[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Innawoods hide/out/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 39

File: cache 4.jpg (252KB, 757x629px) Image search: [Google]
cache 4.jpg
252KB, 757x629px
Hey /out/ !
I own a small patch of forest and I'm planning on staying there for a week this spring.
I recently watched a documentary on a french regiment (13 RDP, you can get it on netflix the tv show is called "l'insider") and it got me thinking.
These guys dig hideouts and stay there for 2 weeks doing military intelligence and stuff, so I would like to do the same for shit'n'giggles, and because I'll have a week worth of time to kill. What would /out/ bring ?

The basics I have gathered for the moment are
shovel/pickaxe/small axe/saw/plastic liner.

For accomodation I have a small lake less than a mile away, I can get water there and I'll bring along 7 days of food, tent, sleeping pad, tarp, and pretty much everything to build a small shelter and basecamp, I don't intend on living in the hideout, just want to build it.
>>
What I'd do is bring you think you'd need and wing it. If you forgot something you need, try to make it. Making things would add some fun and experience anyways.

Bring a notepad and paper and try to keep track of what you used and how much. If you used something once, or never used it, consider not bringing it for next time (unless it's something like a first aid kit. You catch my drift?)

Depending on your environment, you may not need things that others would. Watch for things such as weather conditions, wildlife and plants (not too big an issue with plants).

Worst case, you can always head on home. Just be safe and let someone know where you are going and how long you plan to be gone for. If able, even try to check in once or twice in the week.
>>
>>669871
Stagnant water are not safe. I recomand a mix of boiling and filtering.

You are going to learn how to dig if you want to do the same. I am not joking. Diging a mouse hole is one thing, digging a shelter that can house a hand of people for days, with a roof that cannot be seen is something else.

Do you even know how to build a roof over you head without leaving axed trees?
>>
>>669871
I think of something. Why don't you make stealth camping instead? The fells will be real.
>>
File: img_1414406013.jpg (137KB, 465x700px) Image search: [Google]
img_1414406013.jpg
137KB, 465x700px
>>669898
Thanks for the advise, I'll probably go there with a friend and cell coverage is good, it's not deep innawods, there's a small town less than 3 miles away.

>>669934
Yeah, that'll also be a field test of my gear, I'm planning on buying a MSR filter, haven't chose yet between sweetwater or miniworks.
I already dug big holes in that forest, we played airsoft there 5 or 6 years ago and we had fox holes and small trenches. Not as deep as this hide ( 5 ft approx ), but that took some work. I don't intend to dig that cache in an hour, especially if i'm alone or with a friend, but I think 5 days should cover it.
what do you mean axed trees ? Like no sign that you cut trees nearby ?

>>669938
yeah, I will try to conceal the basecamp with camo tarps, work during the day but if I have to get water or leave the cover of woods, I'll try to do that at night.

Will bump with pics from the regiment.
>>
>>669965
>Like no sign that you cut trees nearby ?
Yes, and no pile of mud near your hole.
>>
>>669871
I read somewhere that the technique behind digging this type of holes was top secret. Made me laugh
>>
File: 16.jpg (601KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
601KB, 2048x1365px
>>670715
I think I have the trees technique figured out (the documentary was quite usefull), but the pile of dug mud is quite a mistery. Don't know if I'll have to spread it all around me or something.

>>670737
Those guys seem to have a hard-on for mistery and secrecy. Par of the job to think like that I guess.
>>
>>669871
No local sources of food to catch/gather?
Not saying don't bring your own food but you should aim to use as little of it as possible.
>>
File: 5.jpg (11KB, 454x256px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
11KB, 454x256px
>>670779
I've seen some rabbits and I know there are hunters around, so there should be game, but for now I don't have a hunting permit. I may try to get it done until then. I was also planning to test different foods while I'm out, I have MRE, french and UK combat rations, and I want to try dehydrated food.
Also, I don't know shit about plants/shrooms and everything. Might be a good opportunity to take pictures in order to identify what's available there.
>>
>>670801
Invest in an edible wild plant book, they should not be more than 10 dollars.

