[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did society deal with kids with ADHD before the 80s & 90s?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 304
Thread images: 45

File: scan0013.jpg (550KB, 1205x848px) Image search: [Google]
scan0013.jpg
550KB, 1205x848px
How did society deal with kids with ADHD before the 80s & 90s?
>>
>>128487470
They smacked the kid in the head and told him to get his shit straight
>>
Told 'em to go run around outside.
>>
>>128487696
I was just about to say that.
>>
>>128487470
We gave them comic books.
>>
>>128487696
>>128487777

I wonder how they treated them in say, Ancient Greece or Rome even. Shit.
>>
>>128487470
Before the 80s there was still corporal punishment in the schools. THAT is how "ADHD" was dealt with.
>>
>>128487470
wtf is ADHD? its just a kid being a kid, nothing wrong with him.
>>
>>128487981
Go run around outside.
>>
>>128487981
Put 'em to work, slapped them in to line, told them to go be an annoyance somewhere else when there was nothing better to do. Just a guess. Since that's as far as I know what everybody ever who had kids and isn't a nut job does.
>>
>>128487470

Didn't label them as retards due to mild social issues and so most of them turned out ok.
>>
It was less of an issue, due to a more organic diet.
>>
They bought trucks and raped people
>>
>>128487470
Hitting them
>>
>>128487470
OP do you even know how they are treated today?
Honest question.
>>
>>128487696
>>128488046
>>128488142
>>128488165
>>128488262

I don't believe in hitting a kid, but does scolding/mildly yelling in a 1v1 sit-down talk work?

Hitting kids was always a thing so it likely works, but fuck
>>
>>128487470
Military school
>>
File: 1490884651265.jpg (59KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
1490884651265.jpg
59KB, 500x368px
>>128487696
This. We also got them to funny shit as kids.
>>
>>128487470

spanking
>>
>>128488784
The best way to make a kid behave is to take away the things they enjoy when they're acting in an inappropriate manner.

Believe it or not kids would actually prefer to play their videos games and be nice as opposed to being a rowdy little asshole with no video games.
>>
ADHD didn't exist
>>
>>128487470
>How did society deal with kids with ADHD before the 80s & 90s?
By kids you mean 'boys'.

Society dealt with them by letting them be boys. ADHD is a made up condition to punish/medicate boys for acting like boys.
>>
>>128487470
I don't think too many kids were hyped up on mountain dew and monster energy drinks back then.
>>
>>128487470
as someone with adhd from an era before it was understood......

they thought beating them or overkill punishments like smashing your master system carts with a hammer for the smallest thing would cure it

it didnt,it just giving you raging hatred for women and you resort to violence very quickly
>>
>>128488784
Depends how you do it. I'm not much into hitting kids -- that's kind of a trump card, and a lot of time simply putting your hands on a kid and exercising physical dominance can be enough of a psychological shock if you're usually one to use words and other techniques. But I believe they are all legitimate tools in the toolbox.

Talking it out, for instance, doesn't usually do much in the heat of the moment when emotion takes over. But it can be a useful followup, or reason can be communicated by actions rather than words, which is sometimes more intuitive.
>>
>>128488686
Not accordingly

This kid dude. Yesterday, my buddy's friend was throwing shit, shooting with me nerd guns, being a shithead in general

Now yeah, that's being a boy. Young boys are different from young girls.

But if I was his dad, I would have taken him to another room and trolled the shit out of him
>>
>>128488784

There is literally nothing wrong in hitting a kid, as long as you hit him in a non dangerous matter.

Protesting against the will of the majority and other public crying parades are literally the consequence of not hitting a generation of children
>>
>>128489286
be made to stand outside in your underwear,beaten with snooker ques,given cans of cold soup while your sisters got mcdonalds..

eventually broke my mums nose and left home at 15,i turned out ok eventually.
>>
>>128487696
FUCKING THIS. Instead of coddling them with Iphones, Ipads, fidget spinners, fidget cubes, and all that other shit, we used to just let them burn their energy by running around. Now parents just stuff their kids with pills. My litte brother has ADHD so my parents let him get Ds in all his classes, and now he's failing college and they wonder how he ended up like this.
>>
>>128487470
Ever hear of a lobotomy?
>>
>>128487470
sport, boys scouts, military.
You don't really need the meds.
>>
>>128487470
This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBkSIFMTMoE
>>
>>128487470

They played outside
>>
File: 1496030681584.jpg (136KB, 1465x1209px) Image search: [Google]
1496030681584.jpg
136KB, 1465x1209px
>Some kids were just spazzes, wasn't that big a deal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBkSIFMTMoE
>>
>>128489564
One time my dad was young he did some dumbass thing or other and his father took his favorite card collection and burned it in the stove.

I think that was one of the experiences that caused my dad to swear to himself that he was going to be a better father than his father was. Learning about that at a young age gave me be a better ability to understand that my dad was trying to be better even when we completely hated each other from time to time.
>>
>>128487470
ADHD is a contrived condition pathologizing normal child behavior, created to make pharma companies massive profits.
>>
>>128487470
It was called; "Go outside and play until the sun comes down, I'm locking the fucken door" and you could do it because there wasn't a bunch of shifty desert and curry people around.
>>
It is over-diagnosed now as "Ritalin = goods grades" to some soccer moms but there were a handful of kids like this at my school in the 80s.

We had one kid who could only be described as unhinged. Any slight distraction in the classroom and he would turn into this hyperactive weasel. he was sent to the principals office at least once a day and they would make him run laps aroudn the gym as punishment.

They thought he was just a hyperactive kid who didn't want to listen to his teacher. Running, running, and more running. He was no better a student but he became a good runner.

He also got hit by cars twice through his elementary school years. He never paid attention to his surroundings and would literally run after cars, insects, or other things that caught his attention.
>>
>>128490078
Not entirely true. ADHD is real, but it's over diagnosed to the point where it might as well be a fake condition.
>>
>>128490495

He clearly identified as a dog, check your privilege shitlord
>>
detention
>>
File: 1493677857512.jpg (28KB, 487x423px) Image search: [Google]
1493677857512.jpg
28KB, 487x423px
>>128489458
I can tell you, a someone who has ADHD in our lovely post mondernist society that well...

You have no idea how shitty the system is. Yes sure, people understand and acknowledge it now. But I rarely see the good approach of dealing with kids with ADHD.

Now listen and listen closely.
As someone with ADHD, and someone who goes to special ED I can say I see 'normal kids' being diagnosed with ADHD or autism for the smallest things you could imagine. What happens is they go to these expensive schools which costs huge big bucks from government and filling up the que for people with actual problems.

Now we go on to therapy,
that shit is a joke, a real fucking joke, well, atleast before 2010 it was okay but now it is a joke. It is all about it is the problem of the parents the kid has no blame etc etc turning the brats into bigger brats. The kids have to do nothing, they don't have to change. Yeah nice, chug more of that government money and buy pills from big pharma.

Mind you I still support meds for people with ADHD, but the frequency they are handed out to people is insane in my country.
Yes of course you feel dizzy and like a zombie if you use them, you don't have ADHD so you are using them just as someone using weed.
>>
>>128490495
Kid sounds quintessentially Canadian.
>>
File: meanwhile in canada.jpg (887KB, 1886x1548px) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile in canada.jpg
887KB, 1886x1548px
>>128491627
>Kid sounds quintessentially Canadian.
No that would be chilling out at time hortons.
>>
Strap therapy
>>
File: 1494187569438.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494187569438.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>128490078

>All mental illnesses are fake

The fuck? I didn't get diagnosed until I was 23 and delusional to the point where I thought I was being watched by the cartel and hypo-manic for weeks. Unless I take medication, I can't hear my thoughts in my head and I detach myself from reality. My room was full of papers I had written and put on my wall. I can't understand socially how to act due to my detachment because I can't take life seriously.
>>
>>128492069
I only got the strap I think twice unless I've blocked out the trauma. But mere threat of quickly became sufficient.
>>
>>128487470
That fake so called disorder wasn't invented yet because children were disciplined and parents weren't criminals for doing so.

ADHD, bi-polar, depression, autism...all bullshit names invented to get weaklings to buy pills and pop them like candy so they are easier to program. It also gave names tonsling around to shame people who called out that bullshit as it started eroding society to pave the way for degeneracy.
>>
>>128492480
In my part of Canada the strap was phased out by 1982 but fear of the strap lingered until 1990.
>>
>>128487470
ADHD wasn't invented yet.

