[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is the job market for your occupation doing?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 40

File: 1473736616984.jpg (99KB, 786x826px) Image search: [Google]
1473736616984.jpg
99KB, 786x826px
>>
File: 1439522713832.jpg (50KB, 508x472px) Image search: [Google]
1439522713832.jpg
50KB, 508x472px
>>135346241
>Programmer

Pretty good.

Getting 75k a year outta college.

Job is a lot more boring than I thought it was gonna be though.
>>
>>135346489
Is it stressful?
>>
>tfw masters in psych
>tfw opening own private practice
>tfw people are willing to pay $200/ hour
>tfw most of them don't have anything wrong with them
>tfw morebpeople every year come to me with their self diagnosis

Job is looking pretty bright anon
>>
>>135346734
I always thought doing something like that would be easy, but I always thought there would be some sort of catch to it.
>>
Great

>Beekeeper
>Easy to get a job, easy to get into if you're not disabled or something
>Lots of opportunities to better ones self
>Plenty of extra career paths, management teaching, disease inspection for the government etc

Downsides
>Not safe from cheap labour importation from overseas you will probably have to work with a bunch of third worlders that can barely speak fucking English
>>
I sell commercial tires. I'm not as smart as I used to pretend to be
>>
File: IMG_0742.jpg (86KB, 740x437px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0742.jpg
86KB, 740x437px
Accountant, 60k outta college.

This job is literally just white man bullshit. Seems like we created it to secure well paying jobs for white men. Work at your leisurely pace, talk about golf and politics with coworkers, then drink after work. I love it.
>>
File: 1471030266383.jpg (42KB, 510x427px) Image search: [Google]
1471030266383.jpg
42KB, 510x427px
>>135346663
Kind of.

A lot of times I'm assiged really obscure bugs that nobody knows wtf is the problem, and I sure as fuck don't know what the problem is. So the stress is that I'm supposed to fix problems that I have no idea where to even start with.
>>
PGY2 Internal Medicine
50k this year and next
250K+ after that working 14 days a month
Being a school whore in my 20s is about to pay off bois
Actual job market? Really good, typical economics; higher pay for undeserved areas less pay for population dense.
>>
>>135346241
Veterinary
Pretty shit
Never let your son or daughter be one
>>
>>135347444
How many pages are most of the scripts you have to debug?
>>
>>135346241
>unemployed
>many open positions

Im doing goo i gues
>>
>>135346920
I always worry about the cheap labor on jobs like that.
>>
Very good. No complaints.
>>
>>135347324
You get a B.S. in that? Can you do anything with a minor in that?
>>
>>135347837
What is your occupation?
>>
>>135346734
1.) Are you a jew?
2.) How many jews come to you?
>>
File: IMG_2733.jpg (53KB, 750x515px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2733.jpg
53KB, 750x515px
>>135346241
>18
>starting college in a month
>attending state school on SMART scholarship
>compsci, specifically cybersecurity
>SMART is basically ROTC for autists, did those who don't know

I really wanted to enlist but I'm MUCH more useful behind a computer. I genuinely want to make this country better, regardless of the pay because I have several side businesses and hustles to rely on for extra money.

My endgame is, during college and subsequent government service, to start a legitimate businesses and let that grow until my time is up. I'm working on an app/website now, which will be my third try at said business. If that ever occurs, I want to continue moving up the ladder as an entrepreneur until I can cleanly enter politics.

If you didn't notice yet, Mooch is my fucking idol. Everything I aspire to.

Do I have a shot lads?
>>
File: 1487850242378.png (71KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
1487850242378.png
71KB, 261x192px
>>135347558
idk man thats an unusual way to phrase it.

Most of our applications are fairly small.

2-3000 lines of code.
>>
>>135347979
I got a BA in business administration with an emphasis in accounting. Honestly you can get into the industry pretty easily if you're semi personable and go for a smaller firm (not Big 4)

It's the best. Family views you as successful, the work is easy, and it pays well with full benefits.
>>
>>135347558
you sound like you no nothing about programming.
>>
>>135346241
>Security Officer

Going to go Police. Hopefully the robots take my job last. I'll be responsible to holding back the hordes of unemployed during the automation riots.
>>
>>135346241
English major
Wanna go to law school
No job prospects with English degree
Go into STEM kids
>>
File: 1500427647278.jpg (70KB, 640x619px) Image search: [Google]
1500427647278.jpg
70KB, 640x619px
>>135348288
Your end numbers say you do.
>pic unrelated
>>
>>135349239
Optimistic about law?
>>
>>135346241

In construction management @ +$1B/year General Contractor

In a nutshell..... Fucking phenomenally

After election, company president held a "State of the Business" meeting. Said "Reguardless of your political beliefs, you all have a lot to look foreword to in these next few years"

Normal annual raises have been ~3%
Was 12% this year
Annual Bonuses are projected to be triple of previous years
Per diem and allowances increased 25% across the board
401k is up significantly
401k match/profit sharing on track to increase 50% this year
Historic comparable pay for my position is ~$70k annually. I am well into six figures.

We cannot keep up with demand.
We are turning away +$50m projects because we are slammed!
HR in full swing recruiting mode at job fairs
Offering $3k "referral bonuses" if we can experienced talent to come interview and sign an offer letter.

