[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me /pol/. I want to be christian again, but not "god

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 26

File: cc.jpg (41KB, 736x492px) Image search: [Google]
cc.jpg
41KB, 736x492px
Redpill me /pol/. I want to be christian again, but not "god will give me a new car" christian, not a "the end is near, god hates fags, fuck you christian", or a protestant (i clearly am layman on christian strands). I want to be a conservative, "crusade like" ideals christian. Being on Italy made me understand that, even though i fight with my mind about the concept of a god i want to at least try.

Enlighten me.
>>
>>59969920
Oh, and im Brazillian travelling to Italy, in some days i will get to Vatican.
>>
File: SmashMarx.png (587KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
SmashMarx.png
587KB, 1366x768px
>>59969920
Convert to Catholicism.

The crux of Christianity is understanding that the entirety of all that is follows this narrative:

Creation - Fall - Incarnation - Redemption

Note, I am assuming that we accept the notion that there is an objective truth and that it is knowable. I point back to Socrates in the Dialogues having this conversation with a pupil.

As for the four parts that I referred to (Creation, Fall, Incarnation, Redemption), we can briefly address what each of these are essentially.

Matter and energy were at some point created ex nihilo. St. Thomas and St. Augustine have interesting (and distinct) ways of arriving at this.

As for the Fall, any human knows that everyone one of us is frail and will eventually die. While alive on this earth, we tend to have bad inclinations from time to time. Indeed, that we have any conflict and lack of order at all is proof enough of some disturbance that upset the original arrangement of things.

Incarnation and Redemption are less immediately (or naturally) understood. One can say that an infinite offense (sin that disturbed original primal balance and paradise) requires an equally infinite cancellation. Thus the Incarnation of God and thus His sacrifice of Himself, by Himself, and to Himself.

I would suggest not getting bogged down in the heavy Marxism of Pope Francis, the rampant homosexualism/beta cucks the fill the pews, etc. Read St. Bonaventure and St. Augustine, try some of the canonical hours (or even the Little Office, which is easier.)

Never forget that at the apex of Christianity there were military religious orders. Don't let the modern human element (viz., the 100% cucked neo-cons and even trad LARPers) make you forget that the Church is, at the core, one of vitality and virility.

So where does the Church fall in all of this?
>>
>>59969920
Read the bible. That's literally it.
>>
>>59969920
read New Testament
>>
There are 4 basic sides:

-Side one is the Jews. When Christ came that spelled the end to their dream of a Messiah. This meant that they themselves had to be their own Messiah, which they created Zionism for. Thus heaven and hell do not matter, only the status of Jews in this life.

-Side 2 is Christianity. When Christ came they fully recognized Him as their Lord. It was created by God, and thus things like heaven and several other doctrines are impossible to fully understand. Due to this, they shun a lot of this life, focusing on the unknowable heaven.

-Side 3 is Islam. They revised Christianity but made God more Godlike with the invention of Tawheed. Islam, being created by a man, made heaven basically earth 2.0. Everything about Islam is completely understandable from a human perspective, because it was made by a human. They are also like Jews, basing success on this world, but unlike Jews translate success in this world as also success in the next.

-Side 4 is heathens, they don't matter at all.

Pick your team Anon.
>>
File: orthodox-christian-timeline.png (571KB, 3120x2173px) Image search: [Google]
orthodox-christian-timeline.png
571KB, 3120x2173px
>>59969920

You only have one choice and that is the original church, the Orthodox Church. All others are cucked.
>>
>>59969920
Embrace medieval Catholicism.
>>
File: 062510pod03.jpg (879KB, 959x639px) Image search: [Google]
062510pod03.jpg
879KB, 959x639px
A church for men.
>>
File: 1441229153313.png (593KB, 1185x1029px) Image search: [Google]
1441229153313.png
593KB, 1185x1029px
God speed on your god finding journey my friend, though for me I'll have to remain agnostic. Still out of all brands of Christianity Catholicism would be best.
>>
>>59973557
How does it feel to believe in a magical garden with a talking snake and an evil tree?

IF you think Genesis was a metaphor, how does it feel knowing that original sin doesn't actually exist, and Christ's death was meaningless?