I did this in national forest land. I was chased out by a militia group doing forest training.
>>
File: 17.jpg (17KB, 720x287px) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
17KB, 720x287px
>>671467
good idea, as far as I can remember its thick bramble branches bushes, but I could find interesting things.
I don't think militias would be a problem, it's not remote enough, but hunters is a small concern. Don't want to end up with buckshot in my ass...
>>
>>671579
I can green text the entire experience and it was scary being chased by redneck with assault rifles. They were shooting at me and chased me for about 10 miles. It was unprovoked too. I wanted to do a STALKER Challenge with my AK-47 and camp out for a week.
>>
>>671599
not OP but please green text i wanrt to hear this story.
>>
>>671604
> camping in Wisconsin on National Forest Land
> doing a semi stalker challenge
> want to spend a week
> do a little varmint hunting and fishing
> build a shelter and stay for a week
> take AK-47 w/ 3 30 round mags and 1 40 round
> also take Browning Hi-Power w/ 2 13 round mags
> in my pack is a Henry AR-7 for small game
> 100 rounds of ammo
> trek for 12 miles before camp next to a stream
> spend the 1st day getting to know the area
> find a small lake

> next day I go check out the lake some more and see tents, trucks and people on the other side
> channel my inner stalker and observe from about 100 yards away from there camp
> take notes of faces and routines
> go back to camp and decide not to set up my tent incase I have to bug out
> build my shelter and even dug out a fox hole for added space for the shelter
> I go out and hunt for rabbits and squirrels
> bag 2 squirrels
> I am at camp and just got done eating and cleaning up when I hear voices
> GTFO
> fall back to a hill not farm from my camp
> can hear "I heard the gun shots over hear"
> 6 guys in camo show up
> root around my camp
> "Someone was just here! Coals are still hot."
> they process to destroy my shelter
> one guy hangs up a note on a tree
> they leave
> I spend the rest of the day on the hill incase they are watching
> distant between my camp and there is 2 miles
> go around and do a wide circle checking for a look out
> gone
> note reads "Don't fuck with us or we'll kill you."
> I thought about just leaving right then and there but /k/ would call me a pussy
> no I must go full STALKER.
>>
File: 2_rh_capteur_s.jpg (23KB, 378x283px) Image search: [Google]
2_rh_capteur_s.jpg
23KB, 378x283px
>>671625
holy shit, please tell me your full stalker experience. That's creepier than skinwalker shit !
>>
>>671625
> day 4
> So I relocate myself 3 miles away from there camp in a cedar thicket on the edge of a bog
> the way to there camp and mine is just a easy walk fallowing a hill on a deer trail
> I reach the outskirts of the militia camp
> spend the morning staying out of sight but in ear shot
> the talk of the town is they destroyed some vagrant's camp
> some of the guys think they should do patrols and try and find the vagrant
> they don't want me to fuck with them, but they can fuck with me, ok game on motherfucker
> After gathering more intelligence I scout locations for a little fun
> they want to test there militia skills, wish granted
> around 9pm that night
> 1/4 of a miles from there camp
> fire off 5 rounds from my Ak into the air
> flashlights everywhere
> whole camp in on high alert
> run away giggling like a retard back to camp
> they spend the better part of 3 hours trying to find me before fucking off back to their camp
> Around 3am day 5
> fire off 5 more shots, this time on the other side of the camp
> this time they had centuries posted
> I am only carrying my Ak
> I can sprint like a rabbit
> this time I hear gun shots
> lots of gunshots
> oh fuck they are firing at me
> alright this is getting to dangerous
> run back to my camp and hunker down
> 10 am, day 5
> after a little breakfast of baked beans and check the camp one last time
> militia is on DEFCON 1
> roaming patrols
> fox holes every 1/8 of a mile
> one last job one last prank
> I let them be on edge for the day while I slept and got well rested for my final surprise attack
>>
File: 1449629143298.jpg (86KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1449629143298.jpg
86KB, 640x512px
>>671632
Oh god pls finish the story
>>
>>671627
I understand fully how it feels to be Vietcong, simple person by day, warrior by night.