All-in-all, wwwwwaaaaaayyyyyyyy better than I can remember.
>>
>>135346489
I must have done something wrong.
Also in computer science and just graduated.
I've done a lot of open source work and shit, but looking for jobs is tedious. All positions are searching for mid-senior level programmer, usually with 5+ years of experience.
m8 I just graduated. I've got completed open-source projects, but not 5 years of doing your exact kind of work.
>>
>>135348288
Dude, I looked up that SMART scholarship. That's fucking awesome. I'm in my second year of engi-physics, maybe I'll join up.
>>
>>135349621
are you worried you will lose all that when the dems regain power? Our demographics almost ensure that.
>>
>>135347444
I understand your pain. Google is really the best place to start, followed closely by stack overflow.
It also doesn't hurt to run Linux on a personal machine. I gets you used to debugging and solving weird issues on your own.
>>
In college, 20, doing part time as barista yet also got private military contracting through family friends. Can make 100k if I want to but don't want it to be overloaded with metal :).
>>
>started business as a handyman
>housing market in the south east is nuts
>turn down work on a daily basis

It'll eventually slow down but eh.
>>
>>135349820
What you are experiencing is much more commong for most comp sci grads. It is quite rare unless you go to a very good university, have good internships and know people to make 75k out of school. If you do make that much typically your job is very stressful and bad hours. However, there are exceptions if you know people and have excellent internships.

Director at a small programming company. 125k at day job plus some freelance work at night.
>>
Mech Eng
breddy gud
>>
File: necrofeels.jpg (55KB, 648x595px) Image search: [Google]
necrofeels.jpg
55KB, 648x595px
>Computer Information Systems

It's a fairly broad degree, so you can do pretty much anything. I'm currently working in Technical Support making ~55k a year. Es breddy gud.
>>
>>135350218
>if you know people and have excellent internships
This is probably where I went wrong.
I switched majors halfway through so didn't have an opportunity to get any decent internships, and I didn't socially open up until the last year.
Sucks, because I see so many unambitious programmers that don't really give a fuck. I'm bored out of my mind making projects for myself, video games feel like such a waste of time.
>>
>>135350218
While ranting I forgot to mention the true point of this thread which is job market. The company I work for was also seemingly unaffected by the recession. The market at this point feels pretty bullet proof especially with our client base. I am also in my late 20's so I was not actually working during the financial crisis but higher ups told me they didn't feel any strain.
>>
File: wagecucks.jpg (113KB, 1024x634px) Image search: [Google]
wagecucks.jpg
113KB, 1024x634px
>>135346241
What occupation? I mean shitposting can get pretty competitive. A lot of countries are fighting for the thrown right now and it's getting pretty brutal.
>>
>>135348015
BI analyst.
>>
File: 1497879619170.png (175KB, 872x467px) Image search: [Google]
1497879619170.png
175KB, 872x467px
>>135350821
you got stiff competition
>>
>>135346241
>NEET
It's pretty fucking good.
>>
>>135349929
I went through the subprime bubble in 2006-2008. This feels different.

I now get $1600/month tax free housing allowances and another $500/month tax free Truck allowance, so I basically live and drive free. I get an expense account for "Team Building" (take people out to eat, host BBQs, etc) so I really don't even pay groceries. They even pay my internet.
Despite all that, I live like a fucking pauper.

I remember when it all fell apart in Vegas in '08 and I went back into the Army.

I remember the retards selling their fancy boats and sand cars for 10 cents on the dollar to buy groceries. I remember good guys being unemployed for +3 years.

This squirrel is saving his nuts for a rainy day. I do splurge some and convert a lot to a diverse mix of lead and brass.
>>
>>135346734
Good on you for not being a psychiatrist who just deals drugs
>>
>>135349820
You're not trying hard enough. Apply everywhere, and often. Put out at least 10 new applications a day, for every position you can find even if you're not qualified fully.

I graduated in December. No internships, a 3.3gpa, and had a job by April. 80k, relocation paid for, full benefits after 90 days, 4 weeks paid training. You need to put in the work friends. I put out at least 300 applications, ended up with 3 job offers after ~3 months of searching.
>>
>>135351395
Good to know, I graduated this May. I'll keep at it then.
>>
>>135350769
Take an internship now. They normally lead to junior developer positions. If you already graduated thats fine. Just have a strong github or somewhere you can show your work as a portfolio. Reach out to local agencies even if they are not hiring. If you try hard enough at putting yourself out there you can get your foot in the door. Personal projects will only get you so far. You need to go to a studio/agency.
>>
File: leaked looneytoons script.jpg (415KB, 1278x1012px) Image search: [Google]
leaked looneytoons script.jpg
415KB, 1278x1012px
>>135350924
Yeah, that's why i was honest about it. I don't want prospective shitposters to have the wrong idea about the industry before they get into it, you know?
>>
>>135346241
Unemployment is doing fine, thanks for asking.
>>
>>135351624
Will do, I haven't been looking there really.
>>
>>135351624
Most companies filled their summer internship positions back before December 2016, at the latest they were filled by march of this year. He wont find an internship until next year, and most wont take applicants that aren't attending school.

He just needs to put himself out there as much as possible, practice his interviewing skills and white boarding code and get something that way. As well as see if there are any job fairs nearby.
>>
Aerospace Engineer here, currently on 80k + 20k benefits. Getting offers from the US and middle east for $140k USD, it's all good.

If anyone is young and single and doesn't have a degree, I would recommend going to be a trained aircraft mechanic for aero-structural work. They are in high demand right now. After a few years of experience, go contracting and you'll be looking at $50-60 per hour.
>>
>everyone on pol is a rich chad that had people showering them in money right after college
shocking
>>
I'm a callcenter customer service slave for AT&T

who gives a fuck
>>
>>135351395
+1

Retards think "Well, I put my application on Monster, so now it's just a waiting game"

Get your resume proof-read and critiqued by the best and brightest you can find in management positions.

Learn how to shake hands and make eye contact.

Find a job/employment center if they are in your area. They often have free printers. Print around 300 copies of your resume to get you started.