Christfags BTFO
>>
File: Bread Pill.png (548KB, 640x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Bread Pill.png
548KB, 640x1000px
>>59969920
It's time to take the bread pill, anon.
>>
File: catholics.jpg (71KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
catholics.jpg
71KB, 620x400px
Or a church for fag men and pedos.
>>
File: Advanced bread pill.png (3MB, 2560x2739px) Image search: [Google]
Advanced bread pill.png
3MB, 2560x2739px
>>59973950
>>
>>59974001
A troublemaker plants seeds of strife; gossip separates the best of friends.
- Proverbs 16:28
>>
Just watch to see the difference between Orthodoxy and Roman Catholics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHZtbnaXuGk
>>
File: Christian mysticism.jpg (367KB, 888x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Christian mysticism.jpg
367KB, 888x1224px
>>
>>59973684
I was baptized as an Orthodox Christian. I'd like to possibly explore that option, but I don't feel like I have the right mindset to truly worship. Advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>59974262

So speak to your priest and get a spiritual elder to help you.
>>
>>59973940
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/adam-eve-and-evolution
>>59973684
Brother Nathanael?
>>
>>59972083
/thread
I was always a christian but my faith was weak and I knew this, I simply avoided thinking about religion because I knew jack shit. Finally I decided to hit the NT and it inspired me greatly and I was never as God fearing as now. I still didn't read the Old Testament because I'm another 21th century technology dependent young dumbass so it's just too much to read, but I hope to get there eventually.
>>
Welcome to the order of DEUS VULT, brother.
>>
>>59973684

>orthodox shill about muh rites are more important than believing again

Daily reminder that Orthodox literally killed each other over how many fingers do you make the sign of the cross with.
>>
im glad i can be a christian without going to church

church is so awful
>>
In case you've forgotten, the Crusades were shit.
>>
>>59969920
don't do it, jeremy
>>
Read all the Gospels and pray to God. Ask for proof, ask for faith, ask to be humbled, as for humility, ask for love, ask to be like Christ. Don't just worship and revere but follow the instructions, do as Jesus leads you to do. He wasn't just showing off, he was teaching humanity to all live as the Children of God, which we are.
John 14:12
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
>>
File: a2281791728_10.jpg (394KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
a2281791728_10.jpg
394KB, 953x953px
>>59969920
Ok I don't want to make new thread so I'll ask here

Is it really ok for Christians to like art and music with explicitly anti-christian messages?
>>
>>59978494
It's fine if you like that, but you're not a Christian so don't call yourself that.
>>
>>59978494
>Is it really ok for Christians to like art and music with explicitly anti-christian messages?

If you think you're not going to be affected by it you're wrong. But there is nothing inherently sinful if your ears hear it.
>>
File: bread pill.jpg (160KB, 532x945px) Image search: [Google]
bread pill.jpg
160KB, 532x945px
>>59977091
church= all those who live as genuine disciples of Jesus Christ not necessarily the place a congregation meets
>>
>>59972083
> faith without works
Timothy says you're wrong anon
>>
File: 1111.jpg (176KB, 818x768px) Image search: [Google]
1111.jpg
176KB, 818x768px
>>59969920
god is creation of ones mind

if you believe, that god is wise, just and good, then what matters what you think of as wise, just and good

if you think allowing muslims to europe is wise, just and good, you will think that its the gods will and god is all knowing. but we all know that isnt the truth, muslims in reality are cancer to europe. but this reveals the fact one can be delusional of what is a god. yet it is this ones god.
personally i would take this face of god as false god, or work of the devil itself, who this sheep now worships blindly towards his doom.

to be near real god, you must rid of yourself from delsions. you must learn human behavior and this you can study from within yourself. learn your own emotions such as anger, sadness, happiness, neutrality, fury, focus. test them at will, let failures happen so you can understand yourself better, thus making you one step closer to seeing one true god. train your body, through it can you train your mind and rid of yourself from fear and arrogance, yet you learn to control them for your own benefit, as well as to find the one true god.

believing in true god requires you to seek reality and face it for what it is. this isnt easy, you must make yourself stronger. one might not believe it, but many teachings and stories from the past have been in real use and can be used still today. child cannot figure out what is right and what is wrong right from the start, only when the child grows up does he have chance to understand reality, for what it truly is.

nobody knows the real god, but more you make yourself touch of reality, more you side with justice, good will, honor, intelligence, the more you get to know the one true god
>>
>>59980542
this desu