> so it's dusk on my 6th day
> militia is shitting bricks thinking they are being stalked by a nutjob with a rifle
> I am packed up and ready to make my final escape, but not before fucking with these guys one last time
> I stash my gear on the logging trail that they used to get to there camp
> I go into where some of there vehicles are parked
> amazingly they are unprotected
> go to vehicle after vehicle and deflate the driver side front tire
> as one final fuck you I put the same note they left for me on the windshield wiper of one of the trucks
> I run off back to my stuff and leave

> later that day I am at a gas station fueling up fro my return home
> several cars pull up
> some guys in camo, others in regular cloths
> all with spares on there cars and filling the air of there tires.
> I laugh all the way home
> best camping trip ever
>>
File: mfw it ate my soul.jpg (254KB, 897x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mfw it ate my soul.jpg
254KB, 897x1200px
>>671625
>>671632
>>671640
Some people must believe in skinwalker with guns now.
>>
>>671625
>>671632
>>671640

10/10 would Stalker with.
>>
>>671640
>>671632
>>671625
What a bunch of assholes. So they were just gonna hunt down some random dude who was camping and shooting near them on public land, under the assumption he was homeless and therefore fair game? I would've been tempted to do worse to them.
>>
>>671632
Can someone compile these posts? I'd like to save them. Kek'd beyond belief, brother.
>>
File: thingsthatneverhappened.jpg (47KB, 325x488px) Image search: [Google]
thingsthatneverhappened.jpg
47KB, 325x488px
>>671625
>>671632
>>671640
>>
File: 15.jpg (47KB, 455x500px) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
47KB, 455x500px
>>671625
>>671632
>>671640

Holy shit, that was intense ! I totally get the " game on " feeling you must have had, but I think I would have bailed when they opened on you. God those guys are paranoid as fuck and easy to fuck with !

I think i'll be packing something for my trip, even if there's a almost zero chance to encounter anyone. Worst case scenario, a poacher in the night, but nowhere close as angry militia !
>>
food depends on if you want to cook or eat dry.
MRE's are good if you don't eat them all the time but can run up to $8 each which i mean you can survive on one a day if you aren't running around a lot or hiking more than 3 mile. Drink lots of water, i personally would use asawyer mini water filter, you can get an in line filter and cut it into a water bladder hose which makes it the easiest thing you can get. just scoop water into it and it's ready to drink. unless you plan on going through rock ditch the pick axe. you're doing this for fun and survival so try building a fighting hole and a spider hole (look up directions on both). never sleep in the same place more than two nights, never enter your camp through the same direction. pack your trash out with you. if you wanna cook good and cheap try protein bars ,energy bars, peanut butter, tortillas, peanuts, summer sausage, honey, and the such. If cooking try pasta & rice sides, instant potatoes, rice and ramen. try to pack as light as possible so you can maneuver better
>>
>>671724
This story made me afraid of the land of freedom.
>>
File: Rambo-first-blood.jpg (58KB, 560x350px) Image search: [Google]
Rambo-first-blood.jpg
58KB, 560x350px
staler/skinwalker here again I wanted to check back maybe answer some questions

>>671724
Based on how jumpy they are they night think it was some Government Agent, poacher or illegal alien

http://www.constitution.org/mil/wi/mil_uswi.htm

These might be the guy who hunted me. They have an active facebook page. I have given serious thoughts of infiltrated there ranks and spreading wild rumors.

>>671743
They shot in every direction, not just at me. They had no idea where I was or who I was. Only I was just as well armed and well supplied at they were.

>>671785
This is the only time I ever had anything like this happen to me. I mean what are the chances a militia group decides to do there weekend excursion in of all places.
>>
File: 0.jpg (175KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
175KB, 800x532px
>>671758
I don't mind cooking, and I'm not going there in a survival spirit, it will more be a live test of different foods, any idea is welcomed on what to pack !

>>671983
Yeah, I got that part, not sure if they were trying to scare you or what, but knowing they were looking for you and using their guns is not a combo I would be happy with !
>>
>>671983
I live on the mn wi border.if you ever need a battle buddy I'm always game
>>
>>669871
This is probably going to sound weird/stupid, but when I was a little kid and in bed well before I wanted to be or I couldn't sleep I would bundle myself in my comforter and pretend to be some "secret recon guy" hiding in a hill or like a forest debris pile spying on people/ enemy camps. Id just stay buried under the covers until I fell asleep. Surprised I didn't suffocate myself, or maybe that's why I ended up falling asleep.
>>
>>672249
Meant to add, I essentially imagined myself as the guy in >>672123 picture.
>>
I am wondering.. How do they pee/poop if they can't get out / move?
>>
File: 12.jpg (174KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
174KB, 800x600px
>>672293
they can get out, I guess they do exit at night and with great precaution. If they stay up to 15 days, it might be hard to manage not to pee. Not taking a dump in that period of time can happen (did happen to me during a military training), but I'm not sure it's very sustainable....