You gotta make it happen. Pound the pavement and drop paper apps EVERYWHERE that has work that half way resembles what you can (not want to) do. Even If they say "Apply online" make them take a hard copy. Ask to speak to the supervisor/manager/director/whatever. Physically place a resume in their hands. Who cares if they trash it. At least you did all you could. Be relentless. Don't be afraid to bug them. If someone gives you even the slightest green light and says "we will be in touch", keep following up. Be a squeaky wheel. If persistence, follow through and relentless pursuit of results turns them off, fuck em. You don't wanna work there. It's the only way you will make it happen. I don't care how far you are into the interview/hiring process, keep all options open and persue a Plan A, B, C, D and E.
>>
>landlord
Rents continue to rise due to immigration and lack of housing. I should be happy I suppose.

>Pros
Make my own hours to a degree
Money gets better every year
Comfortable retirement pretty much guaranteed

>Cons
Government keep changing rental laws on length of tenancy
Government changing tax laws on rental property
Government changing risk assessment after grenfell tower
Government changing energy efficiency rules
Local government introducing licence schemes (basically another tax on landlords)
Just the fucking government sticking their hand in my pocket at every opportunity.
>>
>>135351395
>80k first
unless you live in jew york or sanfran I'm calling bullshit. I graduated in april in IT and have interviewed for programming jobs in the midwest and they were only offering 40-50k. I've applied to 200-230 places since January and have done 6 in person interviews and still haven't landed something. I'm currently wagecucking at a grocery store and feel like a failure. Fuck this shit.
>>
File: 1489949173240.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489949173240.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
>>135346241
Mainframe Programmer. Insanely high job security since nu-males flock into web development and other "hip" technology. AMA anything about it desu.
>>
File: gEiSgNF.jpg (206KB, 1024x723px) Image search: [Google]
gEiSgNF.jpg
206KB, 1024x723px
Very competitive

Teacher, certified for k-12 w/advanced standing in Social Studies in NJ

I lucked out my first year out of college in a good school district teaching history.

The admins went nuts trying to get rid of this sucky tenured teacher, but they didn't have the legal recourse to fight it, and I (nontenured) had to be let go due to student enrollment numbers instead. So here I am still looking for a full time position, but I networked a lot and have some options.

Teaching is a great gig once you are set. Started at 54K after retro-renegotiation pay for 10 months of work, easy coaching gigs that will net you 3k a season after school for an hour (three seasons = 9k extra), great benefits, tenure, lots of snow days and vacations days, and if you are passionate about the subject, you can't put a price on the work. I am also back at my college part time gig working for the summer, so there is a lot you can do in those 2 months on the side or under the table.

You won't be a rich, but you will be perfectly comfortable in your position if you have any semblance of money management, healthy, secured in your position, and in a career that can allow you to make a difference if that's something you're into.
>>
>>135346241
Bad.
>>
>>135353907
DC area. Most jobs where I lived before moving were still around 60-70k however. I had about 14 phone interviews, which lead to 9 in person or video interviews, and 3 of those ended up offering me a job right around the same time.

Sounds like your problem isn't your education, or experience, but probably that you're shit in interviews. If you still live near your university, go to the career center and schedule some practice times and polish up those skills. With 6 in person interviews you should've gotten at least one offer.
>>
>>135354688
Yeah I'm in the NC area. Growing tech presence, but it's taking time.
I'm solid when it comes to interpersonal skills, it was mostly public speaking that took a little more time.
It's funny that there are people who struggle with eye contact and shaking hands. Literally some of the easiest things you can do.
>>
>>135354688
Eh I do alright in interviews but lack in experience and get btfo by kids who did a bunch of internships. I did the whole practice interview things at my uni and the career coach said I did just fine. I just need a company to give me a shot and I'll bust my ass for them.
>>
>>135348341
>3k lines
I'd be fucked. 500 lines are massive to me.
>>
>>135354649
Interesting perspective, Anon. Am surprised at the types one might find on pol
>>
Teacherfag here. Depends. Everyone wants to teach at rich white schools for obvious reasons so those jobs are very competitive. But if you're willing to teach retards and/or niggers you can easily get a teaching job just about anywhere. Especially if you're willing to teach high school math and science, then you can basically write your ticket anywhere.
>>
>>135346241
I'm a cook.
God bless this fat ass country.
>>
>>135346241
Actuary. Making 65k a year in, expect to be at 70 within a year and a half. Entry level market is saturated but once you're in you have good job security provided the health insurance industry doesn't tank. If America moves to single payer we're all fucked but otherwise we're doing well.
>>
>>135346241
>narrator
getting good views and subs.
financially i'd be better off eating my own ass
>>
>>135357421
Since you're not being a fag and shilling yourself, gibs youtube link
>>
File: IMG_2895.png (44KB, 513x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2895.png
44KB, 513x340px
I'm trying out investing and found out that /biz is full of schizophrenics.
>>
>>135356255
I am sure there are many people here with the same ideas. Nothing wrong with slow and steady progress.

Its scary out there right now. I know too many people who are floundering and giving up. Keeps me grounded I guess.
>>
>>135357648
plz don't doxx me senpai
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSWZ4LYTG-neS7R0AkwSvw
>>
>>135346241
Retail: oversaturated, and terrible. fml. lord with
>>
>>135357324
>>>135354688
We will become single payer. Obamacare is destined to fail, and the failure to repeal proves that people are already addicted to the welfare. So the only option is single payer unfortunately. Sorry...
>>
>>135357669

