[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

File: 285.jpg (23KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
285.jpg
23KB, 512x384px
What is the point of being a young male in 2016 and onward? What are we supposed to do? I feel extremely directionless.

>work out, get big
For whom? For fake whores who will throw you away when bored? Everyone knows all the good girls have been taken a long time ago. Just being healthy should be enough.

>get educated, get a high paying job
Again, for what purpose? Most worthwhile hobbies don't take a lot of money anyways. I'm not a hedonist. Plus, having money attracts golddiggers and fake friends, making it even more difficult to trust people.

>travel the world, get cultured
After browsing /int/ and /pol/ for so long, it seems like the rest of the world is nothing but liberal faggots and conservashits.

>DUDE WEED + other drugs
Could be bad for your mind and health, plus I'm not a hedonist

> inb4 WOW OP stop whining
That's why I'm asking the question. I'm looking for answers.
>>
cocaine has no negative effects
>>
File: 276.jpg (30KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
276.jpg
30KB, 512x384px
>>59973393
addiction is a negative side effect.
>>
>>59973393
go die faggot
>>
>>59973255
>after browsing /int/ and /pol/ the world seems like a shithole

Yes trust this extremely limited and very shaded lense on the internet to express the entire world.
Fuck this is why I hate the 4Chan hugbox and circle jerk. It legitimately starts to get in your head and you believe the shit that is said here.

I'm not ridiculously wealthy but in life I've opted and done pretty well so far instead of buying a large house and expensive car, to go on trips pretty much everywhere. I'm not talking sheltered trips where one would go with family and young children. Backpacking across country sides and going to backwater cities on the Mediterranean and across Asia. I've been to some touristy places but mostly find them boring and seemingly restricted and they really only show you what you want to see. Granted I don't do shit like go to Mexico city, I'm not retarded. But anon, the world is fucking beautiful and you literally just have to stop and experience it for once by yourself, don't let any of the autists here tell you how to see the world. If you don't like it when/if you do, then I guess I'm sorry for you; but just go somewhere. Go backpack across Spain with a plane ticket and some pocket change, go to some mountains anywhere. Pick up a hobby you enjoy. Do something with yourself. There's too much to do for one life time so the way I see it is to start doing some of it.
>>
>>59973255
>For whom
For yourself.
>>
Dude fuck it just travel or don't give up hope be yourself you'll eventually attract someone of a similar wavelength
>>
You live in a place with the opportunity to leave the place of your birth let alone your home town. Not everyone on the planet gets to do that, especially experience first hand what the world is really like beyond where they are living. Do something with it. Don't waste it like so many other's.
>>
>>59973255
Take chances. Turn your life into an adventure. Live for yourself. Don't worry about the future, let it just come while you make the best of things. Get a job that sends you around so you can see the country. Keep a laptop and do what enjoy add a hobby on the side. Change things up when it gets stale. When you're ready to slow down, do it on your terms.
Don't let everyone hold you down. Go solo and be free for yourself.
>>
>work out, get big
Anyway, you have nothing better to do. Meet people and make friends. Get a pretty wife to have kids with; all modern women are whores anyway.

>DUDE WEED + other drugs
Poisoning yourself
>>
>>59974175
really envy you anon,i always wanted to travel but im fucking poor
>>
>>59973255
>For whom? For fake whores who will throw you away when bored? Everyone knows all the good girls have been taken a long time ago. Just being healthy should be enough.

It's good to be in shape for so many fucking reasons. Fucking sexy bitches is one of them that you seem to be glossing over.

>Again, for what purpose? Most worthwhile hobbies don't take a lot of money anyways. I'm not a hedonist. Plus, having money attracts golddiggers and fake friends, making it even more difficult to trust people.

Financial security and following your dreams.

I want to be a therapist and I needed a bachelors to start on that path, so I got one.

>After browsing /int/ and /pol/ for so long, it seems like the rest of the world is nothing but liberal faggots and conservashits.

This is fucking pathetic I have no words for you.