>>672253
>>672249
yeah, did the same after I watched enemy at the gates. Falling asleep like comrade vassili zaitsev is best !
>>
>>672364
Its cool knowing this is something people do. I had no idea and thought it just be cool to dig in a hill and watch bad guys do stuff.
>>
File: 2.jpg (76KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
76KB, 800x400px
>>672524
I don't know if a lot of soldiers around the globe do that, or if it's just a french thing, but it's pretty badass....
I really want to know how hard it is to dig that observation post, hide it and eveything. Thank god I won't dig that hole after a 15 miles hike with their120 pounds bag on my back in the middle of the night !
>>
>>672168
I'm a bit of a loner when camping. But I really want to do another stalker challenge. Maybe Detroit.

But I think a camp/out/ in Wisconsin would be fun. Just form camps, have team challenges, try and outdo the other.

>>672123
I think it was just trying to scare me off, but after threatening my life with that note I thought of the worst case scenario if they caught me and what trumped up story they would tell the authorities if they killed me in "self defense".
>>
File: Hogan.png (28KB, 400x249px) Image search: [Google]
Hogan.png
28KB, 400x249px
>>672653
Yeah its unreal! Its too bad they had to gloss over how they built it in the show because of the group's "trade secrets". I could see it being made in a similar spirit to pic related.
>>
>>673064
That pic is awesome, I've been thinking about building something like that for awhile, I might get the chance to do it in about two weeks, I'm expecting to take a week to build it and I'll build it only will tools I'll carry to the location, I won't bring any building materials, well, maybe some nails, since those are light to carry. It won't be as well hid as that one but I'll build it into a hill by digging and then covering the top to hide it and add insulation. It will be mainly built out of eucalyptus because that's what I have, it if lasts at least a year or two then I'll be happy with the shelter. I've never tried anything more than a temporary shelter so it will be a cool way to test my skills and ingenuity, I'll make a shelter thread when I get back from innawoods with some pics.
>>
>>673075
m80 it's gonna take more than a week just to dig that out. it's a nightmare and not for the faint of balls.

and it's probably gonna be full of big rocks and shit and you're gon' die. also you have to make considerations so that it all drains properly and you don't get flooded-out but as long as you're digging level into a hillside it's not rocket surgery

i've had this book for like 20 years (Shelters Shacks & Shanties, by D.C. Beard) and I've lusted over the hillside hogan shelter the whole time... never successfully made one.
>>
>>673075
If you make it buy some Plastic sheeting (Its called "Vapor Barrier" where I am) To do the hill slope side so if it rains you don't get water flowing into it. Also check out

>http://www.undergroundhousing.com/

Its supposed to be a pretty good source for building into hill slopes. I've never done it before though. You may be able to find a PDF of the book.

>>673079
I've got that book too, I remember another design similar to that one but for flat ground, ill see if i can find it.
>>
File: Pirates Cave.png (152KB, 448x222px) Image search: [Google]
Pirates Cave.png
152KB, 448x222px
>>673082
I found it!
>>673075
>>673079

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/digging-a-pirates-cave/
>>
File: Greentext(1).jpg (604KB, 960x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Greentext(1).jpg
604KB, 960x1800px
>>671728
http://i.imgur.com/rpUeolR.jpg compiled
>>
File: shimney.png (20KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
shimney.png
20KB, 700x500px
>>673086
i tried to make one of these twice in my life. i live in new england and you literally can't get one shovel load of dirt. every time to stick it to the earth CLANK you hit a rock. some of them you can dig around and eventually pull out, some of them end-up being a ton or worse, ledgerock. you just can't do it without a backhoe, not in my parts anyway. then there's the problem with the thing filling up with water before you're even done digging. shit i would love to have secret little underground living place like that. i toyed with the idea of using a hollow tree as a chimney to make it even harder to spot.