Yeah but those insane Wojacks who just lost everything edits are pretty good
>>
>>135357841
Ha, I'm already subscribed to you. Pretty decent stuff.
>>
Gun business was booming last year, made $280k. Now that people aren't worried about Trump destroying our 2A rights, might only make $100k. Happy though, my wife and I only spend maybe $40k per year and importers are begging me to take inventory, so it's good.
>>
>>135358081
:D
>>
>>135358081
the odds.
>>
Im on the front lines in Hollywood unlike most of you safe career pussies
>>
>>135358178
Pretty high. There's only a couple guys that do quality 4chan narration. That Guy With A Voice and this lovely anon itt
>>
>>135358210
explain
>>
Fucking bull shit, to make $60k out of school, you're probably at a firm. I started at a firm out of college before opening my gun business, they worked us like fucking dogs. The other staffs at firms I know work like dogs too. 12 hour days aren't uncommon, traveling all over the place, weekends, and non-stop running around.
>>
>>135358322
yes good...FEED MY EGO
>>
>>135346241
Roofer
Can get a new job whenever i want
In my company we need 3 more workers but we can't find people who want to learn
My boss even gives free on the job training(while being paid a full wage) for people who have no experience whatsoever
No need to have a high school diploma
The job openings are there for almost 2 years already
We had only one guy come up in 2 years and after 1 week he didn't show up anymore
At least 25 available roofing jobs in my small city alone
>>
>>135358127
Dropped a wee hello on your don tard vid. Keep up the good work. Personally I'd like to see some edgier content, but the greentexts you've been covering have mostly been new to me, so good job either way
>>
File: 1495950342368.jpg (120KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
1495950342368.jpg
120KB, 716x768px
Welder. Probably going to kill myself.
>>
>>135358617
why?
>>
Network Architect, love it and the pay is phenomenal.
>>
>>135358504
i have to restock on long stories in a bit
all in good time
but duly noted
>>
>>135358684

No work for me up here. 1000 welders for every job opening.
>>
>>135358330
You won't see many of the people on here who bitch about losing the culture war do anything about it apart from shitposting.
>>
>>135358617
digits say you weld your face to a steel plate
>>
>>135358764
illegally immigrate to the US
>>
File: 1497522016117.jpg (28KB, 702x540px) Image search: [Google]
1497522016117.jpg
28KB, 702x540px
>>135358769
How high up are you?
What do you do?

Christopher Nolan?
>>
>>135358617
Shit man come down to america (If your conservatice, christian and ageinst the multicult.)
Plenty of welder work especially in applachia and rust belt.
>>
>>135346241
I do marketing, job market is strong.
>>
>>135358769
nigger what?
>>
File: 1492731377164.jpg (25KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1492731377164.jpg
25KB, 641x530px
>>135346241
Cripplefag on NEETbux. Business is booming nationally, apparently. Wait, Trump won't cut muh NEETbux 'cause I voted for him r-ri-right, guys?
>>
>exterminator
I eradicate those infected with the mind virus. Business is booming.
>>
>>135346241
Union autoworker, if youre not working in the field already you probably wont be for a long time depending on where youre trying to work at. Chevy, Ford, Chrysler (not sure how it works with Dodge and Jeep but i think theyre lumped in with the Chrysler workers come contract time and such) have a pool of people that have passed their test and waiting to get in, they gotta wait for the old fucks to retire to even get a shot. The other places im not sure of but with their pay being much less than a union autoworker im sure hiring and firings are a lot more common.
>>
>>135358988
checked
>>
File: IMG_0935.jpg (143KB, 1000x670px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0935.jpg
143KB, 1000x670px
>>135358079
It's one of the best boards for keks.
>>
File: 1479657696180_35094597235_o.jpg (25KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1479657696180_35094597235_o.jpg
25KB, 400x267px
>QA engineer for a Forbes listed top 20 SaaS company in the world.
>Live 4 minute walk from the beach
>drink in my spare time
>fish for sharks when Im not too drunk

Im super fucking happy bro
>>
>>135347324
Jews created it.
>>
>>135359257
>forbes
you should kill yourself
>>
>>135346241
Chemistry
Unemployed and have been looking for over a year now. I'm learning Chinese online so I can start something over there.
>>
File: 1485506751391.jpg (92KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
1485506751391.jpg
92KB, 640x482px
>>135359574
well, without all those annoying human rights laws, there might be potential over there
>>
File: disgusted-asian-face.jpg (146KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted-asian-face.jpg
146KB, 600x449px
>Bachelors in Infor Systems from state university in town
>Wanting a Linux Admin/Devops/Cloud/Security job
>tfw everything in this fucking backwater backoffice I.T. town is Windows/SCCM/Exchange jobs that are contract to fire 6 months later
>tfw I just want financial independence, I am good with cryptocurrencies (learning Ethereum programming right now, own 24k worth too).

I really would like to move to a better job market than fucking St. Louis, but I'd be leaving behind good friends and my family, and a low cost of living. It's pretty easy to live well here.
>>
File: 1501044244900.jpg (35KB, 720x689px) Image search: [Google]
1501044244900.jpg
35KB, 720x689px
>>135359521
gtfo Forbes can differentiate between shit and not shit companies.
>>
>>135359720
More so the lack of pollution laws. I blame globalism.
>>
Fucking booming. It's a good time to be a low voltage electrician in the city.
>>
>>135359938
found a forbes fag
>>
>>135349820
Start networking. You definitely need to make friends with people who already have these jobs.
>>
File: 1495650255700.jpg (50KB, 306x545px) Image search: [Google]
1495650255700.jpg
50KB, 306x545px
>>135359920
Am also learning Russian out of both personal interest/betterment and they seem to be the country taking the lead on cryptocurrency tech.

