[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Surviving a Nuclear Fallout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (104KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 640x360px
hey /out/ this is my first time on this board (yes I'm a newfag don't waste my time with silly shit comments) anyway I'm not exactly what board this would fall under so I was wondering what info you can give me to properly equip myself with gear to survive a nuclear fallout and tips on surviving radiation. I believe in the next year or so Americas probably going to get hit and I plan on making a run for a safe country after world war 3. How should I plan to stay alive in the environment because I may have to walk to South America or some shit
>>
>>665436
>comes to /out/doors
>wants advice for staying indoors
>yes I'm a newfag
>don't waste my time with silly shit comments
Why would any one on this board feel compelled to share research with you when you haven't contributed a thing? Google it, we are not here to be your personal secretaries. Good luck surviving the nuclear holocaust dumb ass.
>>
>>665441
I've already googled a ton of info on surviving nuclear radiation. Non of it is going to help me survive the outdoors.
>>
>>665436
Power armor is your best bet. Traveling mostly at night helps you sneak past the super-mutants (I'd avoid attacking them directly until you level up a few times and manage to find some decent firepower). Keep to high ground, not only does it give you a tactical advantage and a better view, it also helps you avoid the mirelurks. Those bastards are worse than radscorpions. Taking the "animal friends" perk early will keep you safe from Yao Guai.

Good luck and watch out for deathclaws!
>>
>>665436
OP, no offense, but I get the feeling that you're underaged.

The risk of nuclear fallout is first off, very greatly exaggerated. Modern weapons don't give off nearly as much radiation as the ones used to scrap the japs did. Why exactly do you believe that the US is getting hit within the year? Nuclear weapons ever getting used against the US in the forseeable future is nearly impossible.
>>
>>665477
>Nuclear weapons ever getting used against the US in the forseeable future is nearly impossible.
I'm not so sure about that, Russia is getting pretty uppity lately.
>>
File: 54.jpg (103KB, 537x537px) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
103KB, 537x537px
Did any of you guise see When The Wind Blows?

https://youtu.be/ntI-7vR2zRs
>>
>>665479
I'm very sure. Russia knows that using nuclear weapons would be suicide, especially with their sub force in such bad condition.
>>
>>665485
The Soviets knew that, what with being godless communists and all and not believing in an afterlife or victory by divine right. Not so sure about Putin though, he's actively testing NATO and he wants to get Eastern Europe back.

I grew up during the cold war and while it was tense, it was stable. I still felt safer then.
>>
>>665511
Putin isn't an idiot though. He won't do anything he thinks could escalate into a full scale war with the west.
>>
>>665511
Russia throwing their weight around is an old tradition. Most people learn to tune it out eventually.
>>
>>665480
Oh hell no

Im not watching that again

Fuck.
>>
>>665436
Unless you get a large scale full exchange, fallout won't really be too much of an issue, and in that case you'll likely want to be dead than alive.

If you actually researched info on surviving radiation then you would know the various thicknesses of materials needed to block radiation, and if you think you can survive large volume fallout outside a shelter then you are some kind of an idiot.
>>
>>665436
Hide
done.
>>
Potassium iodide, it will protect your thyroid in the short term. Then bug the fuck /out/
>>
>>665436
Potassium iodide. It will protect your thyroid in the short term. Then bug the fuck /out/
>>
>>665436
not going to happen. Useless thread.
>>
>>665477
Op here. Some guy on /x/ claims to have future sight and says USA will be nuked by Middle East in 2017. I just want to be prepared incase. I'm not going all out I just want knowledge on survival that I may have overlooked in my researched
>>
>>665934
>Some guy on /x/ claims to have future sight and says
stopped reading roight there. I mean cheeses fries and chrisps.
>>
>>665934
>Some guy on /x/ claims to have future sight and says USA will be nuked by Middle East in 2017

What, all of the United states nuked by a geopolitical region where the only nuclear power is a close American ally?

Or are you saying that Iran or isis is gonna somehow build thousands of nukes and their launch vehicles to attack the United states?

I'll state what I said up there again: you are some kind of an idiot.

That or this is some decent trolling, in which case 8/10 got me to reply.~
>>
>>665460
/thread
>>
>>665934
> believing anything on /x/
You should get checked for schizophrenia op.
>>
>>665934
A1 stuff there OP.
>>
>yes I'm a newfag
>don't waste my time with silly shit comments

Lurk more you fucking faggot
>>
1. Watch "Threads" (Srs don't skip this)

2. Do research if there are (defunct) fallout shelters in municipal buildings around you
2a. Alternatively, find a deep underground parking garage or similar structure
2b. Learn to dig a expedient fallout shelter using house doors or a car (You need to be aware of current events at all times to be able to start digging in time)

3. Acquire MOPP gear and a geiger counter

4. Acquire and prepare food and water rations that you can transport in your car easily (large plastic bins)

Pray you survive 2 weeks in your shelter, or don't get looted by normies who also try to find shelter in a parking garage or your expedient shelter.
Unless you can feed yourself for at least 2 weeks you gonna die of starvation/dehydration before the radiation sickness kicks in.

You always need to shelter, you can't outrun fallout unless it's a single nuclear bomb instead of an all-out war.
>>
Op here. Why is this thread still in existance?
>>
>>667865
Because it's not /b
and not 2017 yet
>>
>>667865
Because /out/ is not a fast moving board like /b/.

Fuck off, inniefag. Confirmed for troll
>>
>>667139
>Acquire MOPP gear

>Wearing a mopp suit for weeks

I would rather die
>>
>>665934
A single nuclear missile would be much more effective as an EMP than a regular nuke. That's what you should be prepared for, if anything.
>>
>>665934
this bant is pure class OP, keep it coming m8.
>>
>>665477
>Modern weapons don't give off nearly as much radiation
>weapon give off radiation

All the dirt kicked up from the blast becomes radioactive. This is the fallout you need to protect yourself from.

Want to survive? Keep enough plastic & duct tape to seal up your shelter. Turn off HVAC. Satellite internet on a battery source to find out the weather patterns. Drive in the opposite direction after a week or so with your car's vents shut.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>668496
No.
Furthermore, sat internet is not a long term survival plan. I can get weather using a radio and a laptop pretty much anywhere on earth, and I don't need internet.
>>
omg plz let this thread die already
>>
>>668683

...and when there's no radio because everything around you is destroyed?
>>
>>668835
They smoked the NOAA sats and that one russian one?
Also,
>Implying I live near targets.

Now my other question, how does all that dirt just turn radioactive?
>>
>>668844
>heat vaporizes large amounts of earth or water, which is drawn up into the radioactive cloud. This material becomes radioactive when it condenses with fission products and other radiocontaminants that have become neutron-activated

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_fallout
>>
>>668849
Earlier, you said
>Modern weapons don't give off nearly as much radiation
>weapon give off radiation
I assumed you were implying that the dirt became radioactive independent of the weapon.
Just to reiterate, modern nuclear weapons don't give off as much radiation as the ones used on japan do. Fallout wouldn't be your biggest concern.
>>
>mfw /out/ spends all their time worrying about shit like this instead of finding a job
>>
>>668852

Seems if you survive the blast, fallout would be your only concern.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.