[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hermit thread? Post/discuss /out/ related hermits. Pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: SittingwHat.jpg (2MB, 3024x3912px) Image search: [Google]
SittingwHat.jpg
2MB, 3024x3912px
Hermit thread? Post/discuss /out/ related hermits. Pic related is the fort Fisher hermit.
>>
>>666774
He went his own way.
>>
http://www.gq.com/story/the-last-true-hermit

Last hermit is best hermit
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 837x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 837x600px
Unabomber
>>
>>666963

Wow.

Other than the fact that he's a thieving bastard, that's breddy cool.
>>
>>666963
That's beautiful, I mean I'd be scared shitless if I lived in a place where a thief had stolen things for decades but you know he was aspie and accepted his inability to interact with others.
>>
>>666774
My town was first settled in 1690 by a rich Bostonian who faced being hanged as a pirate so he headed west and paid the Massachusett Indians to allow him to settle on the land. Indian raids were a big problem in those days but supposedly he showed them how to make wine from the grapes so they coexisted with him. Shortly thereafter people started coming and settling. The fucked up thing is the when the earliest settlers were exploring and surveying the ancient forest that at the time was here, they came upon a fucking white man hermit living in a cave on what is now Carey Hill. He was so rich the indians said he had "ice that would never melt" and yet he lived in a cave alone, evading his sentence. When people started to establish a town they saw him leaving one day, golden walking stick, hired carriage, rich clothes, and he was never seen again. It's become the stuff of local legend, over 300 years later people still want to find his cave (which would be concealed and covered over by now) and there's also a legend of treasure he left buried.

But just imagine what it would be like to be alone on a whole new continent living innacave in an ancient old-growth forest like that. Shit is /out/ and bold as fuck.

thank you for reading my blog entry
>>
>>666963
>yfw there were unintentional homages to him in several games featuring a side quest to find a sasquatch who turns out to be a hermit
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leatherman_(vagabond)
>>
>>667313
I used to live near there. Wish I knew then...
>>
>>666774
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt2AYafET68
Not quite hermit but nonetheless, lonely and remote.
>>
>>668550
Think you woulda found the treasure friend? Right down the street from Hot Dog Annie's
>>
File: St Paul and St Anthony.jpg (368KB, 1100x680px) Image search: [Google]
St Paul and St Anthony.jpg
368KB, 1100x680px
The original H.
>>
File: ScreenClip.jpg (280KB, 1302x803px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenClip.jpg
280KB, 1302x803px
>>666774
True story on the Ft Fisher Hermit - or rather one he is in.
During the Cold War when Kruschev came to the US he was going to go out to talk to the hermit (not sure if he had written him, or if he just heard a lot about him).
Anyway the highway ends about a mile or so from his bunker and you had to traverse a sandy beach/marsh to get there. Kruschev limo got stuck and they were going to leave it on the path and walk the rest of the way.

The sheriff wsa going to get the the car towed as abandoned so they stayed with the car and never met the hermit.

Blue X is the bunker. Not sure which Red X, Kruschev got suck at but was probably the top one
>>
>>666963
not a hermit
>>
>>666971
Even when the last tree falls
There will be fire!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.