Idk what to do /pol/.
>>
>>135358764
Machinist master race nobody wants to do that shit. If you're good you can ask for more $ and you can do overtime like crazy because the production got to keep on going.
>>
>>135360040
Fucking lie. That's how everyone gets in.
>>
>>135360094
Electricians too. I make a killing and I'm off by 2pm every day.
>>
>>135360060

You're a fucking idiot learn something useful
>>
>>135352446
Where is the best place to start for that?
>>
>>135360302
Well I sure as fuck aint learning Chinese
>>
File: 1449966150131_34708018570_o.jpg (30KB, 340x565px) Image search: [Google]
1449966150131_34708018570_o.jpg
30KB, 340x565px
>>135360027
forbes is meh... but they can identify good companies.
provide proof they dont
>>
>>135358769
We are waiting for the host to die and the parasite will die with it. It's why we don't mind accelerating the spread of the mind virus. We will rise from the ashes.
>>
>>135346241
They can't throw enough money at me right now. I have the biggest dick in the whole wide world.

>t: Pipefitter
>>
>>135360367
i dont care enough to prove anything, i can make baseless accusations as much as i wont
>>
>>135360060
Texas. If you're young you can join the military.
>>
>>135357669
I'm pretty sure it's just one schizophrenic who pretty much lives there.
>>
>>135346241
>Behavioral therapist, specialize in autism

60K a year with my BA, then 80K+ with a teaching credential. We have a population of ASD children that has been growing continuously since 1975, now it is about 3% of the overall population.
>>
>>135360946
how many of them use 4chan?
>>
>training to be engineering technician because 'muh high-paying in-demand job'
>hate engineering

I wish I chose a career path suited for me.
>>
File: 1449965131445_35054882846_o.png (54KB, 237x264px) Image search: [Google]
1449965131445_35054882846_o.png
54KB, 237x264px
>>135360650
looks like someone is as drunk as i am. cheers

but get better at being a dick
>>
>>135346241

>Retail

It's going down, I'm yelling timber

[spoiler] I'm finna get a college degree though
>>
>>135346920
How do you earn your living as a beekeeper? Do you work for a company or is it your own thing where you sell the honey to local buyers?
>>
>>135346241
Great. I do residential construction, and all the McMansions of the 80s-90s are starting to reach the point where they need work done. There is never enough time to take all of the jobs that I'd like to. If you know construction and can get a few good guys together, there's a shit load of money to be made. And with the right crew, there's no such thing as a difficult job. I probably experience less stress on a job site than an office worker trying to figure out Adobe Reader.
>>
>>135361163

Getting wasted and posting on 4chan is pretty based
>>
Crime scene cleanup. $20/hr about to get a raise to $22. 30-40 hours a week. I'm on call 24/7, but have a great full package of benefits, sometimes I get to travel to other states and don't pay a dime towards staying in fancy hotels or for food when I'm away.
Downside is that its crime scene cleanup. Kinda not fun scraping teenagers brains and chunks of skull off the walls and out of the carpets.
>>
File: 1466668464465_35054836366_o.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1466668464465_35054836366_o.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>135361449
agreed
>>
>>135361608
any good stories?
>>
>>135361449
I took acid and posted on /pol/ once, not doing that again. Weird as fuck.
>>
>>135361828
Whatever you do... do not get drunk and spend the night on /r9k/ because you might not survive.
>>
>>135361608
Is it 80% niggers?
>>
>>135346241
>NEET
Pretty good.
>>
>>135348553

Won't you get automated?
>>
>>135346241
>Biomedical Engineering
Well, I'm just starting grad school, but so far the job market seems like it will be favorable whether I decide to work privately or teach in another university after my doctorate.
>>
>>135361828
I know that feel. Using a computer in general while on hallucinogens is a bad idea I think, you feel so disconnected from it. I was so aware that I was this flesh sack sitting there staring at an inanimate object that it freaked me out. What I read didn't really affect me though.

Now weed, weed will make me get genuinely freaked out by the stuff I read here. I see a really redpilled post that I would normally just brush off but instead it freaks me the hell out.
>>
> machine learning engineer

Very good market.
Expect to be automating people out of work for many years.
>>
>>135362525
Also I'm drunk that's why I said freaked out so much. Fuck i need to get off the drugs
>>
Can't get a good job I love weed too much. So I make ends meet with menial cash jobs
>>
>>135361608
How do you deal with the smell after anon?
>>
>>135361748
A few. Had a case where a semi slammed into a minivan and splattered a mother and her two kids across a good stretch of the freeway. Found a neat pile of shit among the residue. It was the strangest thing to see.
Had another case where I got called out to a house where a kid blew his brains out in his truck, and let me tell you it is a pain to clean out all the skull bits.
When I first started working here my first job was cleanup after a junkie/hobo fight. Showed up in skid row, walk in to the house, and I swear there was more shit smeared around than blood. Got more, but it's not all that interesting.

>>135361976
Usually its suicides, but most actual criminal cleanups involve Mexicans more than blacks simply because there's 10x more Mexicans than blacks up here.
>>
>>135362789
I have a pile of clothes I wear to work, and every day clothes. We have PPE though,so we have full body suits that tend to keep the smell off pretty well.
>>
>>135362251
No, thats just a meme. CPA here.
>>
>>135362816
im bored as fuck, continue
>>
File: 1500909810693.jpg (123KB, 460x730px) Image search: [Google]
1500909810693.jpg
123KB, 460x730px
Operate a curing line in a huge volume tire factory