Kids venting off their energy was considered normal.
>>
>>128489262
Of course they were. But they could burn it off because most of them weren't glued to the Atari.
>>
>>128487624
And it worked
>>
They were forced into boring menial jobs like 99% of the rest of the population. Mental illnesses are more detrimental in the modern world where we constantly apply our communication skills and critical thinking. It didn't use to be as much of a problem. You don't need brain pills when you work in a coal mine from 9 to 37 (natural death). Back then you didn't need to be able to talk or write, as long as you were able to grunt. An IQ of 70 was fine.
>>
>>128492692
I distinctly remember the very last time I got strapped all us kids were completely out of hand, mom was tearing her hair out, and dad got home from probably a bad day at work or something and he was just done with us that day. We all got sent to our respective rooms to wait for the strap.

Then he went up to his room and took a crap and changed his clothes and got a strap while we were all waiting in fear. And then he went one by one and you could hear your brothers and sisters getting the strap and you knew when it was going to be your turn.

That's maybe a little bit much for psychological torture, but that only happened once and I'm pretty sure we all got the message.
>>
>>128492166
He didn't say all mental illnesses.

He only said ADHD, which is indeed made-up.
It is perfectly normal for kids to be active and have trouble sitting down and concentrating on book learning for hours on end.
What happened is society requiring children to learn far more than ever in human evolution. - and then inventing performance enhancing drugs to make this happen.
>>
>>128492166
Did you know that there's an ongoing debate among psychological health practitioners to entirely abolish the DSM because, thanks to advanced imaging (fMRI etc.) we now know definitively that the vast majority of so-called mental illnesses are indeed fake.

This movement was blocked, because it would have meant no mote massive pharma profits, no more mental health industry profits, no more usong psychiatrists in court to lock your ass up, etc. etc. etc.
>>
>>128487470
I got sent outside all day to run around and be a boy.
>>
>>128493447
For us even though we never got the strap, we had older brothers who did and the urban legend of the strap was more impressive than the punishment itself.

>See, it's a leather belt with holes in it, and when they whip you it suck up your skin into those little holes and you bleed.

That left us 3rd grade kids in pure terror.
>>
>>128489286
Bet you were a little cunt though weren't you
>>
>>128487470
As someone working in a special ed boarding home since 2006 talking to colleges that work there since around 1980 and I can tell you it changed, it's fucking crazy.
Before 2000 actual ADHS cases where close to 0. That diagnosed with it at the time would today be cases for a closed juvenile mental ward
When I started in 2006 we had in the group of 8 kids 3 cases of ADHD and one case of mild bipolar mixed with ADHD so thats 4 kids in total on medication and actually two of them where hard cases (bipolar ADHD and one only ADHD) that actually went nuts, all the other where milder cases where they where no able to function in a normal school setting but not over the top.
Today my group of 8 kids is 8/8 medicated, all 8 of them diagnosed with ADHD yet non of them actually have anything that is above
>could be fixed by let them run 2-3h per day outside
I have depressions, suicidal, borderline fucking everything. If a girl cuts herself once she gets the full program, SSRI, Benzos, 3x per week therapy and probably a special council.
Boys have a brawl, 6 months anger management therapy and diagnosed sociopaths with the full program...

This shit got out of hand around 2012. They decided we don't need boarding home placement anymore and called it integrative schools (every retard goes to a normal school) and at the same time diagnosed every child that laughs a bit louder with ADHD and ask for a out of family placement...

Back to the main question:
It wasn't a big issue till the 2000s. Just like transgender till recently. The big cases got taken care off, the rest was put away as typical teen angst, go out play kiddo.
>>
>>128494087
heh, that's pretty good. But if you're the ultimate authority, then I believe in never making an empty threat. Once kids learn they can be little shits without consequences, they'll do it just to shit on you.
>>
>>128491181
>As someone with ADHD, and someone who goes to special ED

Underaged faggot get out
>>
>>128488784

I make my kids stand facing the wall with their arms out for a few minutes. If they protest or disobey the instructions of the punishment, they get spanked on the butt. Haven't had much issues with them acting up in months and they behave in public 90% of the time.
>>
>>128492166
>hypo-manic
Not even a thing
>Characteristic behaviors are extremely energetic, talkative, and confident commonly exhibited with a flight of creative ideas.[1] While hypomanic behavior often generates productivity and excitement, it can become troublesome if the subject engages in risky or otherwise inadvisable behaviors.

AKA being normal
>>
File: Look-at-Me.jpg (33KB, 534x600px) Image search: [Google]
Look-at-Me.jpg
33KB, 534x600px
>>128494601

But on the flip side, is it better to oversubscribe than allow the children to go through life thinking what he is doing is "normal"? I would have given anything for medication when I was a child, instead of waiting until I was an adult and finding out everything I was doing wasn't "normal".
>>
>>128494087
Why are you calling it the strap. It's just a spanking with a belt
>>
>>128495418
Seems pretty hit or miss. I had a friend who got drugged up at a young age. You could tell right away whether he was on or off the pills. But he was like a little lost boy even as an adult who could never know which one was the real him.

I'll tell you one thing. From the standpoint of brain formation, even if you were a nutter as a kid, it's probably better if you waited until your brain was at least mostly finished forming. It usually takes until about 25, give or take.
>>
>tfw aspergers
>>
>>128487470
My dad is ADD.

They would just sit him in a corner.
>>
>>128487784
He said ADHD not Autism.
>>
>>128487470

They wiped it out of them... AND IT WORKED!!!
>>
>>128487470
Super Nintendo Entertainment System and God-tier cartoons
>>
>>128496335
CHILD MOLESTER
>>
>>128487470

That wasn't an 80s thing.

We had the term hyperactive. Didn't know any kids on medication for it. It was just something teachers and parents had to deal with.
>>
>>128495418
No, just pushing pills onto everyone for minimal problems is always wrong. Some go completely unnoticed but in reality that would mean to medicate every single kid that once laughs too loud just because it could be ADHD or or or or...
>>
>>128487777
Blessed by kek himself
>>
>>128488784
>does scolding/mildly yelling in a 1v1 sit-down talk work?

Hell no. Not with the little hellions I grew up with.
>>
>>128487624
Fpbp literally this, such thing didn't even exist that's an invention of modern psychology to pamper to bad and lazy parents
>>
File: 1486056305868m.jpg (56KB, 1024x810px) Image search: [Google]
1486056305868m.jpg
56KB, 1024x810px
>People ITT suggesting spanking.
Studies have proven it only makes things worse.
Do not violate the NAP!
>>
>>128493681
more on this please
>>
>>128497238
I'll say it again. Lobotomization. This shit was real, and that's how they dealt with hyperactive kids.
>>
>>128489055
Checked. Also, this is all I need to do. Take videogames away for one day and they fall into line within a day.
>>
File: 94518505_l_a1.jpg (21KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
94518505_l_a1.jpg
21KB, 720x720px
>>128487470
this
>>
>>128489772
i had a lobotomy and now im fine
>>
you spanked them
>>
>>128497711
Have you ever read the book, "My Lobotomy?" Its by a guy who got a lobotomy at I think about 12. It's not long, and it's really interesting.

Even has a picture of him the doctor took with the icepicks sticking out of his head.
>>
>>128487470
My mother used to scream at me in my face while I was backed up into a corner and my father beat me with a belt. At 17 I decked my mother when she tried it, and knocked out my father when he was being an annoying drunk. At that point he hadn't beaten me for years because I was too old for that and I could defend myself. Now I'm a functional human who owns a house whom my parents themselves helped fund despite those instances. Beatings and abuse helps IF your parents genuinely love you, otherwise you're just left with a child who has no doubt their parents hated them rather than a child upset they got beat up but still knowing their dad will still buy them a car and mom will still cook for them every day.
>>
>>128497587

>only makes things worse
>(((studies)

>Don't discipline your kid, goy. Let us do that for you. Here. give them these pills to make them more manageable.

I was diagnosed ADHD as a kid and put on ritalin for 10 years. I felt like a fucking drug zombie the entire time. Once I hit puberty and actually started having some balls I immediately and flatly refused to ever take them again.

