[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the Prepper movement so fucking cringy? Don't get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 44

File: 1443415072506.jpg (102KB, 960x679px) Image search: [Google]
1443415072506.jpg
102KB, 960x679px
Why is the Prepper movement so fucking cringy? Don't get me wrong I'm all about people being ready and have some supplies if anything bad happens, but man, you go to youtube and 90% of the time will be some retard with out of the box gear, dressed like a fucking commando, spelling shit of their mouth.

Anyone feels the same or it's just me being a autistic cunt?
>>
File: 14514154qzdzd45382.jpg (43KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
14514154qzdzd45382.jpg
43KB, 540x540px
>>661271
No, you're right.
A huge marketing has developed around the concept of "survival". Now, a lot of people believe they're in a zombie movie and spend fortunes in "tactical equipment", "ultimate weapon against X", "the ultimate survival bow which shot by himself and brings back the game".
But there are a lot of really good channels on youtube. Just ignore the autistic warriors.
>>
>>661271
Because you're sheltered and aren't used to rural, non-domesticated people. Whenever I watch videos of outdoors enthusiasts that aren't the gun loving red blooded type I think what a low test beta hipster cunt.
>>
Don't forget that it will attract people with legit mental illnesses.
I also see the logic in being somewhat surprised with supplies so I'm not saying every prepper is like that but crazy people are generally also paranoid.
>>
File: autist.jpg (48KB, 600x725px) Image search: [Google]
autist.jpg
48KB, 600x725px
>>661271
I agree. I love the idea of being prepared for things that can and sometimes will happen, but a lot of these fucks take it to a retarded extreme. It's one thing to prepare for natural disasters, riots, emergencies and such in a realistic way, but this zombie-apocalypse-off-the-grid-guv'ment-take-over stuff gets old really quick. I think a lot of it is just marketing.
>>
>>661275
How is a zombie apocalypse even comparable to a government takeover? That's a pretty realistic scenario considering current rhetoric. All it takes is a couple states to secede, then that domino effects half the country to secede and bam we're in civil war 2.0 and martial law if youre unlucky enough to live in the big city states. If that sounds as ridiculous as the dead coming back to life and being invincible you should pick up a history book.
>>
>>661278
For some people the idea is that if you're prepared for the zombies then you're prepared for everything. Zombies are kind of a metaphor for the realistic things that could happen.
Let's say you're prepping for another riot where blacks chimp out, but you don't want people to know that (cause you get accused of racism), so you prep for """""zombies""""" instead.
>>
>>661284
Well that leads to undue association of all "zombie" peppers with racism. I got into for what you said but mainly because it incorporates breakdown of society with a viral/biological emergency. Even nuke preparation is covered since they could use nukes to quell numbers of infected in quarantine areas and you can prepare for nearby fallout.

But indeed you're right about the concept, just some take it too far or *cringe* literally.
>>
>>661284
It is a beautiful metaphor. But I think the majority of them really think about zombies.
>>
>>661285
>that leads to undue association of all "zombie" peppers with racism
well it could also be the government or other things, and you don't want to announce to the world you are prepping against the government and end up on a NSA list
>>
File: redneck_special_forces.jpg (20KB, 447x331px) Image search: [Google]
redneck_special_forces.jpg
20KB, 447x331px
>>661273
>rural, non-domesticated people, gun loving red blooded type.
>>
>>661278

Fuck I'm glad I don't live in the states. You guys actually spend time worrying about this?

There is a lot to be said for living in a cohesive society. The thought of a state succeeding from the Australian Federation is an impossibility, and the potential for civil war is beyond laughable.
>>
File: 1220649800367s.jpg (2KB, 126x106px) Image search: [Google]
1220649800367s.jpg
2KB, 126x106px
>>661278
>Government takeover
>Realistic
>>
>>661308
>yfw the government has already taken over and run the country
some real illuminati shit
>>
>a disease that enhances the human body beyond its physical limitations

That is the most contradictory statement I've ever typed on the Internet and I know people who believe this isn't just possible but inevitable.

It's even more retarded to believe it is possible to hunt and forage for survival. Yellowstone NP is the largest place in the lower 48 that is as resource rich as it once was but you'd die in 20 years from all the chemicals the plants take out of the soil from the seismic activity. Unless you can get to parts of Alaska or the Taiga, you will be relying on your community for survival, not some Hollywood-esque gang of cannibalistic nomads.
>>
>>661317
>you'd die in 20 years
I guess it's better to live an extra 20 years than die straight away
>>
Its equal parts paranoia and materialism. The paranoia is just egged on by conservatives thinking the gubmint is gonna keep taking their land/guns/rights while the materialism is rampant. Its just like, look at all this stuff I bought! I can justify buying all these nifty gadgets and tacticool gear because I'm a prepper. Its really just hoarding.
>>
>>661317
>>661317
Humans limit their physical abilities unconsciously. Your brain limits your muscles ability to contract all the time.
And yes there are diseases which override this artificial limitation. It's quite possible to break your own spine from muscle contraction alone, normally your brain prevents this, but there are diseases which can make this happen.
Anyway, people have hunted, foraged, and farmed for survival for thousands of years so you're fucking wrong and and IDIOT. Fucking candyassgot.
>>
I hear several preppers do it for "peace of mind" which perhaps say more about them than the current state of the world, there are people that just need extraordinary measures to feel safe.
>>
File: 1445104911748.jpg (50KB, 611x404px) Image search: [Google]
1445104911748.jpg
50KB, 611x404px
>>661271
They are all fat too
>having all the most fancy ass equipment
>can't run 5 minutes without dry-heaving
Yea...great, preparing is great but most if these people are just buying nothing more.
Every wondered why bushcraft/survival stuff is so overpriced and bullshit? Because of those middle aged fat americans, nothing against you fit americans but fuck those other guys with their dumb youtube channels
>>
File: th.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>661271
>90% of the time will be some retard with out of the box gear, dressed like a fucking commando
Real preppers are not on Youtube, because prepping is all about low profile.

>>661275
>zombie-apocalypse
People with nothing to lose and ready to kill are more dangerous than any zombie ever. In an average city there's food for about 48 hours, but who's going to distribute that food and why would they even do that? Once the water runs out, everyone is literally dying and ready to do anything to save him/herself..

>>661329
>I hear several preppers do it for "peace of mind"
Spending money for prepping is exactly the same thing as spending money for insurance. Then again dying is not the same as having you car stolen or house burnt down.
>>
My theory on these kinds of people is that as a society things have been so good for us, that we're just bored. People want there to be some kind of apocalyptic situation, because the movies all make it seem so interesting. Like a lot of people are saying, I think survival and planning for disasters is cool, but the second it crosses into "conspiracy theory" territory, and becomes less about "actual shit that could happen" it's just stupid.

As someone currently in the army, I cannot tell you how annoyed I am with civilian operator syndrome. People play too much call of duty and think that an assault rifle and some surplus military gear suddenly makes them some kind of elite soldier. They all talk about how patriotic they are, and how they're the "militia" that's going to defend america, but none of them would ever consider joining the actual military.
>>
>>661377
Unless your in the special forces the military isn't that big a deal. But I do agree that overweight idiots with camo on YouTube are next to useless
>>
>>661377
>People want there to be some kind of apocalyptic situation
This certainly is a part of it, as our lives are boring, but I don't see how this is a bad thing though. It's good, both for the mental state of the "preppers" and the economy.

>civilian operator syndrome
Elite soldiers are normal people. It's the military that has a problem with "civilian operators". Being a part of a club or having any lenght of training does not make an "elite soldier", any better than a civilian.

