[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could be homeless soon, recommend some gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

I recently lost my job and have 4,000 in the bank. I want to live in the woods for a while so I don't waste all my money on rent. I also want a new job. What type of gear should I get?

I have:

4 Piece US Modular Military Sleep System
Rain jacket
Polartec 300 fleese milsurp
Water resistant fleece with Merino wool lining
Merino wool thermal leggings
Merino wool socks
Quick dry underwear
Soloman Quest 2 boots
Trail running shoes
Blackhawk tacical pants
Tru Spec pants
Carhartt Force Base thermal top
550 cordage

That's about it.

I want;
Husqvarna hatchet and axe

Need advice on tent.

I would love to get a hot tent not so much because I'm afraid of the cold, but because it would be nice to be able to read on those long boring days. What is a good hot tent. Price don't really matter I guess. It will be a months rent price for something that will last a decade, right? I would also like to get a cot or something to get up off the ground. They have some good ones at gander mtn. What is the best thermally reflective sleep mat? Do I need an air mat since I'm a side sleeper? I'm not worried about the weight of this shit because I can take it out to the woods bit by bit once I find a spot with the help of google maps.
>>
File: Bear-Grylls.jpg (191KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bear-Grylls.jpg
191KB, 1280x720px
I thought about getting a pack but they seem awful expensive for something that I won't really need because I'm setting up a forward base. So I'll just get one of those camo duffel bags from gander mtn. But maybe i'll get a cheap alice pack or something. what are good packs in that price range?
>>
I should also note that I'm from the northeastern united states of freedom.
>>
>>670501
>I don't waste all my money on rent
Do yourself a favor and find some friends or family to move in with. You won't be able to find a job when you smell like shit and are developing trench foot. You have enough money to rent a place for a few months anyway, what the fuck?
>hot tent
No such thing, you need a good sleeping bag.
>last a decade
lol not if you expect to make it your home for that long

Most people who go live in the woods take a hell of a lot longer to get back on their feet, if ever. Go stay at a homeless shelter and apply for jobs. Don't be a try hard anon, we believe in you. I believe in you.
>>
Do you have private land you're allowed to put this on? Don't count on being able to do this somewhere and not be found. You will be found sooner than you expect, and be kicked out, maybe even have your stuff confiscated and face legal charges.

Just apologize to your parents and move in with them.
>>
Shit Grylls, I knew your show wasn't on the air anymore, but going homeless? That's a sad fate. What have you been spending all your money on, hookers and urine?

>>670514
>Don't count on being able to do this somewhere and not be found. You will be found sooner than you expect, and be kicked out,
What about federal forest land where dispersed camping is allowed? Seems like if you moved around every so often you would be able to plausibly claim that you were fairly exercising your rights and not violating any rules (assuming OP isn't going to start poaching or anything)
>>
File: bear grylls dindu encounter.jpg (135KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
bear grylls dindu encounter.jpg
135KB, 620x372px
My parents are dead.

I'm not sure i'll get found because I'm surrounded by niggers who have no appreciation for natural beauty. I've never once seen other people footprints in the now or mud in the area I want to go to.
>>
File: P437283-1-1_bear-grylls-2.jpg (42KB, 440x270px) Image search: [Google]
P437283-1-1_bear-grylls-2.jpg
42KB, 440x270px
I won't stink because I'll have a gym membership and will keep myself clean there.

I don't want to stay at a homeless shelter because those things are miserable. I hate people and being around homeless weirdos will just crush my soul, whereas living in the woods will be like therapy for the soul.
>>
>>670501
what will you eat?
also get a gun, being homeless is being a prime target for bully.
people will fuck up your stuff when you leave or even beat you up or dose you with gas and lit your ass up.
>>
>>670501

Get yourself a small knife or multitool that cuts well and ditch the Hatchet.

Just to be safe, get some blankets.

Dont buy anything at first. try to live with what you have and decide from there.

Check out public fountains or move to a place where drinking water is free.

Always look for a job daily.

Spend all that money in food primarily

DONT EVER buy alcohol or any drugs

If you can avoid it, stay away from illegal jobs , whichever they are, unless it's easy grunt stuff.
>>
>>670534
Buy a cheap conceable handgun and about 150 rounds. Idk if you will be able to hunt with it because it will draw attention to you. Fish or set traps and get cookware, axe is a must also a compass or some type of navigation. Get a travel backpack and some mre's. Make sure your somewhat close to a fresh water source.
>>
>>670501
>want to live in the woods for a while so I don't waste all my money on rent
I've run down to zero 3 times because of this reason.
>>
>>670530
I have to recheck the regulations but you can stay 10-14 days in one spot and then you have to move. You cannot return to any spot within one calendar year.

>>670572
Aside from looking for a job daily (if that is what you are trying to get away from for a while), this is good advice.

>>670670
You won't need 150 rounds. You aren't fighting a war. Get a 6 shot revolver and 18 rounds (two reloads) if you just want something for defense. And make sure you carry that shit legally. If a game warden comes up and asks you what you are doing and finds out you are concealing illegally you are 100% fucked. If you want to use it to hunt get a .22 or an HMR rifle that is collapsible. These can be had for under $250, especially if you get it used. They are very cheap on ammo and can take small game like squirrels and birds if you are good. Make sure you have a hunting license, it is $30 in most states and a lot cheaper than poaching charges.

>>670501
When you say a 'while', what do you mean?
>>
>>670501
Tldr.

Stopped at $4000 in bank.

So fuck you. Buy a Toyonta Chinook camper truck/rv.

Bingo! No more homeless, place to stow your gear, dinner table, cozy for runaway grrls, cross stateline, opps, The Mann Act!

> hardly enforced any more.

Get a cute puppy, just for the chicks. Wjich will leave you and the dog.

And then knowing that in 9-15 yrs you will have to put a bullet in it's head and bury it by hand. Remember you will have to look at that shovel for the rest of your life.

Might as well die now. I suggest bridge.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1452870854140.jpg (62KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1452870854140.jpg
62KB, 960x540px
>>670501
I've given thorough thought to this situation throughout my life.

I know its not exactly the woods, but have you thought about getting a membership to a 24 hour gym?
>Shower
>Personal locker
>Place to change/wash up
>Sauna
>Pool
>Exercise equiptment
>Yoga rooms to power nap in (if you don't want to sleep in your car)
>Hot bitches err day

You'd be able to love there pretty much indefinitely with 4k in the bank, along with ability to afford food, and clean up before job interviews/work.

God speed, Anon.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.