ADHD at worst is a descriptor for having an overactive mind or lacking focus. Later in life it leads to exceptional multitasking skills because you have years - if not decades - of your brain working multiple tasks simultaneously because that's simply how it's always worked and you've learned to harness it.

My mom also beat the shit out of me every time I got seriously enough out of line to deserve it. Same to my brother.

Know what happened? We learned a healthy respect for people capable of beating our asses from an early age. Later when she knew she couldn't physically discipline us anymore, her disappointment that we weren't living up to the men she knew we could be was enough to get us back on the right track.

And if that didn't work, our 6'3, 240 lb Maytag foreman Uncle - who in our youth we had witnessed rip the door off a flipped vehicle with his bare hands - was usually enough 'encouragement' to get our shit together.

Spanking works until the kid is old enough to reason for themselves.
>>
>>128497587
>Studies have proven it only makes things worse.

because they use examples where they slap them for all kinds of shit.

I got only slaped a couple of times, e.g. when I nearly burned down the kitched or was trowing a tantrum for over an hour demolishing my room.

Thats when you deserve punishment, not when write a bad mark or come to late or other trivial shit.
>>
File: 1495957988670.png (676KB, 1000x1135px) Image search: [Google]
1495957988670.png
676KB, 1000x1135px
>>128489523

>Found out Dad beat my Mom
>Realize why my cunt of a mother beat me as a child
>Now have crippling depression, anger issue, and anxiety
>tfw when you wish you had supportive white parents
>>
>>128487470

by doing nothing since it's extremely rare and just a scam for dr shekelberg to sell you pills if little timmy doesnt like school
>>
>>128498743
I threw the worst tantrum and threw my room apart. My dad took one look at it and told me I wasn't coming back out until I cleaned everything up, and closed the door.

Ever since then I've been a big proponent of working with children to fix whatever they did wrong. I think it's a really good way of teaching both skills and the value of your own labor.
>>
>>128497794
this
>>
>>128499211
>until I cleaned everything up

that was a given from the start
>>
>>128487981
>Ancient Greece or Rome
In Sparta, children were put to work and training from very young ages. Greeks knew that children have endless amounts of energy and it needs to be funneled. Keeping them at home with a fucking tablet is suppressing natural urges.

Later on, even the Ottomans knew it. Jannisaries are a prime example. Mehmed II took the City at the age of 21 leading many still boys.

The medical Jew wants to castrate your children and turn them into docile, effeminate faggots.
>>
>>128488784
poor, dumb niggers and white trash hit their kids. My parents didn't hit me, none of my extended family hit their kids and all of us have turned out well. Almost nobody I know with a middle class upbringing got hit, but just about everyone with poor, uneducated parents would get hit. Be it with a belt, switch, whatever, they were physically punished.

Dumb people don't know how else to punish their kids so they have to rely on their animalistic instinct to hit them until they act better. It doesn't work, it just makes violent kids or overly fearful kids. A child will understand if you tell them why it was bad to do that thing, or take away a toy/put them in timeout for a little bit.

I know you'll all throw out a bunch of anecdotes about how you got hit as a kid and now make a million dollars a month, but studies have shown that it isn't effective and it shouldn't be done.
>>
A friend's parents gave him coffee to drink when he was a hyper kid in the 70s.
>>
>>128499565
We were always made to put away our toys and stuff, but that was a somewhat unusual move. I would normally have expected to be punished and then shamed by having somebody clean up after me like I had just pooped my pants and needed to be wiped or something.

It was at a young enough age that the discipline methods were shifting to expecting me to take beter care of myself. I don't know maybe I was 4 or 5?
>>
>>128499021
Extremely rare? Not in my school. Half the kids had ADHD and an alarming amount showed signs of mild autism. The doctors probably handed diagnoses and prescriptions out like candy. Adderal is like Xanax. It's a temporary fix that hurts you in the long run. Only to be used for severe cases.
>>
>>128499910
If your rule is
>NEVER ''HIT'' YOUR CHILDREN EVER
you're going to have a bad time.
Perfect balance lies in moderation. Your paradigm is just as extremist and just as bad as niggers who only hit them because, you're right, they don't know better.

And since you went a bit anecdotal, I'll go too. I was hit 3 times in my life. When I reached the age of 19, I realized I deserved all 3.
>>
>>128499910
I got slapped exactly two times in my childhood. One time it was very deserved, and one time it wasnt so much (from my perspective) but it always worked.

Violence only works if it is very very sparsely used. And even then, the slap only worked on me because it was a a baby slap that didnt even hurt, just shock. I don't want to imagine how kids turn out that get brutally hit on the regular...
>>
>>128487470
you have fucking energy to light up a small city? you wont after 500 pushups.

dumb fuck teachers and parents just need to address the energy like an alpha.

you got energy? well guess what, you will burn it out.
>>
I hate kids with autism and that they know they have autism and use it to get their own way (just look at how much of a condensending brat max and how incompetent and weak his parents are in show parenthood) because of how fucking irritating they are while kids that do have autism and are trying to get better and not try to be brats are seen as brats while the real ones get away scot free.

Fuck that shit!
>>
File: old man.jpg (138KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
old man.jpg
138KB, 640x640px
I love my dexedrine script add has been great so far.
>>
>>128487470
Ritalin
>>
>>128495712
>Why are you calling it the strap
"The strap" is the name of the punishment. Most english speaking countries refer to corporal punishment like this.
>"the cane"
>"the rod"
>"the strap"

It even extends to torture or execution methods:
>"The chair"
>"The boats" (this one is evil)
>"The rack"
>"the wheel"
etc
>>
>>128504205
It rubs the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again.
>>
>>128487470
We went to detention and were told to shut up.
>>
>>128487470
jews did adhd
>>
I think in this day in age, unless you have completely cut off from the internets and the androids, you probably have severe ADD. I am willing to bet you can't even watch an entire movie through without checking your smartphone at least three times. This is abnormal behavior, but due to the information age, this is becoming the new norm -hence, the need for prescription of over-the-counter stimulants to give people the ability to handle all this bloody sensory stimulation.
>>
File: 5001593.jpg (623KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
5001593.jpg
623KB, 2048x1536px
>>128487470
There was no ADHD, so kids played with their toys or went outside and dug a hole with a stick
>tfw it's clearly time to purge anyone under the age of 35
>>
In the 80s and 90s the economy was cooking and there was still some low-skill manufacturing jobs idiots that sucked at school could land. Now? Retards have no hope
>>
File: reee.jpg (18KB, 483x442px) Image search: [Google]
reee.jpg
18KB, 483x442px
>>128503809
tfw only getting concerta 54mg here doc wont give me elvanse(vyvanse) or attentin(dex) also modafinil is only for narcoleptics and that disease is hard to fake
>>
>>128497726
Even gangster Latorian Milton understands no videos games is a punishment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcqOgnQyXp4
>>
>>128487624
South Park did it.
>>
File: taking notes.jpg (309KB, 1347x797px) Image search: [Google]
taking notes.jpg
309KB, 1347x797px
This is your average college classroom
>average kid is simultaneously browsing reddit, 4chan, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, and writing their notes
>Others are planning events, booking study sessions, performing system updates, checking their mail and mobile notifications
>Less than 50% of students are listening to the teacher and absorbing the content

By my estimation, we are all ADD and we all need help. Get some sleep and go to your doctor so he can give you lots of pharmaceutical pills to make you better again.
>>
>>128504588
>I am willing to bet you can't even watch an entire movie through without checking your smartphone at least three times

Nope. I'm one of those assholes who gets annoyed by anybody around me in a theater pulling out their phone. I can't go to movies with my GF because she spends the entire movie texting friends and it is distracting as fuck.

If I do watch a movie in a theater I try to go after the movie has been out a few weeks and I go at a low traffic time of the day so there are only maybe 5 other people there with me. It's the only way I can enjoy a movie at the theater. I like to be totally immersed in the movie with no distractions.
>>
>>128487470
ridilin
>>
ADD is unironically a Jewish hoax made to sell the mental equivalent of chemical castration to the goyim. This is a pretty entry level redpill.
>>
>>128505630

If it's a Jewish hoax why did the Nazis take meth?
>>
>>128505117
whats so good about a mac?
>>
lots o spaking
>>
>>128487470
They were allowed to grow up naturally with there own hormones and genetics, and either learned to live in society, or did not. Now they just pump them full of drugs and never give these kids a shot.
>>
>>128505630
And now you have people pushing for gun control laws that don't allow anybody with any sort of mental illness history to own guns, including ADD. It's a gun grabber's dream come true automatically disqualifying a huge portion of the population from gun ownership for life when they have committed no crime.
>>
>>128487696
Simple answer: "go outside" (kids wanted to anyway.)
Complicated answer: do a family outing together.