>Could be bad for your mind and health, plus I'm not a hedonist

Being a depressed little boner like you isn't conducive to health either. Weed keeps me relaxed and clear headed.
>>
>>59974175
You gotta fucking remember that the majority of the people here probably do live in a shit city or something. I am in San Deigo for business and I could not imagine living in this shit hole. There are streets completely blocked off by homeless coked out nogs all over the place and just degenerates everywhere
>>
I wish there was some legitimate movement with ideals I could get behind. Nationalist, ethnocentric and anti-consumerist.
>>
I doubt it'll ever happen, but i imagine a scenario where white males are deemed unstable and dangerous, then rounded up and put into concentration camps because

>le patriarchy
>le white privilege
>>
>>59973255
Travel's still cool man. Backpack around Asia, see some cool sites, eat some amazing food, do cool shit.
>>
>>59973255
Become a trap and get with a depressed loner from /r9k/ if you're that upset.
>>
>>59973255
Stop living for yourself. Stop thinking in terms of "what will make me happy." Find a cause that's bigger than you and do everything you can to advance it. That's the only way to find any satisfaction in this world.

What cause should you take up? That's up to you. It can be literally anything, as long as you're not at the center of it. But find something, the world is more interesting than you seem to think it is.
>>
>>59974904
Tbh I don't spend much money on individual trips. Plane ticket to somewhere and backpack around, mail myself stuff in advance.

I don't know why you don't. The andes in your country are beautiful. 10x better than the Rocky's. Go there for a weekend. Learn to mt climb.
>>
File: 5141887131_733e1a2539_n.jpg (23KB, 255x320px) Image search: [Google]
5141887131_733e1a2539_n.jpg
23KB, 255x320px
>>59976010
A rational, mature and helpful comment on /pol/???
>>
>>59973255
Please watch this video, OP.

I promise it is the solution to all problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlvmcSbiJh4
>>
>>59976235
In fact...you are right,but i dont know i've always seen it as its not that easy as people say.Anon let me ask you sth, when you travel for example around asia do you do it by many countries in a row? if so how do you manages things like visa?
>>
>>59973255
Die for a cause.

The deadpill is the best pill.
>>
>>59976010
THIS
START THE REVOLUTION
>>
>>59976494
>if so how do you manages things like visa?
Generally white people can get them as they enter the country, but there are a few you have to prepare in advance. Planning.

Not the guy you were responding too.
>>
>>59973255
Become religious I guess. Otherwise you have to face a meaningless and absurd life. I mean we laugh at edgy teenagers when they go through their existential crises, but they're having pretty valid insights into what our lives consist of. We just kinda stop thinking about it because its depressing and pointless to dwell on.
>>
Expand human knowledge to improve the human condition.

Obtain wealth, leverage it to forward the goal mentioned above.

What's so hard to understand?
>>
Become a doomsday prepper and stock up on weapons, supplies, and learn practical skills for the big happening. It's a fun hobby.
>>
>>59973255
Kind of feel the same way OP. I've been saving up money and once I get my degree I'm just going to travel for as long as I can until I run out of money. Don't know what I'll do after that.

I've already given up on society I think. I just want to wander now.
>>
>>59973255

>work out
>for whom

Yourself

>get educated

Yourself

etc.

Or just be a sad little downer forever.
>>
>>59973255

>work out, get big
For yourself so you can enjoy personal strength, good health, longevity, and aesthetic excellence. Socrates said it best. Any other benefits that come with it are purely secondary.

>get educated, get a high-paying job
Education isn't exclusive to college. There are countless trade schools and industrial programs that cost infinitely less than college and allow you to enjoy higher starting wages and network connections. Again, select a career that allows you to make as much money as you want for your personal goals.

The world is filled with 7.3 billion people, with lives so rich and experiences so fascinating that many deserve biographical attention out of pure merit. Sure stereotypes exist, but take them with a grain of salt. Nobody represents anybody. Go out and talk to people.