You said you're in the army right now, good for you.

Being patriotic does not mean you have to join the military. The "actual military" may not be, and probably will not be on the same side with people defending the freedom of America.

Youtube faggots are the worst though.
>>
>>661327

Fuck you man now I'm scared that my brain is going to go mental and snap my spine.
>>
>>661333

Well of course, got to build up those fat stores.
>>
>>661306
No, we don't worry about this. Seriously, we don't. The anon you're replying to is just a fucking idiot.
>all it takes is a few states to secede
>all it takes is a few stated
>all it takes
He says it like it's REALLY that simple. Besides, America doesn't have such vast social differences anymore for states to even consider fighting for what they want in any way but political/diplomatic. Besides, even if they did, the federal government is just way too powerful at this point. There are no state militias ready to wage war on the national guard.
>>
File: Defense.jpg (159KB, 1052x348px) Image search: [Google]
Defense.jpg
159KB, 1052x348px
>>661271
Preppers are fucking IDIOTS because they fail to understand the basic history of human life. Every single solitary "seige" throughout human history ends with the besieged being ransacked and killed.

99.9999999% of Suburban homes are literally incapable of being defended during a seige, which would be the obvious and ultimate conclusion to an 'end of the world ' scenario. Once raider #1023801482304823048 found out you had 15 assault rifles 5000 rounds of ammo and a bunch of food, they would stop at NOTHING to have it, and short of achieving that goal would deny you the pleasure of enjoyingit , and simply burn your house down, or start a nieghboor hood fire a block away that would spread to you

>pic related
1 of these places is designe to survive fire, and full on assault from outside forces. BOTH of these places ultimately were overaken by their agressors.

for example, even if you were keeping me away from your physical yard with gunfire, I could take a Peterbuilt dump truck, point it in the general direction of your house, put a brick on the accelerator and let it smash your house. The truck could have flammable material in the bed. etc.

>fantasy retard preppers would lose their life in record time. Better off being a scavenger in 100% of scenarios.
>>
>>661403
>There are no state militias ready to wage war on the national guard.
By definition the national guard is the state militia.

Militia = Fights for and protects the established government of the state, and the state itself
Rebels/insurgents/secessionists = Fight against the established government of the state

This is why lots of news reporters are being called out for refering to the Oregon occupiers as a "militia".
>>
File: IMAG0376.jpg (3MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0376.jpg
3MB, 2688x1520px
>>661272
This, fucking this. The whole point in being skilled in /out/doorsmanship us that the more skill you have the less gear you need.

The best thing to have is a knowledgeable friend, skills of your own, or a good book like Bushcraft 101 to learn the basics, not shittons of "tactical" gear.
>>
>>661333
If my fellow Americans lived the /out/ lifestyle they espoused they wouldn't be fat.
>>
File: red-dawn.png (2MB, 1156x771px) Image search: [Google]
red-dawn.png
2MB, 1156x771px
>>661412
I think a lot of preppers are planning on abandoning their holmes and hiding in the wilderness like the Spanish Maquis or La Résistance or Armia Krajowa or Red Dawn
>>
>>661412
>they would stop at NOTHING

wouldn't the 15 rifles and 5000 rounds eventually stop the raider ?
>>
When I was a kid, I was a massive spergnerd. Obsessed with robots and LEGO and all that autistic shit. I had this book called "How to Survive a Robot Uprising", which, in case you can't tell obvious jokes, was mostly tongue-in-cheek but had interesting information about the development of robotics and insight into the weaknesses of a lot of automated systems. The other kids, being retarded babychildren, apparently thought this was a serious guide and made fun of me for reading it.

Years later, they've become suburban wannabe hicks, and many of them are that sort of cringeworthy prepper type who actually honestly believes there is going to be a zombie apocalypse.

The point of this anecdote is to show a few things. First, that it starts early. Retarded children become retarded adults. When they're unable to discern obvious tongue-in-cheek writing from serious writing, they're going to grow up unable to discern reality from fantasy. Furthermore, it is to highlight that many of the people in the prepper movement are this kind of retard. It just attracts dumb people who think things like a zombie apocalypse are going to happen, and that level of idiocy leads to them also being unable to understand what good gear actually is.
>>
>>661403
>America doesn't have such vast social differences anymore for states to even consider fighting for what they want in any way but political/diplomatic.
You probably think the civil war was fought over the issue of slavery. Today the social differences are larger than ever, and there are people dying for hunger, more than ever.

Add some random meteorite, comet, volcano or an attack by any foreign nation or just basically any major disaster. Keep telling yourself nothing bad can never happen.
>>
Society today is pretty much survival of the weakest, think of all the special privileges people with shitty genetics get. When shit really hits the fan and we switch back to survival of the fittest most people are going to be royally fucked even if they have a massive stockpile. People these days think letting kids walk to school when its -10c is barbaric, lets see who's really gluten intolerant when food supplies start to dwindle. Once the municipal water supply stops and the power plants shut down people are going to start to die fast even if they're "prepped".
>>
>>661447
>You probably think the civil war was fought over the issue of slavery
you're a dumbbass

https://youtu.be/pcy7qV-BGF4
>>
>>661333
I know a few fat guys that are really knowledgable about outdoors stuff, good hunters and they move around the forest a lot when we hunt. I'm not even American. I agree that good health is always beneficial, but having some extra kilos doesn't necessarily mean they don't go /out/. There's one fat guy we hunt with who is especially active during hunting season and he walks with the dog all over the forest while the rest are waiting in post.
>>
It's more what you are prepping for. Those who prep for zombies or fallout or goverment uprising have a screw loose.

But it's good to prep for things like natural disasters.
>>
>>661278
This is some top tier trolling.
>>
File: geepsss.png (12KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
geepsss.png
12KB, 261x195px
>>661453
>implying a goverment uprising isn't a natural disaster
>>
>>661457
>>661278

What the fuck is a government uprising you fucking retards
>>
>>661451
>you're a dumbbass
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_disability
Is it hot in Tijuana?
>>
>>661452
So they just eat a fuck lot?
I mean I guess, im just sick of seeing those fat 'bushcrafters,survivalists and prepper' first rule for all three should be
>Stay fit and active
Ofcourse there are some guys like your bro but they are definitely the exception
>>
>>661458
a government uprising is something that theoretically happens in a democracy, i/e. a gumbmitt "for and by the people". it's when the established power uses various means to consolidate and galvanize its own position - changing laws, instutions, or precedents to serve its own means. this has to be a multi-pronged effort though, involving mass disinformation and propaganda, censorship, ad hominem attacks on opposing viewpoints, and control of the media. normally the legal and cultural takeover won't be successful by itself, and an armed takeover would be employed to quell opposition. in order to do this, the established power/regime would have to have enough support and money to substantiate, raise, and command loyalty from a new standing army, outside the traditional army or militia. the consolidation of resources and riches to the regime and its supporters is the final essential process in order to accomplish all this.

it's basically the Republican Party platform realized to its final form. It's also not unheard of. The Nazi party overtook Germany with public support garnered from propaganda, attacking individuals and groups instead of policies, demonizing foreigners and jews, and raising a vast private army that it existed outside of the traditional one.

Just sayin though
>>
>>661465
yes, he definitely likes good food
a lot of it
>>
>>661458
LMFAO
>>
File: waco-siege.jpg (302KB, 990x343px) Image search: [Google]
waco-siege.jpg
302KB, 990x343px
>>661438
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege

basically you have no chance what so ever of surviving a seige in modern conflict.