Both of which are dead in the modern era. Outside 30 years ago vs outside today is like observing two completely different species. Even the kids with no TV / videogames / internet (family too poor) aren't going outside. They sit in empty rooms - found a group of tiny kids announcing to me that nobody is watching them. Their room didn't even have furniture.
>>
>>128505831
To stay awake on the battlefield so they could kill more Bolshevik scum
>>
>>128487470
Besides telling them to go play outside?
Sending them to engineer's school, or practical trades if they didn't have the intellect for that.
>>
>>128505831
So they could stay up for extended hours and fight with no fear. The US military gave their troops meth as well.

Nobody is arguing that small doses of amphetamines will not help you focus. I think we are arguing against the mass medication of today's youth and classifying a huge portion of them as mentally ill.
>>
>>128505831
Voluntarily taking it because you have subhumans to remove is different than force-feeding it to kids because they're hyper after eating three Toaster Strudels (do they even make these anymore) and then expect them to to suffer through six hours of hyper-feminized education (of course, gym and recess have been cut because they promote terrible things like masculinity and competition).

>>128506178
That's fucked up, never heard of that, but I barely bother to read such things as unfortunately i live in a commie nogunz state.
>>
>>128489177
this so much desu. my mom divorced my dad cuz she hates men. then she put me on ritalin at the ripe old age of three. my whole life every time ive bought a truck or a gun or gone camping, my mother has gone weeks angry at me each time. she treats my sisters much differently from me, and even the granddaughters get much more $ and time spent with them than grandsons. shes right wing and hates feminism and all things gay/trans etc, and although shell never admit it, she hates men.

also of note my sister thats been divorced 3 times has had my mom there for everything from court to a place to stay while the other sister who works things out with her husband has completely stopped confiding in my mother about her marriage because she doesnt want to be pushed to leave him. its sad.
>>
File: 1451271860726.gif (4MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1451271860726.gif
4MB, 512x384px
>>128487624
>>128504817
>>
>>128505630
I know a hell of a lot of rich jews at elite colleges on adderall
>>
>>128487470
They threw them off cliffs.
>>
>>128487470
ADHD and other developmental disorders were far from as common as theyre today, mostly due to our diets (grains, soy, estrogens) and lifestyle (less time outside, bad parenting)

I doubt if there was a significant amount of ADHD back then that didn't resolve with a little discipline.

The reason that ADHD and autismo are so widespread nowadays isn't because we don't hit the children enough (excessive physical punishment doesnt work anyway)
>>
>>128506504
It's the way gun control laws work. They take your guns 1 inch at a time.

Push for "common sense gun legislation". Who isn't against people with mental health history owning a firearm? It seems perfectly logical.

Then you realize they are branding nearly half of today's youth with a mental health issue.
>>
File: eyes.png (21KB, 164x52px) Image search: [Google]
eyes.png
21KB, 164x52px
>>128494360
not really desu,i read alot.

it has warped me though...im 31 and im still undoing the damage,if i was american i would of shot up a school a long time ago desu in my youth.
>>
>>128487470
we didn't have adhd...we did have some useless parents who feed their ricochet kids shit loads of soda back in a day when it contain raw sugar....they ate handfuls of pixie stix, candy cigarettes, wax candy, and sugar dots affixed to rolls of paper...then they gave lawn darts, bb guns and big wheels...when they were done hurting themselves and others ...mom and daddy watched them scream bloody murder when you squirted a coupla ounces of liquid red death mercurochrome into their open wounds....slowed their hyper asses to a crawl as they learned the cause and effect of being turbo turds...the ones that didn't paralyze themselves back then went on to work at the DMV or other low speed government work and now parent this generations autistics
>>
>>128506131
Even the genuinely stupid tended to get along just fine in the old world. They would work simple jobs (back before mass migration) and marry simple women (back before the death of family. Raising their kids took all their energy, so there was none left for causing trouble (compare with the idle-stupid of today.)

The folks who didn't fit in were natural troublemakers. Now you have to be someone special to make basic shit work on an ordinary level. It's like building an empire just to build a regular life, but then the future just shits it away like a digested snack.
>>
>>128488784
If you seriously tell a kid repeatedly to stop doing something wrong and they keep doing it, you're actually doing harm if you don't hit them. If you're their parent it's better to take things away/do it non violently, but sometimes if it's not your kid you don't have that sort of option.
>>
File: image.png (337KB, 681x449px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
337KB, 681x449px
>>128488784
Some kids can straighten out easily with 1v1 talks
But I others really can't
I was beat pretty badly when I was a kid and my parents did it always out of anger. And they went way too far. But if I hadn't have been smacked at least a little bit I would have been out of control. I had 0 respect for my parents (or anyone) until about 16 when I realised how much of a piece of shit I was and my parents didn't have much choice.
A lot of children absolutely need it, just a clip on the ear, nothing huge just to straighten them out, especially boys who are less likely to be affected by a talk.

The problem with going overboard like my parents did is that
a) it makes violence normal
If I had any kind of disagreement with another kid at school, I wouldn't reason with him, I'd just punch him and not stop until I was dragged away
b) it makes you fearless
No punishment was worse than my dad beating me so when teachers shouted at me and told me to go to detention or stay in lunchtime I just put my finger up at them and walked out

The thing is to only do whst is necessary to straighten the kids out and just don't take it to extremes
>>
>>128506939
its real lad,i really wish it was some made up bullshit

kids with it can spot other kids with it...you wont understand.

saying it doesnt exist doesnt make my life easier either....is it over diagnosed? yes! is it used as an excuse for being a retard? yes

but it does exist,not in the tumblr freak who self diagnoses...but me personally who was by a load of shrinks who monitored me for weeks at a time in a mock school room at a hospital in the early 90s to figure it out..its shit having and i just wish i was born normal.

it has its ups like hyper focus and above average iq but the downside is crippling self doubt i can go from calm to murderous rage in a heart beat which really fucks your social and work life up and many other things....its hell desu
>>
File: 1403089683115.jpg (17KB, 256x303px) Image search: [Google]
1403089683115.jpg
17KB, 256x303px
>>128487470
>ADHD
Without internet they even didn't know what it is.
>>
>>128507178
I was babysitting kids like 10 years ago. Was playing in the sand with then and one threw a handful of sand straight in my eyes for no reason. I gave him a single swat on the butt, not even hard. That's how I was raised.

He told his parents and they threatened to press abuse charges against me and they never had me watch their kids again.

It blows my mind that an open handed slap on the ass is considered abuse these days.
>>
>>128507178
there is a fine line

you go too far you wind up teaching them when you want someone to do as you say you hit them

hitting your kids does teach them a lesson alright...just not the one you expected lol
>>
> before the 80s and 90s

Kids were left to their own devices most of the day, instead of being cooped up at home or stuck in mind-numbing "after-school activities". And the kids would wear themselves off on their own. They'd run and bike and fight and swim and do all sorts of shit until they were spent.
>>
File: report.jpg (51KB, 520x293px) Image search: [Google]
report.jpg
51KB, 520x293px
ADHD is just an excuse not to care.

Kids before the 80's had no excuse not to care and they were held accountable. See pic related.
>>
>>128507442
That's just called being a freak who can't maintain his own emotions.... Desu
>>
>>128507839
its not m8

when somert is pissing me off i feel it rising and the urge to cause harm is like being thirsty as fuck and not picking up the cold glass of water right in front of you,your skin sets on fire and you can feel the heat rise off your body and radiate acoss your neck

its not as simple as count to 10 lol,i spent most of my early 20s as a recluse becuase i didnt trust myself around others becuase i kept winding up in the cells.

im glad i got a handle on it,even in my dads will he said he would be suprised if i wasnt dead or in prison by time i read this.

even worse i found pol! now i notice things i never used to and now im angry all the time lmao

i see it all and i swear to god some days i feel like walking into a mousqe with an axe.
>>
>>128507657
>Kids were left to their own devices most of the day
Yep. It was usually left up to older kids or peers to discipline kids with behavioral problems. Back then the "weird" kids were not shunned or excluded by the group, they were just told to smarten up and quit goofing off. They would get beat up if they kept goofing off or breaking/ignoring the rules of whatever game we were playing. Same thing happened at recess.