"Just reading the Bible" is inadequate.
>>
>>59977091
You shouldn't hate church
In fact, it's a sin to miss mass without good reason
>>
File: francis.jpg (77KB, 697x432px) Image search: [Google]
francis.jpg
77KB, 697x432px
>>59974001
> implying evangelicals don't have more sex abuse scandals
http://shoebat.com/2014/05/06/sexual-abuse-protestant-churches-catholic/
http://www.themediareport.com/2013/10/02/evangelical-sex-abuse-worse-than-catholic-church/
>>
>>59973684
>>59973880
There is literally not differences in the theology between Catholic and orthodox
The only difference is church structure
>>
>>59981872
>> implying evangelicals don't have more sex abuse scandals
>implying I'm protestant
>>
>>59982037
>There is literally not differences in the theology between Catholic and orthodox

What is theFilioque?
What is papism?

There is somewhere around 87 differences.
>>
Epistle to Pope Franics

A Letter to Pope Francis Concerning
His Past, the Abysmal State of Papism,
and a Plea to Return to Holy
Orthodoxy

http://orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/epistle-to-pope-francis.pdf
>>
>>59981004
God of the Old Testament is the Demiurge, whom was created by the Great One. All things came about with permission from God. Even what you deem as horrible has been ordained by God's perfected mind.
Your thinking of wrongness and inability to accept the love of God (tough Love) is also the work of God. Gratitude, patience and deliberate observation of what appears in the screen of consciousness will bring you to the fruit of this tree.
>>
> I want to be Christian
> Enlighten me

Enlightenment lead to the end of Christianity

kek
>>
>>59982128
Name one difference in the theology
>>
>>59982442
Wrong
>>
>>59982901
>Name one difference in the theology

I did......
>>
>>59969920

You are in one of the most Catholic countries in the world; if you are sincere how about you go to Mass, talk to a Priest, pray, fast, and meditate (Lectio Divina and the Rosary being two important methods of meditation) and actually begin your spiritual conversion before you think that being 'anti-sjw' is what it means to be a Christian.

Also read these:

http://history.hanover.edu/courses/

excerpts/344bern2.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin _Rule

So you can REALLY see what it means to be a Christian man/warrior and not what you hope/imagine it to be.

>Thus in a wonderous and unique manner they appear gentler than lambs, yet fiercer than lions.

Do not use Christianity as an affection that supports your politics/world view like the 'neo-Pagans' do with their religion.

You have found your way back to the Truth and it is not a game. Ask your priest about penance and start with personal penance, not 'fighting infidels'.
>>
File: gu.png (90KB, 520x1366px) Image search: [Google]
gu.png
90KB, 520x1366px
I suggest you read some of these for inspiration and maturity. May your days be blissful, brother!
ohr.edu/838
paxexsistovos.blogspot.com/2012/01/tacitus-suetonius-pliny-younger.html
http://earlywritings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1859
http://www.livius.org/sources/about/mesopotamian-chronicles/
putlockerr.me/tt3464018-watch-Patterns-of-Evidence--The-Exodus-online-putlocker.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Epistle_of_Clement
http://www.thelibertyeagle.com/found-slab-with-hebrew-inscriptions-where-bible-says-jesus-performed-miracle-of-the-swine/
https://carm.org/archaeological-evidence-verifying-biblical-cities
>>
>>59983029
Papacy is structure retard
I talking theology
Or "beliefs"
>>
>>59983742

>Papacy is structure retard

What is the filioque then, retard?
>>
>>59969920
If you want to be a real Christian, then you will come to know Jesus and be filled with the Holy Spirit. This newfound relationship will inspire you to live a sin-free life and learn to love all men. Its not about ideologies or factions. Christianity is a relationship with the Messiah King and becoming an ambassador for His kingdom
>>
>>59983742