>DUDE WEED + other drugs
No one's forcing you to do anything. All drugs affect different people differently. If you have self-control issues, don't take drugs. If you don't, it's not a bad idea to experiment just because it's, speaking plainly: fun. Feeling the air tingle around you is fun. Seeing weird fucking colors and non-Euclidean movements is fun. Just don't let it affect your personal and professional life and ability to function in a healthy way and you're fine.

>inb4 WOW OP stop whining
Serious question looking for answers too: why do you cuck yourself?
>>
>>59976785
hmmmm i see,thank you for your reply
>>
I normally don't reply to these threads because this isn't /r9k/, but this feels appropriate.

I went through the whole last teenager phase, then bought into this guys >>59977028 "do it for yourself mentality". Got my prof degree, was built like a Norse God, got the girl who hadn't been on the cock carousel, earned the money, travelled. With the exception of the girl, it has almost all seemed pointless.

The world is full of people that you just don't want to talk to either because they have settled for a life of monotony or those who think they are special snowflakes. There are the interesting individuals out there, but they are interesting because they have dedicated themselves to one thought or purpose. They discard what other people think and simply wake up each morning to do what needs to be done to fulfil their cause.

I'm sure someone will come along to try and dissuade you of what I just wrote, but fuck 'em. Just do what you want and don't let anyone tell you different.
>>
>>59976907
Go on
>>
>>59974175
fuck off hippie, the world is shit and its getting worse every day, you're blind if you dont see it
>>
Become a hustler.
>>
>>59973255
>>59976010
>>Find a cause that's bigger than you and do everything you can to advance it.

Getting Trump elected is a cause we can all support, right OP?
>>
>>59973255
>work out for who?

FOR YOU. Memes aside, you should improve yourself for you and not others.
>>
>>59975691
Check out the French New Right, or the alt-right in general. There is a movement that shares your ideals, it's just in the early stages and disorganised.
>>
>>59973255
If you actually condensed life in a few retarded bullet points then you really should hang yourself already. Life isn't that bad stop believing everything on /pol/
>>
>>59973255
spend more time on /out/, less time on /pol/

eventually you'll want to go /out/, and you'll be amazed at how your apathy will dwindle away.
>>
>>59973255
>>work out, get big
>For whom?
For your own chances of survival in the upcoming war.
>>
>>59973255
why dont you become a heidonist
>>
>>59973255
Do or don't do all those things for yourself, workout cause it's good for you Jesus. Most of the people in other parts of the world that you may meet in RL aren't as fucked as pol people.
>what's the point?
So you're not a frumpy depressed cuck.
Your apathy is incredible. "Need answers" sounds like code for I hate myself and those around me. You're letting the absurdity win
>>
>>59973255
>Most worthwhile hobbies don't take a lot of money anyways. I'm not a hedonist.

Why not be a hedonist? You've already realised that nihilism is correct, why not just do what will make you happy?

>but Anon my point is that none of the things I mentioned will make me happy
So figure out what does make you happy. If you just like shitposting, vidya, and Chinese cartoons, why not just do those things, or whatever it is you do like? Of course you'll probably need to work to earn enough money to sustain yourself and what you enjoy, but judging by your flag, there isn't an easy way around that unless you come from wealth or are black.
>>
>>59979318
What is that? Why is it called "alt-right"?..
>>
>>59973255

Boo-fucking-hoo

Don't go on 4chan when you are a depressed young guy like youreslf. This place is 99% negativity / trolling.

you are pathetic
>>
>>59973255
Travel for fun you idiot. It's not the same as this place will tell you.
>>
>>59976010
na this is bullshit

if you can barely care about doing anything for yourself, how the fuck are you suddendly going to do things for other people?

dint be fooled op, im sure yoh've already realized this is a vague moot answer.
>>
>>59973255
>After browsing /int/ and /pol/ for so long, it seems like the rest of the world is nothing but liberal faggots and conservashits.