Sometimes this would manifest as bullying, and a kid would be teased for not beign able to throw a ball right, but after the hazing the odler kids would come teach him how to do it right and help him participate.

The bullying we have today is way more severe and is based on social isolation. Kids were cruel in the past too, but back then bullying seemed to be more about correcting the fucked up kids behavior rather than driving them further from the group (or to suicide) like it is these days.
>>
>>128507599
Nah, you're teaching them that there are rules in life, nothing wrong with that. Real abuse is terrifying because of it's inconsistency, kids push until they find the line and when they know where it is and it doesn't move it's actually reall healthy for them. It's when you have unstable parents/older people who move the line depending on their mood that you start to create some vicious cycles.
>>
They beat their Children when they misbehaved. Now the government says you can't punish your children and now we have ADHD and Autism when the real cure is the belt and making them pick their switch.

ADHD does not exist, neither does Autism. It's either Mental Retardation or being hyperactive or being just stupid. Autism is a PC way of saying retardation.

Beat your kids till they can't sit if you have to.
>>
>>128508390
I'm pretty sure you're describing yourself as a freak who can't control his emotions, even if that's not a very kind way to put it. Plenty of people have some kind of abnormality or other in the development of their brains. Maybe some people are blessed (cursed?) with a photographic memory. Maybe your emotional regulation is stunted. Einstein had an extra fold in his motor cortex.

I think the main problem is expecting everybody to be the same. Some people are just different, and I think that's really the hardest part about children.
>>
>>128487470
ADHD is a symptom of a world gone to complete shit

ADHD isn't really a thing. It's the world's problem.

We're not actually meant to live such sedated lives.
>>
>>128493447
That's the best way to do it
>>
>>128499910
hitting and slapping niggers is useless because their brains do not contain their central nervous system....hitting them in the head is like punching a rhino in the head with your fist....you gotta use something a baseball bat to get through the dense layers of dumbfuckium that surrounds the sunflower seed sized neuromarble they call a brain. The marble controls eat mode, breathe mode, and grab your dick mode....nothing else
>>
>>128508825
not a freak,just a damaged kid inhabiting a grown ups body and on top of that a childhood of neglect to top it off with desu

im doing well but pretending to be a normie is so fucking draining
>>
>>128487470
Spare the rod to spoil the child.

Learn from American Evangelicals, Christian fundamentalists, Independent (white) Baptists, Traditional Catholics, Dogmatic Mormons and Orthodox Jews including Haredi or Hasidim.

Religion instructs us to be better parents to better behaved children.
>>
File: niggerabort.webm (715KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
niggerabort.webm
715KB, 400x226px
>>128509094
topkek
>>
>>128509206
I lived with a whole bunch of guys I didn't know at the time were all but one diagnosed with ADHD. It was very much like living in an alternate reality, even though they were frustratingly incapable of what I think most people would regard as certain basic expectations of keeping up with the rat race.

I find normies to be draining as well. It was my pleasure to clean up after them for the thrill of sharing their worlds.
>>
>>128507442
no...hell is listening to you ramble on about it
>>
>>128509317
Beat your children. I was brought up on the book "To train up a child." and I think it should be mandatory to raise children on it.

But I think poor people and liberals should all be castrated so they don't breed...so I may be crazy.
>>
>>128498918
>supportive white LIBERAL JEWISH parents

conservative anglo southern christian parents believe in beating the hell out of spoiled brats

PC-ness means letting your kids run crazy, the Bible teaches us kids must respect their elders
>>
File: mountstupid.gif (32KB, 500x664px) Image search: [Google]
mountstupid.gif
32KB, 500x664px
>>128509638
Dont want an answer dont talk about shit you know nothing about then you fucking gay black bastard!
>>
>>128487470
Our parents didn't know because we were never inside annoying them.
>>
>>128509418
thanx to the 1996 welfare reform act, nigras can't pop out babies like they use to, I wish latinas & muslims stop having litters of anchor baby apes.
>>
File: mexicunts.jpg (268KB, 1850x733px) Image search: [Google]
mexicunts.jpg
268KB, 1850x733px
>>128510136
Agreed.as bad as niggas are the mexican question is the true plague on america.

hopefully the wall,deportations and tax relief for the white working and middle class will help people to breed more white kids.
>>
>>128487470
didn't exist
>>
>>128509856
But Tomatoes are a fruit. So are peppers.
>>
>>128489380
sensible post is sensible
>>
File: image.jpg (505KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
505KB, 900x900px
>>128507442
Like blind rage like your brain completely shuts off? and you cant stop yourself?
I've had this my whole life - only really comes out when I'm drunk now though
Only ever met one other person like this and he was exactly the same as me, both of us have been in a lot more fights than the average person here
Also interesting his parents beat him very badly same as mine
Idk if it's a mental thing or just too much testosterone or something though?
Like I don't go out looking for violence it just happens
Very hard to control the only way I can stop it is to IMMEDIATELY walk away
>>
>>128510398
I don't want working class whites to breed. They are poor and don't work to get out of it so they are constantly struggling and dumb.

We have to breed out the "poor gene" as I call it. It causes stupidity for the most part. So I think the poor should be banned from breeding unless they work to bring in at least $50,000 a year minimum to raise the child properly and have a good job so that they won't need welfare.

ALL welfare recipients should be castrated in fairness.
>>
File: 1447905663911.jpg (117KB, 584x553px) Image search: [Google]
1447905663911.jpg
117KB, 584x553px
>>128487470
ADHD isnt real, that is how they dealt with it.

>oh your 5 year old wont sit down for 6 hours watching CNN he must have ADHD
>drug drug drug drug drug drug
>>
>>128506939
This is accurate! I remember a couple of kids being labeled "hyperactive" in class, that's about it. We were outside playing nobody knew if we had ADHD or not. Oh and ffs...mercurochrome! My pappy asked me to go and buy some of that stuff about 7 years ago. The pharmacist looked at me like I was crazy and then informed me it had long been banned.
>>
Well nothing really was done, but you have to remember that today's society is so fast pace and standardized with minimal time spent outside for children. Children with ADHD in the 80's and 90's experienced much more freedom in how they were able to live their lives, free from modern stress.
>>
>>128490495
That kid had ADHD and parents who didn't or couldn't put in the time.

>>128490809
This

>>128490908
10/haha
>>
>>128510872
It's certainly more real than it used to be thanks to things like xenoesterogens, plastic hardeners, food dyes etc. etc. fucking with kids developing brains.
>>
>>128510815
i dont need to be drunk for it lol i avoid booze becuase it makes it even more volatile.

and same,dad was quick with the rod,mum was good with the mind games and neglect

and yes,ive had more than my fair share of fights,even beat up a paki gang once in broad daylight in town...im amazed i managed to floor them all also? i think they didnt get much time to react due to it coming out of no where.

i dont regret that but i have ended up in punch outs with taxi drivers due to them over charging me and all sorts of shit,it just comes at you out of nowhere.

i think i felt so pathetic for being weak as a child a part of me never wants to return to that shame so any disrespect in adult hood is seen as a threat?
>>
>>128510842
you cant expect the middle class to do the jobs you dont want to do anon,the middle class are the lawyers and doctors,not the plumbers and toilet cleaners...
>>
>>128487624
This. My nieces are well behaved in public settings because they know Uncle Anon will smack em on the ass when he says "Stop that or I'll smack you on the ass"
Only ever had to do that twice.
>>
>>128509856
gonna just dismiss you referring to me as gay or black and just chalk that shit up to your incurable mental disease...

even thought about cramming a metal rod up your ass and wrapping yourself in copper wire and turning yourself into a self propelled electromagnet....electric companies would have to pay you technically for the power you would generate as you go fuck yourself
>>
>>128511501
If you think Plumbing is low wage, you need to be schooled.