>when your in a car think of anon

Prettu stablu
>>
File: 1499916873374.png (448KB, 890x876px) Image search: [Google]
1499916873374.png
448KB, 890x876px
>>135346241
Rental property manager
Feels good man. Hard work but good money and great experience, with leasing commissions I'm pulling down $70k. The neighborhood in Atlanta where our properties are was a war zone a decade ago so my bosses bought dirt cheap but the Beltline is literally the border between us and Grant Park, when that comes through in a few years all our property values are going gangbusters, it's a good time to be in the business.
>>
File: hey anon.jpg (239KB, 1716x1716px) Image search: [Google]
hey anon.jpg
239KB, 1716x1716px
>>135363390
I'll always think of you anon...
>>
>>135362977
We don't always cleanup deaths, sometimes its just attempted murders and stuff. Had this one case where someone started a fire in what is essentially a hobocamp, most left but there were a few that were high or drunk or disabled and got burnt to death, like two iirc. One was fused to the springs on their mattress and I can't really remember the other. We worked with the PD to clean out that whole camp too. It smelled like a mixture of cat piss, paint thinner, and bleach and I can't tell you how many needles, glass bottles filled with some foul smelling shit, and actual buckets of shit we found.
The worst ones I think are the ones where there's pets involved. Some guy blew his cat and small dog up with a shotgun, then popped his own head. Made me sad cleaning bits of cat and dog up.
>>
>>135362816
The kids were dead?
>feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>135346920
Would you consider beekeeping a comfy path? How hard is it to start by yourself?

>>135361608
>crime scene cleanup
>$20 an hour
Get a new job.
>>
Programmer, 55k a year right out of college living in the south east. I work 35-40 hours a week its chill as fuck just boring.
>>
>>135363838
Yeah, typically they try not to tell you details when you go out to a job to prevent you from feeling anything, but police or EMTs or whoever is on site usually end up telling you anyway.
>>
Chemical engineer just graduated in April. Went travelling for a few months after graduating so I've basically only just started the job hunt. Market seems to still be kinda rough but it's improving from what I hear. Apparently all of the UofC kids managed to land jobs so it shouldn't be too too bad for me. Main concerns are lack of internships and a meh GPA (3.2), but I did a great capstone for a large polymer company. Also picked up a book on coding in the mean while to figure out how to make an app I've been thinking of, and to gain some new skills.

Besides that the theme here in Calgary seems to be a lot of people my parents age were laid off and will probably never find work again, while young people struggle to enter their industries. Middle-management must be killing it these days in Calgary.
>>
>>135364011
Is seeing gore everyday making you feel weird? Everytime i see gore on 4chins i think of people and myself as nothing more than deer that could be squashed and ripped apart every second
Dehumanising
>>
>>135346241
I'm a manager, my dad has a chain of restaurants, yes I have it better than most people but people are eating out way less, our costs are only rising, the effects of the 2008 crisis is still rippling today, the great days are way behind us.
>>
>>135363944
I'm about to graduate with my bachelors of science in forestry. Pay isn't much better, but I have connections with private lumber contractors and volunteer experience already and it's a career.
>>
File: Kyle Maclachlan singing.jpg (56KB, 500x561px) Image search: [Google]
Kyle Maclachlan singing.jpg
56KB, 500x561px
>>135358769
Do you write the scripts? If not you're just a kike pawn.
>>
>>135364405
At first it was very unsettling, before that I saw gore on sites like bestgore, but never in person. After a few months I became desensitized to it, the really rattling things are finding bodies or parts that the first responders haven't found yet.
>>
Engineering is OK, lots of job opportunities but too many are contract positions with lower wages/benefits because engineering getting overrun by indians and the companies that hire them cheap; most just memorized shit to pass their exams and can't think critically and just copy what others have done without understanding how something works i.e. what makes it good/bad. If you want monkeys that can do CAD, OK, but that's not real engineering. If you take time to look there are good paying jobs at good companies, but you really need to have connections to get them.
>>
>>135352834
I think a lot of people here have jobs like that. Don't be disheartened. Save some money and move towards a plan of a way out, to something better.
I've been doing online transcribing for a couple of years. It doesn't pay that well but it's something, and I can pay rent and get some savings while studying towards my primary career.
>>
>>135346241
>Boilermaker/Blacksmith Journeyman
Working for a Class 1 railroad overhauling locomotives. Business was slow for the last couple of years but it's picking back up now that coal is making a comeback.
I'm basically working unlimited overtime and have already made almost $85k this year, so that's been really nice.
>>
>>135357841
kek, really liked your Alex Jones one.

Reminded me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY_CmhnC4dA
>>
>>135358694
Looked that up and it pays quite nicely, good for you. What exactly do you do, most ads talk about designing systems but also dealing with clients or travelling. And they need a ton of experience with different things, I assume you need to be in the game for a few years to get an ok grasp on all of them?
>>
>>135358394
This.

I work at a firm. Shit is miserable. Fuck living at work and being surrounded by boomer, passive agressive partners.

I'm good at accounting too. It's just so mind numbing.

Also, why is it all female now?
>>
>>135359443
This.
>Creation of the SEC
>some other laws passed in 1980s
>sarbanes oxley
>dodd-frank
>>
>>135346920
my old science teacher was a beekeeper in his free time, he used to make mead out of the honey

good guy
>>
>telecom

breddy gud

Dirty hard work but I don't have any wants or needs.
>>
File: 1500206758738.jpg (150KB, 925x890px) Image search: [Google]
1500206758738.jpg
150KB, 925x890px
>Airline pilot
bretty gud m8
>>
Mailman.

Just pass the retard test, put on a smile for the interview, and dont suck at driving the LLV.

I beat out 2 niggers for the job and I was quite surprised I made it past the diversity squad.
>>
>>135346241
200k, I barely work...
>>
>>135367562
>Be me
>frequent business traveller

Any subtle gas lights you can put out to let me know i'm in good hands?