The best "prepper" would be mobile, nomadic survivalists, emphasizing an innocuous, derelict appearance.
>>
File: 1447160276999.jpg (580KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
1447160276999.jpg
580KB, 1024x685px
>>661271
>>661458

but yeah, anyone who fear some sort of "government uprising" to degree of "prepping" needs psychatric help.

There is no "they". The government is impotent white men, menopausal women, and Paul Ryan esq, doofuses with families of their own.

The military are 18-25 year old highschool drop out millenials who are incapable of organized, or independent action.

there is less to fear from the 'government' than ever before.
>>
>>661488
I also would have accepted "There's more of gravy than of grave about the government"
>>
>>661392
The more you think about it the more likely it is to happen.
>>
>>661403
The day real gun control becomes a thing will be the day that the largest civil war in the history of the planet breaks out.
>>
>>661486
There's a significant difference between fighting the government and fighting raiders.

With some decent earthworks, enough guns, and enough ammunition, you can give raiders huge issues.
>>
>>661488

This is what THEY want you to think
>>
>>661271
The thing you need to realize about YouTube, is that it isn't a cross-section of global opinions, it's a popularity contest. The youtubers who do actual research and provide good information tend to not present well, whereas the random idiot spouting nonsense that coincides with popular opinion is more entertaining. This directly affects views and sharing. Same reason "The Kardashians" got a TV show.
>>
>>661635
Ha no. Even outright confiscation wouldn't make people get up off their couches.
>>
>>661636
Not over the long term.

Watch Africe Addio and tell me you could defend a fixed position, over the long term, against that kind of depravity.
>>
>>661665
As much as I want to disagree with you I can't. You're right, maybe a hand full will put up a fight but the majority of Americans are entitled and spoiled.
>>
>>661413
I think the distinction that anon was making is that in the civil war the state militias were under state control. The national guard is under federal control.
>>
>>661447
No. Ideas about gun control do not even come remotely close to the caliber of tension over slavery, as slavery was nearly the entire economy in the southern states. It's just not the same anymore, dude.
>>
>>661689
nevertheless, they aren't lemmings or robots. when the shirt hits the fun loyalties will split and parse
>>
>>661690
>No. Ideas about gun control do not even come remotely close to the caliber of tension over slavery, as slavery was nearly the entire economy in the southern states. It's just not the same anymore, dude.

It won't be over gun control or abortion, those are just whistle words to whip up 90-year-olds into voting republican.

But there are issues that do majorly effect the economies of some states more than others. Immigration. Foreign trade. Environmental regulations. Access to natural resources.

Look at this bullshit in Oregon. Those fuckers want access to the land and its riches and have been denied it.
>>
>>661447
Do you honestly think the civil war was NOT fought over slavery?
>>
>>661637

That is what they want you to think

Seriously it's all more chaotic and random than you think. The law of the jungle still aplies
>>
>>661273
So you venerate manchildren playing with firesticks then?
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>661284
Thanks cunt, now all the "Zombie" shit I see I read as "Nigger"
>>
>>661285
No this needs to be a thing now, we need to spread this around that the "zombie" movement was actually racist at its core, and the prepper culture is some sort of hitler youth type analog.

Now if you'll excuse me im off to pick up some nigger defense rounds in my nigger attack response vehicle.
>>
>>661377
I agree with you for the most part, life is about the struggle. I just hate the sheer lack of attention to detail. People mentally gloss over and are totally ignorant of everything they could be doing now /out/doors . Its interesting though, that they desire something so easy to do, and wish there was some cataclysmic event to *force* them to.
Which is the whole idiocy of the thing, if being /out/ isn't that interesting while they have all their comforts, they're going to be absolutely useless if there ever comes a need for it.
>>
File: 1443670552677.jpg (87KB, 887x960px) Image search: [Google]
1443670552677.jpg
87KB, 887x960px
>>661448
Willpower>Genetics
Also, this is about preppers and cringey gear queers, not a list of eveything you dislike personally
Also, go back to /pol/
>>
>>661666
Satanic trips get.
+1 for Africa Addio, I tip my Icehouse to you sir.
>>
File: suburbia.jpg (158KB, 625x375px) Image search: [Google]
suburbia.jpg
158KB, 625x375px
>>661412
So you go to a suburban neighborhood, and know the exact house that has the preps you want?

It's assumably the only house also occupied in that neighborhood of people sheltering in place?

You then set fire to one of the houses, and wait 20+ hours and hope it gets to the house with the supplies you want in it?

Or better yet! In Armageddon, you find a fucking Peterbuilt dump truck! And it's in my neighborhood, and the roads aren't littered with abandoned cars and other debris, and you have a clear path to my house with enough room to get up to speed to force it through my entire house! And you also know how to drive one, because it's the apocalypse! And you suddenly have explosives you can waste on the house you singled out, and you rig them to your Peterbuilt dump truck, with a trigger to explode, not on impact, but once the Peterbuilt dump truck is in my fucking living room.

Not only do you manage all of this, but you do it without ever getting found out and killed or stopped!

And you also claim to not have prepared for any of this, because preparing is dumb!

And you start this grand tale with the fucking accusation that preppers live in a fairytale land.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-08-21-20-08.png (5MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-08-21-20-08.png
5MB, 1440x2560px
So how many of you /out/Bros actually prep? I know I can't be alone.

>inb4 I don't ever have to shop for multi day /out/ings

>I dont
>>
>>661412
>wholesome people with a shitton to spare cannot recruit people to work for and defend them
>random nignogs and riffraff can somehow band together and take out organized unit that knows the land

People will say anything to keep their normalcy bias
>>
>>661853
Well, Prep H daily, other than that I have some dehydrated and canned foodstuffs, bottled water, water filter, everything I need to keep warm and make a camp (indoors or out), fuel, etc. Nothing too preppy but stuff that's "good to have" for the next blizzard or hurricane or habenin
>>
>>661689
Wrong. The National Guard is under state control unless the governor grants Federal control for a given amount of time.

The commander in chief until Federalized for the National Guard are their respective Governors.
>>
>>661690
>its just not the same issue

You're right. It's a bigger issue. Those who initiated the Civil War were the landed and elite. The average Southerner participated to defend their sacred honor and because their land was getting invaded by the North. The average man did not give a fucking shit about the negro.

Take the modern day example - the violation of the 2nd Amendment. This is soooo much bigger than slavery. It touches the everyday life of the average person in a profound way. Not only that, we have a century of examples showing the oppression that comes after disarmament. The average person believes that your rights are not granted by the decree and generosity of the government, but by the eternal power of God. And while you Fedora tippers will scoff and feel superior, mankind naturally believes in God. When those mortar rounds are thumping, you're praying. That should tell you something.
>>
>>661838
buttmad prepper detected

To be honest I feel like the "preppers" will be some of the first to go, because they seem like the type that wouldn't be very discrete about it. They seem like the crossfitters of the outdoor community, they have absolutely no ability to shut the fuck up about what they do.

In my opinion, it's average every day citizens with a few extra survival skills that would survive better. The prepper sits in his "fortress" with all his supplies and his solid plan, but in a cataclysmic event, do you honestly think that everything will adhere to your preparations? The people who are forced to figure shit out and adapt as quickly as possible will probably have the best chance.
>>
>>661860
dude you must be absolutely shrooming.

>opposite of reality: the post
>>
>>661860
>the violation of the 2nd Amendment. This is soooo much bigger than slavery.

>Having to go through a background check to make sure you aren't a criminal before purchasing a firearm
>literally owning other humans

Now which of those two seems more serious of an issue?