Low/No skill work is for brown "people" to do with no pay.
>>
>>128495846
>From the standpoint of brain formation, even if you were a nutter as a kid, it's probably better if you waited until your brain was at least mostly finished forming.

Underrated

Most of us that got diagnosed with ADHD and had meds thrown at us are often self medicating. Imagine going your whole youth thinking you couldn't function properly in society without being medicated... shit hits your subconscious, and if you eat up all the shit society feeds you you will never have the time to self reflect on it all being bull shit.
>>
>>128510872
This.

>>128506939
Also this, but the sugar meme is pure bullshit.
>>
File: 1496608473164.jpg (225KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1496608473164.jpg
225KB, 1024x683px
>>128496231

Bully-haha/10
>>
>>128511907
autism lmfao
>>
They were just considered "annoying idiots".
>>
File: 1495341015761.jpg (412KB, 2147x1169px) Image search: [Google]
1495341015761.jpg
412KB, 2147x1169px
>>128498596
>I was diagnosed ADHD as a kid and put on ritalin for 10 years. I felt like a fucking drug zombie the entire time. Once I hit puberty and actually started having some balls I immediately and flatly refused to ever take them again.
Oh fuck am I writing this from a parallel universe? 2spooky 4me?

Did we ever fullfill our dream of being a famous chef at the space station?
>>
>>128511911
not really beucase that wouldnt even generate any power you fucking moron

please refer to this diagram once more.
>>128509856
>>
>>128511951
depends if you are self employed doing it or you work for someone desu.

plumbing is for poles
>>
>>128511272
Man I ate green eggs (courtesy of Dr. Seuss books) for like 2 months straight and I like turtles.

captcha: Select all images with belts. SHUT IT DOWN (((THEY))) KNOW!
>>
>>128512712
Well then just go fuck yourself Union Jackoff

btw ...how was the concert...I bet nobody wanted to leave
>>
File: 1495240343654.png (500KB, 481x767px) Image search: [Google]
1495240343654.png
500KB, 481x767px
>>128506405
Thank you, that argument made me fucking cringe.
>>
>>128507552
Kids used to understand that people other than their parents would responsibly do this shit if they acted up.
>>
File: 1496605869956.png (568KB, 1236x461px) Image search: [Google]
1496605869956.png
568KB, 1236x461px
>>128513442
the concert is utter bullshit

pic related
>>
High Fructose Corn Syrup
.wasnt in drinks until later 90's, drinks had sugar in them, they where in pop bottles until sometime, in the later 80's i think.
>>
>>128507839
damn whats it like being 11 and having internet?
>>
>>128506405
ritalin is horrid

it works wonders at 1st...but then you get used to feeling that buzz,but eventually you become immune

so you get your dr to up the dose,then you become immune to that,eventually you wind up munching them like toffees and running out of them with 3 weeks left to your next prescription,and the come down triggers psychosis and you can hear laughter coming from the attic and you think the neighbors are sneaking into your house when you go out lol and if you try and cold turkey off them it takes months for your brain to reset...and in that time lethargy,crippling depression and anxiety is bad

i wish i could stay in that state of when it works forever....kinda cruel to give me a taste of what its like to be normal and then take it away
>>
>>128487470
it didn't.

>>128487981
they killed them.
>>
>>128513543
What was cringe about it?
>>
>>128514634
nah they usually are the ones who survived the gladiator fights
>>
>>128493447
Thats perfectly fine.
The belt is meant to be more of a psychological punishment than a physical one.
Parents who take out their anger on their children by beating them daily are doing it wrong though.
>>
>>128514566
Heh, well-written. I had a stimulant problem at one point, but at least they weren't as psychoactive as ritalin. I had a friend who went through the same sort of thing through a succession of different pills, and he told me it was really helpful to know it's normal to get to the point where adding more or taking it away both result in crashing.
>>
>>128511378
Hello, I think im like you. I've been using my intelligence to hide myself amongst normies to the best of my ability. Ive never gotten any help with anything.

>"i think i felt so pathetic for being weak as a child a part of me never wants to return to that shame so any disrespect in adult hood is seen as a threat?"
Exactly how I feel too. I tend to "overreact" when people take advantage or treat me like shit. I have come close to committing murder on impulse.
If we are honest here, I killed one kitten and 7 rats, in the past two years. They were my pets and it was all against my will.

Its like you are on a train going one direction then, without a frame skipping, you are on another train going in a complete different direction.
Sometimes it almost feels like an out of body experience where your "second mind" is taking the wheel and you are just along for the ride.

We arent bad people, we need help anon.
>>
>>128515228
my dr took an ECG of my heart and it was 40 beats over the normal limit so he took me off them

back to feeling like i used to now,the fog is back

god i wish i could feel like i did when i first had them,i felt so sharp and focused and i could do anything
>>
>>128492069
This, I still have a strong respect for belts. Nothing adjusts a kids attitude better than leather across a wet butt.
>>
>>128515586
Well, better you figure that out sooner than later. One of my old friends with ADHD who died in part to a pill cocktail just as he was starting to get his life on track had a father who it turns out had also been popping ritalin like nobody's business to stay functional.

His wife confided in me that her husband was basically an unresponsive corpse when he wasn't eating ritalin. Brain studies show that it takes at least a year clean to come to a new normal. It's just something you have to learn to work around, for better or for worse. It usually takes a number of years in the case of an alcoholic, for instance.
>>
>>128489100
it still doesn't
>>
File: spittake.gif (98KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
spittake.gif
98KB, 220x165px
>>128490908
>>
>>128489380
>that's kind of a trump card
redditor pls
>>
>>128487624
It usually worked too.
>>
>>128487470
>How did society deal with kids with ADHD before the 80s & 90s?

Simple. It didn't exist.
>>
>>128487696
do that and now you'll get arrested for neglect
>>
File: 1470864032770.png (55KB, 852x1256px) Image search: [Google]
1470864032770.png
55KB, 852x1256px
>>128490908
>>
>>128505241
Matinees are your friend, anon.

I like to go to the second run theater, preferably at two in the afternoon. Tree fiddy to get in and it's invariably me and thirty senior citizens who remember how people are supposed to act at the movies.

Also, I smuggle in three or four beers and drink them with my popcorn. Comfy as shit.
>>
>>128489177
I have ADD and I'm a girl.
>>
>>128517529
>3 or 4 beers

But then youd have to pee before the movie is over
>>
>>128517715
tits or gtfo, you know the rules
>>
File: jokerthis.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
jokerthis.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>128514104

When I was a young lad I was just as aware of possible retribution from any of my friend's parents as I was from my own. They all had carte blanche to correct me if I needed correcting, and because of this, I behaved myself. This extended to teachers, librarians, cops and pretty much any other adult.

Not a bad system, really.
>>
>>128488784
>Hitting kids was always a thing so it likely works, but fuck
>Implying you actually care about what works when you're heated enough to hit a kid
>>
>>128487470
In the 90s they fed them Ritalin to fuck up their brain chemistry.
Happened to me at least. 40mg a day for 12 years.
>>
>>128515906
not so much for Robin Williams and David Carradine.......BONG
>>
File: oldguy.jpg (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
oldguy.jpg
29KB, 400x400px
>>128517762
Fuck, I'm getting old, I have to pee before the second reel.

>mfw
>>
>>128488784
I wonder how an Aryan kid responds vs. A jew kid for being beaten
>>
>>128488784
Hitting kids leads to psychological damage in most cases and doesn't likely improve behavior (cue contrary anecdotal evidence from 4chan posters, half of whom are mentally ill). There are hundreds of studies showing this. You can make up any kind of excuse you want, but if you're hitting your kids you are harming them for a long, long time after just the physical pain. Its poor parenting, barbaric, and also lazy and dumb.
>>
>>128518534
A Jewish kid has his foreskin torn off at an early age, and then has to grow up under a Jewish mother and a similarly circumcised father, all in the name of g-d, which most of them don't believe it anyway and just perpetuate the circle of destruction because that's the only shred of identity and grasp of "love" that they can know, conditioning him toward tremendous sociopathic tendencies.
>>
>>128488784

Children literally can not reason.

The only thing you can do other than hit them is lay into them verbally. You force them to anewer loaded questions or explain the behavior (knowing they can't).

