man anal sex, the Greeks stole that from the Arabs.
>>
>>60033181
Well the scientists from Al-Andalus weren't exactly Arabs.
>>
>>60033185
well see pic related
you see the province called persia?
that was the home of the persians and only on that land you heard the persian language

others had their own language and culture
>>
>>60033313
They were berber
>>
File: 1451668522003.jpg (163KB, 656x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1451668522003.jpg
163KB, 656x1024px
If Celts for example would have preserved and translated ancient text to the extent that happened there you'd be all going ZOMNG MASTER REIZ
Keep moving them goal posts
>>
>>60033183
They try this to defend Islam. They say it's "scientifically accurate", while it's clearly not...I mean the greatests experts of the Qur'an believe the earth is flat, for fuck's sake....
>>
File: 1441651848693.jpg (216KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1441651848693.jpg
216KB, 1000x800px
>>60033020
This. Its not as if the middle east was some primitive area before islam. It was already a great center of learning.
>>
File: 1451825409560.jpg (86KB, 696x665px) Image search: [Google]
1451825409560.jpg
86KB, 696x665px
In all fairness to our non-white guests, we do need to admit that we are coming from a place of privilege. We cannot understand what it's like to *not* be the race that is known as the authors of modern civilization.

This privilege surrounds us and blinds us to the fact that marginalized groups (some who are not yet civilized, and some who had to be dragged into modernity kicking and screaming) need to be able to dig into the footnotes of history to find their own relevance, however tangential to the subject.

"Oh look, a connection to Persia," they might say, totally ignoring the fact that Alexander the Great was a thing.

Civilization + power = privilege^(current year)
>>
>>60033438
and some people dont understand that byzantine and Sassaniand empire were in their golden age
basically ME without arabia were in their golden age
>>
>>60033170
>based razi

He got BTFO by ibn sina (avicenna) but still his contributions to medicine were bretty good. Including the discovery that fever was one of the human body's reaction to infections.

The problem with the islamic golden age is that all the good it did was rendered impotent by al ghazali's "incoherence of the philosophers". Hence why averroes called his counter response "incoherence of the incoherents". Sadly it never was enough to turn back the ship.

Islamic intellectuals to this day still consider ghazali to be a "proof of islam", which in respect is a title even superior to sheihk ul islam (the arabic equivalent of "doctor of the church" eg. Aquinas). Says it all really.
>>
>>60033143

No. Fuck you, you smelly shit-skin.
>>
>>60033401
FUCK. I always forget about the Berbers. And yet they're so much better than the Arabs...
>>
>>60033482
>Alexander the Great
a barbaria that adopted many persians traditions?
and even took persians arquitect to macedon

the achaemenid was about to fall, the kings were corrupt and no one didnt want to fight for them, that is why they lost the war with greece
>>
Islam is a mountain of lies and deceit. Of course there was no Islamic golden age. Muslims are sex obsessed goat herding sand-monkeys.
>>
>>60033671
no
you fuck you smelly bitch
>>
>>60031238
You stupid fucking Dominican monkey

Greek was one of the official languages of the Persian Empire. Yes that includes muh Aryans.

To act like they had no interactions, and took nothing from Greek scientific discoveries and philosophical writings is inaccurate.
>>
>>60033438
Well the only relevant thing that Islam brought to the Arabs was unity. Same thing as with Europe and Christianity.
>>
>>60033708
>Alexander the Great
>a barbaria that adopted many persians traditions

top kek, you're one stupid nigger.
>>
>>60032056
That is the most cuck reason i have ever heard

>We gave up Singapore to Imperial Japan, We're nice like that
>>
>>60033741
>Greek was one of the official languages of the Persian Empire
what?
are you this stupid you pigskin smelly fag

>>60033741
>took nothing from Greek scientific discoveries and philosophical writings is inaccurate.
they didnt you idiot

if so why alexander adopted many persians traditions and took persians arquitects to macedon, idiot
>>
>>60033382
Of course. That doesn't mean the farsi/parsi language and culture didn't quickly become the dominant one in the future "iranian" region.

Eg. The franks came to dominate france under Clovis and later germany under Charlemagne. Does that suddenly mean we should stop referring to old france as french just because the franks only came from the northern regions of france and belgium/netherlands in casual conversations?

I see your point but it's semantics that belong in research papers and essays, not a wannabe chink imageboard.
>>
>>60033827
>you're one stupid nigger.
read some history you stupid pigskin subhuman
>>
>>60033889
>Alexander took some architects and that means he stole EVERYTHING from the Persians and Persians didnt take anything from Greece

just kill yourself, your historical knowledge is fucking laughable.
>>
File: 1451228353284.jpg (33KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
1451228353284.jpg
33KB, 600x604px
>>60029489
It's all propaganda by the muzzies. Never trust a muzzie. They are worse than the jews.
>>
>>60033929
>That doesn't mean the farsi/parsi language and culture didn't quickly become the dominant one in the future "iranian" region.
lol that was AFTER ARAB INVASIONS
and it happened because many arabs had to learn persian to understand the books they didnt destroy

they mongrelized persian culture and while mixing with other iranians they imposed that language on them and that is how you get your modern "iranian"
>>
File: Untitled.png (2KB, 262x55px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2KB, 262x55px
>>60033889
>>
>>60034071
>say a muzzie

>>60034009
hahaaha
read some history
>>
>>60034119
that wasnt a persian empire, idiot
you are just a troll
>>
>>60033932
He himself didn't since he died pretty sharpish after extending into iran. The seleucid dynasty (and later the parthians & sassanids )did though.

It's pointless to argue that neither the greeks nor the assyrians had no cultural influence on either, let alone that they had any of their own. Ancient civilizations simply did not behave or think like we do about such things.
>>
>>60034141
>The Seleucid Empire was a Hellenistic state

No you're right shitskin, the Hellenistic period had nothing to do with the Greeks.

