[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

youtubers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: Imogen Showing Lens.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Imogen Showing Lens.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
Oh hai /p/, I noticed that there are a lot of youtubers for photography that is geared towards beginners, mwacs and gwacs, or gearfags like froknows, Imogen, snapchick or digitalrev.
Is there anything out there that discusses at I higher level than entry?
Like Gracie Breakdown is for BJJers, or Drummertalk is for drummers.
>>
File: 20120914180747.jpg (52KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
20120914180747.jpg
52KB, 1280x719px
>>2762978
that panty shot
>>
>>2762989
sex sells even on purpose
>>
Motherfucking ted forbes
>>
>>2762978
I like thomas heaton. He doesn't focus on the gear he uses, just shows the work that goes into getting the photographs.
>>
Snapchick isnt a gearfag though
>>
>>2762989
I don't think she's wearing panties anon.

>>2762978
>Like Gracie Breakdown is for BJJers
You mean for the Rorion-line dicksuckers... that whole branch is a disgrace on the family tree.
>buying your blue belt from the internet

I like Camerastore TV, but it's pretty much 90% gearfaggotry.
>>
File: 1435631258311.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1435631258311.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>2763057
>>
File: 1452783473988.jpg (912KB, 1813x2111px) Image search: [Google]
1452783473988.jpg
912KB, 1813x2111px
>>2762978
Maybe I'm just some selfish asshole, but why would I want to teach my competition for free on the internet?
Photography is already such an oversaturated (hehehe) market and getting jobs isn't the easiest thing to do. If I would pass on any knowledge on to other people, I would feed people that could potentially steal my jobs information I worked very hard on acquiring.

I'm started three years ago and far from earning more than 20.000 a year from my prints or publications, so I'm not a pro at all, but I get along just fine and my business is growing. Why would I share my business and photography secrets and tips for a little youtube money?
>>
B&H has hundreds of good seminars recorded and uploaded on their YouTube.
>>
>>2763079
I'm not a bjjer, but I am a judoka, so I'm not familiar with the drama, you are talking about. However, they do a video podcast that talks about current grappling headlines without getting into the weeds on ego, endorsements or gear. That's why it appeals to me as a judoka. I'm looking for a photo channel that does the same.
>>
>>2763065
I've added some of his videos to my watch later que. Thanks.
>>
>>2763068
Snapchick and Imogen are straight pandering to gwacs.
>>
>>2763095
and I love it
>>
File: Kai-Wong.jpg (66KB, 851x444px) Image search: [Google]
Kai-Wong.jpg
66KB, 851x444px

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Width851
Image Height444
>>
I've made a few YT vidz...

https://youtu.be/sCi5l7D_tNY

https://youtu.be/_vKDxmAxOIQ
>>
>>2763168
you are legitimately retarded even by 4chans standards.
>>
>>2763084
>ted forbes
Ted is fine. I've got some very useful info from his videos that was difficult to find elsewhere.
>>
>>2763079
Hespect
>>
>>2763175
He is, but he's far from "higher level".
Ted loves hearing himself way too much to be a good youtuber, he's able to talk, but rarely says anything. I still enjoy some of his videos more than the other youtube crap we are used to, but his knowledge is on par with a photography student in his first semester.
>>
>>2763171
That was almost 2 years ago. Wait 'til you see the shit I'm uploading, now... Rolleiflex "review".
>>
>>2763158

Hurr durr, Alamby, I heard she went to Australia etc...
>>
>Gracie Breakdown
>Higher level
Chose one. grappling techniques in MMA are not that high level.
>>
>>2763186
He does talk too much, especially at the start of a video, but it doesn't matter if he's only as good as a student if he has the information that you want.

I've only discovered him recently but he's done a few videos that were very valuable to me. It's no exaggeration to say I could have developed my first roll of film (that I did a few days ago) using only the information in his videos (although a lot of that info is easily available).
>>
>>2763095
>gwacs

what is a gwac?