Futhermore, Papacy isn't structure, it's the literal belief the Pope has infallibility and is the head of the church, not Christ. It is a major heresy in doctrine. Papism indeed is the most radical Protestantism, because it has transferred the foundation of Christianity from the eternal God-Man to ephemeral man. And it has proclaimed this as the paramount dogma, which means: the paramount value, the paramount measure of all beings and things in the world. And the Protestants merely accepted this dogma in its essence, and worked it out in terrifying magnitude and detail. Essentially, Protestantism is nothing other than a generally applied papism. For in Protestantism, the fundamental principle of papism is brought to life by each man individually. After the example of the infallible man in Rome, each Protestant is a cloned infallible man, because he pretends to personal infallibility in matters of faith. It can be said: Protestantism is a vulgarized papism, only stripped of mystery (i.e., sacramentality), authority and power.
>>
File: catholics.jpg (36KB, 479x305px) Image search: [Google]
catholics.jpg
36KB, 479x305px
>>59984133
What heresies has the pope committed?
Also
> Peter you are my rock
> upon this rock I build my church
> AND EVIL WILL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT
unless you don't believe the words of Jesus Christ, he makes it pretty clear that the Catholic church (Peter being the first pope) will not fall into Satan's hands
>>
>>59984722

Where where they called Christian first?
Antioch
>Acts 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

What branch of Christanity is the Church of Antioch?
Orthodox Christanity

Who established the church at Antioch?
Saint Peter and Saint Paul

So the Church of Peter still stands.
>>
Where was the first church founded?
Antioch

>Acts 11:20-21 Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus. The Lord’s hand was with them, and a great number of people believed and turned to the Lord.
>>
>>59984952
Not the building church brain storm
The c a t h o l I c c h u r c h
>>
>>59985226
>Not the building church brain storm
>The c a t h o l I c c h u r c h

I CLEARY POINTED OUT ACTS 11:26

And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch
And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch

DISCIPLES ARE PEOPLE NOT CHURCHES

THE FIRST GENTILE CHURCH WAS AT ANTIOCH, NOT ROME AND IT WAS BROUGHT THERE BY SAINTS PETER AND SAINT PAUL.

>>
>>59984952
>>59984722

Catholics and Orthodox focus too much on ritual and earthly things.

"11 For it has been reported to me by Chloe's people that there is quarrelling among you, my brothers. 12 What I mean is that each one of you says, 'I follow Paul' or 'I follow Apollos' or 'I follow Christ'. 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul cucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?"
1 Corinthians 11-13
>>
>>59985514
>Catholics and Orthodox focus too much on ritual and earthly things.

You have no idea what you're saying.
>>
>>59985356
Are you retarded?
Peter wrote church doctrin whole in prison
Then mailed it off
That's where we get the breaking of bread sacrifice during mass
Regardless
Jesus trusted him, our guided him to build the church
If he says that the pope is infallible, them God wills it
>>
>>59985514
>transubstanciation
> earthly things
Are you retarded?
>>
>>59985630

If that is how you have to rationalize it, then so be, it's your soul, not mine. I pray you find the correct (Orthodox) belief.
>>
>>59985572
Do I now? Did Mary die for your sins? Was the Orthodox priesthood slain and raised in three days?

If you belong to either of these, I beg you to repent and cast away your idols. Follow God and God alone, and pray he forgives you for worshiping anyone else.
>>
>I want to be Christian again

That's not really how it works from what I understand of faith, dude

Lel
>>
>>59969920
read the bible, deus vult, ignore degenerates.
>>
>>59980542
this.
>>
>>59986033

When people die, is their soul still alive or is gone forever?

Do you ask people to pray for you or someone you care about?

> Was the Orthodox priesthood slain and raised in three days?

No idea where you're going with that.
>>
>>59986175
The bible has all the answers for everything.

Creating a single race from mixing all the races?
Genesis tower of babel.
>>
Ask a Lutheran German American anything
>>
File: 1449817413687.jpg (153KB, 1640x976px) Image search: [Google]
1449817413687.jpg
153KB, 1640x976px
>>59969920
You don't have to be a Christian. God doesn't care why you're moral, as long as you are. As far as organized religion - be their friend when they fulfil their spiritual obligations for their flocks, but always remember to condemn individuals who exploit the power they are given.
>>
>>59980542
He said "enlighten me" if it's enlightenment than he seeks, then yes, reading the bible is all he needs. His good works will flow out from an understanding of truth. The Word is first, anon.
>>
>>59969920
>2016
>he doesn't believe fully but TRY HARD to believe a fairy tale

Why the fuck do people do this?