>"Welcome aboard Anon Airlines, don't >forget the 14 words of passenger safety..."
>>
>>135358394
>>135367407
Both of this. I currently work at a client site and I can't adjust my hours for doctor appointments or anything without it hurting my chargeable goals, which affects how much of a raise and bonus I get next year. Also I'm forced to use adobe reader for everything because that's how the client prepares their tax returns and provision work. All the boomer women managers love it because it's retardedly time consuming and makes them Feel purposeful. Boomers need to die and accounting sucks unless your autistic and find it exciting starring at a comp screen for 9+ hours or medicated on adderall, etc
>>
Programmer here, there's a real shortage right now of skilled people in the software development industry. But a lot of the people getting CS degrees don't have a lot of relevant experience in the industry so they have to start at the bottom level, which you really don't need a CS degree to do so to them it's probably mind numbing. I don't have a CS degree, I taught myself how to code, and that's the case with most of the people I work with, pretty much only senior developers have CS degrees.
>>
Jesus christ is everyone on /pol/ a fucking computerfag?

>tfw also a computer fag
give me a job please
>>
>>135353907
Move locations dude, NYC suburbs, Austin, or Florida are all mid cost of living with lots of programming jobs.
>>
>>135364522
My brother's in forestry. It takes a while to get your tickets and all the certifications for the higher paying stuff like climbing or working in dangerous places (powerlines, railroads etc) but they pay for themselves really quickly. He worked for a year or two for our government and existing contractors I guess, but now making his own business and going solo.
You can also make a bunch of money if you turn unwanted wood into chips or whatever and sell the materials to people who want them.
Good luck anon, but be aware, your tools and safety gear will wear out constantly, and you're bound to get joint, hearing etc problems if you're working with the heavy machinery.
>>
tfw engineering student
tfw brainlet and barely understand calculus
>>
>>135368053
Where you at that there are no computerfag jobs there?

Also a computerfag, make 120k

Also fuck trump, long live /leftypol/
>>
>>135368053
The computer industry today is probably what the aerospace industry was like back during the Lockheed Skunk Work days.
>>
>>135368053
Nigga there are computer jobs EVERYWHERE. Probably will be for the rest of your life. There is so, so much shit out there to do and not nearly enough people to do it. India is able to throw millions of people at the tech industry and they can barely make a dent in global demand. That's how much shit there is.
>>
>>135368009
I'm a layer one guy but my buddies all got into coding/security type shit, never even thought about going into a classroom. Is it true you software guys have to sit around and fix Poo In Loos messes all day?
>>
I'm a homeland security cadet right now. Looking pretty fucking sweet for the next 3 and a half years.
>>
>>135368009

Yep that's what im hearing too, shortage of skilled programmers

Just lol at everyone who was saying the pajeets were going to overtake programming
>>
>>135368380
Our company doesn't deal with India at all, and our company sort of makes its name by being competitive with outsourcing prices so typically we are the ones who get contracted instead of Indians if they can't afford somebody more expensive. Our company is able to compete with outsourcing costs by paying below market value, but they still retain a lot of talent due to the fact that the corporate culture is awesome. I'd have to be offered a ton of money to give this place up cause I genuinely like working here, it's a great place.

But as to fixing shit, that is like 70% of what you do. Mostly you are testing code and trying to fix legacy code, and then maybe you write some code if you need to.
>>
File: do ur bes.jpg (215KB, 535x810px) Image search: [Google]
do ur bes.jpg
215KB, 535x810px
>>135346241
>artist
>>
>>135367881
kek
If I land, I stand in the galley and thank the passengers for flying with us. Normies get "good bye, good day/night etc" and qt 3.14s get an autistic "SEEEE YA"
>>
>>135368623
India can get results, but there is a huge cultural barrier and if you are ignorant of that you're going to have a very bad time. I don't have any personal experience, but people I work with used to work with companies that had to deal with India, and they told me that their caste/hierarchy system really fucks up the development workflow. Because the programmers are too terrified of their managers to speak up if they don't understand something or need help. They said though that once they finally got through to the indian teams that it was okay to fuck up as long as you came to them and asked for help, their output improved massively and there were far less errors. Bugs and mistakes happen all the time, but as long as the team cooperates and is willing to get help you can find and fix shit and stand it up at the end of the day.
>>
>>135368869
can you explain to me why male flight attendants keep touching my shoulder and leaning in to talk to me?
>>
>>135368095
I thought about taking those sorts of jobs, but I was approached by Weyerhaeuser recruiters and have been in constant contact with them. Likely going to end up being one of their surveyors for new timberlands, essentially the go-between for the company and the NPS.
>>
>>135368635
>i know that feel.jpg

Working with a very tight nit small business. Could make 20k more easily anywhere else but I just love what I do, the people I work with, and they arent stingey with paying for my certs.
>>
>>135369139
Yes, exactly. I love this company and how they actively try to grow their talent here. I have a yearly stipend for spending on self improvement that I can use to pay for a cert or take a class at a college in my spare time. Several of the self-taught guys are trying to earn CS degrees on the side. I'm not bothering with it, but I'm planning on doing the AWS cert soon.
>>
>>135349239
STEM here. No good jobs anymore. Companies shipped them overseas due to outrageous regulations and corporate taxes. Also gov tells you how to do science and when, even though they know nothing about it.