Alexander pillaged the fuck out of the Persians, but yeah dude, he just copied them you're totally right.
>>
They're having golden-haired underaged women in europe right now.
>>
File: not persia.png (12KB, 428x170px) Image search: [Google]
not persia.png
12KB, 428x170px
>>60034254
k. you were educated in a school with dirt floors so I don't blame you for being retarded
>>
>>60034364
>He himself didn't since he died pre
its in his history
have you read about him?
>>60034364
the sassanid didnt

look it up
>>
File: 1448299186449.png (333KB, 578x485px) Image search: [Google]
1448299186449.png
333KB, 578x485px
>>60034141
>say a muzzie
Me not a muzzie anymore. Me an ex-muzzie atheist.
>>
File: Waiting for Islam in huehue.jpg (31KB, 316x421px) Image search: [Google]
Waiting for Islam in huehue.jpg
31KB, 316x421px
>>60031139
http://www.academia.edu/8749355/Islamic_Inventions_were_Roman_Greek_and_Persian
Just read the whole thing
>>
>>60034427
>>60034461
you are confused
we are talking about a Persian empire using greeks as official language and that didnt happen
>>
>>60031139
Before Baghdad happened though they had already gone full reaction and had begun to persecute scientists they found to be anti-islamic as well as artists.
Everyone always ignores this and blames the end of their run on the Mongols, but that's simply not correct, the Abbasid Caliphate had already swung conservative and militaristic toward the end of it's tenure.
>>
File: seleucid.png (61KB, 258x519px) Image search: [Google]
seleucid.png
61KB, 258x519px
>>60034814
>>
>>60034080
>lol that was AFTER ARAB INVASIONS

Exactly. There is no point in arguing what they were before since we're talking about iran during the islamic golden age, not the achaemenid/parthian/sassanian kind. Or even further if you want to unclude the babylonian/assyrian eras.

Point is that persians/iranians/whatever you want to call them were responsible for much of the intellectual contributions of the golden age. Even the bad ones like ghazali.

Ultimately what killed the islamic enlightenment was the resurgence of the faith in response to the mutalizite movement. Look up the ashar'i history, you'll see.
>>
File: parthian.png (29KB, 264x471px) Image search: [Google]
parthian.png
29KB, 264x471px
>>60034814
AN official language doesn't mean thats what every single person spoke, but they spoke it there.

just like French is an official language in Canada but only one province really uses it.
>>
File: Rick&Morty.jpg (44KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Rick&Morty.jpg
44KB, 400x300px
>>60031139
Greeks improved what Babylonians and Egyptians did.
>>
>>60029489
Alot of them were athiests
>>
>>60035012
oh lol
that was an Hellenistic Empire found it by one of alexander's general
retard

>>60035093
>Greeks improved what Babylonians and Egyptians did.
what did they improved?
>>60035071
parthians were an iranian group just like persians, they werent persians
>>
>>60035017
>Point is that persians/iranians/whatever you want to call them were responsible for much of the intellectual contributions of the golden age
that is what im saying
>>
>>60033438
None of the Gothic cathedrals were built during the dark ages, even by the widest definition of the former term they're medieval.
>>
>>60029489
Yes.

But it's over.
>>
>>60035328
Axioms, reasoning, and proofs.
>>
When you think about it, Islam has been nothing but a fucking shitshow. It's a religion dedicated to war. It has done nothing for humanity. Look at christianity and just,fuck man. Even then Islam is growing rapidly as shit. I would really like to see how the world looks like 1000 years ahead.
>>
>>60035558
>I would really like to see
It's either glassed or brown
>>
>>60034486
You seriously think leaving behind bogus governments (future diadochi and seleucids) is the equivalent of adopting persian culture?

And read that post again, I clearly said that thinking the hellenistic and persian cultures didnt influence each other is nonsense. Back in those days, you always made use of pre-existing modes of adminstrations and culture when you were doing your conquering presicely because it was difficult enough to develop and spread effectively on one's own. Simply put: you work with the locals and vice-versa.

But that does not mean Alexander was unmitigatedly adopting persiam culture and traditions. When he conquered gordium, he slashed in half their holy knot for fuck sake...
>>
File: Islam 1.png (35KB, 641x619px) Image search: [Google]
Islam 1.png
35KB, 641x619px
>>
File: Islam2.png (38KB, 636x598px) Image search: [Google]
Islam2.png
38KB, 636x598px
>>
>>60033154
What's wrobg with gays? What's wrong with cowards?
>irrelevant since thousands of years
Do you know what irrelevant means?
>>
File: Islam3.png (352KB, 612x415px) Image search: [Google]
Islam3.png
352KB, 612x415px
>>60035940
>>60035964
>>
>>60035406
And i agreed. But you went full autist over me saying persian.
>>
It was a bunch of conquered Persians and Greeks that were responsible for it. Arabs didn't invent or discover shit.
>>
>>60036056
The fellow is what happens when critique of "euro-centrism" goes wrong.
>>
>>60035790
>You seriously think leaving behind bogus governments (future diadochi and seleucids) is the equivalent of adopting persian culture?
i didnt say that

just read his history ffs
im done
>>
Was the scientific method really invented in the Islamic world, or was it built from empirical methods from other civilizations?

>>60035558
Either this or a worldwide sharia slum.
>>
>>60036056
>But you went full autist over me saying persian.
im not
>>
File: MetalPlanet.jpg (692KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MetalPlanet.jpg
692KB, 1920x1080px
>>60036508
>>
>>60033482
They're almost as bad as the whites who have no personal achievements and prefer to identify with the elite of their race while they contribute nothing.

No one is jealous of the bottom of the barrel whites on here.
>>
>>60029489
All pre-islam Arabic cultures.
>>
>>60035940
>>60035964
>expecting Obama to know anything about anything

I chuckled at Al-ahzar's mosque being europe's model for the renaissance though.

Sylvester II already got most of his shit from Cordoba by the same time the mosque was even built. And no, islamic egypt didn't get gud until the ayubid (saladin's dynasty) and later the malmouk sultanate (which was actually where the remaining abassid rulers retired after the rise of the ottoman post mongol invasions).
>>
>>60035940
>one will find very few mentions of Muslim contributions to science. Because there aren't any

Here is one. Wall of text disproven.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhazen#Book_of_Optics
>>
>>60029489

Put it this way: How many "Islamic" philosophers weren't Aristotelians or Platonists?

Also think of it like this in the 600 years between Mo snuffing it and the sack of Baghdad almost nothing changed in the Islamic world technologically speaking. In Europe the time between the Renaissance and putting a man on the moon was about 600 years.

So the golden age wasn't really a period of spectacular human achievement.
>>
>>60036508
It's kind of hard to say that the Islamic world didn't do anything. I mean, they did contributed to the world to a degree. But is it really fair to actually give the credit to Islam and not the scientists who managed to do science within an Islamic culture? You'd be surprised to know that Christians actually resented Greek ideals because of how the Romans treated Christians. It's all the same shit really. Religion is awful, Christians and Jihadists are just the same thing, a cult. Just give the credit to the scientists and individuals and not the societies they were in.
>>
>>60036482
>i dont like what im reading
>cant provide a single evidence of what he claims
>just read sum real history!!1!

Coming from someone asking for proofs that the western hellenistic culture impacted on the islamic world, it's laughable.

If it wasn't for aristotle, you would never have had your golden age.
>>
>>60035071
just to play devil's advocate, French is used in the province of New Brunswick also

Lingua franca is different from lingua bourgeoisie (which isn't really a term, but I made up for the sake of showing it is a language spoken by the non-plebs)
>>
>>60037070
They did though. Avicenna's cannon of medicine was the medical go-to book in europe til the 17th or so century.