I think 90% you kind of people is the source of all evil of this planet
Dumb people=endless trouble
You're not different from Muslim except you're better on so many levels, but in the core you are all the dumbest thing in this world

>see the solid evidence of science
>still block the ideas but instead give his heart to a book written thousands years ago, where people didn't even know earth's shape

I can see some born Christians are influenced by the family and education since young. But how the fuck can a grown man accept this bullshit story????
>>
1 Timothy 2:1-4King James Version (KJV)

2 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

>intercessions
>intercessions

Clearly, then, intercessory prayers offered by Christians on behalf of others is something "good and pleasing to God," not something infringing on Christ’s role as mediator.
>>
>>59986389
not christian.
>>
>>59986476
I disagree, brother.
>>
>>59986247
>Do you ask people to pray for you or someone you care about?
That is completely different from worshiping the saints and Mary. I don't make statues of the people I want to pray for me and I don't observe special days for them either.

>No idea where you're going with that
My point is that it is only through Christ that you are saved, not the men who so desperately imitate the Pharisees.
>>
Lutheran > everything else
>>
File: protestants.jpg (128KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
protestants.jpg
128KB, 640x640px
>>59986604
Now I think all actual Christians can agree evangelicals are autistic
>>
>>59986543
>That is completely different from worshiping the saints and Mary.

We don't worship them, we recognize them, like the saints in the bible who we read from, and we believe they are still alive, and able to be an intercessor, >>59986474 like we are supposed to be for our brother and sister in Christ.

I shouldn't even bother replying to protestants. Your entire faith is built on the Protesting of the church established by Christ and was the church for over 1000 years until Martin Luther protested.
>>
This is what Donald Trump is:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presbyterianism

What is this?

Also, what's that faggot Christian shit I see in the South, with people praying on TV and saving people on TV and shit?

The one where they talk with passion?
>>
File: this_is_my_body.jpg (98KB, 517x961px) Image search: [Google]
this_is_my_body.jpg
98KB, 517x961px
>>59986604
Also
>>
If you are redpilled on religion you will end up a calvinist or something.
>>
The prayer of Saint's is given to God

Revelation 8:3-4 King James Version (KJV)

3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.

4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.
>>
>>59986604
We need to stop making camps. The multitude of denominations is a really awful thing. We really need to unite together, and stop bickering about minor theological differences. We have never been so divided and broken apart as we are now, and it shows. We have lost our influence in the culture, in the schools, in the homes, and in the laws. Western Civilization balances on the ability of Christendom to have revival.
>>
>>59986757
Surely you think the protest was at least somewhat necessary? It made the Church a bit more introspective and freed people from the tyranny of indulgences.
>>
>>59987069

I'm Orthodox, so to me the Roman Catholic church was already deeply in heresy at this point and it is no surprise Protestantism came from it.
>>
>>59986925
Calvinist checking in.
>>
>>59987166

Yes orthodoxy clearly has the grace of god, its greatest city felled by heathen hordes and its only homes in the hinterlands of civilization.
>>
>>59969920
Just be Christian. Don't relate to Churches.

Catholic church is just a business now days, and all they do is just for PR. They will pay for their sins soon, if you read the Revelation by John and interpreter the said "whore" you will understand it is talking about the Catholic Church turning its back to God. Some goes for their branches.

Orthodox's are cool and i follow them because its my heritage. But they sometimes sound too dogmatic to the faith that they forget the meaning of what Jesus preached.

Just follow the scripts and pray to God for enlightenment because some scripts have been altered and some meanings lost in translation. God will enlighten you and keep you on the right track so do not worry about these.

Good luck pal!
>>
>>59987233

Having an earthly city taken doesn't mean anything.

Satan and his forces are in control in this world.
>>
>>59987233
>implying that tribulation has anything to do with one's works or creeds.
>>
>>59987320
The church is the bride of Christ, brother. It is flawed, and broken, but it is an ultimately beautiful thing and is vital to our spiritual growth.
>>
>>59987340

Well then god allows it to be. Calvinism makes far more sense in this regard. It is impossible to save ourselves because we are imperfect, selfish, and deeply flawed beings. No amount of prayer and guilt will change that.

It is through his power alone that anyone can be saved.
>>
>>59987233
This comment is so stupid i don't even know where to begin answering to it.

Lets just say that loosing Constantinople does not mean Orthodoxs don't have God's grace.

Also God doesn't give grace to his followers. He tests them for their belief. Not even the saints had it.
>>
>>59987681
>Well then god allows it to be.

