[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have a large collection of survival information?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: YXPFhim.gif (981KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
YXPFhim.gif
981KB, 500x475px
Does anyone have a large collection of survival information? Like a mega-pack torrent? What's the best way for a sheltered retard to consume as much information as possible about outdoor survival?
>>
>>670575

Don't torrent anything. Start by going on short range overnight camping trips and day hikes.

If you do what you're thinking of you're going to end up buying a tonne of shit and never using it.
>>
>>670583
>end up buying a tonne of shit

I'm looking for an education, not a shopping list.
>>
>>670584
>I'm looking for an education
Then go /out/ as the other guy said.

To what end do you want that information? Just to masturbate to survival/bug out fantasies? Or do you actually want to get out?
>>
>>670584
"Survival" has a lot to do with the environment and the circumstances of your situation. So expirience is better than kit or book-knowledge.
>I would know what to do if I got lost in a winter forrest and need to make it trough the cold night.
>I'd be lost in a hot dry climate
>>
I second OP request. It would be nice if some of you could suggest some basic reading material like the Foxfire Magazine or Camping and woodcraft by Horace Kephart.
>>
>>670584

Day hikes. Go.
>>
>>670588
>>670575
I can refer you to the /k/ommando mega pack that has a lot of survival resources if you deselect the gun stuff from the torrent. Also you can find other information like first aid and defensive shelters, trenches, camo.

murdercube (dot) com
>>
I know it's not what basement dwelling 4channers want.... but go to a bookstore and get a survival guide. They have all kinds of awesome info, and since it's not electronic, you can take it with you if you're going somewhere that survival could be a possibility.
>>
>>670575
https://kat.cr/when-the-shtf-survival-for-2015-vol-15-717-encyclopedia-s-of-everthing-mega-pack-t10447060.html

This and the rest of the "When The SHTF" stuff on kat.cr Just select what you need.
>>
File: fucking shit you don't download.png (25KB, 918x319px) Image search: [Google]
fucking shit you don't download.png
25KB, 918x319px
>>671301
Oh yeah, make damn sure you go through each of the torrents for "When The SHTF" and 'don't download" the ones that are just batshit crazy filler horseshit like in this image.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.