I'm all for owning a gun, and I love shooting, and I am happy knowing that they can run any kind of background check on me and won't find a damn thing. But good god republicans act like owning a gun is on the same level of necessity as drinking water. They could just say "well, we like guns and think they are cool and useful, and we think that if we're responsible there is no reason to take them from us" and most people would find that pretty reasonable. But instead they put on such a melodramatic production about how they are so necessary for the existence of mankind.
>>
>>661412
Since you are being serious I'll chip in.
Realistically the worst that can happen is a riot with mobs terrorizing/killing random people after services are cut during say an earthquake, tsunami, or industrial accident (dam collapse, nuclear reactor failure, chemical release, etc). In this case you should shelter in place for the first 48 hours. If things deteriorate after 48 hours it may be time to flee population centers. Your primary concerns will be your basic food/water/1st aid/vehicle/radio and defense.

Bigger things like siege and war don't happen overnight, in every case tension builds and invasion forces mass at the border, if that starts to happen, just don't be in denial about it and move away.

OK. Let's let everyone get back to fantasizing about zombies, government take overs, and other dreamy nonsense.
>>
>>661306
There is latent secessionist sentiment in Westralia tho.
>>
>>661887

True. But this doesn't really go beyond banter. Can say this with authority as I've lived in both East and West.

The animosity is in large part due to unequal distribution of federal tax revenue. The west is getting a fucking bad deal at the moment. I suspect this will change soon given the state of Western Australia's finances.

Successionist thinking is popular when Western Australia is doing well, which correlates with high metal prices - gold and iron specifically. When things aren't going well it dies down a bit.
>>
>>661860
>The average Southerner participated to defend their sacred honor and because their land was getting invaded by the North. The average man did not give a fucking shit about the negro.
This. The anti-slavery movement was marginal, like Greenpeace is today and it was powerful only amongst the rich. The people in The North didn't like negros any more than the people in the South. Lincoln himself was against freeing slaves.

>>661870
>they can run any kind of background check on me and won't find a damn thing.
It could be browsing 4chan or staying up late indicating you have mental issues. Already today, in other western countries they take your gun away for minor violations, like speeding or being drunk in public.

Background checks and registrations are a small step in a long process of disarming the US. In Europe this process is almost finished. Disarming creates a great inequality between common people and the people in power. Citizens become slaves, literally, and people in power CAN do anything with them, even kill and torture.

Take North Korea for example. You get sent to a concentration camp to be tortured for folding a newspaper. Your kids and their kids etc. will never work in a government position. The question is, why is there no one criticizing and why is this "evil" government never replaced? Just think how long it took the Soviet Union to collapse and how it was not something unevitable, but a result of decades of extremely bad, practically insane leadership.
>>
>>661284
I guess that's true, but some of those preppers pay fortunes on equipment - weapons - safety bunkers and stuff and actually explain they do not have a lot of money left when prepping.
They can't do fun stuff.
They just prepare for something that is probably never going to happen.
It's like paying for the highest insurance for the least probable situation that can happen.
I'm sure lots of those preppers don't even have a proper health insurance.
>>
>>661275
A huge part of it is marketing. The splashy, big publicity part of prepping is like pro wrestling- it's just entertainment for whoever is watching. Throw in some product placement and a few endorsements, all of a sudden you have an industry.

Real prepping is very subtle. Things like never letting the gas gauge fall below half, or always having a month worth of food on hand. Knowing how to do things like repair a roof or hem a pair of pants. Being familiar with plants and animals. And maybe having a shelf of printed reference material on hand.
>>
>>661357
>but who's going to distribute that food and why would they even do that?

FEMA and the NG, possibly with regular mil augmentation. FEMA camps are for when infrastructure is so disrupted that it's not realistic to bring supplies to the residents of an area. The logic being, bring the people to where they can be resupplied. The idea is to keep people alive, in the most basic manner possible. Food, water, shelter, and rudimentary sanitary facilities.

There will also be peace keeping, of a sort. Start shit, expect to get vigorously thumped and locked in a holding pen. The last thing they want is any kind of rabble rousing.

The whole point is to preserve as much of the population as possible.

Something I found out many years ago- every mortician in the US is subject to mobilization if FEMA deems it necessary. Iirc, they would be organized into units of 100 for processing mass casualties as quickly as possible. I found this out when I was looking into some FEMA job openings. The agency had all kinds of good info about how they worked right up on their website. That was in 1999, things have changed a bit since then.
>>
>>661949
>Get sent to concentration camps for no apparent reason.
>Why aren't people standing up for themselves?

Because when it gets that bad, even talking about having rights is a crime, and pretending to be a happy slave is the only way to survive. The US gets a little closer to that every day, but because no one thinks it will happen in their lifetime, they just don't care.
>>
>>661312
>>yfw the government [runs] the country
no fucking way
>>
>>661949
>Makes generalized statement about Europe
>Uses North Korea as an example

You are what is wrong with the prepper movement.
>>
>>661327
Yes Indeed, they have done those things for thousands and thousands of years successfully. But not with the population density that current exists
>>
>>662589
I'm not a prepper. I used NK as an example of a government gone bad. No guns, no democracy. It can take some time, but eventually disarmed people will be ruled by individuals they didn't vote for.

You are what is wrong with American people.
>>
>>661412
>Every single solitary "seige" throughout human history ends with the besieged being ransacked and killed.

Whoa, hang on here man. We built walls for a reason, they worked to repel a large percentage of sieges. I mean, as a species we're not necessarily the brightest, but that is a LOT of work for something that 'never' works.

Walls are only useless now because chemistry is understood so much better these days.

You're right about defenses like that being essentially meaningless in the modern era though.
>>
File: 1447161044216.jpg (509KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1447161044216.jpg
509KB, 1920x1080px
>>662683
The walls may repel physical attack for a great while. A less equipped attacker may have trouble penetrating them. Eventually though, they will fall, or the blockade, or isolation will doom the besieged. In every case, one who sits behind walls, has chosen their coffin, no matter how elaborate.

also, Where one finds a "prepper" or someone sitting on a desireable hoard, if the attack of such a defended position was too costly in life or supply, one would simply aim to destroy or deny the besieged from utilizing their goods, merely out of spite.

A virtual guarantee you will always find more of whatever it is someone had. If this person cost you time, money, life or resource in some kind of stand-off or siege, it would likely boil down into simple revenge, where the attacker "flips the game board over" and burns the homestead or land around it down, the old "fling the plague corpse" so to speak.
>>
>>661838

> And you suddenly have explosives you can waste on the house you singled out, and you rig them to your Peterbuilt dump truck, with a trigger to explode, not on impact, but once the Peterbuilt dump truck is in my fucking living room.

youre seriously stupid. Who ever said anything about explosives? Finding a dump truck, or even a F-350 and filling the bed with bails of hay, then sening that truck through the front of a home on a crash course, would be enough to cause a structure fire in a home. you could saturate the entire bed with hay and gasoline and simply crash it into the home. the smoke and fire would ruin the house in minutes.
>>
File: 1435071241565.jpg (67KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
1435071241565.jpg
67KB, 736x552px
>>661271
because it is the ultimate fantasy of the average American
>>
>>662661
Not other guy but fuck you Americans live in fear. Come down under brah.
>>
>>662758

This pretty much.

It's a military wannabe pose influenced by hollywood films.

Most real military personell even avoid military gear if they can.

There's a famous Green Beret that got discharged for fucking his wife on the mission that always ranted about how the muslim peasant attire is much more adequate for combat because it was way lighter and more comfortable than what Green Berets where issued.

Also most special forces guys wear high end hiking / mountaneering civilian gear instead of tacticool shit.

