[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Live in Southern Nevada, wanting to get into light trail walking/hiking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Vegas.jpg (74KB, 650x435px) Image search: [Google]
Vegas.jpg
74KB, 650x435px
Live in Southern Nevada, wanting to get into light trail walking/hiking and working my way up as part of fitness and rehabilitation. I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas on where to go, as well as what I might need to bring, etc.
>>
Red Rock is pretty based. Mt. Charleston is nice.

T. Another idiot living in Vegas
>>
Drive through Death Valley and explore the Eastern Sierra
>>
ya sup another native.

red rock, go to blue diamond they got a good bit of red rock around them go further up hit trails and get lost.

charlie got some good shit.

goldstrike canyon is tite during this time, terrible for the summer, but you should know that.

death valley is terrible fuck that place and everything about it.

can't think of anything unless its local hendo bullshit.
>>
>>669192
goldstrike is on your way out to boulder city.

also lake mead, they got paths throughout mining tunnels for the dam.
>>
If you're willing to drive a bit, besides going to Cali, there's always places like Zion in Utah where you can start with easy hikes made for tourists and work your way up to 18 hour overnight hikes that are kind of challenging. I think if you were just starting out you could enjoy yourself.
>>
>>668996
Mt. Charleston is the absolute shit, I remember I loved that place when I used to live in Nevada as a little kid. It was cool because the elevation actually kept it pretty comfortable up there.
>>
>>668996
>>669192
>>669302
So what do I need for red rock or mount Charleston? I'm guessing for a day hike just a backpack with some water and snacks?
>>
>>668976
Red Rocks is a world class destination if you're a climber, and it's right in your backyard. Super Jelly.

Also, there's the Grand Canyon, all the cool stuff in Southern Utah, and Joshua Tree. Eastern Sierras aren't too far away either.
>>
>>669381
not a whole lot of anything. if you want to stay up there for a day day packs and yadda. its honestly just something you go up there smoke some bowls and go back on your merry way.

charlie you got mary jane falls which is another trail that you just wonder off on and nothing is really needed to survive.

i really do recommend goldstrike it has the hot baths that are a+ right now.

out towards AZ over the bridge there is another trail you can take. its almost as soon as you get over the bridge.
>>
>>669462
My lungs can barely handle fresh air, but I will look into those hot baths. Are they overcrowded or anything this time of year though?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.