[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gloves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 91YTSAiVxkL._SL1500_.jpg (257KB, 1500x1003px) Image search: [Google]
91YTSAiVxkL._SL1500_.jpg
257KB, 1500x1003px
I figured this isn't a /k/ thing so i came over to /out/ to get your opinion. I want an innawoods gloves, that is affordable (20$ or less) but i've come to a cross road
What glove is the best /out/ glove in terms of dexterity and the ability to do precise tasks whilst still wearing said glove, while also still being able to protect your hands from the elements?
>>
I use Ironclad Heavy's.
>>
File: 834144.jpg (20KB, 440x421px) Image search: [Google]
834144.jpg
20KB, 440x421px
This is out of your price range (80 dollars and up), but the Marmot Randonnee glove is the best cold weather glove I've ever used that still has good dexterity. I've tried on tons.

But if you live somewhere with warmer winters you don't need something that good.
>>
>>675729
I live in Michigan so the winter's can get pretty hectic here. I've had gloves like those for winter before, but they had literally froze on me! The rubber grips and outer layer had frozen over the day of me using them.
Had to hang them over the fire just to thaw at the end of the night.
Have you had any experiences like that with the Marmot's?
>>
>>675730
No, I've never had an experience like that, and I've been out in -12 degree weather with them for a full day at a time.

Do you mean ice formed on the outside, or the rubber froze stiff? Rubber seems like a poor material for a cold weather glove because it stiffens as it gets cold.

These gloves are made of a waterproof synthetic with a soft but sturdy hairsheep leather on the palm and fingers.
>>
>>675725
Just get a couple pairs of garden gloves. If I can use them to pull a full propane tank up a two storey building with a slippery, wet rope, you won't need to worry about grip with them.
They're crap at insulation against cold and wet. But having them is better than not. And since they're dirt cheap, you can carry multiple pairs. And get a pair of cheap finger mittens for an in-glove for cold days.
>>
>>675726
How resistant are they? I really like the aesthetics of them.
>>
>>675725
Mittens. Wear them while walking, still be able to hold walking stick or trail carry a rifle. When you need to do a precise task, take the mittens off for a few minutes for perfect dexterity and put them back on when you are done. They are 100x warmer than gloves. If you require gloves expecting that you will need to fire on a moment's notice while hiking, go back to /k/. If you are talking in terms of insulated work gloves for wood processing, maybe flannel lined leather?
>>
>>676066
>this
I wear liner gloves inside of mittens too for more versitality
>>
File: gloves.jpg (986KB, 1399x1585px) Image search: [Google]
gloves.jpg
986KB, 1399x1585px
Love the Mechanix Gloves, whenever /out/ I always have them on. Not very warm though and take forever to dry if they get wet. The Carhartt gloves are my cold weather glove, loose a lot of dexterity but not as much as mittens. I really need a middle of the road glove for when its cold but not to cold. Want to try out them PIG gloves but they are 42 bucks vs 14 for the Mechanix.

Also wanna try a pair of trigger mittens. They mite be cool
>>
>>675725
Literally any set of cheap neoprene gloves will work for most of the year, If you want warmth, then a set of thin wool glove liners with a set of cheap water resistant trigger mitts over it.
>>
>>676066
Mittens are definitely the warmest, no question there. I greatly prefer having that on-demand dexterity of gloves though. I'm always putting my dog on and off leash, getting a drink of water, pulling out my camera, etc. Mittens start to frustrate me.
>>
>>675945
Resistant to what? I can grab a devils club and not get stabbed. That's mainly why I use them.
>>
>>676383
I guess I should have used the word tough to wear
>>
I picked up a pair of "blizzard" work gloves at the Home Depot in Lewiston ID a few weeks ago. They areleather-palmed, reinforced all theway around the end sections of the index, middle, and thumb, and they're lined with Thinsulate.

These things rock. Gloves usu just stop my hands from getting colder, but these i could feel allowing my hands to actually warm up.

They were about $20 IIRC.
>>
I heard the only gloves that will effectively heat your hands are leather so maybe a pair of British army n.i. gloves (?)
>>
Depends on what you need them for. If you're doing heavy work like chopping wood you'll want a sturdy leather, if you want to be able to fit your finger through a trigger guard or fine work like whittling you'll want a driving glove (lamb skin with cashmere is perfect). Either way, find a waterproof breathable mitten that fits over the top of the gloves for extra warmth. Its all about the layers.
>>
>>677232
>blizzard" work gloves
$9.98 at Home Depot right now, none at my local but I have to go near 1 that has 23 pairs tomorrow.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.