[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
What are some /out/ activities that I can...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 3425478934.jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3425478934.jpg
9 KB, 275x183
What are some /out/ activities that I can partake in while at college in an urban area? Campus and the surrounding area has very little green space so I'm kinda out of luck.
>>
Make yourself an indoor garden then take care of your plants. It's very calming and peaceful .
Also a great idea to plant some air cleansing plants like snakes tongue , pot mums or bamboo palm .
>>
>>673470

Urban exploration after hours is always fun. Just beware of Pakis, Arabs,security guards and gangster niggers who will try to bother you .
>>
>>673475
good idea thank you
>>
>>673470
My son started as a freshman last fall on a city campus. He has found a few places to fish within walking / bicycle distance that surprised me. Mostly in rivers but I think he found some quarry ponds next to a freeway that were pretty good.
>>
>>673470
where are you going? does it have any /out/ clubs or classes you can take? what's your transportation situation?
>>
>>673470
Dig foxholes around your campus.
>>
>>673478
This, when I can't make the time for overnight trips and longer hikes I usually urbex. There is a lot of stuff to explore around where I go to school, even though they are starting to revamp some of it to improve the city. I also go to a large university so there is a lot to do just around campus, even if it isn't abandoned and spoopy.
>>
>>673470
Urban freerunning/parkour.
College campuses themselves are usually good for this too.
>>
Depends on the city. I got into bicycle touring when I was at uni. 0-2 times a month I'd start riding when I got out of class on Friday afternoon and get back Sunday evening after covering 120-200 miles or so. My campus was adjacent to lots of /out/ areas, but I'd get at least 40 miles away before I set up camp.

Pick is from my very first tour. I got to see some nice stuff on that trip, and it opened me up to worlds of opportunity.
>>
>>675444

Dude, where'd you go to uni? Because that's a nice ass view.
>>
>>676182
Oregon State. There's plenty of /out/ nearby, but the pic is from Green Peter Lake, ~50 miles away.

This is from a different trip near Cougar Dam, 50 miles further south.

My point was that biking can give you the range to get /out/ even if you live in a city.
>>
>>673470
Drink lots of beer.

Honestly, you are better off going to college in a larger urban city than some fuck-all corn town. Unless you were at a smaller school in Wisconsin or some shit where the "outdoors" are 1/2mi off of campus.

I went to a Big 10 school that was in a typical college town in the middle of cornfields and it was god-awful. Transferred to a school in a large city and it was so much better. At this point in my life, I would probably be down to go to one of those schools in Wisconsin or the U.P. in Michigan where there are lakes and wilderness right outside the dorms.
>>
File: DSC_0070.jpg (2 MB, 5000x620) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DSC_0070.jpg
2 MB, 5000x620
>>676193
And one more from an area a bit further away (on the moon) I visited on Memorial Day weekend.
>>
>>673470
Like the other guy said, going to college in a real city is then greatest.

My school had, and many others have, a Mountain Club, which owned a lodge in the mountains of New Hampshire and ran vans out there every weekend. Loads of guys used that lodge and transit as a base for backpacking trips and the presidential traverse. People climb at indoor gyms and arrange trips to climb outdoors when the weather's good. I managed to go fishing in an urban river to good effect. People sailed in the bay, skiid Nordic at a dank track nearby and downhilled a mere 45 minute trip from campus.

I had a whole plan for how I was going to hunt the New Hampshire deer season by flying in to Manchester and storing a rifle up there, but never got around to doing so.
>>
See if your college has any outdoor clubs like camping, hiking, or even geology
>>
>>676201
New England has so many tremendous college areas both urban and rural.
>>
>>677528
Good advice, my university had a fishing club.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
Thread DB ID: 495166

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at wtabusse@gmail.com with the post's information.