When they answer, you shame them for not thinking or being stupid. I emphasize that I ask so little of them and they still manage to fall short.

It does a number on their self worth, but I am allowed to do it as a foster parent to my niece and nephew. I would rather just give them a swat.
>>
>>128519299
You should try leading by example, too. Yes, the whole "positive reenfocement" bullshit was just Operant Conditioning (cf. BF Skinner, i.e. brainwashing) but maybe they don't know what to do better.
>>
>>128518798

Go find me a study that controls for race and income.

As always, the nogs will drag down the numbers and people like you will take it at face value
>>
>>128519299
>Children literally can not reason.
What an asinine statement. Children constantly reason, their reasoning abilities obviously aren't as skilled as adults, but they're constantly reasoning since infancy. You are just talking bullshit to make up for being bad with kids.
>>
>>128518798
Hitting children has worked for hundreds of years. You're telling me because some recent pseudo-science bullshit study tells you otherwise it's automatic proof? Pls
>>
>>128487470
They were either beaten or sent outside until they calmed down or disappeared.
>>
>>128519765
Slavery worked for thousands of years. You are making one of the most simple logical fallacies. You are also claiming something is pseudo-science for no other reason other than you dislike the conclusion.
>>
>>128487470
BE A PAIN
GET THE CANE
>>
>>128487470
drugs

t,late 80s - 90s kid.
>>
Why the fuck are people on such high doses of meds? 70mg of vyvanse is insane. 10-20mg is the optimum dose. Any higher and you just hyperfocus on things and have difficulty switching tasks. No wonder you feel like a zombie, you're stuffing 40mg of amphetamine down your throat in the morning.
>>
>>128489772
You joke but that's what they did to Rose Kennedy
>>
File: hennessey-venom-gt-american-flag.jpg (772KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
hennessey-venom-gt-american-flag.jpg
772KB, 2048x1360px
>>128487470
they were normal kids.. I grew up in the 80's, and was diagnosed with ADD @ 15. I was prescribed ritalin but I did not take them. I threw them in the trash when my parents were not looking.

Now I am successful, married, have kids, and lead a normal life.

Its ridiculous and its basically the result of poor parenting, and jew doctors.

pic unrelated
>>
>>128519639
Can you explain exactly why that matters? Poor people and niggers are most likely far more likely to hit their kids anyway. Are you suggesting niggers and poor are more traumatized by being hit or what? I don't understand your objection.
>>
ADHD wasnt made up until the early 2000's
>>
>>128519545

I do lead by example.

Household income is over 100k. The state pays $600. I can easily afford to dump $100/week into their hobbies and social lives.

If they have A's and B's, they can name their bounty. I offer infinite tutoring and help with school. If they put in the smallest amount of effort they can have it all.

The example I lead is work in equals money out. I don't get the effort out.

It's a matter of mindset. Children act based on short term, fleeting emotion. They cannot see the future as anything worth working to protect, and throw fits if they can't have a momentary want fulfilled in an instant.
>>
>>128520064
Psychology isn't a fucking science. Not to mention it's overrun with complete sjw bias beliefs. Nothing can be trusted from psychological studies.
>>
>>128492929
Is Atari even a thing now? At least three decades since I played one.
>>
>>128519709

I am excellent with kids. The boy has made two grades of reading and math progress in 9 months, the girl has gone from straught f''s to a c average.

I don't get there with reason, I get there by manipulating them.

Children are just low skill humans. Adults can't reason, so why should children be able to?
>>
File: tumblr_kpavm6vEpU1qzep2bo1_500.jpg (50KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_kpavm6vEpU1qzep2bo1_500.jpg
50KB, 500x362px
>>128520313
Rosemary was her name
>>
>>128520505
Are you a single dad?
>>
>>128493189
So even back then Abos were worthless with their IQ of 66. Good to know.
>>
>>128520505
That's cool man. Lots of parents end up leading from behind lol.

I can imagine if you have top notch leadership skills with people, child management would be pretty easy as they can see you as the top alpha and offer respect to your rules.
>>
>>128519545
Positive reinforcement works together with basic reasoning. The problem is people think kids are irrational which is untrue.
>>128520692
This is a silly post. You can use your exact argument to say its okay to have sex with kids as well.

>>128520760
Increasing grades isn't the measure of being good with kids. You aren't good with kids, you admit to resorting to manipulation and what you do fucks with their self-worth. Your claim to be good with kids is contradicted by your own posts, at least make a claim that's more realistic, such as being good at manipulating or controlling kids.
>>
>>128520402

Nogs will always have children that misbehave.

Black children raised in white families have lower test scores and higher rates of truancy and crime.

If you have a study that looks at people who use corporal punishment, it will be an "average" population. These guarateed trouble cases pollute the data. If you earn 70k, are white and have white children, you will have different results than a tainted average.

Minorities in general suffer from greater mental illness, independent of punishment type used. Since that's the case, any study that trends along racial lines that isn't controlled for race can be dismissed as unscientific.
>>
>>128487470
You got Cs and Ds and after highschool you got a job. If you were middle class you became a sales rep. For some reason they decided you needed a fucking degree to smile and dial on the 90s.

That was about the same time that everyone needed to become above average.
>>
>>128487470
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBkSIFMTMoE
south park knew how to do it
>>
>>128520815

I am foster parent to my niece and nephew.

Their parents are the kind of people who get addicted to meth and stay fat. Not even hardcore stimulants get them out there and active.

>>128521204

You don't get it.

You can manipulate someone into having self worth.

That's what schools do with letterman jackets. Spend two years on the team and they will grant you a meaningless symbol and suck your dick for it. Those jocks remember the glory days of high school, and are manipulated into finishing their diploma.

You cannot reason with the unreasonable. Adults are unreasonable, kids physically cannot. You have to manipulate them into choosing the right path for themselves. You can't manage and coach them their whole development or they will never learn autonomy.
>>
>>128521745
But are you a single dad? Kids need a mother instinct as well.
>>
>>128522012

I am married. Our first comes in February.
>>
>>128522108
Congrats, mate. The way you reason about it just kind of sounds like a lack of mothering input moderation.

And I say this as somebody who wishes he had a stronger father figure growing up, just for the record.
>>
>>128487470
In the 80s, we had gym class, recess and sports...
you got home and could be outside playing for hours without supervision
>>
File: 1496197597954.jpg (86KB, 621x625px) Image search: [Google]
1496197597954.jpg
86KB, 621x625px
>>128487470
Exercise, fighting demogorgons, regular stuff.
>>
File: the 1970's.jpg (65KB, 709x550px) Image search: [Google]
the 1970's.jpg
65KB, 709x550px
ADHD is what women teachers call a boy being a regular healthy boy.
Bitches drug the poor kid until he is a zombie.
If you love your children, get them out of government schools.
>>
>>128487470
Consumer society wasn't what it is today.
>>
>>128522483
you know it hurt when that kid landed. that thing has no shocks. Good on him for knowing to lean back tho
>>
>>128521745
>I am foster parent to my niece and nephew
>Their parents are the kind of people who get addicted to meth

literally my exact life except I dont have a wife or gf because Im:

Always
Unique
Totally
Interesting
Sometimes
Mysterious
>>
>>128504205
The brass bull was another evil one.
>>
>>128522700
Big Wheel back support was removable....lol
>>
>>128505863
Herd conformity.
>>
ADHD doesn't exist. It's just female teachers who cannot deal with normal boy children. Boys naturally don't respect women. They emulate male authority. It's not something you can fix with drugs.

Men were forced out of the profession because of pedo hysteria and knowing one pissed off girk student throwing an accusation means your life is ruined
>>
>>128522843

I am too but I started copying pop culture catch phrases and doing silly voices.

People like that. You can steal jokes but it's OK because it's in their voice and paying homage to the original.
>>
>>128487470
Their parents parented them, and the kids were punished for poor behavior until they learned/found their own way to deal

Kids with ADHD that arent medicated do MUCH better as adults than kids with ADHD that are medicated
>>
There's this magical place called outside that we went to.
>>
>>128522270

Thanks.

You don't apply hardline methodology to everything. In fact i don't have to do it much at all.

I let them develop on their own. I only step in with the heavy manipulation if necessary.

No matter what, you won't get change unless they pick it for themselves. When you encounter problem behavior, tell them that you are surprised that it is happening and that they are always better than this.