I'd give you that much of what they did was streamline, translate and compile al forms of knowledge they came across (being right in the middle of europe, asia, india and africa must have greatly helped for that). But they did come up with quite a few discoveries and inventions of their own. Either way it served its purpose.

The key difference is that we don't have europeans going around their daily lives spouting shit like " WE WUZ CONSULS N SHIEET" as if having been great aeons ago is a justification for remaining shit today.
>>
File: Io_caligola.png (2MB, 1339x765px) Image search: [Google]
Io_caligola.png
2MB, 1339x765px
>>60037952
>" WE WUZ CONSULS N SHIEET"

That would be the Romans.
>>
>>60029489
Nope, it was a Persian Golden Age when persians were under islamic rule.
Arabs have never been intellectuals, the are just dirty bedouins.
>>
>>60038149
Hasn't stopped western africans from claiming to be nilosiharans, or pakis from pretending to be descended from ancient baghdad.

If you're retarded enough, nothing's impossible.
>>
>>60038582
That's not true luigi, there's a long list of non Persian scientists in the middle east during that era with many of them being Arabs. The modern day surgery tools were invented by an Arab.
>>
>>60029489
Yes. Fuck off revisionists. It's well established that Muslims are intelligent (yet delusional) so no doubt when Muslims controlled world trade they would have a golden age.
>>
File: 11513781405_935acb7611_o.jpg (363KB, 883x883px) Image search: [Google]
11513781405_935acb7611_o.jpg
363KB, 883x883px
And one more note, suck my big brown arab dick like all your wommenz do :DDDD
>>
>>60038869
>implying you're not a virgin still
>implying all the women in your village aren't Hamas shields

Stop your "WE WUZ SCIENTISTS N SHIET". Arabs did nothing but arabize everything. Even you, you're an arabized kike.
>>
>>60036916
>Sylvester II already got most of his shit from Cordoba
You mean the city?
>>
>>60038797
Why aren't you intifada today, muhammad? So, there was an arab that was good with knives. Color me shocked.
>>
>>60039091
He's not a kike, he's an Armenian rape baby.
>>
>>60039099
I mean the cordoba emirate/ taifa. That's where he got his literature from.
>>
>>60039283
Ok.
Mostly of his works derived from the Greco-Roman
culture.
>>
>>60038797
>60038149
>Not providing us with the list.

At first I took your comment with a grain of salt. Then I realised you weren't kidding.
>>
>>60038869
Don't you have a goat to fuck?
>>
>>60039724
Not saying he wasn't. He still got a lot of stuff from corboda though. I referred to him because he is one of the first well known european humanists to deal with arabic numerals, amongst other things.

Back in the 900s. Most intellectuals were platonists/aristotlean scholars. The europeans and arabs were no exception.
>>
>>60040185
Got it.
Some scholars decided to stay after the Christian Reconquista, the environment was freer. I remember this dude, Ghalib the Mozarabe.
He was not in Cordoba but translated a ton of stuff.
>>
>>60039755
Here's a roughly accumulated list on wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arab_scientists_and_scholars

And here's the father of surgery being an Arab
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Zahrawi

>b-but muh /pol/ memes

eat shit fake frog
>>
>>60029489
Why do you people think historians suck Persian dick? It was all from them. And they got it from the Mesopotamians. Ever since the original settler tribes, the cultures that followed took what their predecessors had and took if forward.
>>
>>60041818
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Zahrawi
Al-Ansari, huh? Wow. I almost expected the link to be about some obscure berber who was claimed to be an Arab.

As for the list...Well thank you for it. It does say "In some cases, their exact ancestry is unclear.", but at the very least, you got me a list.

شكرا لك
>>
>>60042418
>Salah is speaking to me
>B*rber
ewww
>>
>>60038869
Shut up Hawke.
>>
>>60043001
Yeah, there were lots of Berbers there at that time. That's the original population of North Africa, by the way.

Also, I'm not an Arab. I'm just learning fus7a, not one of your dialects (although darija probably should be on my priority list, given the population of North african sandniggers in the capital.
>>
>>60029489
Short answer: no
Long answer: Google it fgt
>>
>>60030315

>what is historiography

In choosing which events are deemed significant and worthy of mention, and which are not (what fits the narrative) you are editorializing and making an argument

The construction of histories is not neutral
>>
>>60043441
I see, well Zahrawi makes a strong case for being an Arab, and that list is probably part of what have been lost during countless wars in the middle east and the burning of Baghdad library by mongols which possessed millions of books with many of them belonging to Arab scholars.
>>
>>60043881
Historiography is always going to be a subject of contention, regardless of the source. It's a bit like epistemology where it's the structure itself of a field that's being studied and scrutinized.

It's hagiography that we could all do without.
>>
Yes and No.

Europe fell into a state of serious disrepair following Xiongnu incursions, resulting in germanic migration, empire crumbling, etc.

while the arabs kept "ancient knowledge" that europe lost, greek maths and sciences, Carthaginian physics, astronomy, Roman concrete, and built universities and shit to continue the legacy and over centuries improve on it. Islam didn't exactly big it to fruition, but it didn't suppress it either, originally at least.
>>
>>60044179
I'm not sure they even bothered to make that kind of list at the time. We are interested in them, not the people of that day, at least I think. As far as I can remember, the people of the Middle-East made a bigger deal of their religion than of their bloodline.

Yeah, the burning of Baghdad was a crime against humanity. Not sure about "millions", but I know they had huge amounts of books and knowledge there. Loads were lost as well. Very sad, then again, there's nothing to be done about it.

Talking about Iraq always makes me sad. I've had to study its history for a course at university. It disgusts me how the region was plundered and abused, how many great things were lost and brought down by fools and barbaric hordes.
>>
>>60041818
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arab_scientists_and_scholars

Let's see: persians, egyptians, syrians, spaniards and the occasional arab.
How does that help your argument, muhammad?
>>
>>60044796
I am an atheist myself, and I hate how people interpret Islam through its many stages by a brief period in modern day history or its earliest days. Sure, Islam is fictitious like any other book out there, and it has many wrongs. But Muslim history during that "Golden era" was very interesting, and there was even advanced religious sects within Islam that Caliphs of that era followed called Mu'tazili, it called to consider religion as just spiritual thing, and scripts as a heritage and if they disagree with reasons then we must follow reason and science. That was 1100 years ago!
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mu%CA%BFtazila