This is true, that's why you never discuss religion and politics even when traveling.
>>
>>59976907
why the fuck should i care about the human condition? im outta here in about 40 years, im not having kids so why should i care about what comes after me? yeah yeah oooh edgy i know, but seriously answer me that, if my fucking consciousness will cease to exist and im not leaving any offspring behind, why the FUCK should i care about some long term benifeit for humanity?
>>
>>59973255
The truth is life is short and pointless but that doesn't mean it has to be hopeless. Just find things you can get satisfaction and enjoyment from while you're here and enjoy the ride.
>>
You've seen thru the charade, op, & you're correct.
>>
>>59974904
Si no tenés hijos o una familia que cuidar, literalmente no tenés nada que perder vieja.

Grab a backpack, go north, cross the border, go to Bolivia. This is how it started for me.
Now I've been in south east Asia for over a year and a half. Traveling makes you grow as a person.
The world is a beautiful place.
>>
Op posted once and then ran.
This cockgoblin was most likely there to slide, not for advice.
sage or cease posting.
>>
>>59973255
>For whom? For fake whores who will throw you away when bored? Everyone knows all the good girls have been taken a long time ago. Just being healthy should be enough.
Confirmed teenager
>>
>>59973255
look at it this way, you're too much if a pussy to kill yourself so your options are

make this shit work
be miserable till you die
>>
>>59979849

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G74sCg_n9rY
>>
>>59973255
Honestly OP ive always wondered why life seemed so meaningless when you really thought about it . And the only explanation I could come up with was that life in general is just a clusterfuck of different people with different skills , ideas , motivations , and end goals .
>>
>>59973255
we have a board for losers like you >>>/r9k/
>>
File: 1437450513320.jpg (350KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1437450513320.jpg
350KB, 1280x853px
>>59973255
>For Whom?

For you
>>
File: 1448754398092.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1448754398092.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>59975132
>weed...keeps me clear headed
Am I smoking weed wrong? I'm a lot of things after smoking up, but clear headed is definitely not one of those things
>>
>>59973255
I feel the same way man. I just live for my hobbies. Lucky for me though I have a decent girlfriend, which if I didn't, I probably would be as depressed as you.
>>
>>59980549
yes i've been thinking about it ,i might follow your advice
btw may i ask in which country are you now and what are you doing there?
>>
>>59981013
Forget the first question,for some reason confused your flag with costa rica one
>>
>>59981013
Right now I'm in Bangkok, Thailand, on holidays with my wife (she's Malaysian).

Going back to Malaysia in two weeks, I'm teaching Spanish over there.
>>
>>59981303
i assume you need experience and have studied something previously to do that,right?
>>
>>59973255
>Directionless, I'm looking for answers.
That makes you a philosopher, look into them they are extremely similar in the ways they were able to shake off the values of their time and only focus on true meaning. Some of us have the great burden of extended analysis and coming up with better questions, there is your purpose.
>>
That's not the point of education you pleb.
Pick up a book, learn to appreciate literature, and maybe one day you'll contribute to humanity.
>>
Existence is inherently meaningless and it's your task as a human being to give it meaning. You have to choose your goals for yourself. They may be pointless from the perspective of the universe itself, but that isn't your perspective anyway.

I set goals for my life at 18 and accomplished them by 29. I've been having trouble finding new ones myself ever since, but I'm sure I can figure it out, and the search for meaning can be enjoyable in itself.
>>
>>59981471
Haha, no. I just searched online how to teach Spanish and I'm winging it.
I never even went to college, just high school.
>>
>>59981878
Wow you are living my dream,thank you so much for take ur time to reply
Como decias no tengo nada que me ate y todos estos post son bastante motivadores pero el tema esta en dar el primer paso y animarse supongo,espero tener tanta suerte como vos algun dia
>>
>>59982340
Indeed, the first step outside your comfort zone is the most difficult one.
You just have to take it hermano. I've been there and it's not easy, so make sure you take all the time you need, but trust me, you won't regret it.
Watch videos on "leaving your comfort zone" to motivate you.
>>
>>59982813
thank you so much again,if u dont mind,how old are you? just curious
>>
File: 51oBhlo.gif (2MB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
51oBhlo.gif
2MB, 280x280px
>>59973255
Life without meaning is not worth living, so you must find one or give it your own.

