[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First paid wedding shoot anxiety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_2016-02-07-00-29-01-1.png (705KB, 1079x641px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-07-00-29-01-1.png
705KB, 1079x641px
Hey /p/haggots. So I'm going to get paid to shoot a wedding for the first time tomorrow and I am very nervous. How did you handle that shit?
>>
File: _DSC3078.jpg (443KB, 618x1000px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC3078.jpg
443KB, 618x1000px
Dont sweat it too much, they are all really nerve wracking the first time. Just make sure you get to know everyone a little before the business gets going, itll relax everyone, always remember that a laughing smile is 2000X better than a forced/posed smile

During my 3rd wedding, the ceremony was held 45 miles out of town int he middle of no where, and i got lost trying to read directions and was 2 hours late to the party. I arrived in my loud ass lemon car literally seconds away from the kissing of the bride, and i thought the big redneck groom was gonna kick my ass

long story shot, i got the most important picture, and 2 hours later, when everyone was drunk and partying, they all relaxed again and i could take the photos i wanted

pic related was from that wedding

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D7000
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern866
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1080
Image Height1747
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2015:02:20 20:18:00
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/1.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width618
Image Height1000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2762662
>out of focus
>underexposed
>oversaturated
>fake and gay lighting setup
manwithnervousfacetugscollar.jpg
>>
>>2762693
the best part is the client probably loved it
>>
>>2762693
>>2762701
like i said, 3rd wedding, and i was 2 hours late, did you expect an astoundingly beautiful photo?

and yeah, luckily she did like it, cause i hate how out of focus it is, she didnt wanna sit still for the shot she asked forf
>>
Have never shot a wedding, but the most important thing is focus on the bride, as long as she and her mother looks good, they wont care about anything else.

This is the brain of the women, i have taken a lot of pictures that i say i can use because someone else is blinking, or making a funny face, and women dont care, they dont look at pictures they look at themselves.

Take a couple of funny pictures for the guy and thats it, he will be happy.
>>
>>2762736

>i hate how out of focus it is, she didnt wanna sit still for the shot she asked forf

You can blame your client for a lot of things going wrong but you can't blame them for you taking an OOF photo.
>>
File: citizensapplaude.gif (189KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
citizensapplaude.gif
189KB, 320x240px
>>2762738
100 Quality Post m8
It actually makes sense
>>
>>2762662
That hand placement is garbage
>>
>>2762693
I'm looking for a wedding photographer (I can't take pictures of myself)

99% of the photos out there look exactly like that.

I'm gonna have to rig up a friggin tripod.
>>
>>2762738
>Have never shot a wedding, but the most important thing is focus on the bride, as long as she and her mother looks good, they wont care about anything else.

this, kek

also >>2762662
>Dont sweat it too much

it's a fucking wedding, it'll look ugly everytime until you become really good at it

in mean while, make sure of taking good pictures of the bride and her mother
>>
File: 41buP4GVRSL.jpg (30KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
41buP4GVRSL.jpg
30KB, 500x333px
were you going for the harsh snoot look?
>>
>>2763138
linked to
>>2762662
>>
>>2762957
>Have never shot a wedding, but the most important thing is focus on the bride, as long as she and her mother looks good, they wont care about anything else.

Holy fuck this nails it
>>
>>2762662
how can you miss focus this bad with a DSLR?
>>
>>2763964
He was probably trying to focus on the center of the dress to be sure it was in focus, but in low light (before the flash) there's no contrast there to lock on.
>>
What do you guys who shoot weddings charge? I thought about giving it a try since I've been asked a few times but have no idea how much is a good offer
>>
>>2762657
you will fuck up and ruin the most important day of some innocent people's life.

congratulations
>>
>>2764087

Nigga the divorce rate is like 65%. Don't be a drama queen.
>>
Having actually done this, let me suggest that once you know how to make very good photographs, you show up early and have total equipment redundancy.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.