[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Money

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: money-01.jpg (671KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
money-01.jpg
671KB, 1024x768px
Im currently a car mechanic apprentice in germany and i get paid 700 euros a month (its scales up a hundred euros per year until the fourth year when i transition into being a regular car mechanic with regular pay, currently first year) and i dont know what to do with it. Ive currently saved around 5000 Euros which will be more than enough to pay for the part-time curses to get an engineering degree after the apprenticeship. I have a car, a drivers license and i currently live at my mothers house so i dont have to pay rent. Insurance and Taxes are low because i dont make much. I dont have any expensive hobbies. I like to play vidya sure, but i only buy games on steamsales/buy used consoles and games. I dont wear expensive stuff and im not the partying type. But I dont want to let the money simply rest on my bank account because i know that inflation will slowly eat it. I would like to know how you /pol/lacks invest your money or what you do with your money.
>>
I just buy shares of a S&P500 index fund.
>>
>>33563687
do you decide which shares to buy or do you let a broker make the decisions?
>>
>implying anyone on /pol/ has money
>>
>>33563889

I'm buying shares of the S&P500 index, not shares of a particular stock. There's no decision to make. This is called "passive portfolio".
>>
>>33563576
Buy american mutual funds, but wait until after the bubble we have right now bursts.

If we can't controla the ebola, it'll hurt the U.S. (probably southeast) and will help the bubble burst soon. Ditto if more shit happens in gaza and oil prices go up, or Putin does more crap.

>>>/biz/
>>
>>33564117
ah okay i think i know what you mean. Whats your average return? Can foreigners buy them?
>>
>>33563576
There is a bubble in American Mutual funds, bonds are a useless investment.
I hate being like Peter Schiff yet again, but buy gold, materials, anything physical
>>
>>33564463
But anon, gold possesion will be illegal once it becomes expensive enough.
>>
Buy a thousand Euros in gold and silver, learn to trade in the stock market and put other 2000 in there, I'd say leave 1000 euros for emergencies and the other 1000 euros for vidyas, traveling and such.

Gold and silver will retain its value over LONG periods of time while your shares will give you some dividends and other short term gains which you can decide to reinvest, blow it on hookers and drugs or help your parents out with the rent.

You could also let it sit in a savings account in the bank with some acceptable rate like 4%.
>>
>>33564891
Also since you're in Germany I'd try to buy the metals through classified ads from people that are looking to sell not from stores, otherwise you'll get mad VAT on them and will make the wait longer for when you can cash out.
>>
>>33564891
>bank with some acceptable rate like 4%.
Not an expert on Euro currencies, but I'm sure this doesn't exist anymore since Draghi started the 0.5% politics.
>>
>>33564593
Too bad I lost it all in a tragic boating accident.
>>
>>33563576
I invest in guns.
>>
>>33565253
>Germany

Yeah, I don't think that's a feasible option for OP.
>>
>>33565345
well he can buy hunting rifles or pistols
>europeans have no possibility to escape their governements.
>>
All the money I've spent in the last week has been on fireworks and strippers. Living the dream!
>>
Go fly my friend. Tons of flying jobs in Europe. You'll be EASA certified too which means you can fly in asia. $300,000 a year all expenses paid.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.