thanks for the link!
>>
File: Hole.jpg (3MB, 2368x3200px) Image search: [Google]
Hole.jpg
3MB, 2368x3200px
>>673095
I'm happy I found the actual article. Rocks suck for digging I spent a summer digging basement waterproofing. Patience and a pick will get you along way but its slow working if its by hand.
>>
File: backhoe-loader.jpg (362KB, 1026x483px) Image search: [Google]
backhoe-loader.jpg
362KB, 1026x483px
>>673100
>digging basement waterproofing
ugh fuck that shit!
>>
File: HATE.gif (212KB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
HATE.gif
212KB, 525x525px
>>673106
>We'll get a backhoe tomorrow!

and then once we had dug enough

>No point getting a backhoe now, your almost done and by the way the hole needs to be 5 feet from the wall not 4 like it says in the drawings.
>>
>>673108
>>
>>671640
im wisconsin, happen to be same guy that asked the other night whereabouts are you based? and what forest? was it Nicolet?
>>
>>673115
Chequamegon.
>>
>>673233
I'm from the Fox Valley Area.
>>
>>671625
>>671632
>>671640

Shit that never happened.
>>
File: Untitled.png (49KB, 400x249px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
49KB, 400x249px
>>673064
A friendly advice.
>>
File: caae1c5826ee34d9.jpg (225KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
caae1c5826ee34d9.jpg
225KB, 1000x667px
>>673089
i just love the /k/-mindset
>>
>>673368
Don't care, funny stuff.
>>
File: lei av dritten din.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
lei av dritten din.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>673089
>they had centuries posted
Am I to understand he's talking about sentries?
>>
>>673553
>>673519
>>
>>673394
so is that a window? It's not a pillbox anon
>>
File: 18.jpg (35KB, 510x340px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
35KB, 510x340px
OP here,
I'm happy to see posted some ideas for the design !
I'll try to post some ideas for the design I'm thinking of, but I'll keep it very simple.
BTW, I've read somewhere that a "heat trap" was a good idea to include. Do you guys have any idea what it could be ? I'm guessing it's a wall separating the entry from the "living" part of the cache. Maybe it's a square hole under the hatch so the cold air gets trapped there ?

Anyways, thanks for the advices, keep them coming !
>>
I'm by no means trained or anything so take what I say with a pinch of salt but a very quick shelter I use everytime I go out fits the bill of what you are looking for.
Anyone that knows their stuff will see right through it but for a 30 minute shelter that will stop the average joe seeing you this is the way to go.

-Find a tree that has fallen over
-go to the hole left by roots
-chuck big sticks and other deadfall across the hole
-cover in leaves and twigs

a basic one will take no more than an hour, be relatively hidden and pretty waterproof
>>
File: qwtwewr.jpg (184KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
qwtwewr.jpg
184KB, 717x960px
>>673661
6 months later it's a little worse for wear but shows the structure a bit better
>>
>>673583
OP, any way for you to share that movie?
>>
File: 19.jpg (27KB, 510x340px) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
27KB, 510x340px
>>673661
>>673665
That's pretty much what i'll go for as a basis my basecamp for the week. The cache will hopefully be completly underground in a way you can't tell the difference from the ground.

>>673759
yup, here it is on mega :
https://mega.nz/#!rYBi3RZD
encryption key : !rbTXS1RzhqKejreQ2PR-pMUqcKY10UYS-ZraC6FYjqs

The doc is in french, but I know it's also on netflix, probably with english subtitles
>>
>>673765
I'm watching through the show on Netflix, and it has English subtitles. Is pretty good, the host has experience but physically he isn't very appropriate for all the shit he tries out, though it gets across how tough it is I guess.
>>
>>672249
I thought I was the only one anon :) You made me remember my childhood and smile. Thnx.
>>
File: 1393730301777.jpg (138KB, 1000x813px) Image search: [Google]
1393730301777.jpg
138KB, 1000x813px
If only I owned some land, I'd bury one of these.
>>
File: img_1414405804.jpg (263KB, 940x625px) Image search: [Google]
img_1414405804.jpg
263KB, 940x625px
>>673792
Yeah, the guy has knowledge on martial arts and he's both a movie advisor and an actor, but he's noway close as the guys he's portraying. He knows it but still tries as far as his capabilities lead them, but he's not pretending to be badass or anything. Plus I like his style !