Sadly, and due to Islam having the "one nation for all" mentality, such a large empire couldn't have a continuous breed of good caliphs, and it lead to its weakness like Roman empire before it, and several other kingdom arisen inside this empire and its neighbors were getting stronger and attacked these newly formed separatist kingdoms. I hate modern Islam and the way Islam spread, but the Umayyad and the first half of the Abbasid caliphates were probably one of the best things to happen in that region.
>>
>>60045091
>spaniards
lol
Anyway, many of them are Arabs, as for why "Gulf arabs" Don't have large representation, well it is easy, the gulf states were part of Persia, the inner part "Saudi" had a few immigration waves towards the north, and they were smaller in numbers compared to neighboring regions. So of course bigger populated regions are going to have more representation. With that being said, Arabs aren't just the ones living in the gulf, there's a second part of the Arabs that was even part of the Roman empire and had their own kingdoms and prosperous amazing cities (Eg. Petra)
>>
>>60045578
Dude, all the "arabs" you listed didn't live in the arabic peninsula. They all lived in places which had prior civilazations? Coincidence?
>>
>>60045335
>Atheist
>Palestine
Life must be fucking terrible where you live. Hizb Allah and the like must be a daily pain in the arse, mustn't it?

Yeah, there was an insane number of sects of Islam. I personally have heard good things about the Sufi's. They kind of fit your describtion of the Mu'tazila, but they were more spiritual than intellectual. I agree that there were amazing achievements during that era, but the system was made to fail. Not enough centrality, be it on a political or a religious level. The concept of 'ummat doesn't give enough coherence, since every sect will consider itself a 'ummat.

I wouldn't say in the whole region, but it certainly was for the Gulf region, Palestine and North Africa. I'm not so sure about Iraq, Iran and the other northern countries.
>>
>>60045999
Dude, Saudi Arabia was empty even in the days of Muhammad, Muhammad was a good military leader whether you like it or not, he united the southern arabs and attacked neighboring regions, and the few guys that came after him were just as good as commanders. When wars ended and the empire expanded, many of these southern arabs returned to Mecca and Medina and their contributions were only to Islamic literature, the elite ones remained in the newly conquered regions and started to expand, and btw many of the local population remained with their original religions and languages, it was Mamluks and Kurds and later Turks that imposed Islamic conversion and Arabization on the population, first Arab caliphates (Umayyad, Abbasid) were much more relaxed about it that caused many parts of Syria and the Levant to remain Christian up until the Crusades ended. I used the term arab to express that not only Persians as many suggested in this thread contributed to the scientific movement but many from the regions that we consider Arabs today.
>>
>>60046390
>I'm not so sure about Iraq, Iran and the other northern countries
Are you kidding? Persia and Iraq reached an abundance in the amount of wealth during the Abbasids, even more than any region in the Islamic world. And combine that with the great scientific movement then, I don't see why it was bad for them?
>M-muh ancient religions
Even Islam is an extension of these religions.

>Life must be fucking terrible where you live
Nah, just having different opinions most of the time.

>The concept of 'ummat doesn't give enough coherence, since every sect will consider itself a 'ummat.
That's what I said. It is good as long there's a strong advanced empire to control all of the ummah and shit without it.
>>
>>60030796
ottomans never cared about anatolia. they cared about balkans and gave their everything to that region. they exploited resources of anatolia for hundreds of years. in return, anatolian people rioted for 200 years.
>>
>>60029489
This is a very complicated question. There certianly were quite a few advancments made in middle east during the medieval period. However, many of these were either:
A) slight to non existent advanments and improvements of roman, greek and/or persian classical age knowledge
B) discoveires in fileds such as medicine or astronomy, many of which had already been done by either earlier civilizations, or had been discovered by isolated civilizations (namley the mezo-american and south american civilization ps in regards to astronomy), or the inventions would be relativly useless in the long term, as people from other areas with no knowledge of the islamic discoveires would discover better solutions to the problems these inventions tried to solve.
Or
c) artistic works lost to the ages
Furthermore, most of this was funded by rich shieks who were in no way funding this because of islam nor where the inventors scientists artist ect. motivated by islam. So to call it the "islamic golden age" is a misnomer, a better name would be "the medieval middle eastern golden age", telling us when where and what happened without confusing us by subtly implying islam had anything to do with the golden age beyond being the majority religion of the region it took place in.
>>
File: 1406546116827.png (194KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1406546116827.png
194KB, 736x736px
>>60047197
>Burger opinion
>>
>>60047017
I didn't mean that it didn't prosper. I'm just not sure it prospered more under islamic rule than under any other previous rule. The Middle-East was ruled by big powers, like Alexander the Great, Babylon, Akkad, after all.

I don't see where you get that "muh ancient religions" thing from.

The problem is, the 'Ummat is probably the reason why the Arabs aren't going to be a big power for a very long time. That's crippling.
>>
>>60047485
Do you think your greentext somehow disproves my arguement? Or did you have no way to refute it and so you said to yourself "I know what I'll do! I'll rely on the steryotype that americans are stupid and use that to try to discredit him"
>>
>>60029489
there's no such thing as the Christian Golden Age.

So why is there an Islamic golden age? Is it because Muslim countries are so inferior they have to pitch in together to try to match Europe?
>>
>>60029489

Yes, it did. It's pretty interesting because while the Carolingian renaissance was all Latin the Islamic Golden Age was all Greek. Catholics rediscovered writers like Cicero and thought of them as righteous pagans and all that, the Muslims did the same thing with philosophers like Plato.

The constitution of Iran is heavily influenced by Plato's Republic.
>>
>>60047965
>there's no such thing as the Christian Golden Age
That's because there hasn't been one singualar "golden age" for the western world after it became christian. We have the Renaissance, englightenment, the advancments made duting the 20th century, which includes a few different periods, like the space race, the computer boom, ect.
>>
>>60030290
Rome at its peak was worth only 1/10th of a unified India or China. Even then the richest province in Rome was Egypt.
>>
>>60029489
Yes it was a period where they stole everyone's gold.
>>
>>60047197
I think of it this way:

Without Islam, the Arabs wouldn't have been able to unite and would have stayed mainly irrelevant. Because of Islam, they started working together, built an empire so defined by muslim culture that I tend to call it "the muslim empire".
"Golden Age" refers to a period of great prosperity. I think it's really used a lot for "scientifical achievements", but the original meaning is just that, a period of prosperity.