You don't have to shame them for being who they are, you have to shame them for when they behave as someone they are not. Shame them into discarding or not adopting the bad stuff before it becomes their identity, and you are only left with the good.
>>
File: 109-0979_IMG.jpg (613KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
109-0979_IMG.jpg
613KB, 1600x1200px
>>128489523
Failure to adequately discipline a child is child abuse.
My folks has 3 boys and we got the belt, not often and mostly for lying.
We turned out great, all moral quality people.
All my Dad had to do was give us 'the look' and we back under control.
We DID have plenty of room to play-explore-play-catch snakes/lizards-fight other kids-build 'go carts'-steal apricots from the nearby orchards-collect tadpoles-play....go to bed early with silly smiles.
>>
>>128487470
>1 post by this ID
>>
>>128487470
we called them hyper active..they got the belt and so on..
>>
>>128487470
the didn't do anything because it didn't exist until the 2000s by ((((doctors)))
>>
>>128487470
I grew up in the 70s and I never knew anyone with ADHD or autism. I'm not saying that it didn't exist, but if it did, those retards were kept away from us.
We were punished if we acted up. And really punished - spanked, grounded, stood in the corner, our mouths washed out with soap, whatever. Sometimes a combination of those things. Sometimes by my mom and then again when my dad got home. I used to dread having to look at him and tell him I did something that I knew would make him mad.
Misbehaving included things like not obeying our parents, talking back, being a smart alack, embarrassing our family in public, fighting, cussing, lying, etc. And if we got in trouble at school, we got sent to the principal's office for a paddling, and then would get another one when we got home. My neighbors used to look out for us, but they would also call my parents if they saw or heard us fighting or doing anything dangerous.
Also, we played outside all the time, all year long in almost every weather. We left when we had breakfast and came back when it got dark. We were too tired to be hyper.
>>
File: tmp_5233-149652393201719137716.jpg (40KB, 769x428px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5233-149652393201719137716.jpg
40KB, 769x428px
My mom finally made me get tested and now I am an autism. Now what.
>>
>>128487470
People could make a good enough living doing manual labor that it wasn't an issue. There were also more opportunities for outdoor recreation. Unfortunately now they just sit inside playing vidya games getting sicker. At least most of them don't get abused by their parents now.

Nearly everything about modern life is clinically designed to drive someone with ADHD up a wall.
>>
>>128519299
This, hitting your kid is entirely temporary. Physical punishment is the best for the early stages of life. Your five year old can't reason and doesn't understand/care about your lecture concerning the physics of a car hitting the human body. You want to your kid to stop playing in the fucking road. Problem is that they can't really extrapolate how that's dangerous, and they don't feel as much fear because they don't understand death. It's easier and safer to make them afraid of you hitting them if they misbehave and play in the road.

This extends to everything else. When they are too young to understand you give them a temporary and very immediate reason to do/not do certain actions. Later in life they'll know why, and later in life they are not going to care that you spanked them.

Kids are only traumatized by being beaten if there are other things that come with it, like unnatural aggression/hate from their parents.

You shouldn't be hitting your 10 year old or teenager (of course there are times where they do some crazy shit, just like adults, and sometimes people need reality slapped into them).
>>
>>128519709
Their reasoning is much more limited, and as the other anon said very few adults actually reason

For things like abstract concepts, it's more reliable to instill a temporary immediate reason for them to do/not do things
>>
you hear about that guy who said people with ADHD have a different perception of time? if thats true, and theres more and more ADHD, you can conclude that its an evolutionary response because there truly is no future and they all live in the moment in this constantly changing world.
>>
>>128520064
Slavery would still work, it's just not as good as current technology
>>
>>128511907
uhhh what
>>
>>128523694

GOOD point
>>
>>128522012
Kids dont actually need their mother past about age 5

All the rules of society and being a good adult are learned from the father

The mother is the initial protector and feeder of the baby, but since moms arent really an active society member and women are more childlike in their roles they arent nearly as important in later development as the dad

Female kids need a mom a lot more, but even female kids will do better with a single dad than a single mom. You'll just get a tomboy, but she'll be able to gfind a good husband assuming her dad was good.
>>
>>128524655
I agree. Although I don't think you should start hitting kids until around 4 or 5. Anything under than then would just be cruel as they literally don't have any comprehension of what they did wrong (for the most part) so it's sorta like hitting them out of no where from their point of view.

I remember I was 8 years old and I pushed my 4 year old brother down the stairs in our house. My dad pulled me up to my room and and when I talked shit back to him he pulled off hit belt and started spanking me with it. It was the first time I was actually hit as my parents did a good job to not have us misbehave ever. Never did I ever act up again.
>>
>>128504588
ADHD has a physiological cause. It's lifelong and heritable. Nothing to do with environment.

What you're describing is screen addiction.
>>
>>128525480
Agree that you dont need to hit them early
That young you can literally treat them like small puppies
Take bad shit away, present good shit, encourage good behaviors with nice happy things : D
>>
>>128524364
autism isnt real

99.9% of mental disorders that were "discovered" after 2000 aren't real
>>
>>128487470
They failed in school couldn't form relationships so they became alcoholics and eventually killed themselves
>>
>>128525225
Not really. The mother-father duopoly is a way to turn to one when the other isn't working out. It's fine to shift from mothering to fathering, but they're both important.

Anything else is a despotism, and that's the way to corner an animal. I thought I was wrong about this when I was watching my messed up friends from my earliest memories, but then I got to working with people whom you'd think ought to be considered as adults. Common denominator: broken home.
>>
>>128511907
>hey youtube, anon here, Im coming at you with another sick tutorial
>today Im gonna teach you how to make sure you end up in court for molestation 20 years in the future
>>
File: bastards.jpg (415KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bastards.jpg
415KB, 1200x1200px
>>128489950
This.
This is what works.
Fuck all you pussies that disagree.
>>
>>128487777
>>
>>128508390
That sounds more like BPD than ADHD, anon.

>>128508577
This. Kids who are terrified by abuse are terrified because their parents are unpredictable and out of control. They might get beaten up badly over nothing or get away with something serious. They feel unsafe all the time and simply learn to evade punishment rather than the difference between right and wrong.
That's completely different from "I fucked up, dad swatted me a couple times on the butt, it sucked but it's over with and I probably deserved it."
>>128508535
That's very interesting. It's like the kids have also lost the ability to tell the difference between corrective bullying and outright abuse.
>>
>>128487470

Corporal punishment.

Got my ass whipped a lot for not turning in homework and bad grades.

Learned to cope and adjust. Now I can see what I did and adjust to compensate.

Still messy, still absentminded but cope and adjust better.
>>
>>128522483
>>128522700

Some of that still happens in the 80's.

You do stupid shit and learn from it.
>>
>>128527187
>That's very interesting. It's like the kids have also lost the ability to tell the difference between corrective bullying and outright abuse.
I remember one of the cool kids did [redacted] to me in front of everybody else

But he didn't get laughs, since he took it too far.

Some years later he tried to creep back up to me because he had fallen hard in social status. I just waved him off, no thanks, and he looked like he was about to cry. Abuse and collective abuse worked against him that time. Hey, Jason, sorry. I'd like to have been your friend but you probably weren't raised right.
>>
File: d187q.png (251KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
d187q.png
251KB, 500x461px
>>128487777
>>
>>128488634
WTH? How do you associate trucks with rape?
>>
>>128492957
No, it didn't. It works for a regular kid who's simply misbehaving. I was ADHD before it was cool (back in 80s it was very rare) and constant punishment at home and in school only caused me to grow more and more rebellious. It took me 2 decades of my life to sort this shit out. A new approach is needed but the one they are pushing now is as bad as what you are describing. ADHD is not a faulty kid, it is a family system disfunction. Parents are as fucked up as the child.
>>
File: 1496541420326.jpg (9KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1496541420326.jpg
9KB, 225x224px
>>128499910
this is fucking copy and paste from gay thread
>>
>>128506691

haha @ the last one.
>really makes ya think

I almost wonder how much of these "disorders" are learned/imitated by other students who are told they have a problem.
>>
>>128492069
This.
>>
>>128487470

redpill me on adderall
>>
>>128487470
Honestly, there was no such thing as ADHD back then.
Thread posts: 304
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.