SF in vietnam carried traditional Buck folding knives

Many soldiers throughout modern history carried hunting knives instead of 3V carbon fiber x-treme operator knives
>>
>>662683
>>662713
>>662722
Y'all know that castles used to be taken by small troops, just by hanging around outside of archers' range, consuming local resources until the castle ran out of reserves, right? They'd just go in at the beginning of harvest season, take everything they could, burn the rest, and wait for everyone in the castle to starve.
>>
>>662805
This. Most issue gear is shit, one exception being the Ames tri fold shovel, it beats every other etool I've ever used.
>>
>>663027
This. The majority of wars are won through supply lines.

Castles are easy to isolate.
>>
>>662805
Can confirm. Worked at the Seattle REI for a number of years, some of my best customers were SF and combat instructors from JBLM.
>>
>>661838
is this picture real?
>>
>>663138
> shovels to live

This could work.
>>
>>664795
Sure is. You've never been in a subdivision? Some of them are so huge you could get lost in them like a maze
>>
>>664800
I thought I have, but after looking at that picture I'd have to reconsider what I call a subdivision.
>>
>>661271
It isn't. But those sensationalist TV shows make damn sure that it is in the public mind.

Where I live, it is a course of survival either for health or comfort. Storms do a lot of damage here and often knock out power for several weeks. Snow storms can snow everyone in for weeks as well.

The people who are more apt to show-and-tell their prepper life style are those who are not right in the head in the first place. That is the very reason they want everyone to see their shit. People who really do know their shit and have legit reasons for prepping rarely tell everyone about it because they don't really think much of it. It's like eating fries instead of mashed potatoes, there's no need to go around telling people about it unless you are a fucking fat ass and have some mental neurosis

Basing your judgements on 1% of the loudest most noticeable part of a demographic is quite a bit of folly

>>661357
>prepping is all about low profile

No, real prepping is about local community. Not global showmanship. It is going to family/neighborial/town meetings and connecting with members via social media such as Facebook. You discuss procedures for dealing with local distastes. Loner preppers are part of the "crazy" demographic.

>Spending money for prepping is exactly the same thing as spending money for insurance.

Incorrect. Proper prepping allows you to use the prepping supplies as part of your normal way of life. Thus your prepping supplies are well used, you know how to use them very effectively, and the food/water is constantly cycled so that it never gets to be years old or something. Prepping should be looked at as a buffer for what you already do and consume. It should not be a complete switch from one way of life to another or one type of food to another.

There's nothing worse than not being able to easily use your hurricane-proof equipment during a hurricane. Especially when all your food turns out to be pretty shitty in the situation you intended it for.
>>
File: Crazy Prepper.jpg (469KB, 860x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Crazy Prepper.jpg
469KB, 860x1044px
You can tell by the crazy fucking replies and crazy fucking hate ITT for "preppers." Shows like "Doomsday Preppers" have done a great disservice to society.

It is to the point that if you have a savings account with lots of money people look at you weird. God forbid you get some extra jugs of water in case the electric goes out and your water well pump doesn't work. Then you are a "fucking crazy prepper".

Most prepping isn't even about major hypothetical/social shit. It's about weather related shit.
>>
>>661787
>bongland poster pic
>Thanks cunt, now all the "Zombie" shit I see I read as "Muslim"

Fixed
>>
File: Mario_Cunning_Plan.jpg (48KB, 279x218px) Image search: [Google]
Mario_Cunning_Plan.jpg
48KB, 279x218px
>>663027
>>663150
>>662722
>Starve out the preppers
>so you can take what the preppers have stocked up
>burn down the prepper house that has all the stuff the preppers stocked up

Hmmmmm......
>>
>>664838
Kek this so much. I asked some of my coworkers if they had or knew someone that had an old rectangular kerosene heater. Most of them just looked at me weird and one woman asked if I was paranoid.
>>
File: 2135_1385480441.jpg (48KB, 600x380px) Image search: [Google]
2135_1385480441.jpg
48KB, 600x380px
>>661273
>rural, non-domesticated people

People like you are why this exists.
>>
>Oklahoma blizzard 2007
>state of emergency
>my boyfriend's friend and his parents are Mormon
>live in smallish town, about 15 minutes from anything except a gas station with an antiquated pump
>we used to make fun of the for stockpiling for the "end times" with generators, guns, water, food
>they end up snowed in for 3 days, and out of power for nearly 3 weeks. Well doesn't work.
>they were pretty comfortable

I mean, I don't live in bumfuck nowhere, and the most I've ever needed was maybe 2-4 gallons and like $30 of dry and canned food. We lost power maybe 3-4 days, and my boyfriend's parents had theirs the whole time.
>>
>>664838
>It is to the point that if you have a savings account with lots of money people look at you weird.

To be fair, savings accounts are useless against inflation. You're better off investing.
>>
>>664851
>electric goes out, can't use baseboard heaters or electric space heaters or hot water
>natural gas meter freezes off due to moisture vapor in the lines, no gas for cook stove or gas furnace/wall heaters or hot water

I have a wood stove as my final backup. There's always something to burn. I use it for food prep and heating. I had a kerosene space heater years ago to heat a room where water pipes would freeze, but everything is weatherized a lot better now. Only the stove is needed if none of the other heating works.

People still teased me at work about being a prepper just over that. God forbid they know I always have 3-4 months of food/water at anyone time.

>>664855
Every year except the past 5 years, I've been snowed in without electric on an average of 11 days each time.

>>664856
Savings accounts are for personal/family emergencies, like medical expenses from accidents, losing your job, transmission in your vehicle dies, etc. A lot of places don't take large sums of cash or cash at all now where I live. Everything is debit card. It is still good to keep a money jar though. Some smaller stores stay open like the local gas station that sells alcohol and do cash when the power is out, but most close.
>>
File: housing-bubble-burst.jpg (13KB, 480x288px) Image search: [Google]
housing-bubble-burst.jpg
13KB, 480x288px
>>664856
>You're better off investing.

Yes goy... I mean, dude! You're much better off letting Wall Street handle your money.
>>
>>661271
because most of the preppers would rather have it happen than not. That way they could justify all that money they spent.
>>
>>664856
The market is a luxury bud. You do it to maybe get a payoff but if you treat it as anything more than legal bribery you are in for some real hard times ahead. I just lost a third of all my portfolio this last week alone. You better be ready for that kind of devastation. I could have bought a car with that money instead but thats the market for you.
>>
>>665864
legal gambling I mean.
>>
>>665856
>most of the preppers would rather have it happen than not.
That's your way to justify your own actions, i.e. not preparing.

No prepper wants anything bad to happen, ever. Prepping is like insurance. If I have a health insurance that doesn't mean I pray for cancer or HIV. Also, you need to consider the scale of things, staying alive through a full scale disaster vs. getting some insurance money for a stolen car.

You need some hobbies anyway and hobbies tend to be useless waste of time and money.
>>
File: 1.jpg (298KB, 1881x1881px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
298KB, 1881x1881px
It is pretty cringey.

1/6
>>
File: 1451601239706.jpg (36KB, 596x454px) Image search: [Google]
1451601239706.jpg
36KB, 596x454px
>>666336
I can assure you I am eagerly awaiting the moment the world is engulfed in nuclear hellfire/novel synthetic biological weapons/state sponsored cyberwarefare/whatever SHTF. I even prepped popcorn.
>>
File: prepper neckbeard.jpg (4MB, 3796x5387px) Image search: [Google]
prepper neckbeard.jpg
4MB, 3796x5387px
>>667914
ok i couldn't be bothered with waiting for the cooldown between each post, so here they all are
>>
>>667921
That guy with the proper wool overcoat looks pretty decent desu.
>>
>>667921
I was wondering if it is true what they say that you should look normal to blend in.