Also, to say "middle-eastern" would misrepresent the ethnical changes that were operated during that era. If you don't call it muslim, call it Arab. Given how important arabisation was to the muslim empire and how massively the non semite population was demographically crushed, I think that's one fair thing to say. Or maybe do you don't agree on this?
But yeah, lots of what was claimed to be either muslim or Arab was actually Persian, Berber, Kurdish, etc etc.
>>
>>60031890
http://www.greekmedicine.net/whos_who/Avicenna.html

here is one example you dumb faggot
>>
>>60048306
>Update
thats my point really.
>>
>>60047819
>The Middle-East was ruled by big powers, like Alexander the Great, Babylon, Akkad, after all.
And what makes you think they were more prosperous or peaceful than Ummyyad and Abbasid? If we consider Persia, Muslims didn't destroy any city in their capture of Persia and later Persia turned into a great hub for commerce and science, how's that a downgrade? When if you look at it, Persians at the time were defeated by a bunch of sandniggers from the desert. I think the first half of Abbasid and Umayyad were as great as any of these ancient civilizations. They had their own art, philosophy, scientific discoveries, bigger empire to trade in..etc. If anything they did what Alexander wanted to do which is unifying the empire in a one nation like state.

>>60047940
>invented surgery, and many medical advancements
>great contributions to maths, even started their own branch of mathematics
>earliest form of programmable machine
>chemistry
>astronomy
>philosophy
>invented optics science
>many contributions to geography
>engineering contributions
etc..

>burger says they didn't do anything original
LOL
>>
>>60030796
>If it weren't for the crusaders the fall of Constantinople wouldn't have happened.

Timur saved your ass from the Turks.

>In 1394, Bayezid laid siege to Constantinople.

>Thus, the siege of Constantinople continued, lasting until 1402.[8] The beleaguered Byzantines had their reprieve when Bayezid fought the Timurid Empire in the East.[9] At this time, the empire of Bayezid included Thrace (except Constantinople), Macedonia, Bulgaria, and parts of Serbia in Europe. In Asia, his domains extended to the Taurus Mountains. His army was considered one of the best in the Islamic world. In 1400, the Central Asian warlord Timur succeeded in rousing the local Turkic beyliks that had been vassals of the Ottomans to join him in his attack on Bayezid, who was also considered one of the most powerful rulers in the Muslim world during that period. In the fateful Battle of Ankara, on 20 July 1402, Bayezid was captured by Timur and the Ottoman army was defeated. Many writers claim that Bayezid was mistreated by the Timurids. However, writers and historians from Timur's own court reported that Bayezid was treated well, and that Timur even mourned his death. One of Bayezid's sons, Mustafa Çelebi, was captured with him and held captive in Samarkand until 1405.
>>
>>60048767
they took what was already available and did fürther research (like the first glasses based on Greek research)
>>
>>60048498
Yeah I can agree with most of that.
And I know the definition of go,den age, which is why I didn't deny that it happened, because the region definitely had one, but I was simply refuting the idea that this golden age entailed a great advancment of science without which the world would have never have been able to advance.
"Arabian golden age" or "islamic empire golden age" would probably be a much better term.
>>
File: 1437630535634.jpg (258KB, 613x605px) Image search: [Google]
1437630535634.jpg
258KB, 613x605px
>>60048498
>Kurdish
Also you are being an ignorant nigger again. When people refer to it as "Arab" they are not taking the contribution from their original maker and attributing it to Arabs from Saudi Arabia. It is because even among your precious Berbers, ahmed, being an arab was a high status thing, as Arabs had sort of fanaticism about ancestry lines and their "purity". And back to the point, they say they are arabs because these people became Arabs whether at the time of the invention or later.
>>
>>60048995
"Islamic Empire Golden Age" is long but probably captures the essence of what it was.
As for the rest, I agree, although you'd have to discuss the relevance of that empire in terms of what it preserved from the Greeks and the Romans.
>>
>>60048971
And what's wrong with that? Isn't that what science is? Building on previously known information and even changing it and adding to it? If every human decided to not learn from the other how to make fire, you'd be still in the jungle scratching your butt with a tree branch like a monkey. These people appreciated science and worked hard to improve it and add new things to it, and later invent their own things. If anything, it is a praise, since without them many of these scripts would've been lost, Ahmed.
>>
>>60033438
That cathedral is gothic, which means xv century. Not in the dark ages. U american asshat.
>>
>>60048154
This.

Much of the aristotlean heritage was lost in medieval europe while platonism thrived. Europe still got echoes of it through the interim of the roman byzantine empire as well as its own inspired creations (eg. justinian corprus juris civilis), but the main bulk of aristotle's works came back to the west through the middleeast. One of the main reasons why crops of intellectuals like aquinas started to flourish again after the 11th century mark. Courtesy of the work of earlier clergy leaders like Sylvester II.

Ironically enough, it was the christian clergy that kept the flame of academia alive during the low middle ages to the high, and regressed only to what we contemporarily stereotype them to be AFTER the black plague where superstition and fear ran rampant.
>>
>>60049377
it is not as much of an islamic achievement as you muslims want as to think

the Hindu had scientific achievements before you allah threw the quran on earth
>>
>>60029489
It was an age of advancement but also decadence and corruption. God used the Mongols to wipe it off the face of the earth
>>
it's about as staged as the holocaust
>>
>>60048767
>Muslims didn't destroy any city
But they sure destroyed lots of stuff there. Anyway, that's not the point.
Well some of those great empires, especially those that hailed from Mesopotamia, lasted much, much longer than the Muslim Empire. Now we have to put things into perspective. Of course, the Muslim Empire was richer and more powerful than the Akkadian Empire, but that's a question of era. Akkad was one of the very first empires in the world, so it wasn't as impressive as the Muslim Era Empire was.
The Persians at the time were crumbling, they were at the end of their reign. Nothing impressive in beating a fallen giant.

Well, the Muslims did a poorer job at building their empire than the Sassanids or the Babylonians or the Akkadians. Those lasted a lot longer and with less trouble than the Muslim empire, which dissolved very quickly into a set of enemy realms.
>>
>>60048767
>>invented surgery
nope. that's a classical age invention, in fact recently it was discovered the Romans used many of the same tools for surgery that we use now, and that they would have been able to preform many advanced surgeries we previously thought were only first done in the modern era
>>great contributions to maths, even started their own branch of mathematics
they contributed to mathematics, but you're overstating the importance.
>>earliest form of programmable machine
that was the Greeks who did that actually but I'll admit that the during the period engineers such as Ismail al-Jazari did make impressive advancements, but they weren't the fist to do it, and it had no effect on robotics any where else in the world.
>>chemistry
>>astronomy
>>philosophy
those are just words, you're not stating how the Islamic empires did anything with them. granted the Islamic caliphates did make quite some advancements on astronomy, but it wasn't something toher cultures like the Chinese, Egyptians or south American and mesoamerican peoples hadn't discovered already.
>>invented optics science
optics date as far back as the Egyptians, and Islamic study of this was begun because of their study of Plato's Timaeus and Euclid's Optics
>>many contributions to geography
>>engineering contributions
those are such vague stamens that they prove or disprove nothing, provide specific examples for these claims to matter.
>>ect.
seems you ran out of things to say
so you resorted to this ad hominem:
>>burger says they didn't do anything original
which is completely false. The internet alone disproves, because of our invention of ARPANET
>>
>>60029489
Yes.

