[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tax Return Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: 0811041scb-1r.jpg (117KB, 714x535px) Image search: [Google]
0811041scb-1r.jpg
117KB, 714x535px
I saw a similar thread on /k/. Anyone have any plans for their tax returns? Any gear you are hoping to buy? Saving for a certain trip? I am probably going to buy a suunto core watch and maybe some decent carhartt work clothes for the summer. The rest I will save in general and for school related.
>>
>>674728

>2016

>Paying taxes

Go buy some climbing rope to hang yourself
>>
>>674728
Well I wasn't going to get anything but that's a cool watch.

I just got a new hammock, so that was my purchase. Going to use my return to pay off some of my mortgage.
>>
planning on getting getting a double hammock and spending the rest on the gear to get my happy ass innawoods for a while, sort out my head
>>
>>674934
I recommend a Dutchware Netless 11ft hammock, in Hexon 1.6 fabric. I have one, and blows other commercially made "double" hammocks away.

Double just means it's really wide usually. Too wide. There's just a bunch of useless extra material. Couple that with the fact that most commercial hammocks are way too short, and you have a bad hammock.The Dutchware hammock is hand made by a company that knows what makes a good hammock.

Get a structural ridgeline, 2 continuous loops, and a suspension of your choice, and you've got a hammock so mucheck better than an ENO, for about the same price.
>>
>>674728
Instead of buying gear, I'm going to rent a car and go somewhere to backpack
>>
>>674728
Arktis Smock, B221 is my plan.
>>
File: WW193013.jpg (19KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
WW193013.jpg
19KB, 380x380px
>>674728
Pig disgusting taste tbqh pharmacy
>>
>>675007

Likewise chum.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>675007

Casio is master race for tacticlol watches.
>>
>>674728
have the Suunto core all black. Really cool watch and satisfied with it. But I got a small crack in it 12 months after purchase, which isn't surprising considering I put it trough A LOT of stress. Cold weather down to -30, swimming, mud, rocks, rains, etc.

I'm still a bit on the g-shock side tho, or I might get a pro trek since my work can give me one for "free".
>>
>>675131
Thanks for the advice, and i will take a look at g shock. However the main reason i want the suunto is i can prodeal it through one of my jobs for 50% off. Otherwise I would probablyl have the g shock in the picture. Im curious though, what do you think actually caused the crack if not all of the above?
>>
>>674973
Any idea where?
>>
>>675130
Does G shock have altimeter-barometer-compass? are they accurate? My other reason for wanting the suunto is that I have a hunch they will have better customer service should it need service in years to come.
>>
File: a-brief-guide.png (178KB, 1190x883px) Image search: [Google]
a-brief-guide.png
178KB, 1190x883px
>>674728
Going on a trip to Southeast Asia in monsoon season and fucking my girlfriend in every hotel we stay in, possibly in an abandoned temple or two as well. May Kek guard me from the wrath of lesser gods.
>>
>All these poorfags actually getting taxes back
>>
>>675519
Ho Rainforest, 100 mile wilderness, or, if it's really big, Na Pali coast
>>
>>674728
/k/ related, I guess. But I'm getting a Smith and Wesson 27 and an elcan spectredr scope with my quarterly bonus.

Tax return... maybe a 1km capable rifle. If I tack on some extra money, for that 338 lapua And a good scope.

Most of my /out/ adventures are semi /k/ related.
>>
>>675523

Yes and no. If you need measuring tools of any kind always buy specific things.

Also you're kidding, right?

Suunto has shit-tier service.

G-shocks dont need service at all. Also they have a warranty, buy from an official retailer.
>>
>>675574
>Not using creative tax management to get your money back
>>
>>675131

If it still has warranty, you can send it to the factory and they'll replace it free of charge. That's what they did to me.
>>
>>674745
what do you do for work?
>>
>>675965

NEET doesn't count as a job.
>>
>>675743
Wasnt kidding, so thanks for the clarification
>>
>>674728
My fiance and I are going on a trip to the Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, Tennessee area to visit the Great Smoky Mountains National Park for our honeymoon this May. We're stopping at Mammoth Cave in Kentucky as well. I'm pretty ecstatic for it.
>>
>>676059
If you plan on going hiking swing by the NOC in Gatlinburg. It's the local outfitter. .. my home away from home.
>>
>>676059
>>676059
Nice! My gf and i backpack in the smokies every summer. Gatlinburg is nice, i can only spend a day before im sick of the shops and tourism but gf always loves it im sure your fiance will. My family is from the nc side of smokies, they live across fontana lake/tuckaseegee river from the park. Bryson city nc, has some good food and access to more remote areas of park. Stop at the big knife shope in seveirville tn near the exit from interstate. Skip pigeon forge unless you have a bunch of fat children with you for some reason.
>>
>>676080
Do you work at noc?
>>
>>676059
Skip that touristy shit. There are better mountain towns.

>>676080
The River Right restaurant next to the NOC is actually pretty great, good place to stop for lunch/dinner.
>>
>>675523
Protip:
Get a PRG-270. It looks less chunky and tacticool as a G-Shock, it's very tough, costs less, and has all those features. Once I calibrated my compass and barometer, they stay calibrated for months (at least), and the altimeter is reasonably accurate but requires calibration more frequently. The PRG-270 also has a solar face, so the batteries barely need changing.
>>
New snowmobile time for me ...
>>
File: 14540941248241465603677.jpg (1007KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
14540941248241465603677.jpg
1007KB, 1520x2688px
I'm considering getting a G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-3, currently have a suunto core all black. Anyone have any experience with it? Pros and cons?
>>
>>676555

I know it doesn't matter that much but i wish the bezel on my core didn't go to shit like that.
>>
>>676558
Yeah agreed. I love the suunto tho, works really well at night and in general. But I'm a big fan of g-shock, and I really like the rangeman, functionality, waterproof down to 200m, g-shock, the color is nice and I love the negative. Many people dont like the black background, light numbers, but I lile it, works better at night in my opinion.
>>
Probably going to finish off my pack with the last large purchase I need... a bear canister and a few other small buys I need ( mug, collapsible container, etc)
>>
File: i68lFPRl.jpg (81KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
i68lFPRl.jpg
81KB, 640x480px
I spent my tax return before I even got it, on a kayak. Then I spent several hundred more on paddle/pfd/roof cradles and all the other stuff I needed.

Took it /out/ for the first time on Monday, and it was all totally worth it.
>>
No need for bumps here, but Im considering buying some new scarpa boots and a some nice insoles.
>>
>>676659
Nice Mazduh. Here's mine. I'm getting started on /out/ifying it, today.
>>
>>676723
What are you going to add to it?

>>676264
Op back again, and thanks for all the tips guys. I just filed and have a few weeks, so ill be checking out more reviews of the watches u guys suggested
>>
>>676103
Indeed I do.
>>
File: IYcLf.jpg (60KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
IYcLf.jpg
60KB, 600x333px
>>675890
>working
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.