A guy with a WW2 era gas mask and helmet probably doesn't have anything worth stealing. He's certainly insane and if he has a big knife, maybe people leave him alone.

>>667927
It's the same person in all photos, I think.

That wool overcoat must be heavy, yet it's better than modern materials if you have to sleep outside etc. Once the world is burning it's good to have clothes that don't catch fire so easily.
>>
I used to like watching survival/edc bag vids and how people put their stuff together, in the end it's just good old consumerism. I realised it's always the same gear, the same tips, the same kind of people doing those videos. You never see anyone actually make use any of their bags or those shitty altoids fishing kits they put together, why? Because they're kiddy garbage.

You don't need more than a decent knife, a thermos and a good set of clothes to survive the wild. A fucking compass? A magnesium fire rod to stick up your bumhole? It's ridiculous.
>>
>>667921
Isn't that just a kid though? They always look terrible when posing in anything.
>>
>>668214
I thought your image was a joke but its not :/

>but the Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Pack ($950) might make you feel like giving it a shot. The pack comes with every Gerber Bear Gryils product in existence, placed skillfully in his Commando 60 survival pack.

I feel sorry for that sucker who paid $950 for 20 chink made knives
>>
>>668214
>You don't need more than a decent knife, a thermos and a good set of clothes to survive the wild.

True in a limited sense. Where I live, bad weather takes away pretty much everything sometimes. You aren't even left with a house, let alone a bugout bag when you are caught out at a 7-11 you rode to on your bicycle when the sirens sound.

An underground bunker stocked with goods comes in really handy when your house and your neighbors' houses have been turned into what amounts to as toothpicks spread over 3 miles of land and you have kids to feed and clothe.
>>
>>668214
The bag and the first aid kit look decent.
>>
>>665847
The rule is 1/3 on risky but fast growing placement, 1/3 on secure but slow obligations/treasure bond, 1/3 in precious metal.

It's just common sense at this point.
It's like checking the pressure of your tires and the cleanness of your brakes, or having a extinguisher at home. 99% of the youtube "preppers" don't even think of it.
>>
>>667927
It's all the same guy. These were pulled directly from his facebook, which I stumbled upon in one of those shitty bushcraft groups filled with people who can neither spell nor form a coherent sentence.

>>668217
From what I can tell he's well into his 20s.
>>
>>661357

Depending on the store too, some times it's not even 48 hours. Stupid cunt of a manager at my store, doesn't know how to plan an order. Half way through the day most the shelves are empty.
>>
I bet the surge in survival themed videogames over the last couple years attracted some cringy autists too
>>
>>668446
Don't project so much.
>>
>>669296
check steam, half the indie titles these days have "survival" as a tag
>>
>>669313
Do you not know what psychological projection is? I'll give you a hint, it has nothing to do with product descriptions of video games in >>668446
>>
File: chimpout chart.jpg (315KB, 1008x1260px) Image search: [Google]
chimpout chart.jpg
315KB, 1008x1260px
>>661284

One thing about chimpouts is that they're entirely insulated from the civilized world. Niggers don't rampage outside of their own neighborhoods because they know the white/asian/latino homeowners a few blocks away would shoot them down if they tried it.

Unless you live within a ghetto like Ferguson or downtown Baltimore you won't have to worry about a chimpout. If you did live in a place like that you wouldn't be on /out/.
>>
>>664795

Looks like Las Vegas or Phoenix, actually. Fly in to either of these places on a clear day and you'll recognize this scene.
>>
File: giphy-facebook_s.jpg (38KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.jpg
38KB, 480x270px
>>661838
>>
File: 1449102821887.png (3KB, 203x219px) Image search: [Google]
1449102821887.png
3KB, 203x219px
someones been playing too many video games
>>
File: stangenbuechse1.jpg (187KB, 1066x1409px) Image search: [Google]
stangenbuechse1.jpg
187KB, 1066x1409px
>>661768
>Firesticks
Listen up you uncivilized bonehead, this is my BOOM STICK!
>>
File: granthigamb_lg.jpg (24KB, 250x329px) Image search: [Google]
granthigamb_lg.jpg
24KB, 250x329px
>>661333
fat =/= weak friend
>>
File: It_Is_A_Sickness.jpg (210KB, 540x902px) Image search: [Google]
It_Is_A_Sickness.jpg
210KB, 540x902px
>>670012
>go to SAM'S CLUB
>sale on several items
>even cheaper in bulk
>buy enough for a month
>go to check out
>clerk chick says "someones been playing too many video games"
>guy behind me in line goes, "lol yeah! you expecting the zombie apocalypse?"
>both yammer on and on about how preppers are morons

All I had was salt, noodles, flour, yeast packets, sugar, beans, rice, bacon end pieces, onions, potatoes, garlic, and oranges. It cost all of $50. That's just a normal thing of food for a month, of stuff I didn't already have at home.
>>
>>661413
the NG is not the militia
the militia is every able bodied male of fighting age
>>
>>664800
I was riding my motorcycle around in the suburbs of the Dallas / Ft. Worth area and saw a massive new subdivision with like 70% finished homes with people living in them and 30% still under construction.. I rode in there to check it out, got lost, and couldn't find my way out for like 30 minutes. I ended up just following a school bus around until it led me back to the main road.
>>
>>670041
>people making fun of you for buying items in bulk at Sam's Club

WTF, I thought the whole purpose of going to Sam's Club was to buy stuff in bulk?
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 676x858px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 676x858px
>>661949
>formerly from a no-gunz EU
>been no-gunz since soviets
>government pretty cool
>no one have issues

DPRK hate please go
>>
>>661271

It's both you, and the average self described 'prepper' being autistic cunts.
>>
>>670041
>you own more than one kind of knife
>you talk about ammo more than once a month
>you have more than 1 lighter
>your kids are not afraid of guns
the fuck, why are yurotrash so afraid of guns? It's like you guys think that guns turn people into crazy psychopaths. It's sad, like they're projecting or something.
>>
>>670041

>buy a 50lbs bag of rice

>He's asian, they do that.
>>
>>661271
protip,

actual preppers arent attention whores and dont discuss their shit, at all
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jjI-mvcy2Y

he is the most retarded one?
>>
>>670731
not everything he says is retarded he knows a few things, but yeah he also says/does dumb things
and jesus christ, that haircut
>>
>>668214
>You don't need more than a decent knife, a thermos and a good set of clothes to survive the wild. A fucking compass? A magnesium fire rod to stick up your bumhole? It's ridiculous.
seriously, is that your advice on wilderness survival in general?
head out without a compass and bring a thermos?

I believe you watched those videos, but did you ever actually go outside yourself, and did you walk any further than 3km from your car?
>>
>>661273
>non-domesticated people

The reason I don't like the prepper movement is because people think being tough excuses them from basic social skills.

I love learning survival skills, but I would not ever call myself a prepper. Those man-children live in a post-apoc fantasy land.
>>
>>661271
Because the 'pepper movement' specifically, requires the belief that the world is going to end in a short amount of time due to a specific type of event. To believe that you have to be a bit of a nut job.
Simply take it back a step and look at the outdoors man and survivalist movments and you see far less nut jobs because its a hobby/lifestyle that doesn't require any extreme beliefs.
>>
File: 1452790764393.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1452790764393.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>670041
dat pic
>>
File: 213.gif (980KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
213.gif
980KB, 500x272px
>>670739
>did you walk any further than 3km from your car?
>>
>>670758
Real preppers actually have a pretty big social support network of local friends and family. It is the isolationist crazies that you see on tv and who are the ones more apt to not have proper social ties. The latter are also the ones more likely to be doomed or need help in an emergency.
>>
>>661870
It is
>>
/out/ I live next to one of these morons and his manchild retard son.