The only lie is calling it Islamic.
>>
File: 1425768957460.jpg (22KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
1425768957460.jpg
22KB, 396x400px
>>60032075

>I'll disregard your argument by gleefully proclaim you actually believe what you believe.

Such profound logic and argumentation, a genuine intellectual bitchslap. Almost on par with the current year retort.
>>
>>60049068
That's funny, a Moroccan gave me the same lecture some time ago, but he was bitching the other way around, he said that whole tribes convinced themselves that they were related to the Arabs, while it wasn't true.
But you're acknowledging yourself that many things were called "Arab" while they weren't. So that's nice.
Also, stop calling me an Arab, يا زنجي .
>>
>>60049561
Stay mad, Ahmed

>>60050036
>Well, the Muslims did a poorer job at building their empire than the Sassanids or the Babylonians or the Akkadians. Those lasted a lot longer and with less trouble than the Muslim empire, which dissolved very quickly into a set of enemy realms.
Not really, if you look at it like what Muslims think of it, Islamic caliphate lasted for over 1300 years, through several caliphate dynasties, arabs, persians, turks, kurds, fatimids..etc And same thing happened in ancient Egypt where rulers came from multiple ethnicities during its history, yet people never argue with its continuity as a civilization but look at it as a change of rule. You can fantasize all you want about ancient kingdoms, I live in the region and I spent most of my childhood reading its history, they did far more destruction, pillaging, massacring, and ethnic cleansing than first arab caliphates (ummayad, abbasid) ever dreamed of.

>>60050044
Go learn something, and then comeback :)
>>
>>60050482
>>Go learn something, and then comeback :)
>I have no argument so I'll resort to an ad hominem
>>
>>60029489
This is what will happen to Europe:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquest_of_Persia
>>
>>60050201

Sweden bringing the HEAT
>>
>>60050478
Many of those movements about muh heritage in the Arab world, is because people want to distance themselves from the massive failure that the region have became. Which is rather funny since the shit regions nowadays in the arab world, are the ones with the "we are not arab" people. If you look at the real arabs "gulfies" they are the most advanced countries and among the richest in the world, albeit a bit retarded culturally and socially. I think it is good that each arab nation find its own identity, but at the same time, having arabic as a common language for +350 million people is an economic advantage to these countries. France and England can only dream to have all Europe speaking their languages.
>>
>>60050482
faggot please

you mudslims got the science because you conquered Persia which was an high advance civilisation. You stole from Greeks like this: http://www.greekmedicine.net/whos_who/Avicenna.html

stay mad faggot: once subhumans allways subhumans
>>
>>60050553
>I will say ad hominem because I learned it on /pol/ to sound smart
You are retarded, and simply lacking good education which you claim to have it in the highest standard about the issue. So my advice to you remains the same, go learn something :)
>>
>>60050875
>getting cucked all of his history
>calling others subhumans

Ahmed hans mehemt ivanov plox
>>
>>60050932
>You are retarded, and simply lacking good education which you claim to have it in the highest standard about the issue. So my advice to you remains the same, go learn something :)
I went to M.I.T. If you consider that a bad education then I'd love to see what you consider a good one.
and that doesn't matter, because if I'm such a retard then you should easily be able to refute my argument. yet you haven't. If you can't disprove someone you believe is "retarded", what does that say about your mental capabilities?
>>
>>60050482
>Islamic caliphate lasted for over 1300 years, through several caliphate dynasties, arabs, persians, turks, kurds, fatimids..

I'd consider your argument valid if there had been one power ruling over the whole territory for a set amount of t ime, but the fact is that the Arab world was divided and there were wars between factions and dynasties between the 12th century and the start of the Ottoman Empire. And I'm not even talking about how fucking troublesome the Kurds were in the Middle-East, I'm talking about how the Mashrek and the Maghreb were ruled by different dynasties that lead war against one another.

>they did far more destruction, pillaging, massacring, and ethnic cleansing than first arab caliphates (ummayad, abbasid) ever dreamed of.
Hum...No. They utterly destroyed the indigenous population of the Middle-East. There's nothing but sandniggers all around, and maybe between 5 and 10% left of one population amongst other people that were ethnically cleansed by the Muslims. The other empires of the Middle-East, on the other hand, ruled through cultural assimilation. They had one dominant ethnia, and it shared its culture with the others, much like the Romans. Why? Because it's a good and effective way to rule over large territories.
>>
File: laugh 1451369835371s.jpg (5KB, 125x106px) Image search: [Google]
laugh 1451369835371s.jpg
5KB, 125x106px
>>60051042
At least my country exist in opposite to yours

How does it feel to get ass fucked by jews the whole life?
>>
>>60051042
we can get ride of the subhumans you will be a slave of jews forever because your country is a shithole just like every muslim country

Tell me where were the scientific achievements from muslim countries the last couple hundred years?

Stay mad Memet
>>
>>60051211
my country still exists
>>
>>60051407
>Tell me where were the scientific achievements from muslim countries the last couple hundred years?
Hans, you know he'll just respond by saying it was Europeans fault they haven't done shit because "muh crusades"
>>
>>60050806
>"gulfies" they are the most advanced countries and among the richest in the world
Yeah, they're rich, but that's about it. They're not advanced in any way, shape or form. The only thing they understand is how to extract petrol. Other than that, they're retarded, not only culturally and socially, but also religiously, scientifically and literally.

That would be an advantage if they ever decided they wanted to speak fus7a. They mostly don't, they think it's too pompous and they mostly don't have the brains or the education to learn it properly.

Well they also want to say they're not arabs because, again, the Maghreb still has a lot of the original people of the region (about 40 to 50% depending on the region and country). So that's that. That's a lot more than in the Middle-East.
>>
This thread was going pretty gud until the muslim shitposters showed up.
>>
>>60029489
No.

http://www.newenglishreview.org/custpage.cfm/frm/140210/sec_id/140210
>>
File: f88.jpg (45KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
f88.jpg
45KB, 500x316px
>>60051487
GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY GERMANY
SHIT SKIN MUSLIM SCUM!!!!
RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>60051569
At least it wasn't a straya cunt's fault, this time.
>>
>>60051532
yeah that's their only excuse.

the Christians wouldn't even start the crusades of the sand nigger would have stayed in their countries
>>
File: 1424726027878.jpg (37KB, 600x455px) Image search: [Google]
1424726027878.jpg
37KB, 600x455px
>>60051178
>I went to M.I.T.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
okay pajeet

>>60051211
pic related

>>60051196
>I'd consider your argument valid if there had been one power ruling over the whole territory for a set amount of t ime, but the fact is that the Arab world was divided and there were wars between factions and dynasties between the 12th century and the start of the Ottoman Empire.
And that didn't happen in the Roman empire? Didn't it even had several wars? Wasn't it divided into two western and eastern?

