[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /out/ have any resources on how to prepare furs and hides

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Tan-Rabbit-Fur-Pelts.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Tan-Rabbit-Fur-Pelts.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
Does /out/ have any resources on how to prepare furs and hides in the wild? Does anyone have any experience with it?
>>
All I know is that you need to stretch it real good, cook the animal's brain, I think with some water, then turn it into a juicy thing and "paint" the inner side of the skin

But im no expert
Try youtube
>>
>>662189
urine not water
>>
>>661912
Two main points:
1) Remove all the bits on the skin.
2) Coat with tannins (brains or acorn water)

I've heard of urine being used to soften the leather, but I don't know anything about the process. I've also heard of smoke tanning, but from what I've seen, it makes for a harder leather.

Please update if you find anything.
>>
>>661912
you can take it to ellis in al-kharid
>>
>>662329
basics of tanning according to partial memory of 4chan....
step one) kill something, shoot something, trap something/kill it when found
step two) immediately field dress it, strip the flesh from the skin, carve that meat and bone out, cook said meat WELL, everything has parasites/bacteria, even store bought meat, cook that shit
Step three) Stretch that skin/fur out on a rack and use a blade to scrap everything off, clean it with urine(preferable dehydrated a bit beforehand/extremely dehydrated wine minus any sugars/etc...)
step four) rub boiled brains/fats into said skin to reintroduce necessary oils to keep that leather/fur from falling apart now/down the line(use what works/brains traditional for a reason, process fats/oils if done right too)
step five) dry,smoke,etc
step six)???
step Seven) you have got leather/fur if left on other side

Now make a jacket/blanket/boots/hat you animal you.......
>>
File: thinkingaboutpiss.jpg (52KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
thinkingaboutpiss.jpg
52KB, 650x366px
>>662190
damn, what a waste.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.