Google just says it's Government Wide Aquisition program
>>
>>2763228
Guy with a camera
Usually just GWC.
>>
>>2763211
No one said mma dumbass.
>>
>>2763228
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=GWC
>>
>>2763220
He is not a professional photographer but plays one on youtube and sometimes his research is not very good. It depends on what you are looking for. You can learn some basic techniques and see some interviews (if you can stand to see him in every frame).
>>
>>2763168
so funneh xDD u shuld post dat 2 9geg lolol
>>
Is snapchick old enough to be a milf?
>>
>>2762978
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_vyt4YV9xo
gold.
>>
>>2763057
>>2763175
he is the most boring person I've ever seen speaking to a camera. it sucks, cause I kinda like the guy but I could never pass the 2 minute mark in any of his videos. instead of having to watch his face whilst he gives his conference he could do some slideshows or something
>>
>>2763686
I only got halfway through
>>
File: god aweful.jpg (33KB, 546x574px) Image search: [Google]
god aweful.jpg
33KB, 546x574px
>>2763686
>>
>>2763652
>>2763068
is she gay
>>
>>2763242
They do breakdowns on MMA events not on BJJ retard.
>>
>>2762978
> Is there anything out there that discusses at I higher level than entry?
Christopher Frost perhaps? Not the nicest voice, not too entertaining, often just a lot of data about lenses and stuff.
>>
>>2764409
Not that i know of
>>
>>2763088
For people who do it as a hobby?

Not OP but I agree, for example I can watch tons of videos on the rules of thirds, but anything else? nope.
My camera has a setting with lines all over the image, sure I could try and see what works. But some pro helping out would be nice on cold and rainy days.
>>
Anyone got a video where a photographer goes out and explains why he does the things he does?
I want to see what a photographers tries before getting a good shot.

I remember watching froknows doing that but I seriously can't stand him.
>>
>>2763088
>Maybe I'm just some selfish asshole, but why would I want to teach my competition for free on the internet?
If all of your success is only by hiding a few "secrets" (quotation marks because I'm 100% certain that there's nothing you do that isn't detailed somewhere on the internet), then you fucking suck. There's very few fields in which this isn't true, and it's especially true of literally everything in the service sector.

It's entirely your fault if people are out there out working you. There's no magic to it, no secrets. They're just being more willing to put in the work to get the business.

You will literally never succeed if you keep or hold this mentality.
>>
>>2764602
You also don't see this mentality much in successful people. It's people who are already hoarding the talent they don't have, because they DO believe that there's some secret out there that will help them be successful (because if the answer is hard work, practice, creativity, or people skills, they're fucked)
>>
>>2762978
>That one weeklyimogen video that keeps showing up under 'Watch it Again'
Fapped so much to that, wasn't even imogen
>>
File: crapshot.jpg (38KB, 901x598px) Image search: [Google]
crapshot.jpg
38KB, 901x598px
>>2763088
developers are oversaturated but i still find work thanks to my skill.

are you not a skilled photographer?

I literally only photo for fun, yet a friend paid me $200 to help him shoot a weeding.

There will be a time where you need help, and the only help that will be available is untrained, do you really want that burden?

PS: have a non edited shitty shot from said event
PSS: we got so many good photos from them holding up the certificate, try to make that a priority during a weeding shoot.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
PhotographerMichael Champagne
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>2764727
Do you have an edited shot of that?
>>
>>2764730
No, had to nuke a bunch of images thanks to shit software.

Notice theres some bizzare grain/color issue in the photo, mostly noticeable towards the bottom.

working on getting lightroom so i can work with these meme sony raw images.
>>
>>2764732
>sony
My condolences to you.
>>
>>2764735
This thing never gave me an issue till i started shooting raw

turns out it was the dynamic range optimizer in "image data converter" fucking everything to hell and back.

other than that this thing is amazing, my friend had a 5100 fall off a drone about 100ft up didnt break the body nor the kit lens, pretty damn impressed with this little bugger.
>>
>>2764746
pay no attention to asshats like that. just keep getting out there and shooting.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.