[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ian Smith

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: Smith.jpg (131KB, 368x527px) Image search: [Google]
Smith.jpg
131KB, 368x527px
Pretty much the ideal politician and man.

>Served in World War 2, evaded capture by Italians for 6 months and managed to escape to Allied lines
>Married with 3 children
>Had the balls to declare independence from Britain
>Rhodesia was under economic sanctions from every nation in the West and under attack from Soviet and Chinese funded guerrillas, still the richest country in Africa
>Understood that giving the blacks majority rule so soon was like giving a ten y-o "a latch key, a bank account and a shotgun".

Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLwUH5XtyG8
>>
>>136929421
He was a top class lad. My grandparents and parents had the pleasure of meeting him over the years when they did business in Rhodesia. What's odd is that /pol/ is fascinated with him and Rhodesia, which was a completely different situation to Apartheid South Africa. Rhodesia didn't have an Apartheid system or laws/policies that focused on segregating the different races. Blacks in Rhodesia were given full rights (voting included) - including free education and extremely cheap medical coverage. We didn't. Rhodesians actually often looked down on us and our Apartheid system. Smith had a vision for a Rhodesia were blacks and whites would be living together as one nation, one people. That's what makes Rhodesia's, and Ian Smith's, downfall all the more sadder. That he was actually pretty progressive and a good hearted guy that wanted the best for all his people - black and white.

F
>>
File: RhodieFeels.jpg (14KB, 272x300px) Image search: [Google]
RhodieFeels.jpg
14KB, 272x300px
>>136930890
It pains me to see how much he and Rhodesia are vilified in the media. The country wasn't perfect but it was a damn lot better than that shithole Zimbabwe.
Breadbasket to basket case is what happened to Rhodesia.
>>
I've just had the pleasure of hosting some former Rhodesians, friends of my wife, it's been a real learning experience. Wtf I love Rhodesia now.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.