> mowing the lawn when I see Prepper with a rented backhow
> the fuck is he doing now
> later in the day I am walking my dog when I see prepper loading the backhoe
> digging a pool neighbor?
> "No Anon, I am building an underground bunker!"
> he offers to show me it
> it's laid out in a "H" shape
> goes into great detail over what will be where
> plans on using shipping containers
> Inform him shipping containers are a poor choice and not meant to support weight in the middle, only the edges
> also it's in a pretty low spot, do you have a way to pump away or dam water?
> what the fuck do you know anon about building underground?
> Oh you know I only poured foundation with my dad, but what the fuck do I know bout structurally sound underground living conditions
> I leave prepper to his destroyed yard and giant pit of shit
> a week later the containers arrives and he puts them in with a rented crane
> he buries them again and makes his bunker
> a month goes buy and me and prepper don't speak a word to each other
> get pretty heavy rain as well
> get a knock on the door
> it's prepper's retard son
> "My dad is wondering if you had a water pump?"
> Yeah?
> I go with prepper son tard and see what happened
> not only did his bunker collapse in the middle, water seeped in
> whole bunker in flooded
> all his food, some guns and ammo, and other survival shit is buried in water
> start pumping only to have sentiment clay clog the water pump repeatedly
> only pump out maybe 2000 gallons
> still under 4 feet of water
> prepper and prepper son do down to salvage what they can
> prepper want to burrow my pump more
> agonized my better judgement I let him
> I get my pump back 2 weeks later covered in clay, told it jammed up and the hose and intake is clogged with hardened clay

This is just one of many, but he is always doing dumb shit, will post more
>>
>>671047
This takes place before the bunker. When we assumed he was a decent recently divorced human being.
> my wife and I garden constantly and do the farmer's market along with a lot of self sufficient stuff
> prepper sees up picking veggies and taking jars from our green house
> asks us what we are doing
> canning
> he ask us innocently to teach him
> spend an afternoon teaching him how to can
> with his new found knowledge he wants to can himself
> at first he bought his own veggies and did it himself
> then one day we start to see our veggies slowly disappear
> I install a trail cam to watch for what's eating our veggies
> on a sunday morning I check out the cam
> photos from Saturday night
> 2 guys in camo and carrying rifles at the low ready
> one is picking while the other is pointing a rifle
> in the direction of my fucking house
> run off towards preppers home
> send photos to the cops who do nothing because they could not ID perps
> I confront prepper with the photos
> outright denies he is stealing
> this battle end with me putting up flood light on motion censors
> they are chases away
>>
>>671047
>>671066
>heavy rain floods underground shipping container bunker.

You mean it didn't float up out of the ground? That is normally what happens. Also, that isn't a prepper. Even in the slightest. Those are just dumb rednecks. Dumb rednecks/white trash/etc do dumb shit like that constantly. You are better off moving. I'm not at all joking.
>>
File: 1303991783352.jpg (40KB, 715x484px) Image search: [Google]
1303991783352.jpg
40KB, 715x484px
>>671047
>>671066
When I was too much into prepping, I took a moment to study underground structures. It's not hard to do, to solve the water problem, just build it on a slope and have a tube for evacuating used water that goes downhill.

The other solution is a pump, but then you need a secure energy source and a backup solution.
>>
>>671085
Only IP2 containers are hermetic.
You do not want to live in one because, well, they are hermetic. Regular containers have a condensation problem but this will just kill you.
>>
>>661271
The Preppers that make me cringe are the ones that think they are "living in the last days"
>>
>>671228
They don't need to be airtight to float up out of the ground during a heavy rainstorm. I've seen it first hand. Sometimes it takes 1 heavy downpour other times it takes a couple years. It is why you should always use a "Deadman Anchoring System" to prevent it. Also, any underground bunker needs to be airtight and have ventilation. Meaning it is hermetic, save for the ventilation. Meaning if you put it in a body of water they will float. If they don't, your bunker isn't made correctly.

But, rednecks are idiots and probably had a screendoor on it with a slanted entryway. So, water pours into it at their feet and air exits near the ceiling so it becomes an underground water tank.
>>
File: DC Store Shelves January 21 2016.jpg (448KB, 1220x894px) Image search: [Google]
DC Store Shelves January 21 2016.jpg
448KB, 1220x894px
>preppers are crazy
>preppers are stupid
>blah blah blah prepper hate blah blah

Meanwhile, store shelves in Washington, DC right now:

http://www.infowars.com/snowmaggedon2016-empty-store-shelves-as-panicked-shoppers-ransack-grocery-stores/
http://twitchy.com/2016/01/20/washington-d-c-in-full-blown-bread-and-milk-freakout/
http://dcist.com/2016/01/this_is_what_the_supermarket_looks.php

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/21/us/winter-snowstorm-washington-blizzard/

Most of America is only 1 week away from starvation.
>>
>>671227
this looks so nice... and expensive.

>>671323
My parents who are nowhere near being preppers, they don't even know about that shit, have food for like 3 months in their home, rice, pasta, beans and so on and so on. Why is the random american so damn poor?
>>
>>671333
It isn't about being "poor" monetarily. it is being "poor" of mind. A poverty mentality lives paycheck to paycheck and meal to meal.

I'm in the low class of poverty, making less than $5k a year. But, I don't have a poverty mentality. I always have about 4-6 months worth of food on rotation in my pantry. Most of which was grown in my gardens. I have wood heat when I need it. I have a water well I can draw water from when needed. I have enough ammo to take enough game to last a few years (in addition to live traps, snares, and fishing equipment). My meal plan isn't for the day or week, it is for the month. I'm not even a prepper, I'm just "storm-ready" and this is my way of life.

Most people aren't really sure what they'll be eating tomorrow. if their meal isn't a "number 5 with shake".
>>
>>663027
The point of a castle was more to dominate the locals, and when attacked to give them time to send a backup army to make said foraging enemy fuck off.
>>
>>671340
Nice post but how do you make so little in America, anon? $5k is really, really low. Do you even work full time?
>>
File: index.jpg (10KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 276x183px
>>661412
>Every single solitary "seige" throughout human history ends with the besieged being ransacked and killed
Agree with everything, except this.
There are tons of castles that have been constantly besieged and never taken. That's why they were built.
>>
Assholes think they can survive a "zombie" apocalypse or a full WW3 or even a nuclear blast.
There is no survival on the level of war we can fight today. Unless you are the wining attacker you'll die.
Ridiculous, bunch of fags with $ to spend on shit.

PS Retard google shit just let me select the wrong images :-D
>>
>>671361
The most annoying thing is people who think they have all the answers and everything figured out. Some preppers are like this, but you are also doing this. Apparently we might as well lie down and die and give up survival because you are saying it's hopeless.

No one can predict the future. No one knows exactly how things will play out. It really bugs me when people say "when ww3 breaks out, this and that WILL happen".

And prepping can just be about some simple things like food. We know for a fact that food is an issue during times of crisis. It's a universal need that will always be there. It doesn't have to be about nuclear fallout.
>>
>>671323
As a DC native this happens literally every time the it snows. Retards go to the store and buy a fifteen gallons of milk and twenty loaves of bread whenever more than two inches of snow are predicted. You don't need to be a prepper to just have enough food to wait out the stupid people and buy milk next week.
>>
>>671333
>expensive.
Pre built structure, assembled in no time. You need to show money, but the more expensive is to dig the hole, and it is relatively cheap.

