[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have the cheaper version of these hybrid mitten/gloves but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1211428_300_2-450x450.jpg (29KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1211428_300_2-450x450.jpg
29KB, 450x450px
I have the cheaper version of these hybrid mitten/gloves but I was wondering:

What are the loops for? The ones above the middle two fingers on the glove part. What is their utility?
>>
putting your wolverine blades for CQC
>>
>>680674
I don't know what CQC is but the one thing I was thinking is that in an instance where you needed all of your digits for a bit you could pull these off and loop the loops over your middle digits while you did other things. They'd be attached to you but still accesible.
>>
>>680675
I mean, the gloves would be upside down but still attached to your hands.
>>
>>680675
>CQC
Oh, the Care Quality Control commision. I'm an Amerifat so we don't have that. I'd still like to know what they're for.
>>
>>680675
This seems correct to me, you can easily remove each glove without using your whole hand to pull and remove it, plus you can carry on with it (or both)attached to your other hand and so not drop it or have to stow it before continuing with what you are doing. They would flop backwards over the rear of your hand and sliding the loops to the base of your fingers would put the glove largely out of the way of your grip. You can even remove both at the same time by putting one hand upside down. I would suppose in moments where wasted time could be life or death its worth having.
>>
>>680687
Damnit, I wanted the intentional utility to blow my mind! Not just what I thought of. I'm gonna email Sealskinz to find out.
>>
Those loops are just to pull the glitten off your hand easily.
>>
>>680712
This.

When you pull off a normal glove, you grav the tip of a finger and pull.

With those, if the mitten part is pulled back, then you have nothing to grab.

So they gave you loops.

Problem solved.
>>
>>680675
No, he meant Wolverine blades for Close Quarters Combat (CQC).
>>
>>680712
>>680723
This is the correct answer

>>680674
this is the answer I wish was correct
>>
hey, could someone send me a link me to a website, or at least tell me what I should look up to find gloves like those. It would be useful if I could swap between finger and fingerless gloves. thanks
>>
>>680848
http://www.sealskinz.com/US/gloves/outdoor-sports-mitten-olive
>>
>>680673
what is the name of the cheaper version you have? where did you buy them?
>>
>>680712
>>680723
These are correct. Sealskinz customer service got back to me and confirmed it.

>>681718
I found them on EbayUK. I'm in the states but even with shipping and conversion they were only like $20. I think the shop was just trying to liquidate some old supply. You might have to really dig to find the cheaper ones anymore as I think they were an older model. They also use velcro instead of magnets to hold stuff in place though.
>>
Ive had glomits or whatever you want to call them but find a fingerless glove with a mitten on strings worked alot better for me personally.
>>
>>680680
Close Quarter Combat
>>
>>680969
thanks
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.