[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have this cheap pup tent thats served me well for 2 years now,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1472.jpg (1014KB, 2360x1116px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1472.jpg
1014KB, 2360x1116px
I have this cheap pup tent thats served me well for 2 years now, super light, compact and easy to put up. Looking for a higher quality version of this pup tent that doesn't weight a shit ton but can only find surplus stuff on ebay.
>>
Wiggy?
>>
The highest quality tent you can get is a used coleman off craigslist. These fucking idiots think you should buy an expensive tent are idiots man! Most of the time I just use this tarp I got from harbor freight and since I never needed anything else these faggots who are sitting iside on facebook sure as hell dont/
>>
A nice black label Hilliberg is advised.
>>
>>664576
I just use a bivvy and if it's raining, a tarp.
>>
>>664745
Im in south florida where the mosquitos are fucking terrible, i need something with mesh to keep em out.
>>
>>664749
You build up an immunity to the bites after a while.

>Inb4 West Nile Virus meme. The common cold is more dangerous.
>>
haha, good luck finding anything better

sure that tent must be ugly and cheap as sin, but really, the next level up from that tent will cost you over 300$

that cheap 20$ fucking tent is almost impossible to beat
>>
>>664899
Once you seam seal and waterproof it, yeah
>>
File: IMG_1470.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1470.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>664931
Yeah thats why I like it so much, seam sealed it and water proofed it. Things bullet proof. Just wanted something similar with a bit more creature comforts like zippers instead of tiny strings, being able to access the rear window from the inside instead of having to go outside of the tent. Guess ill take it to a shop and see if they can do those things for me.
>>
>>664753
what?
>>
>>664753
yea serious, fucking what? first off noone cares about infection, the first thing on their mind is how fucking terrifying it is to be bitten by bugs even for a few minutes. bug bites alone are probably in the top 3 non-life threatening demoralizers there are. rather be cold and hungry than fucking warm and fed and getting bit by mosquitoes. fucking immune after a while. fucking common cold
>>
>>664576
North Face Rock 22 or whatever the current equivalent of it is. lots of ventilation, light weight (replace the stakes with lighter ones) and has vestibules. Love mine.
>>
>>664753
I never knew you could build an immunity to your body's histamines. Thanks anon.
>>
>>665031
There are plenty of tents in the ~$200 range. They might weigh a little more, but you'll have those comforts you're seeking. Tents can get like good running shoes- costly, but you get what you pay for.
>>
Man I was in the army for the last 4 years and had the same style backpacking tent and went on numeros long hikes with it and it rocks!. But also consider doing to REI tent sales i picked up a really good back packing tent there cheap and it was twice as light as my other tent.
>>
>>665031
I own this tent, havent taken it out yet but set it up innabackyard

someone on I can't remember where (maybe here) modified theirs to make the rear window open from the inside instead of the outside, you basically just carefully undo the seam and sew in a zipper for the little window flap with the zipper facing inwards. I know it doesn't sound glamorous but supposedly it makes the tent complete the same way seam sealing and waterproofing it does. Ideally you wanna seal the seam again after you sew in the zipper, obviously
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.