Of course.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

1 John 5:19
We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

>It is impossible to save ourselves

Christ tells us this, this isn't new Christian doctrine. It is by his Grace, by his doing alone.
>>
This world and life is a test and how we do on this test, God will grade and judge us.

>Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

>None of you should turn back because of these persecutions. You yourselves know that such persecutions are part of God's will for us.

so on and so forth
>>
>i want to be christian again
are you a cuckold or what?
>>
File: whore_not_bride.png (370KB, 349x561px) Image search: [Google]
whore_not_bride.png
370KB, 349x561px
>>59987535
17:1And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

Waters are the people of Earth that Catholics C has poisoned.

17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

Catholic C is deeply involved in politics and has and has had the support of all world leaders/kings with whom they have sinned.

17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

>image

Just go to wikipedia page: Whore of Babylon. Every passage about her describes Catholic Church.
>>
>>59975905
My church has kinda set a challenge out for us to read the bible in 2 years, front to back. It started on Jan 1, and its not that bad. A couple chapters a day (sometimes not even that) with a Psalm/Proverb a day as well. If you Google them I'm sure you'll find a plan. And 2 years is quite reasonable, takes like 10min a day, if that.
>>
>>59988433
I wasn't talking about the Catholic church, but rather the Christian church as a whole.
>>
>>59988433
17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
(seven hills of rome)

17:15 And he said unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.
>>
>>59988526
>Catholic church, but rather the Christian church as a whole.

The Catholic church IS the church as a whole. It is why it is called "Catholic." and the only Catholic church today is the Orthodox Church.
>>
>>59969920
just dont go catholic and you are ok
>>
File: 84e.png (52KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
84e.png
52KB, 250x250px
Brothers, can we not find common ground?
Or be divided and conquered like stray sheep surrounded by a pack of wolfs.
This is why we are getting weaker against the secular worldview.

Lets establish the foundations of what it means to be a Christian and heed the words of God.
May I suggest we use archaeology, philosophical reasoning and empirical evidence to decipher what is intended for us to believe, rather than a personal interpretation.
>>
>>59988694
It was, but now there are many branches of Christianity.
>>
>>59988766
Thank you! Revival now!
>>
>>59988766
>>59988813

The one church exits today as it always has for over 2000 years.
>>
>>59988766

The only debate is: Catholic Vs. Orthodox.
>>
>>59970023
kill the antichrist liberal when you get in vatican
>>
>>59989026

Please use Roman Catholic vs Orthodox because Orthodoxy is Catholic.
>>
>>59969920
Detatch yourself from the material world that is sin; at the hour of Judgement you must beready to abandon all to be with the lord.
>>
>>59989066

I am a Catholic so I would never use the term 'Roman Catholic' as there are an abundance of rites in the Catholic Church of which the Latin rite is only one.

Roman Catholic is an insulting term obviously.
>>
>>59988766
I love all my catholic brothers but despise the Pope for misleading them.

He is the reason Jesuits in Croatia revolted and Serbian brothers fought against Croat Christian brothers. The Catholic Church is power and wealth hungry.
>>
>>59969920
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZn5cQlfD3w
>>
>>59989026
Catholic church is corrupt and idolatry. Protestantism is the way to go.
>>
by the way when jesus die who was the first among equal among apostols ?
>>
>>59989267

Absolutely absurd. Being a Protestant in this age of instant access to almost any information about Church history is akin to putting your fingers in your ears and going 'lalalala'.

Now if you were to say there is debate among apostolic Christianity then I will agree.
>>
>>59989066
>because Orthodoxy is Catholic
yea right and Jesus was american
>>
>>59989184
>Roman Catholic is an insulting term obviously.

If you use Catholic vs Orthodoxy, you're saying Orthodox vs Orthodox because Orthodox is Catholic and the only church to hold to the original Nicene creed (Roman west changed it on their own).
>>
>>59989381
>yea right and Jesus was american

You say you are Orthodox and you don't know this?

Every liturgy we say the Nicene creed and what does that say? It says we are The One Holy Catholic and Apostolic church.
>>
>>59989381
Procitaj ceo komentar nemoj biti debil.
>>
>>59989400

I understand your argument, but 'Roman Catholic' is not a thing.

Saying 'Roman Catholic' and also saying Orthodoxy is the Catholic church makes no sense.

I know that the Orthodox Church considers themselves Catholic of course; I thought that the term Orthodox was not insulting.