A lot of people is religious because of this. Sacred books give answers and a purpose.

Passions give goals. If you don't believe in anything at least you need to find something that motivates you. Get a goal in your life. Either being bulked af, using your creativity on paintings and shit, programming, writing books. Whatever. Just make sure you set yourself attanaible milestones so you can feel the accomplisment and motivate yourself to move towards the next.

If nothing works for you just try to be the best version of yourself. At least until something comes up and you find your way. Work out for whom? Work out for yourself. Being strong and agile and watch yourself transform feels fucking great, man. Getting educated helps you find a meaning, getting a good job gives you discipline and financial estability plus opens a lot of doors for you. Try to watch the world from the top of the tallest building rather than a dark appartment, the scenario changes.

Avoid activities that naturally put yourself down and make you tamed and depressed. Do it as a challenge. Stop masturbating and killing too much time on the internet and videogames. Stablish a schedule and be determined about it. Motivation is fleeting, discipline is solid. Do activities that enforce this. Work out, read, go jogging with your favourite music. If you stablish some objectives like running x miles, read x book and do x push ups/pull ups/abs/sit ups and actually leave behind fapping and videogaming for a while your mentality will start to change.

Give yourself a month, OP. Nothing to lose, a whole new life to gain.
>>
File: 2015-11-05 16.jpg (747KB, 2392x1352px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-05 16.jpg
747KB, 2392x1352px
>>59983126
No hay drama, 31. If you wanna follow up, email me at [email protected]
>>
>>59983223
I'm really pissed at people like you.
Not because you are trying to give good advice, your advice is actually really good, but its not practical.
There are millions of motivational videos who do better job than your paragraph on 4chan.
But some people just cannot follow, we cannot follow. Your method is too methodical, it is cold and seems to follow a strict pattern to success.
In reality, that is rarely the case, and not only that, every person has a different thing he/she likes, for example, I hate exercising, I hate the thought of wasting my time just running or lifting weights just to have some nice muscle mass, another example would be to have company with poor quality people, I cannot stand people with a low level of intelligence, they are boring and predictable.
Again, not your fault, it is simply how some people are.
>>
>>59983317
Just messaged you bro
>>
>>59984130
I guess the key theme is putting yourself out there.

If all you do is stay at home, thinking there's nothing worthwhile out there for you, your life is just gonna pass by. You'll find yourself ten years from now looking back to an empty, wasted past.

Yes, you might end up having some bad experiences, but if you don't risk it you'll never have good ones either. Just a meh existence.
>>
>>59984130
While I understand why you're upset I have to say that you're focusing on one part only.

I gave like three options that came to my mind. Religion is one. The other one is having a passion. If, like you said, you don't like running you can paint, read, write, go hiking, whatever.

The last was answering his own post. He talked about why get fit, why get a better job, etc. I tried to explain him why and give him a reason to change.

Obviously, if you're sedentary because you enjoy your lifestyle then great. If you're sedentary and depressed then you need to change.

I hate motivational videos, none of them work. They're usually developed by people who's lifes are good so they tell you what they needed to make it good.

What else could've I said to the guy? I gave him a personal advice, he can cherrypick whatever he wants from mine and all others.

Not sure why you're particulary pissed at me thought. You say things like "people like you" "just the way some people are". Dunno man... I'm not trying to recruit him to a workaholic/crossfit sect or anything. Just trying to give him options.
>>
>>59980551
Sorry, I just got back from eating dinner with the family. I don't know what "slide" is.

After reading through the thread I've realized that while I'm sounding like a depressed edgy teenager (this last part is true), I really need to put myself in situations outside my comfort zone. For far too long, I've ran away from people and experiences.

Thanks everybody.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.