>>674388
the logistics behind a fallout project with premade concrete blocks seem pretty huge. I think it would be easier to use shipping container as a basis
>>
>>674455
I agree, normally if someone isn't suited to what they're doing and act like a goof it can get annoying but he did as much as he could and tried what he couldn't and was serious when it was called for with the odd bit of humor thrown in and usually at his own expense, which makes him a great host for the show.
>>
>>669871
Thanks for the show, mate, didn't knew it.
Are you french? Where do you go innawood?

French reservist here.

>>671640
damn dude
>>
File: 1.jpg (90KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
90KB, 720x480px
>>674563
exactly, it's kinda cool to see that he actually teaches the guys a few moves ( apparently there are 2 of his moves that are used by the swat team he visited in the us )

>>674596
yup, I'm french, how is the reservist's life nowadays ? I was in the rhp's reserve a few years ago
>>
File: 6.jpg (60KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
60KB, 800x532px
>>674596
>>674673
sorry OP here, I forgot to answer your question, I'm in the south west and my land is there too
>>
>>674673
The sparring parts where some of the best because you could see that was where he excelled.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (149KB, 328x400px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
149KB, 328x400px
>>673075
>>673082

enjoy: https://filetea.me/t1sYF2UxhrpRUaBlQxS62YPPg

pic related
>>
>>674693
shit, use this link instead... my bad:
https://file.io/fmlyZg
>>
>>674693
>>674695
k I'm retarded... third time:
https://infotomb.com/ywv3h.pdf
>>
>>674693
>>674695
>>674696
Thanks! It supposedly has some really good pointers on waterproofing and such which is why i recommended it.
>>
>>674704
np... I haven't read the book yet, but I've watched some vids on youtube and he seems to know what he's talking about... He still lives in the second house he built in the 70's for $500
>>
>>674455
>easier to use shipping container as a basis

Yeah those aren't made to support dirt.
If you bury one it collapses and it's not pretty...
>>
File: 21.jpg (26KB, 282x270px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
26KB, 282x270px
>>674837
yeah, I can imagine, but as a basic layout and a few support beams welded on the inside + insulation, I could see this work. Plus I'm not sure simple concrete would sustain any shock without cracking and/or breaking.

Quick update :
I received my MSR waterfilter, I really like the fact that it includes a pump. I plan on using a load hauling frame like on pic related to get water in soft jerrycan and in a solar shower ( I like having some confort ) at the lake with the waterfilter, then go back to my camp, and treat the water with micropur. I drink a lot of water every day ( approx 3 liters a day), so if I'm hard working all day long, I might use that filter a lot !

also pic related is the main bag I'll have, not planning on hiking with it, but store all my things in it. Room won't be a problem....
>>
>>675063
If you dug the hole, laid concrete slab down, put the container in, and >slowly< poured concrete into the gap between the container and the dirt, one foot at a time, it would work ok.

Or if you used cinderblocks or bricks to build walls around it first, then poured concrete around that.

You'd only need to reinforce the roof then. You could use a layer of railway sleepers if they were long enough to overlap the wall or poured concrete wall, or logs, I-beams or similar, then add a layer of waterproofing and pour more concrete over the top, again in one-foot layers.
>>
>>675144
Forgot to explain- you let one foot-deep layer become solid before pouring the next.
>>
> 2 weeks in a hole for shits and giggles cuz military does it

Sure, go dig a pit, lay down. Get your shitty dehydrated food and stare in one direction for the next 2 weeks. See how fun that fucking is. After the first 12 hours I already want to kill myself.
>>
>>673394
That black line in the back is that so the wall doesn't collapse?
>>
>>675543
Assuming the back wall is not shored up, yeah that makes sense.
>>
>>675652
Ah I see, thank you, learned something new today.
>>
>>674673
It's not bad. I'm in the 24e RI ( Composed entirely of reservist ), it's quite cool.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
These pictures may help, from a book I have
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>676110
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>676111
>>
>>676110
>>676111
>>676117
I have that same book somewhere. Called "Combat", isn't it?
>>
>>676347
Yeah, by Len Cacutt. Pretty good
>>
>>673064
And they're dog-friendly!
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.