Come up with another term for the Catholic church then if you would like but obviously no Catholic is going to say 'Roman Catholic' if they know the history of the term and have any appreciation for our Eastern Catholic/Byzantine Rite Catholic brothers.
>>
>>59989381
Catholic comes from Greek <kαθ+ολο> which means universal. He wants to say that the Orthoox is the universal Church because all others originate from her.
>>
>>59989628

Exactly.
>>
>>59989628

Yes but asking for respect while using an insulting term ('Roman' Catholic) yourself is not very effective.
>>
are there any good christian podcasts? at a glance, every one I can see on iTunes seems to be some unholy protestant filth
>>
>>59989749

It is what everyone else knows the church as.
>>
>>59989797

Ancient Faith Radio has a lot of different podcats.
>>
>>59989846
>podcats

Podcasts

http://www.ancientfaith.com/podcasts
>>
>>59989797

Catholic Answers is one of the best podcasts.

Also, as this person said: >>59989846

Ancient Faith Radio

Probably the two best places to start when trying to figure things out.
>>
>>59989381
Catholic means universal, orthodox's church oficial full name is "Catholic apostolic orthodox church of Jesus Christ *land*'s patriarchy"
>>
>>59988766
I think we'd have better luck getting the moors to side with us in a fight against degeneracy.
>>
>>59969920
Hey OP i think it's great you wanna become a Christian again, but remember it's not about the title. It's about Jesus' finished work at the cross

God created us to be with Him
Our sins sperated us from God
Sins cannot be removed by good deeds
Paying the price for sins, Jesus died and rose again.
Everyone who trusts in Him ALONE has eternal life.
Life with Jesus starts now and last forever.

Remember as well what Jesus said "In this world you will have trouble but take heart, I have overcome the world."

You are not of this world. God Bless and always keep your eyes on Jesus
>>
>>59989797

Excellent podcasts I enjoy.

http://www.ancientfaith.com/podcasts/orthodoxyheterodoxy

http://www.ancientfaith.com/podcasts/faithencourageddaily

http://www.ancientfaith.com/podcasts/hopko

http://www.ancientfaith.com/podcasts/spiritandtruth
>>
File: KEK.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
KEK.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>59969920

>redpill me
>I want to be crusade-like
>even though I fight with my mind about the concept of a God

can you just hurry up and kill yourself?
>>
>>59990418

>No Coffee With Sister Vassa

Come on now, she's funny and very intelligent.
>>
>>59990944

There is so many I can't list them all. :-)
>>
>>59969920
Read CS Lewis and listen to Matthew Raphael Johnson.
>>
The OT and the NT are one continuous fabric, the NT being the fulfillment of the Old. The OT is the foundation of the New. Together, they reveal the history of man's gradual illumination regarding the nature of God and our relationship to Him. You'll notice that our understanding of Him becomes clearer and more vivid thoughout the course of the texts; it goes from dim and primitive to bright and clear.

You can't treat the two scriptures separately or abandon the OT because the OT helps to explain and verify why events in the NT are true and why Jesus, and not someone else, is the Messiah--why He is the Christ, and why He is God. The book is important from a historical and Christological perspective. Also, the OT is full of prefigurations of Christ and the events of Jesus' life. In other words, they are one.

When mention of "the Bible" is made in the NT, it is the OT to which it refers.
>>
Like this one for example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJu0oYvi-cY
>>
>>59980542
Works demonstrate your faith to others, and show that you do truly believe Jesus is Lord and Savior, but works don't get you into heaven

Only Jesus can wash away your sins
>>
>>59969920
Christianity makes you a faggot, become a heathen. O hai Brasil bro btw
>>
>>59990199

Yes, but secularist appear to advocate pro-science persona if we follow the list I suggested and if they appose against us. We can just point out that they're being against evidence.
They'll have no excuse and they'll research everything we represented so they can a stance . Perhaps God could convert them while the degenerates are researching.
>>
>>59980542
Wrong, works come from faith. You cannot show me a verse in the Bible that says oh you'll get into heaven by faith and works. Rightly divide your Bible.
>>
>>59993416
>You cannot show me a verse in the Bible that says oh you'll get into heaven by faith and works.

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my[b] works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?[c] 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”[d] And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
>>
>>59986389
do you hate niggers
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.