>>671323
This is why you should have some stock of food. No need to get one year of it, my rule is 4 weeks of water, 4 months of food and gas to cook.

The cost is virtually nothing as I end eating the food and drinking the water eventually while I make a rotation on my stock.
>>
File: sensible prepper.png (582KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
sensible prepper.png
582KB, 960x540px
What does /out/ think of him?

I watch his vids to have a good laugh personally.
>>
>>661271
They do what they do, if they find it fun, then let them be. It's their cash.

Though i feel like they are kind of wannabes. I think they're actually scared to get /out/ so they prepare for if it was forced upon them. I imagine if they actually started going /out/ a lot they would do less prepping.

But as i say, people can do what they want, no hate from me. And everyone should at least be somewhat prepared.

I think if you find it cringy OP its more of a reflection of yourself than other people.
>>
>>670032
I'm sure lifting a 100kg stone will help when you're out in the wild, setting up camp, making a fire, hunting, etc.

Also
>implying this is what American fatties are.
>>
>>671323
>your body can survive 3 weeks without food
>only 1 week away from starvation
America!
>>
>>672031
starvation =/= death
you are definitely starving after a week without food
while you may technically survive for 3 weeks, you'll basically be so ill that it's not exactly a great plant to "tough it out" for 3 weeks.
>>
Basics of prepping:

You need alot of blades, guns and ammo to protect your guns blade and ammo when SHTF.

THE KEY IS REDUDANCY!

Dig holes to hide your blades, guns and ammo so you always got backup if you lose your 173 other blades and guns.

Never leave the house with less than 3 knoifes 2 guns and 150 bullets of ammo (do not forget your bug out bag) because you must be prepared in case of north korea and cthullu attacks the western world and you are at the mall and you need 72 hours to reach a save location because you are fat and your EDC weights a ton.

If you think about food you should buy the cheapest stuff you can find, nevertheless you got no money left becau knoifes and guns
>>
>>672031
The American body can survive a full year without food.
>>
>>673393
OMG I literally can't stop laughing
>>
>>661271
Marketing man, marketing.
"You can never be prepared enough."

Same with bushcraft fags. 400$ custom knife with custom kydex sheath, a ferro rod and a sharpener attached. Add a 70$ sharpening system to that, because only a razor sharp edge, which is lost after 5 mins of whittling, is acceptable.

People don't look back at the old days. My grandfather grew up in Pommerania and only needed a shitty folding knife and a hatchet for the work he did every day.
>>
File: record.jpg (842KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
record.jpg
842KB, 2272x1704px
>>673411
>Same with bushcraft fags.
People make choices between a 20k car and a 60k car. Some people have huge mortages so that they can live like rich people. If I spend 1k for stuff I don't need, but which makes me happy, what's the problem? There are phones that cost more than these knives and after a year or two a phone will have no value while the knife will have some. Think having money and not using it. Yea it gives some security, but other than that it's the same thing as not having money.

It's the bad big decisions and small unnecessary running expenses that will keep you poor and paying interests for rich people.

>My grandfather grew up in Pommerania and only needed a shitty folding knife and a hatchet for the work he did every day.
The world was different back then. There hardly were any shitty knives back then or shitty hatchets for that matter. People were poor, so whenever they bought something, they wanted it to last, they didn't have money to buy a new one, like people today. In short there were little market for shitty products. Today it's the opposite.
>>
>>673491
Okay, but why buy several knives?
>>
>>673497
Some knives have special uses like a fillet knife, utility knife, carving knife, chef's knife, etc. Their blade design and handle design are for specific uses. Also, you can pack various knives in various places, like you vehicle, pocket, boat, camping gear, etc. Typically, you keep your food prep tools separate from your utility tools.

Also, finding a good reputable tool in the modern age fucking sucks. I ended up making knives for myself just to have something that fitted what I needed to do and the amount of wear and tear I place on them.

>>673491
>pic

Do want!
>>
>>673498
>food prep tools
Literally, $5 kitchen knives we all already have.
>your utility tools
If you are not into carving, it fall back at a $20 opinel. If you hunt, add one $50 tanning knife.

I think what you call good by today's standards do not even existed 50 years ago. Buy yourself an ESEE and it's god tier warranty if you have to, or browse the internet to find another good one.

That being said, making your own knives is badass, and probably fun as well.
>>
>>673542
>god tier warranty

Oh good, I hope they can reimburse me ASAP when I'm stranded somewhere in a survival situation when their shitty, well-warrantied knife breaks.

>That being said, making your own knives is badass, and probably fun as well.

It is also very easy to do. Give it a try.
>>
>>673491
Mora 711
GB small forest axe
Wood saw

That's all I need.
I used a kitchen knife made in China with a sheath made of black tape and foam when I was 16. It worked just fine, it just took longer than it does with my present tools.
The stuff I made was rough AF but it worked. I took stones to split wood etc.
I switched to a 30$ 10 inch chopper made of 420 steel years later.
It still holds up well.
But yeah I can understand you. A friend of mine bought a Tops pathfinder school knife with micarta scales and kydex sheath. It definetly had a more robust feeling to it than a cheaper product and made me think of getting something prettier, but yeah I guess I am to stingy.
Germany is zhe thriftiest nation in zhe world ju musst know, I am a good example of that. lol
>>
>>661357
This. Every moment I have invested into survival skills has been because of this fact. The food and water will run out quickly. People are at thier worst when desperate. I want to be able to fuck off to the woods to try and avoid that shit show as much as possible.
>>
File: 1433281686984.jpg (270KB, 1672x1672px) Image search: [Google]
1433281686984.jpg
270KB, 1672x1672px
>>671323
As someone who lives in Florida, I don't know anyone who doesn't have a stocked pantry and cupboard with cans of food and gallons of water. Our weather is so unpredictable that not having supplies is down right retarded.

The whole prepping think is a good idea with a following of idiots. One or two rifles with ammo (or like two canisters of bear spray+bat), a good month or so worth of food+water, and knowledge of gardening/first aid = you're gud m8.
>>
>>671980
I think he's a doofus with enough money to feed his gear queer fetish.

His negligent discharge video was amusing to watch. Despite everything but his hand/gun being off camera you can actually pinpoint the moment his pants are full of fresh, steamy shit
>>
>>674791
link
>>
>>674802
https://youtu.be/sEgGiTVLUuM?t=2m34s
>>
>>674832
lmao thanks anon, the way he just sits and puts it down he knows he fucked up
>>
>>672031
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation
>your body can survive 3 weeks without food

Good luck with that.
>>
>>671323
>snow storm
>12 inches of snow
>roads blocked with 12 inches of snow for a day
>stores wiped out
>angry as fuck customers
>have to close store early because they don't believe there's nothing, "in the back" and they get mighty pissy due to their lack of milk, bread, and doritos while going into a a hypoglycemic rage

Thank god, none of them can run very far in a real emergency or they might be dangerous. The fucking thing is, this fucking frenzy is the media's fault. We get a shit ton of snow every damn year. It is the middle of January and there's normally 4-6 feet of snow right now and -40F nights. Yet, people watch the shitty media hype up "STORM OF THE CENTURY!" and chimp out. I think next time I'll just call in sick.
>>
>>674832
>Grorious 9mm can't go through an aluminum box
kek
>>
File: 1451151744353.jpg (68KB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
1451151744353.jpg
68KB, 500x476px
>TFW on a small island
>TFW erryone has at least a 3 month supply of toilet paper and spam
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.