As a result - shit pay for ton of boring work. Applies at all levels - from BS to PhD
>>
Was making 110K as an iFag dev. Unemployed as fuck for just about a year now. Just can't do white board and live coding nonsense. Sucks...
>>
>>135369527
are you the STM in STM? engineering jobs are aplenty still.
>>
>>135369070
they're sodomites and want to fuck you.
>>
>>135346734

So there is money to be extracted from a 5 year psychology degree? I think I would be more suited to that than engineering.
>>
>>135369765
The chemistry in STEM isn't doing so well in America.
>>
File: dQ39LAK.jpg (27KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
dQ39LAK.jpg
27KB, 422x750px
>>135347558
I just upgraded to IntelliJ 2017.1 and the megapixels are incredible. I bang out 100 pages of code a day on that baby.
>>
File: 1475477705048.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1475477705048.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>>135346241

security and cctv tech, shits booming everywhere
>>
File: 1473615065305-pol.png (229KB, 467x452px) Image search: [Google]
1473615065305-pol.png
229KB, 467x452px
>>135369316
God speed anon
>>
Like shit m8.
Mining is slow as fuck.
>>
1A8X1H so always needed. Nice resign bonus of 60000
>>
>>135346241
I represent people accused of child sex crimes. Business is booming.
>>
>>135350218
It depends. Go to the west coast and you will do 100k early out of college. Midwest on the other hand well that takes a few years
>>
Medical Lab Scientist

The field is so old, and opportunities for degrees so small these days, our wages are gonna skyrocket in a decade once the boomers go

70% of medical decisions come from the lab so I'm pretty safe. And don't meme me on automation, it already exists. Still need a human for QC and manual diffs / extended crossmatches
>>
File: 1473535369795-pol.png (151KB, 560x396px) Image search: [Google]
1473535369795-pol.png
151KB, 560x396px
>>135369527
tbqh the money is in federal contracting. Get some dumb nigger tranny gay woman to be your CEO, get 8A or whatever other status, rake it in. I'm part of multibillion dollar conglomerate that gets prefered status because our "shareholders" are a bunch of inbred eskimo monkeys we buy fishing rods for and we give jobs to the ones that bred with whites to get smart.
>>
>>135359257
Lemme guess , another SalesForce bro
>>
>>135357841
>>135357421
>>135358127
>>135358127
I loved your Don tart video. Keep your good work anon.
>>
Director of Marketing and Advertising.

A fulfilling career if you can handle the stress. Have to be willing to sacrifice pretty much your whole life to be constantly polishing everything about yourself, your company, and your network. It’s your job to be the standard for the company you represent, at all times.

Most “marketing guys” literally have no idea how real marketing works. The kind of people who run “SEO” companies and prey on dumb small business owners.
>>
I make squarespace and Wordpress websites for professionals like dentists and lawyers. I work freelance. I would like to have a good app idea of my own, but can't think of anything. I am tired of freelancing now and would like to work more with Python and js frameworks in startup or bigger company. Sadly I am 30 and still freelance. I wish every company used Python, I really dislike java, asp.net, and php, but that's 80% of all developer jobs. I'm still stubborn and I'm determined to work with Python so I can be happy in my programming.
>>
>>135354390
What kind of mainframes?
What language?
>>
>>135370162
I've been wanting to branch into that since its all becoming IP based anyways. Just the special licensing with anything safety/security related
>>
>>135368294
India devs are normally shit so
>>
>>135369092

I have contracted for a few weyerhauser plants and let me tell you they have mad dosh. If they are scouting you for an advisory/survey position you had better take that shit.
>>
>>135346241
>RN

I can throw a dart on a map and have a job
>>
>>135368635
Enjoying your work in good company is always more important than making more money somewhere else and hating your job
>>
>>135354390
how do you hack the internet?

I browse incognito is that enough to stop the government from backtracing my IP or should I also install norton?
>>
>>135346241
Web dev, unlimited job market, six figures range with 5 yrs exp. I hate interviewing these codecamp wannabes
>>
>>135371041

yeah even the higher end security stuff is all IP, noone with any sense would install analog cctv at all now
>>
>>135346241
>Machinist, first shift
Easy work, good benies, good job security. I get to shit talk with the supervisor of the spot weld department regularly about the guys on the press brakes being shit.
>Baker, third shift
Monotonous work but I like bread a lot and decorating pastries is relaxing. Fairly secure, not booming or shrinking since wherever there's people there's a need for bread.

Making $85,000 a year between them.
>>
File: Mayflower.png (2MB, 1024x630px) Image search: [Google]
Mayflower.png
2MB, 1024x630px
OTR Class A truck driver
$87,000 a year just out of school
More paperwork then a cop tho
>>
>>135356634
This. I'm a secondary math teacher on the west coast. I can pick where I want to work because no one wants to teach problem solving/critical thinking to low-IQ anchor babies/niggers.
>>
>>135346241
I couldn't find a job in the field i studied in (Law), but I'm employed at a YMCA
>>
File: fuk.png (439KB, 629x514px) Image search: [Google]
fuk.png
439KB, 629x514px
Medical insurance biller. Lots of jobs for the taking, but holy fuck is it soulless work. I actively make the world a worse place on a day to day basis. The stress is off the charts. No one knows how to do their job. Not my coworkers, not the morons in the doctor's office, not the Filipinos at the insurance call centers. Patients are constantly calling me with complaints, doctors always want me to somehow magic up some more money despite the fact that they're only seeing ten patients a day. All day long I'm doing my NASA research into problems that would take 10 seconds to deal with if people would fucking write notes instead of leaving an arcane mystery for me to unravel in every single account. I only make $12 an hour after 8 months. The only time I have taken off was to see my own doctor and even then I got a bill for something that I had already paid months earlier and had to spend a few days doing fucking research and making calls on my breaks to finally hear the "whoops, we goofed up, now your account is fixed teehee" that I then have to bust out my own sick rendition of that when some poor sod calls me an hour later claiming he and his wife paid their copay on several visits and now they're being billed for them because the goddamn useless office staff never bother to check payment records before they send me the equally useless stacks of the most generic and unspecific diagnoses to never establish medical necessity
>>
File: fat sad frog.png (353KB, 600x487px) Image search: [Google]
fat sad frog.png
353KB, 600x487px
terrible, just like everyone else's because the boomers literally fucked the entire country up in the course of 50 years, then they try to fucking blame us for their shit.
anyone who says >muh millenials
needs to be executed.
>>
>>135354390
>Mainframe Programmer.

Where is the best place to start for that?
Thread posts: 236
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.