>Hum...No.
Go learn something. Assyrians and Akkadians were the masters of ethnic cleansing and race mixing, they took every part of a single gender in the conquered population and replaced it with someone from foreign lands, ex. Samaritans (Half ancient hebrews, Half Assyrians). Also, you missed a point that I made clear during my first replies. Abbasids and Ummayads weren't that bad to the local population, and they only imposed special tax on them that wasn't much higher than Muslims paid. And due to that many of the Levant and Syria and Northern Iraq region aka fertile crescent was able to preserve its original religion and population up until the crusades, when Mamluks arrived and started the war of conversion towards the inhabitants. And btw Mamluks existed for the very same reason I mentioned before, since majority of Syria and Levant were of Christian religion they had to import soldiers from far regions and recruit them as an army.
>>
>>60048767
>invented surgery, and many medical advancements
bullshit.
google Galen of Pregamum
>great contributions to maths, even started their own branch of mathematics
bullshit
google Pythagoras
>earliest form of programmable machine
bullshit.
astrrolabes were not "moslem inventions", even their name is greek
>chemistry
greek.
>astronomy
greek
>philosophy
greek
>invented optics science
italian
>many contributions to geography
bullshit, they used the maps of others.
>engineering contributions
muzzies never even achieved the skills of roman engineers.

the "moslem golden age" existed only as a counterpoint to the dark ages that were wracking europe and china at that time.

it's easy to be the "most advanced civilization" when every other civilization is busy destroying themselves.
>>
>>60051634
are you retarded? where did i said that i am a sand nigger?
>>
>>60051744
answer my question faggot:

Where were the scientific achievements from sand nigger countries the last couple hundred years?
>>
>>60051744
why are 90 percent of your countries 3. world shitholes?

i am not mad. you mudslims are a joke.

Hindu knew a shit tone that way before you
>>
File: Txt-Melissa-3.jpg (550KB, 1772x1273px) Image search: [Google]
Txt-Melissa-3.jpg
550KB, 1772x1273px
>>60034669

I really really (actually) like that picture.

Have one of mine.
>>
>>60051545
>Still Saying he's not Salah

Anyway, I like to join the gulf bashing party, but their HDI is on the rise, and rapidly, their universities are only increasing in ranks globally, they spend ridiculous amount of money to import western academics and institutes. And whether you like it or not, they have had some daring and interesting ideas going like masdar city, and the country that contain that project UAE is rapidly diversifying and becoming a trade and finance center, especially for Islamic finance which is rapidly growing. Bahrain is also an important hub for finance. As I said, they are retarded culturally and socially but they are doing somewhat good on other things, maybe they should be doing better, but for sure they are doing much better than other Arab countries.
>>
>>60051744
>>I went to M.I.T.
>>AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>okay pajeet
>this shitposter has still not refuted my arguement and is still resorting to ad hominems
>>
>>60051744
Yes, it did. But we consider the two empires as separate entities. The fall of the Western Roman Empire marks the end of Antiquity, while the fall of the Eastern Roman Empire marks the end of the Middle Ages.
Also, I'm not just talking about civil wars.

>Assyrians and Akkadians were the masters of ethnic cleansing and race mixing,

Now I'll need references on that.

Oh, right, Jizya? You mean the stuff the Dhimmi had to pay? THAT was supposed to be good in any way shape or form? I don't have a problem with the Jizya itself, it's a tax, but it's what it represents. People divided according to religion, and the Muslims had the best part in all things. If the other population made a move? They were fucked in the arse. Yes, being a dhimmi was so nice, compared to being a simple citizen of the Assyrian Empire.

Yeah, the Mamluks were terrible. As were the Turks and the other cunts.
>>
File: Beasty-10.jpg (86KB, 450x443px) Image search: [Google]
Beasty-10.jpg
86KB, 450x443px
>>60052330

Might as well just jerk off till the muzzies cut off the internet and then we have to mail each other homemade tentacle rape and smug pepes.

Have one on me friend.
>>
>>60051773
>google Galen of Pregamum
Google Al Zahrawi
>The chief influence of Albucasis on the medical system of Europe was that his lucidity and method of presentation awakened a prepossession in favour of Arabic literature among the scholars of the West: the methods of Albucasis eclipsed those of Galen and maintained a dominant position in medical Europe for five hundred years, i.e long after it had passed its usefulness. He, however, helped to raise the status of surgery in Christian Europe; in his book on fractures and luxations, he states that ‘this part of surgery has passed into the hands of vulgar and uncultivated minds, for which reason it has fallen into contempt.’ The surgery of Albucasis became firmly grafted on Europe after the time of Guy de Chauliac (d.1368).

>bullshit
>google Pythagoras
What's Algebra you nigger
>bullshit.
>astrrolabes were not "moslem inventions", even their name is greek
nice proof you've got there. Also Mohammad Musa and his brothers Ahmad and Hasan (collectively known as the "Banu Musa brothers") were also remarkable engineers. They are authors of the renowned Book of Ingenious Devices, which describes about one hundred devices and how to use them. Among these was "The Instrument that Plays by Itself", the earliest example of a programmable machine.[18]

>chemistry
>greek.
LOL https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jabir_ibn_Hayyan

>astronomy
>greek
absolute lel

>philosophy
>greek
they were influenced by them and added some of their own, and they are the reasons you know about greek philosophy you niggertwat

>invented optics science
>italian
kek https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhazen

>bullshit, they used the maps of others.
AYY LAMO BURGER IS MAD

>muzzies never even achieved the skills of roman engineers.
burgers lol
>>
>>60052091
My mother's family is Flemish, my father's family is Italian. Fuck off, Muhammad.

As for the Gulf states. Just wait a few decades. When petrol runs out, they'll quickly go back to being completely irrelevant, and by the time that happens, I hope they'll have covered their arses. The things you named are indeed very interesting. Islamic finance has potential as well. But they'll need more than all that to survive when their oil runs out. Or when we don't need that kind of fuel anymore, which will happen, eventually. Then, the Gulf states will have very little for themselves.
>>
>>60052548
What the fuck is this shit.
>>
File: Text-08-Sin-Envy-2.jpg (372KB, 1181x1476px) Image search: [Google]
Text-08-Sin-Envy-2.jpg
372KB, 1181x1476px
>>60052569

You probably realized by now that the list of Muslim scientists is heavily skewed in favour of Shiites and Persians.

