[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being a nomad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (394KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
394KB, 1280x960px
I want to have a really reliable fashionable jacket with a large knife and all the essential, traveling around the world doing odd jobs and meeting new people. I want to be able to live on my own in the wilderness, as well as urban situations. I have 12000 USD in student loans I should be getting soon. I plan to emulate bad ass assassin with a "seen it all and I'm cool as fuck" attitude. Help me spend my money, so I can fufill this impulsive fantasy. pic unrelated
>>
File: (YOU).gif (3MB, 360x249px) Image search: [Google]
(YOU).gif
3MB, 360x249px
>>669756

>Using student loans for something other than college or trade school

$12,000 will take an eternity to pay back working at McDonald's, stay in school or get a job
>>
File: fkccYpS.png (591KB, 675x888px) Image search: [Google]
fkccYpS.png
591KB, 675x888px
Sturdy backpack-200
Sleeping bag-150
Himalayan Imports kukri chiruwa ang khola-250
Gerber fire starter-5
Long underwear-30
Gorka 4 bars-100
Tarp-10
Smith and Wesson sd9ve-460
100 rounds hollowpoint 9mm-35
Delton AR15-600
300 rounds .223 Remington-80
First aid kit-50
Flashlight-20
Batteries-10
Sawyer mini-100
Nilakka folding knife-160
Toilet paper-5
Baby wipes-10
Mountain house meals-60
Cooking pan-10
Water-2
Being a huge faggot-priceless
>>
You don't understand though, I dont want to be stuck in the cycle of birth in death. I want to live forever in the sanctity of my mind through meditation and self discovery.
>>
>>669756
>I want to have a really reliable fashionable jacket
>I plan to emulate bad ass assassin with a "seen it all and I'm cool as fuck" attitude

sage
>>
File: download (6).jpg (8KB, 194x145px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
8KB, 194x145px
>>
>>669756
>I plan to emulate bad ass assassin with a "seen it all and I'm cool as fuck" attitude
That is so fucking lame.
>>
>>669756
>>669761

Sounds like you have schizoid tendencies. Or you're just a giant faggot troll.

If you're in actuality legit, firstly, kek, secondly, you're like what 18? Stay in school its' only a few years, then you'll have something you could do anywhere in the world. Your current plan, or lack thereof, is a daydream and not a very lucid one at that.
>>
>>669756
How did you manage to rack up student loans when you are still in high school OP?
>>
File: 1451786367292.jpg (33KB, 680x414px) Image search: [Google]
1451786367292.jpg
33KB, 680x414px
>OP
>>
>>669761
so get off the fucking internet, sell all your shit, and live as an ascetic, meditating all day erry day.

There are literally no prerequisites for this.
>>
>>669756
Your post makes me want to beat you up and steal your lunch money
>>
>>669761
>I dont want to be stuck in the cycle of birth in death
Are your legs OK?
>>
>>669756
1) well for starters you sound delusional, good luck finding a job/work because you probably come off as an autistic shitbox. the phrase "bad ass assassin" is a dead giveaway.

2) you look like you haven't spent a god damn day outdoors in your life, good luck with camping and shit because you're going to be woefully unprepared.

3) you look like you're about 15, stay in school and finish your fucking education

4) Kill yourself, for the love of god
>>
>>669756
Ok listen OP, Buddy, Friend,
Don't do this. Reasons?
Your fantasy is just that, hard to swallow I know but shit mate, everyone else is the competition and if there was an easy way out most of us would be taking it, stay in school, do college and THEN get a steady job and experience for a few years, 26 comes sooner than you think and these years play a big part in defining the rest of your life. I know your type, I used to be like you...kinda, but I was lucky enough to have friends who had discipline and gave me the right advice. They were right, doing all that shit first is important, aside from the early twenties being defining years of a young man, its also the years where you will learn many many life lessons, your gonna need these if you wanna be a nomad, it sucks to admit it and hard to accept but you need to suck some metaphorical dick before you can live your life to the fullest extent, look at me, I had a shitload of cash when I got out of highschool due to inheritance, and then it all got wiped away doing the stupid shit your talking about, it goes fast and 12g wont get you far living the way your talking about, after this all happened I put down the foot and told myself Im gonna have to just deal with the shit. Now I've managed to get my shit together and the time goes fast, it really does, so just do it and it will be over, you can still have fun, life doesn't just start being shit, I still do alot of partying and during those years of hard work I managed to get in a weekly chance to let off steam and get wasted on all sorts of drugs or whatever way I chose to relax.

Point is, stay in school, get experience, pay attention because theres lessons to learn between the lines of everything. look closer at everything.

Good luck mate, don't get cocky, it will fucking blow up in your face, believe me.
>>
>>670927
OP could rob a store run away and never come back. thats what he plans on doing anyways, he will never get caught.
>>
>>670927
This is the best most sincere advice on this thread. Probably on all of 4chan. Also I concur. I used to dream of just taking off when I was around your age (I'm almost 30 now). Luckily I had a long term girlfriend at the time who kept me grounded where I was. After a few years of nonstop partying after high school, I got bored of being a burnout and decided to get my shit together. I went to college, picked up a trade and got some experience. THEN it was time to travel. Instead of just hitching or bussing I now had a truck and money to buy a little trailer and a good amount of savings. I traveled around Canada, not really going anywhere in particular. This was by far the best times of my life. Met alot of cool people, seen alot of wicked sights. Work came easy and eventually I even found a place to settle (maybe) that is way better in every way compared to where I'm from halfway back across the country.

Point is have some patience. Nomadic life is absolutely awesome like you think it is but you have to do it smart or else your going to end up a cold, wet, hungry bum like the heroin addict who will become your bunkmate in the bus shelter your forced to sleep in.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.