Just saying.
>>
File: 1447679758443.jpg (4KB, 100x174px) Image search: [Google]
1447679758443.jpg
4KB, 100x174px
>>60052548
Dafuq is that?
>>
File: VeryOdd-Rare Pepe.jpg (70KB, 400x395px) Image search: [Google]
VeryOdd-Rare Pepe.jpg
70KB, 400x395px
>>60052749

U like?
>>
>>60052330
>Now I'll need references on that.
I gave you an example that you can look up in which it has references on Assyrians having it as a habit.

>Oh, right, Jizya? You mean the stuff the Dhimmi had to pay? THAT was supposed to be good in any way shape or form?

Yes, since they didn't have to serve in the army, they were citizens and reached high academic and government positions, many of the earliest caliphs advisors were Christian and Jews. And the amount of that tax is not varied, it is as much as Muslims pay with a few percentage added iirc. And to be able to just pay that and not serve in the army, and gain protection is not that much of a bad deal, don't you think?

>Yes, being a dhimmi was so nice, compared to being a simple citizen of the Assyrian Empire.

Yes, it was. I'd rather be Christian or Jew living in Umayyad or first half of Abbasid empire than any other early civilization.
>>
File: Text-05-Sin-Lust-1.jpg (1MB, 2362x2953px) Image search: [Google]
Text-05-Sin-Lust-1.jpg
1MB, 2362x2953px
>>60052682

A new years gift for you Anon.
>>
>>60051744
>jizya

they were second class citizen you lying fuck
>>
>>60052977
Fucking shit that looks like a Lovecraftian wet dream.
>>
File: Text-09-Sin-Treachery-1.jpg (1MB, 2362x2953px) Image search: [Google]
Text-09-Sin-Treachery-1.jpg
1MB, 2362x2953px
>>60053056

Part 1
>>
File: Text-09-Sin-Treachery-2.jpg (411KB, 1181x1476px) Image search: [Google]
Text-09-Sin-Treachery-2.jpg
411KB, 1181x1476px
>>60053192

part 2
>>
>>60052569
>Algebra

The roots of algebra can be traced to the ancient Babylonians,[9] who developed an advanced arithmetical system with which they were able to do calculations in an algorithmic fashion. The Babylonians developed formulas to calculate solutions for problems typically solved today by using linear equations, quadratic equations, and indeterminate linear equations. By contrast, most Egyptians of this era, as well as Greek and Chinese mathematics in the 1st millennium BC, usually solved such equations by geometric methods, such as those described in the Rhind Mathematical Papyrus, Euclid's Elements, and The Nine Chapters on the Mathematical Art. The geometric work of the Greeks, typified in the Elements, provided the framework for generalizing formulae beyond the solution of particular problems into more general systems of stating and solving equations, although this would not be realized until mathematics developed in medieval Islam.[10]
>>
>>60052747
Nope, Imran
There's a huge number of non Persian scientists
And here's an example list. Also Imran, if you even pretend to know history then you'd realize that Persia was Sunni up until 17th century, and it was Shiites from Levant who converted them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arab_scientists_and_scholars

>>60052607
Alright, Mehdi, don't get mad.

>But they'll need more than all that to survive when their oil runs out
Dubai is already 97% non oil related economy, and Abu Dhabi is following the example, and Saudi will always have the Hajj.
>>
>>60052958
>gave you an example that you can look up in which it has references on Assyrians having it as a habit.
Looking up is not my job if it's YOUR claim.

And in return, they had to pretend that they didn't have their own religion, could not renovate their own temples, were not allowed to marry outside of their religion, had their own tribunals and were second class citizens if there was any problem between a dhimmi and a Muslim.
Gain protection? As in not get killed simply for not being a Muslim? Oh, and you had to be part of Ahl alkitaab to have the right to be a dhimmi. Atheists? Polytheists? They were fucking dead. The only reason why the Yazidi were allowed to live was because they were monotheists.

>I'd rather be Christian or Jew living in Umayyad or first half of Abbasid empire than any other early civilization.
>any
>not wanting to be a Roman or Greek citizen

Also, you don't seem to know all that much about the earlier populations of Mesopotamia.
>>
>>60052569
>Ingenious Devices,

The book was commissioned by the Abassid Caliph of Baghdad, Abu Jafar al-Ma'mun ibn Harun (786-833), who instructed the Banu Musa to acquire all of the Hellenistic texts that had been preserved by monasteries and by scholars during the decline and fall of Roman civilization.[3] The Banū Mūsā brothers invented a number of automata (automatic machines) and mechanical devices, and they described a hundred such devices in their Book of Ingenious Devices.[2]

Some of the devices described in the Book of Ingenious Devices were inspired by the works of Hero of Alexandria[4] and Philo of Byzantium, as well as ancient Persian, Chinese and Indian engineering.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Ingenious_Devices

top kek
>>
>>60053248
...That's horrible. I doubt I could even fap to that.
>>
File: 1450391443363.png (230KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450391443363.png
230KB, 800x480px
>>60053267

I think you would like /his/ rather than /pol/ if you want to talk about historical rather than contemporary issues.
>>
File: 1450451626942.jpg (69KB, 518x514px) Image search: [Google]
1450451626942.jpg
69KB, 518x514px
>>60053580

Did you even try?
>>
>>60053038
>Europe was the prime example of equality
LOL

Dhemmis rights in Umayyad and Abbasid
>Personal freedom
>Freedom of prayer
>Freedom of ownership
>Freedom of pursuing trade, education, and government positions.
>Protection from prosecution

the only things that they weren't allowed to be is
>army leaders

I don't see the grave inhumanity in that, while in Europe majority of people were second and third, even fourth class citizens.

>The roots of algebra can be traced to the ancient Babylonians
>the guy who made it advanced, added plenty to it and wrote a book about its rules, and compiled an entire science out of it is a useless fuck, because he's a muslim
>/pol/ logic
Go get fucked by another Ahmed, Ahmed
>>
>>60053267
>always have the Hajj
They'll spend more money rebuilding what the muslims destroy and bury all the people the muslims trample than actually making profit out of it. Also, making profit from the Hajj is immoral for salafists, I'd expect.
>>
>>60053633
I'd probably end up vomiting all over my cock. I don't want that.
>>
>>60052682
normie repellant
>>
File: Beasty-30.jpg (152KB, 669x550px) Image search: [Google]
Beasty-30.jpg
152KB, 669x550px
>>60053757

Are cock centaurs more mainstream?
>>
>>60053653
they cant rule the nation
they cant convert other people to Christianity
they cant marry muslim women

they are protected only as long as they pay the danegeld
>>
>>60053853
I like that explanation. I think I can get myself hard on the idea of not being a normie.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.